AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC member scam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2011
I originally posted this under "Reality Check", but decided I didn't want this post buried at the end of an old thread... An issue that's recently popped up on MFC that I think should make it out there for general knowledge is a premium member named AgeOfTim has been putting himself out there as being in possession of software that is able to identify members that are recording models, and was using chipin's to collect money on a monthly basis to "monitor" the rooms of the models being recorded.

Being in the IT industry for 20 years, and specifically working in IT security for 4 1/2... I am an expert on the requirements for computers to communicate.... And I can say with 100% certainty this program does not exist.

For an application to do what he has stated... it would have to compromise MFC's servers, connect with the MFC database to correlate what users are in a models room, and what the members IP addresses are... Then it would have to scan the IP's of 100's, and potentially 1,000's of users... Then compromise the member's computer, and scan any applications running on those computers and identify and recognize any screen capture application running

For this process to work, it would have to beat multiple security mechanisms in place like Firewalls, Web Application Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Sensors/Intrusion Protection Sensors, SIEM log management servers... And then perform SQL injection attacks... And this is simply to gain access to the MFC servers... Any application that might be able to penetrate MFC that badly, would give the the person running it access to credit card numbers, personal info of both models and members, etc

We did confront each other on the topic... And I challenged him to explain to me how this works... The only thing he was able to say was this application was written by a private software company for the government (Somehow he tried to link being in the Army as a reason why he would have access & knowledge of how this application would work)... While I have no doubt's the government is doing some shady shit with computers... Being in the IT security industry I can not think of any reason why it would want an application that would identified anonymous screen capture applications on remote computers.... But he seems to want people to think he's sprinkling magic pixie dust on his computer and it works.

Now the issue in my opinion, is the fact that he has been collecting money for his "services"... particularly from members in the form of chipin collections on his profile. The vast majority of members lack the technical knowledge to understand this is a scam... And some have been willing to "donate" money to this guy based on what models ask them to do. Now as word of what he was doing spread, MFC (assuming Leo) found this out and forced him to remove the chipin donations from his profile.

The point of this post is to try and insure that he's not pushing this scam out to models that might be paranoid enough about being recorded, they pay him themselves. I recently shared e-mails with one of the models he was collecting chipin donations for to "monitor" her room... From what she said... He made understanding how he does this very complicated and confusing... And said she eventually went to Leo to ask if it was possible... If he does approach a model about this... And you're skeptical about what I am saying... I would suggest contacting one of the admins on MFC as I feel confident they will back up what I am saying. If you're uncomfortable with doing this, then insist he turn his cam on to show you the software work (Which I'm certain he won't do)

I heard him talking about this! It's the silliest thing I have ever heard of. I am so not tech savvy, but I knew this was a ridiculous idea! WHY did no one else speak up in these girl's rooms and tell them how silly this is!

He took the chipins off his page apparently:
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/ageoftim

Even the comments are horrible:

Posted by Voodoomoose: October 07, 2011
HEy Roger. Tim works to HELP models you fucking window licker. youre prolly the asshoe who records shit illegally. whats the matter you swollen camel clit? dont like it when someone cock blocks you? Youre the load your mom should have swallowed fuckwad. I hope you get AIDS. I hope your wife's womb is barren to prevent other little cunt swabs like you from poisoning the human race with your bullshit. swallow a bullet dickhole.

Posted by AgeOfTim: October 07, 2011
Higher up models have asked.... Or i wouldn't be doing it... and them 9 models are core top models. I don't do work for any ol model that ask! These models I've been friends with for awhile. So stfu and gtfo my profile.

WHY did no one else speak up in these girl's rooms and tell them how silly this is!

I was told about this by someone that was in a models room while he was talking about it. From what he told me, someone attempted to ask specific technical questions about how this program worked, but was either brushed off or giving an attitude. The model he was talking to let her fear of being recorded take over, and she listened to AgeOfTim as he was telling her what she wanted to hear.

When I first heard about this, I went into one of the models rooms on his profile and tried to talk to her about it. She was extremely resistant to listen to what I said, even after telling her I have worked in the IT Security industry, and threatened to ban me if I insisted on saying it was a scam.

I would suggest the models talk to their model friends to make sure he hasn't hit them up and they're falling for this scam.

I make animated gifs for models sometimes if they want them and my software just records what is on my screen it is all local. So that would never show up. I do not see why anyone would believe this guy. Surely all models have at lest one technically minded person in her room she trusts to explain this if she does not understand it herself.

Which models were promoting it? Btw, as this is fraud and chipin is owned by paypal, if any members or models contributed to this talk to paypal so they can nail his greedy ass to the wall.

His profile is hidden or banned.

Reactions: RoseCavilla
Which models were promoting it?

At this point, since the chipin's donations for the models are gone, I would not want to embarrass them. As I consider the women who fell for this as much of a victim as the people who donated money to him.

And the point might be mute... As it seems his account MIGHT be deleted. When I heard about him, I put him on my friends list to keep an eye on him. I saw him online earlier, but after someone pointed his profile was gone I took a closer look and he's no longer in my manage friends list and I didn't delete him.

I can see his profile as well. I remember Ginny, Skye, NikiSkyler, and Purplestar all talking about him and his chip ins. As it has been said before, they are all off his page.

Posted by AgeOfTim: October 07, 2011
Higher up models have asked.... Or i wouldn't be doing it... and them 9 models are core top models. I don't do work for any ol model that ask! These models I've been friends with for awhile. So stfu and gtfo my profile.

Posted by AgeOfTim: October 04, 2011
Well it seems some douchebag prems complained enough that i can't 'advertise' my non profit program on my profile. The war against recorders/douchebags will never be over.

Jupiter551 said:
no offense to anyone who fell for this but you'd have to be dumb as a box of hammers to fall for this.

Not necessarily. You probably work with computers a lot so you can deduce that he's full of BS. But for people who aren't into the guts of computers it's not so obvious. All the stuff the OP put in the first post about IPs, firewalls, etc will go over the heads of most people. Think about a Colombian girl who has little experience with computers. Someone tells her something like this and she doesn't know enough about computers to realize it's not possible. Heck, most people who use computers daily won't understand it either. I still get calls from my in-laws wondering how they have so many extra toolbars in their browser. It's cause they keep clicking those damn popups to install them!

NickT said:
Jupiter551 said:
no offense to anyone who fell for this but you'd have to be dumb as a box of hammers to fall for this.

Not necessarily. You probably work with computers a lot so you can deduce that he's full of BS. But for people who aren't into the guts of computers it's not so obvious. All the stuff the OP put in the first post about IPs, firewalls, etc will go over the heads of most people. Think about a Colombian girl who has little experience with computers. Someone tells her something like this and she doesn't know enough about computers to realize it's not possible. Heck, most people who use computers daily won't understand it either. I still get calls from my in-laws wondering how they have so many extra toolbars in their browser. It's cause they keep clicking those damn popups to install them!
Yeah I agree. There are lots of models who really aren't tech savvy at all. Even computer-dumb, completely. Combine that with the hysteria of "omfg ppl r putting my vids up on tube sites it's da end of da wurld!!1!" and you've got a market to dupe into silly schemes like this.

Iam sorry but I would not fall for this at all.1 If he told me it was non profit then told me about a chip-in,red flags with red neon lights! Plus how the hell could he know who was recording or not I would believe that only the admins would have that power. But to the girls that fell for this I am so sorry you believed this guy and trusted him we all make mistakes. Hope no one falls for this guy again thank you for your post.

Such an obvious scam, especially to MFC itself. Why wouldn't this be an obvious ban from the site; and possibly a police report? If he really is in the army, he should be reported to his CO too.

Reactions: sxycherrypie
I love military men and people who serve, but I dont like it when people use "I am in the army/navy/air force/marines" as an excuse to be just dumb.. I had one guy in my streamate room the other day say "I am a marine I dont have to read"...

I mean the military probably has such technology that this guy is describing, but I doubt they would let some random joe schmo in the army get a hold of it to save girls getting nakkie on the internet.

Nordling said:
Such an obvious scam, especially to MFC itself. Why wouldn't this be an obvious ban from the site; and possibly a police report? If he really is in the army, he should be reported to his CO too.

If you look at his profile friends list... he even added AdminLeo in there...

WickedTouch said:
Nordling said:

Should it matter if he has Admin Leo on his friendslist?

sxycherrypie said:
WickedTouch said:
Nordling said:

Should it matter if he has Admin Leo on his friendslist?

Depends on whether its a ploy to appear to be more genuine than he is. Speaking as someone from the world of IT, his technical claims don't hold water... so I tend to suspect everything else too. But then I am naturally suspicious in my line of work anyway... :) :) :)

i agree with the other posters that the models who might have fallen for this are probably not very technically savvy... And I don't feel they should be held accountable for his actions... No one should take anything out on them.... As I stated earlier since the chipin donations were taken down... I never wanted to embarrass or "out" any of the models... Simply let the other models know it was a scam

Reactions: SophiaLocke
Cassidy Nicole said:
I love military men and people who serve, but I dont like it when people use "I am in the army/navy/air force/marines" as an excuse to be just dumb.. I had one guy in my streamate room the other day say "I am a marine I dont have to read"...

I mean the military probably has such technology that this guy is describing, but I doubt they would let some random joe schmo in the army get a hold of it to save girls getting nakkie on the internet.

That's assuming he's even in the military, I guess he developed this revolutionary piece of software during breaks between assaulting taliban strongholds. He wouldn't be the first to lie about that to get sympathy/attention on the internet either. In fact, that his avatar is a soldier aiming an assault rifle makes me assume he's probably lying - he's going out of his way to play the military card. Most guys I know/knew who have served don't go round bragging or making a point of it unless it comes up in conversation or they're asked.

In short, he's trying too hard.

I know some models probably aren't tech savvy - fine, but what almost ALL models are is uber-suspicious of members having ulterior motives and lying/scamming/attempting to cheat them.

That's what should have set off alarm bells even in those who don't know about computers.

Anyway, I saw him in Aspen's room just a few minutes ago, so I guess he's still around.

I have dated lots of military guys- air force, navy, marines.. my most serious relationship was with a marine, and he NEVER brought it up. It was just part of him and that was it. All his military friends were the same way, his best friend as 22 years in the army and it wasnt something he used to get girls or sympathy or whatever. Especially on adult sites and when I am on AdultFriendFinder, I always get the guys who are like "Hey wanna fuck a soldier?" or something along those lines thinking that it would change my opinion... it doesnt. Anywaysssssssssss.

/back on topic

I understand a lot of girls arent tech savy on MFC. I know I am not, but if some guy came into my room if I was still on there and tried stuff like this, I would immediately know he was a liar. Oh well, hopefully he doesnt try to scam more people.

Cassidy Nicole said:
when I am on AdultFriendFinder, I always get the guys who are like "Hey wanna fuck a soldier?" or something along those lines thinking that it would change my opinion... it doesnt.

LOL you're on AFF? Was that wise to post here?

Jupiter551 said:
Cassidy Nicole said:
when I am on AdultFriendFinder, I always get the guys who are like "Hey wanna fuck a soldier?" or something along those lines thinking that it would change my opinion... it doesnt.

LOL you're on AFF? Was that wise to post here?

thats where I got my start camming and have always been very open about it :) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.