AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC HD video test seen

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nzhere

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Sep 6, 2010
:think:

Seen testing..

Resolution appears to be 640x480

Attachments

• HDavatar.jpg
    HDavatar.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 736
  • testcam3hd.jpg
    testcam3hd.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 737
:dance:

I wonder if they will consider using HTML5 for the video instead of Flash in the future?

This is only going to further the divide between girls who have shit cams and girls who don't.

I'm kind of curious what MFC's definition of "HD" is going to be, considering that their current streams don't even meet the definition of "SD".

BullFrogBlues said:
I wonder if they will consider using HTML5 for the video instead of Flash in the future?
MFC also uses Adobe products for the back end of its streaming process, so this would have to wait until Adobe comes out with a product that streams in a format that an HTML5 player could handle. They may have something like this already, I don't know.

Reactions: SweetxCassidy
CammiStar said:
I agree with LL. Let's not get crazy with the HD. Not shaving my legs every day has become a nice treat for me..

While I would like 640*480, I'd first like 320*240 at a constant, and high FPS.
MFC seems to have real problems delivering this with the current software and models cameras, even with models with decent upload speeds.

HD content - at high FPS with decent bandwidth - great!
HD content - at currentish bitrates, with lower framerate - meh.

Tested out the HD video for MFC today. Excited at how big you can make the video when the girl is broadcasting HD! It's not perfect, but it's cool nonetheless. Only the software works with it as of this moment, but within a day or two the web broadcaster will allow it as well (according to the admins.)

Here's a cap of the member side (left) and the model side (right, durr) from when I was testing it out. And keep in mind, the video window could get a LOT bigger than that!

Attachments

• HD mfc.jpg
    HD mfc.jpg
    701 KB · Views: 616
Reactions: Kori_Love
Any verdict on the technical specs of the new stream? Is it actually 640x480?

I'll be trying it in about 10 minutes if anyone wants to sneak a peek. My upload is only .5 so it might be fail city. If it is I'll be going back to non-HD until I upgrade my internet.

I did go and check out some other models and to be honest, it kinda seems like they just clicked the 'big' button for you upon entering. :lol:

EvaLee said:
I'll be trying it in about 10 minutes if anyone wants to sneak a peek. My upload is only .5 so it might be fail city. If it is I'll be going back to non-HD until I upgrade my internet.

I did go and check out some other models and to be honest, it kinda seems like they just clicked the 'big' button for you upon entering. :lol:
Using your HD cam and the HD MFC quality, you looked crystal clear, but slightly choppy.

And every 20 seconds or so, there was a black/blue flash on the screen, weird but I can't describe it.

Moving around quickly made you slightly pixelated. Dunno if that's the HD or a slow upstream.

Attachments

• eva in HD.jpg
    eva in HD.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 571
LovelyLemon said:
goddamnit. I prefer my Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds are Forever-esque blurry glow.

(((sneaks off to investigate the laser hair removal thread)))

I look forward to scrutinising your every pore :thumbleft:

Has MFC mentioned a recommended sustained upload speed for models wanting to broadcast in HD? Also, if models are working more than one site, I imagine that bandwidth would need to be multiplied for however many sites they are simultaneously broadcasting to?

AmberCutie said:
Epic picture of Prince.

Hey thanks for taking that shot! A bunch of my regs took pics of me in both non-HD and HD so I can compare side by side and will be posting them as well. I was on HD for about 2 hours, and Leo was there checking how things went for a while as well. He said he looked great and was happy with the results.

The verdict in my room was that it was amazing, however yes it can get choppy at times. I also noticed the blue/black flickering. I figured it was from my c910 that had been wacked around a lot, but we went non-HD for a little bit and it fixed that issue. Some members also reporting their Adobe crashing and overall slow downs on their computer because they have to download the HD feed. I kept reminding my room that a majority of my audience said it was almost flawless (except the flickering) and that members need to remember they have to *download* the feed. So if they are downloading at the same time, that can really screw things up.

Now my upload is slow, fucking slow. It's only .5. Streamate didn't even accept my HD feed so I wasn't expecting this to go well at all. :lol: A lot of my viewers said they were very impressed with what they saw when I told them I only had .5. I have decided that I will be bumping up my internet within the next few days. :)

Thanks again for posting that!

bawksy said:
Any verdict on the technical specs of the new stream? Is it actually 640x480?

It requires Flash 11 (beta) to be installed at the models end to support H 264. The Video is Mpeg 4 H264 640 x 480 resolution at 10 FPS and the audio is Nellymoser | Codec ID- 6 | Channels- 1 Channel | Bit depth- 16bits | Sampling Rate- 22 KHz

You can learn how to set it up here

http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/HD_Video_Beta

Couple models broadcasting in HD right now, they have little HD letters in the corner of their homepage preview.

Not gonna lie, it's surprisingly clear.

Attachments

• HD.jpg
    HD.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 476
nzhere said:
The Video is Mpeg 4 H264 640 x 480 resolution at 10 FPS
:sadpanda
While I understand the reasons, I find 10fps video very tiring to watch.
Especially when it's doing what it's been doing on all the models I've looked at - doing 10 frames, then a pause of up to a third of a second, then resuming with a burst.
The ideal case would be that the model streamed at 640*480@25FPS to MFC, who could then split it into a high bandwidth, and a low bandwidth stream.

For phones, who can't deal with the data charges, and people with weak connections.
I also note that some models cams are saying 'HD' - but are really in 320*240 h264, which I would actually argue is often a better choice than the existing flv codec, as it's lots better quality for the size.

FifthElephant said:
nzhere said:
The Video is Mpeg 4 H264 640 x 480 resolution at 10 FPS
:sadpanda
While I understand the reasons, I find 10fps video very tiring to watch.
Especially when it's doing what it's been doing on all the models I've looked at - doing 10 frames, then a pause of up to a third of a second, then resuming with a burst.
The ideal case would be that the model streamed at 640*480@25FPS to MFC, who could then split it into a high bandwidth, and a low bandwidth stream.

The Logitech 9000 does 640x480 @ 30 fps right? (theoretically under perfect conditions) so if MFC HD is at 10 FPS its going to be dropping 2/3rd of the frames. I'm not %100 sure if its fixed at 10 FPS max or will be adjusted based on the connection bandwidth and video profile like it is now.

Perhaps there will be a few new Video profiles
e.g
400K HD Lite (640x480 10fps)
500K HD LOW (640x480 15fps max)
700K HD HIGH (640x480 30fps max)

Jupiter551 said:
Couple models broadcasting in HD right now, they have little HD letters in the corner of their homepage preview.

Not gonna lie, it's surprisingly clear.

It was really weird - I went into her room just before she switched to HD and I thought the picture quality was worse with HD :lol:
Maybe it was because she was moving, or maybe it's because I should resize the view...but at first, I thought "meh".
I checked back a lil later and it did seem better, so maybe she adjusted a few settings.

This will probably be fixed soon, but the room previews in Lounge and the popups don't work for models broadcasting in HD at the moment.

Edit: Someone in Lounge mentioned that I'd need to upgrade my Flash. Have others found that this fixed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.