AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC makes game changing change!!!!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun__

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jul 16, 2011
How did I ever live without this!? I must say having the avatars so handy is shakeup that has been needed for some time.

f3TujIQ.jpg

AV7plyH.jpg

Shaun__ said:
How did I ever live without this!? I must say having the avatars so handy is shakeup that has been needed for some time.

f3TujIQ.jpg

AV7plyH.jpg

I must say was quite happy to see avatars in my friends list this morning. Game-changing? No. But an improvement. :)

I must say that I'm much happier that emotes are fixed today. (Last night a ton of them were broken.) But the friends list thing is cool, too. :)

I don't see how you can call it game changing since they're such tiny little images next to the names in the friend list. They just replaced the little different colored cartoon people that used to show up there.

It's cool to sort the homepage to put the top Miss MFC girls at the top. That has more of an impact on my browsing than the avatars.

AmberCutie said:
I don't see how you can call it game changing since they're such tiny little images next to the names in the friend list. They just replaced the little different colored cartoon people that used to show up there.

It's cool to sort the homepage to put the top Miss MFC girls at the top. That has more of an impact on my browsing than the avatars.
I think he may have been a tad sarcastic about 'game-changing' aspect.

Reactions: TacoBelle
Jupiter551 said:
AmberCutie said:

I guess I could just have been dense, but I searched for even the tiniest bit of sarcasm in his post and didn't find an ounce.

So I am either bad at reading jokes or he is bad at sarcasm. Probably both.

Reactions: Eva_ChangeN
AmberCutie said:
Jupiter551 said:
AmberCutie said:

I guess I could just have been dense, but I searched for even the tiniest bit of sarcasm in his post and didn't find an ounce.

So I am either bad at reading jokes or he is bad at sarcasm. Probably both.

"How did I ever live without this!?", sounds sarcastic to me.. But with Shaun_ I could be wrong.

Jupiter551 said:
AmberCutie said:

I am shocked you think I would joke about such an important innovation. How can you look at this
oxunXPq.jpg
and tell me that you do not want to visit the model?

Rn4b0oJ.jpg

Shaun__ said:
Jupiter551 said:
AmberCutie said:

I am shocked you think I would joke about such an important innovation. How can you look at this
oxunXPq.jpg
and tell me that you do not want to visit the model?

Rn4b0oJ.jpg
This post has much better sarcasm. :lol: :clap:

Well here is a big change: if a model blocks a member nowadays on MFC, the member can still see her and message her in the PM window. Only that he cannot visit the room anymore. I heard this yesterday and asked a model I know to test it on me and it's true.

It kind of defeats the purpose, right?

starsign said:
Well here is a big change: if a model blocks a member nowadays on MFC, the member can still see her and message her in the PM window. Only that he cannot visit the room anymore. I heard this yesterday and asked a model I know to test it on me and it's true.

It kind of defeats the purpose, right?

Yeah, that one's been going on for a while. My members have a running joke about it, where they'll occasionally tip me to ban them, so they'll actually go to work, then I'll show my room how they PMed me a thank you afterwards. :p

Sorry, I should have been more specific, the new feature is that you can still see the models video feed. Members have always been able to PM the model after a ban (if PM was enabled in the first place). ;)

starsign said:
Sorry, I should have been more specific, the new feature is that you can still see the models video feed. Members have always been able to PM the model after a ban (if PM was enabled in the first place). ;)

Derp I reread what you wrote...didn't see the watch from PM part, and just read it as could still PM. Yeah, that's a weird one too though.

starsign said:
Maybe she/you are confusing the "ignore" and the "ban" feature, or experiencing a glitch.

Ignore will still let the member watch the video and the chat in whatever window they please, but they cannot speak to the model or in her room. It basically makes them disappear from our MFC life, but they can still watch and hang out in the room. Silently.

Ban will boot them out of the room (cutting off their video feed), but they can still PM, MFC mail, and comment on our profile walls. They will get either a blank window or an error when trying to view in lounge/member room.

I believe there is sometimes a glitch that lets banned members still view the video in PM if they had the window open before the ban. But that is not a feature, just a glitch that would only last until the model reloads her broadcaster or the member closes the PM window.

If you get banned you can still watch the model but you can't chat. As soon as you leave her room you won't be able to go back in. It has been like that for at least three years that I know of. Maybe I need to rephrase that. It was like that the last time I was banned about 3 years ago.

ga5457 said:
If you get banned you can still watch the model but you can't chat. As soon as you leave her room you won't be able to go back in. It has been like that for at least three years that I know of. Maybe I need to rephrase that. It was like that the last time I was banned about 3 years ago.
Correct. I had the same instance less than 60 days ago. Went into models room (one from here on the forum as it turns out) under one of my other account names a week or so ago and found out I was banned. I had not really been in her room at all and had not really even talked with her all that much. So I was rather surprised to find this had happened.

I went back through the archives to find out what happened. Fifty three days prior I had been in her room for the second time ever, I had said Hi, once. Tipped her 10 tokens, once. And then made a joke with another member, once. I think the other member got mad or something and PM'd her so she banned me at that point. But the thing is, if I remember right, it got boring after that and a little while later I just left on my own accord not to return for all that time The archives continue on for another 7 minutes after the last time I typed in the room.

I never even knew I had been banned. If I hadn't tried going back in when I had the 60 day might have passed and I would have never known. :lol:

ga5457 said:
If that's actually the case now, I have zero reason to ever ban anyone. I only do it now from time to time to make an immediate impact and let them know they fucked up. If it doesn't do anything immediately, it's sorta pointless to me.

AmberCutie said:
ga5457 said:
If that's actually the case now, I have zero reason to ever ban anyone. I only do it now from time to time to make an immediate impact and let them know they fucked up. If it doesn't do anything immediately, it's sorta pointless to me.
I know when girls block models they just can't see the chat room now, but can still watch the feed (I think they can see the room list too) i'm curious if it's the same when members get banned.

SexyStephXS said:
I know when girls block models they just can't see the chat room now, but can still watch the feed (I think they can see the room list too) i'm curious if it's the same when members get banned.
Are you getting on cam soon? We can run a definitive test. Just don't forget to unban me. :mrgreen:

Okay, definitive test performed in SexySteph's room just now. Signed on with two accounts and had steph ban one of them. After banning I could no longer see new chat or any changes to the list of people in the room. The list did not go away however, so i could still see the ones that were in the room at the time of banning. I also could still see and hear the video perfectly fine. It was only after i left the room and then tried to reenter did I get the BANNED message and could not see her.

My other account was unaffected by the way. So a banning is in no way IP address based. It is only account based.

Then of course steph informs me she didn't remember how to unban someone. :shock: :crybaby:

JerryBoBerry said:
My other account was unaffected by the way. So a banning is in no way IP address based. It is only account based.

Then of course steph informs me she didn't remember how to unban someone. :shock: :crybaby:

The couple times I was banned I couldn't go into the models room using any other user name or as a guest. I'm not sure why your IP address wasn't banned but it should have been.

ga5457 said:
JerryBoBerry said:

The couple times I was banned I couldn't go into the models room using any other user name or as a guest. I'm not sure why your IP address wasn't banned but it should have been.
I was using a different browser and I was in there at the time. Maybe had something to do with it. But the other account was unaffected. I could see all chat and hear her just fine on it. :think:

Reactions: DudeExtreme
JerryBoBerry said:
ga5457 said:
JerryBoBerry said:

I was using a different browser and I was in there at the time. Maybe had something to do with it. But the other account was unaffected. I could see all chat and hear her just fine on it. :think:
It was the different browser. If you had closed that window and tried to get back on, you would probably not be able to get into her chat room. I've had a model test it on me before with a basic account. As long as I had both different browsers opened, I was fine with the unban account until I closed the window or logged out of it. It's IP address specific. At least I was banned by the best. :)

Reactions: AmberCutie
AmberCutie said:
starsign said:
Maybe she/you are confusing the "ignore" and the "ban" feature, or experiencing a glitch.

Ignore will still let the member watch the video and the chat in whatever window they please, but they cannot speak to the model or in her room. It basically makes them disappear from our MFC life, but they can still watch and hang out in the room. Silently.

Ban will boot them out of the room (cutting off their video feed), but they can still PM, MFC mail, and comment on our profile walls. They will get either a blank window or an error when trying to view in lounge/member room.

I believe there is sometimes a glitch that lets banned members still view the video in PM if they had the window open before the ban. But that is not a feature, just a glitch that would only last until the model reloads her broadcaster or the member closes the PM window.

Members when they try to view her feed, if banned, get a giant message saying YOU ARE BANNED! IT sometimes even pops up when MFC crashes, even when you are not banned.

AmberCutie said:
ga5457 said:

You are both right. I was only able to see the video feed until I closed the PM window. When I reopened later it clearly stated 'banned'. (I was still able to PM the model though to unban me). And same thing of course if the model reloads her broadcaster.

But I still think it defeats the purpose, if someone trolling the model can still SEE the video feed unless the model takes the time to reload her feed, which will affect the room flow.

starsign said:
But I still think it defeats the purpose, if someone trolling the model can still SEE the video feed unless the model takes the time to reload her feed, which will affect the room flow.

The purpose is to get the troll out of her chat, which the ban accomplishes. Whether or not the troll can view her video feed is a secondary consideration. Some members will use VPNs and multiple accounts to continue to harass a model, but bans take care of most nuisance members, many of whom are very attached to their primary online identities.

Also, if the person being banned is watching in a PM window, that is also unaffected until they refresh that window or logout and try and get back in, or until the model refreshes. It's been that way for a long time.

Reactions: SNATCH
Hahahaha this post.... Exactly my feelings as I first noticed it ...

They decide to spend their time on making this minor irrelevant feature instead of perfecting their software that the models connect up to? Time and time again, I start to enjoy a group / private then suddenly get disconnected. Go on Skype instead, and no problems at all.

MegansDude said:
It's IP address specific. At least I was banned by the best. :)

Well, I kind of don't get it when developers keep doing the IP bans... this works for fixed IPs, yep, but for many of us having dynamic IPs, or half dynamic, is just a matter of restarting the router to get a new IP... Of course depends on your internet provider. But a lot don't work with fixed IPs.
And in some cases, the users will already have (not on purpose, is just how their connection works) a different IP when they connect again.

Even less effective is when they base it all in cookies. Nothing easier than deleting them (when is data stored from older sessions in these cookies)
IMHO the account based stuff is more effective. Like in gaming comunities, they will not want to use new accounts... As they loose their platinum benefits, etc.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Finebrush said:
MegansDude said:
It's IP address specific. At least I was banned by the best. :)

Well, I kind of don't get it when developers keep doing the IP bans... this works for fixed IPs, yep, but for many of us having dynamic IPs, or half dynamic, is just a matter of restarting the router to get a new IP... Of course depends on your internet provider. But a lot don't work with fixed IPs.
And in some cases, the users will already have (not on purpose, is just how their connection works) a different IP when they connect again.

Even less effective is when they base it all in cookies. Nothing easier than deleting them (when is data stored from older sessions in these cookies)
IMHO the account based stuff is more effective. Like in gaming comunities, they will not want to use new accounts... As they loose their platinum benefits, etc.

Not only this, but if multiple people are using the same ip address (as I and my partner do), one can get banned for both of them (as he has gotten us banned from places, and I had to contact admin to get admitted again x.x).

Reactions: Finebrush
Status
Not open for further replies.