AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Mail Issues

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ann_Sulu

V.I.P. AmberLander
Inactive Cam Model
Jun 16, 2012
Bespin, Cloud City
ann-sulu.com
Twitter Username
@Ann_sulu19
Streamate Username
Ann_Sulu
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/54402/Ann_Sulu/
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/studio/78435/Ann_Sulu-Custom--HD-Videos
Is there some sort of spam/ignore button on mail? I've blocked, banned and ignore this guy and he keeps mailing me.

Reactions: SerenaMoon
I don't think you can block/ignore someone's emails... but Amber did tell us a secret. If you want to read it without them knowing, you just click "respond" and can read the message there. It will still show up as "Unread by Receiver" to the guy, and hopefully eventually he'll give up.

He made a deal with me that I wouldn't report him for annoying me if he would stop mailing, then he somehow got into my room even though I blocked him. Ban! then instant mail...again...bastard!

I think the catch about the ban/ignore functions is that they don't work fully unless the person is in your room at the time of the action. If you ban/ignore a person without them in the room, I don't believe it blocks their IP, it just blocks their name from entering your room again, and doesn't block MFC mails (ignore will do this if they are in your room when you iggy them, as far as I can tell.)

AmberCutie said:
I think the catch about the ban/ignore functions is that they don't work fully unless the person is in your room at the time of the action. If you ban/ignore a person without them in the room, I don't believe it blocks their IP, it just blocks their name from entering your room again, and doesn't block MFC mails (ignore will do this if they are in your room when you iggy them, as far as I can tell.)

When I was ignored in a room I was not able to mail the model, and offline tips were stripped of their notes and given blank to the model.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Shaun__ said:
When I was ignored in a room I was not able to mail the model, and offline tips were stripped of their notes and given blank to the model.

Okay, I wondered about this too. The guy's last message he said mentioned that he had tipped me 100 tokens, but of course I didn't get them. He was nuts though, so for all I know he was just going to claim he tipped them, and I was scamming him or something. He hasn't bothered me since, but geez! He literally spent 8 hours online sending me mails wtf?! Well, he's gone so oh, well.

If the ignore function is used while the member is in your room:

1. He can't type in your room, nor PM you
2. His tips will not show up in your room, only in your token stats, without any notes
3. MFC mail will not show up in your inbox

I recently banned a member and received a few days worth of constant MFC mails. I contacted support about harassment and they sent him a warning. Luckily they stopped.

I_Am_Iris said:
I don't think you can block/ignore someone's emails... but Amber did tell us a secret. If you want to read it without them knowing, you just click "respond" and can read the message there. It will still show up as "Unread by Receiver" to the guy, and hopefully eventually he'll give up.
zomg that's exploiting!

Thanks so much for this lovelies! I have only just recently recieved the pleasure that comes from all the abusive garbage that a troll sends to your mailbox after you ban them.

I will try to make a mental note to ignore them first and then ban them so they are unable to send me emails in the future.

Glitchy said:
Thanks so much for this lovelies! I have only just recently recieved the pleasure that comes from all the abusive garbage that a troll sends to your mailbox after you ban them.

I will try to make a mental note to ignore them first and then ban them so they are unable to send me emails in the future.
That's what the "ignore" feature is for. Banned peoples' mfc mails will come through, ignored peoples' won't.

AmberCutie said:
Glitchy said:

That's what the "ignore" feature is for. Banned peoples' mfc mails will come through, ignored peoples' won't.

I am complete and utter n00b when it comes to MFC. It has been a huge learning curve for me for sure. :oops:

AmberCutie said:
If the ignore function is used while the member is in your room:

1. He can't type in your room, nor PM you
2. His tips will not show up in your room, only in your token stats, without any notes
3. MFC mail will not show up in your inbox

As an experiment, a model briefly put me on ignore yesterday. I think its actually worse than being banned, because 1) you have no way of communicating with the model, even in a tip note and 2) it lasts forever.

Reactions: AmberCutie
HobNobbies said:
Is there anyway a member could tell that's he's been iggied like he can when banned?
If you've been ignored by a model NO ONE else in the room can see your chat either. If you've been talking away and asking questions and no one is responding in any way...that's a mighty good clue.

Reactions: HobNobbies
JerryBoBerry said:
HobNobbies said:
Is there anyway a member could tell that's he's been iggied like he can when banned?
If you've been ignored by a model NO ONE else in the room can see your chat either. If you've been talking away and asking questions and no one is responding in any way...that's a mighty good clue.
They won't even see their own text in the chat window, I believe. It just disappears into oblivion.

AmberCutie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
HobNobbies said:
They won't even see their own text in the chat window, I believe. It just disappears into oblivion.

Yes I found that out the hard way as my brief career as K00L_Ray. I also found that you can send tips while ignored. The token disappear from your account, it appears that tip is sent, but I don't believe the model sees the tip note. I'd be interested to see if the model gets a notification that she got a tip.

Reactions: Jupiter551
AmberCutie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
HobNobbies said:
I didn't know they wouldn't even see their own text. This makes me wonder if the 'ignore' feature still works after the model has left the room for the night? Like basics and guests being turned off, once the model signs off they can be seen again.

I've not been put on ignore yet that I know to ever test any of these things out.

HiGirlsRHot said:
AmberCutie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
HobNobbies said:

Yes I found that out the hard way as my brief career as K00L_Ray. I also found that you can send tips while ignored. The token disappear from your account, it appears that tip is sent, but I don't believe the model sees the tip note. I'd be interested to see if the model gets a notification that she got a tip.
We get no tip notification, the tokens just magically show up in our total, and if we check our stats, we can see the tip but not the note in there.

AmberCutie said:
JerryBoBerry said:

Wow, as someone posted above, this is actually worse than being banned as being iggied effectively mean you're now dead to the model

AmberCutie said:
We get no tip notification, the tokens just magically show up in our total, and if we check our stats, we can see the tip but not the note in there.

Do you have an area on your screen where you can see a list of members you have iggied, just in case you've iggied someone by accident and you want to undo it?

HobNobbies said:
AmberCutie said:
JerryBoBerry said:

Wow, as someone posted above, this is actually worse than being banned as being iggied effectively mean you're now dead to the model

AmberCutie said:

Do you have an area on your screen where you can see a list of members you have iggied, just in case you've iggied someone by accident and you want to undo it?
Not on our screen, but in our options window we can access our iggy list.

HobNobbies said:

When I was ignored, there was no notification or anything. I just could no longer post anything in her room.

HiGirlsRHot said:
AmberCutie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
HobNobbies said:

This is true. I tipped the model while ignored and my token count dropped. When i was then unignored, I asked the model if she saw the tip and she said no.

HiGirlsRHot said:
AmberCutie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
HobNobbies said:

I didn't see this at the time but the one time I impersonated Kool_Ray I didn't have a good time either lol

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.