AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2011
I often get PMs from random models when I log onto MFC. It seems that most of the messages are mostly from low cam score South American models. Where do they get my user name from to PM me? A lot of the times I am not in another model's room so they can't get my info from there. I'm just curious as to how they get my user name.

I've seen similar things with studio models. If you tip one, others from the studio start to DM. Maybe it's the studio. Maybe the models are sharing names.

Or maybe some one just camping popular rooms, writing down names to watchfor and DM later.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I often get PMs from random models when I log onto MFC. It seems that most of the messages are mostly from low cam score South American models. Where do they get my user name from to PM me? A lot of the times I am not in another model's room so they can't get my info from there. I'm just curious as to how they get my user name.
They've seen you tip in someone else's room before, added you to their friend list, now they see when you log in and immediately PM you to try to get you into their room to get your tokens.

Maybe some models have you name in profile or on whiteboard as a high tipper. They are trying to get your attention and maybe tokens this way, but I am sure its not working. My friends always tell me that random girls Pm them :grr: If it bother you - you need to allow only friends Pm you :)

This. Restrict it down to friends only in personal options/privacy.

I recently removed it on my account just to see if I would stil get hit with many PM's. I had one PM me within a minute of removing it and not logging out/in again. She asked if i remembered her, which I didn't. Guess I tipped her once two years ago... Wow...

• Funny!
Reactions: NotYou

This post has inspired an ongoing experiment.

Normally I have PMs restricted to my friends list. Over this past weekend, I changed it to allow anybody, to see what happens.

For several days, I was logged on only briefly. No mentions in topics, no PMs.

Tuesday, I was logged on for 3 1/2 hours. 8 minutes after logging on, I was listed in the topic of a room as one of the high tippers. This is not a particularly high ranked model - between #100 and #200, camscore around 5000. First page, but not first row. 14 minutes later (gotta love timestamps in chat archives), I got a PM from a model I had had no previous contact with. No more after that, in spite of still being high tip in the topic for the rest of the time. Also, my whole userid wasn't listed in the topic, just a shortened version of it.

I'm leaving the ID logged in for 9 or 10 hours today to see what happens.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
This post has inspired an ongoing experiment.

Normally I have PMs restricted to my friends list. Over this past weekend, I changed it to allow anybody, to see what happens.

For several days, I was logged on only briefly. No mentions in topics, no PMs.

Tuesday, I was logged on for 3 1/2 hours. 8 minutes after logging on, I was listed in the topic of a room as one of the high tippers. This is not a particularly high ranked model - between #100 and #200, camscore around 5000. First page, but not first row. 14 minutes later (gotta love timestamps in chat archives), I got a PM from a model I had had no previous contact with. No more after that, in spite of still being high tip in the topic for the rest of the time. Also, my whole userid wasn't listed in the topic, just a shortened version of it.

I'm leaving the ID logged in for 9 or 10 hours today to see what happens.

OK, after 12 hours logged in, the only PMs I got were while in a room. They didn't seem to have anything to do with tipping as all the other members were getting them as well, even the non-tipping ones. They all came from Eastern European models.

Of course, this is by no means an exhaustive study. It will be ongoing. :nailbiting: :)

OK, after 12 hours logged in, the only PMs I got were while in a room. They didn't seem to have anything to do with tipping as all the other members were getting them as well, even the non-tipping ones. They all came from Eastern European models.

Of course, this is by no means an exhaustive study. It will be ongoing. :nailbiting: :)

After nearly a month with PMs left open, the only PMs I got were also directed at others in the room. It didn't seem like tipping had anything to do with it.

Also, it wasn't like there were a lot of PMs. I counted 7 times I got them over 17 nights.

I am seldom online without being in one of my friends' rooms. I don't tip in public, so this clearly seems to be an effort to poach members from girls online. That's pretty low in my opinion. I generally go to their profile and rate them 1 star, Then I put them on hide and ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.