AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC HD video test seen

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the HD stream work with the Logitech 9000? Last night I was getting tons of questions from models about that. I didnt know if it supported HD.

only models need to update flash to version 11 from what i gather, for members you do not as far as I read...

i think being under the first who do HD-shows is a great opportunity for models to get traffic today.
I for example just browsed through all the HD rooms. (okay, none of my favorites were online - but i think i had done it anyway.)

Traffic doesn't mean automatically to get more tips but it is a opportunity to get the interest of some members that never accessed your room before.

Good luck to all you models!!!

CammiStar said:
I agree with LL. Let's not get crazy with the HD. Not shaving my legs every day has become a nice treat for me..

Me too! lol Does this mean we will have to start?! :/

aisha_alexi said:
CammiStar said:
I agree with LL. Let's not get crazy with the HD. Not shaving my legs every day has become a nice treat for me..

Me too! lol Does this mean we will have to start?! :/
No, it's optional. But, I too am very disturbed by this news. No one ever needs or will want to see me in HD!

fyi, you can't use this with manycams. Unless I am doing something wrong it made it stay the same after trying hd, so I stopped using it and went without, BINGO!

ohmystarz said:
fyi, you can't use this with manycams. Unless I am doing something wrong it made it stay the same after trying hd, so I stopped using it and went without, BINGO!

Yup, ManyCams flipped a giant shit on me last night. It showed a black screen for me and an error popped up with it. I had to uninstall it to get my cam up and running last night.

ohmystarz said:

Never mind! its the force size that needs to be changed.

I for one will not want to watch HD cams as that would reduce my monthly cam-watching time in half (at least), as I am on a monthly bandwidth limit of 40GB and that can soon disappear just on the non-HD cam streams.

The requirements for HD streaming make for expensive reading, you need a powerful computer for starters, then a wired network connection to ensure a reliable stream (not good for roaming around with a laptop, wireless signals fluctuate too much unless you sit right next to the router), finally a recommended minimum of 1Mbps up and down on DSL internet, something that is not available or very expensive for most UK households (most consumer broadband here is ADSL and actual up/down speeds are rarely what's advertised). This may all be OK for models who make plenty out of the site but for the rest who barely make their monthly targets in order to get paid, forget it.

Hate to be so pessimistic but it's just not worth it at present for me. If MFC goes entirely HD I won't be using the site much and may just lose interest. Having the option to watch SD or HD streams would be better for the viewer, although may cost MFC (and ultimately the models) more to run.

The framerate on HD is currently lower than it is on SD and the compression algorithm, from what I can tell from Adobe's Flash 11 pate, is a tad more efficient, so when all is said and done, I doubt that it will affect pervs' bandwidth requirements as much as all that. Usage costs are coming down generally, as well, so I don't think it's time to panic over this quite yet.

Sevrin said:
The framerate on HD is currently lower than it is on SD and the compression algorithm, from what I can tell from Adobe's Flash 11 pate, is a tad more efficient, so when all is said and done, I doubt that it will affect pervs' bandwidth requirements as much as all that. Usage costs are coming down generally, as well, so I don't think it's time to panic over this quite yet.

I really hope it's possible for models to select 320*240 in h264 at some point.
Some connections (of models) simply won't cope with HD.

For example - RebeccaFox has a slow connection, but is running HD.
Her cam was fairly low quality in SD, with a lowish framerate.
In HD, yes, the quality has gotten lots better, but it's almost slideshow.
If it was possible to broadcast in 320*240 with the new codec, her cam would look lots better.

I note that with HD, the bandwidth is almost equivalent to streaming a 'divx' - 250 meg for 27 minutes. (Amber last night)
But the quality is nowhere close, with repeated freezes.
I wonder how much quality MFC has over the compression in the flash.

I think some of you girls are giving non-HD streams a little too much credit for your sexiness.

Guys are not going to go "oh WOW so this is what you really look like! :? "

JickyJuly said:
Fun question here... is there a way to see myself in the hd before broadcasting it to mfc? If it's scary, i'd like to only scare myself. :oops:

There _really_ should be a MFC test account that models could log into that'd record some video. Maybe even a test 'homepage' - and no tipping possible, though that may be too elaborate.
The only way I can think of off-hand is to go private with a friend that can record a few seconds of video.
(edit) Or as the tweet from MFC says maybe not.

And a popup saying there are problems with your feed if >5% of the frames are delayed more than a few percent.

JickyJuly said:
Fun question here... is there a way to see myself in the hd before broadcasting it to mfc? If it's scary, i'd like to only scare myself. :oops:

Depending on your webcam software, what you see on your desktop from your webcam should approximate what members would see in HD on MFC. Your video won't get sharper after you feed it through MFC, so if you are happy with how you look with a direct feed to your own computer, you will be happy with what members see on MFC, although the frame rate will be lower.

Reactions: NoelleBright
Sevrin said:
if you are happy with how you look with a direct feed to your own computer, you will be happy with what members see on MFC, although the frame rate will be lower.

Maybe - at least one model today (AshaSnow) - when switching to HD, the quality got _a_lot_ worse.

Reactions: HollieCakes
FifthElephant said:
Sevrin said:
if you are happy with how you look with a direct feed to your own computer, you will be happy with what members see on MFC, although the frame rate will be lower.

Maybe - at least one model today (AshaSnow) - when switching to HD, the quality got _a_lot_ worse.

Though I'm guessing that isn't the fault of "HD", but rather the software/webcam setup/bandwidth of mfc and/or the feed trying to go HD. I guess that's why it's in beta.

The model I posted a few posts up looked GREAT in HD but a bunch of people in her room made reference to the fact that it looked really crappy earlier...so I dunno. Perhaps it's more prone to degradation with bandwidth fluctuation?

Sevrin said:
This will probably be fixed soon, but the room previews in Lounge and the popups don't work for models broadcasting in HD at the moment.

Edit: Someone in Lounge mentioned that I'd need to upgrade my Flash. Have others found that this fixed it?
Same problem here. It has nothing to do with your Flash. Thumbs are generate on server side. My guess is that MFC "thumb creator" is having problems accessing HD webcams and can't take a snapshot.

FifthElephant said:
For example - RebeccaFox has a slow connection, but is running HD.
Her cam was fairly low quality in SD, with a lowish framerate.
In HD, yes, the quality has gotten lots better, but it's almost slideshow.
If it was possible to broadcast in 320*240 with the new codec, her cam would look lots better.

I take most of what I said back! I was watching RebeccaFox as a trial run of the HD last night and I think it averaged at about 35Kbps, frame rate looked smooth and steady at my end. I have seen regular SD cams average nearly twice this data rate which is why I tend not to stay in those rooms for too long; the quality of the image and data rate seems to be entirely dependent on what the model's camera and computer is capable of putting out whether it be SD or HD. I also looked at another model's HD cam and it fluctuated between around 70Kbps and almost 300Kbps! This is a cam I could definitely not watch for any period of time in HD. It reminds me of digital TV vs analogue TV - it is the same resolution but the quality is just so much better (in the case of this webcam stream the frame rate may have been better with fewer compression artefacts). In my opinion many models would probably just benefit from a better cam and computer system, HD would then be a breeze and hopefully the data rate can be capped at about 50Kbps.

Rebecca's cam seemed fine and stable, with only a very occasional half-second black screen popping up, nothing that SD cam streams didn't already do with the occasional half- or full second freeze frame.

I was suitably impressed with the quality, the size (it was full 640x480), but obviously the compression meant that moving parts blurred and contained compression artefacts when there was a lot of motion, this has always happened in streaming video though.

Just as an addendum, I note that an average slightly jerky but still very acceptable and consistent SD cam averages around 20Kbps at my end. They tend to fluctuate between about 5Kbps and 30Kbps depending on what the model is doing.

JickyJuly said:

Every time I get to see a model on Skype or in a video I am amazed how crappy MFC makes them look. I have seen models who I thought were a 6 or 7 bumped up to a 8 or 9. I do not think you have anything to worry about.

Jupiter551 said:
I think some of you girls are giving non-HD streams a little too much credit for your sexiness.

Guys are not going to go "oh WOW so this is what you really look like! :? "

haha yes they will :)

Reactions: LailaBaise
Status
Not open for further replies.