AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC User Interface/Browser Tech Question - Thanks

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2015
MFC Username
KOTJ74
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody had knowledge of this or if they knew a solution to it...

Whenever I use any of the major browsers on PC, periodically I get kicked back to the MFC homepage or a previous room I was in. It's quite annoying and happens randomly every 10-15 minutes most of the time. The really annoying thing is that if I'm afk, sometimes I'll get kicked back to a room I was just in, and probably look like a bozo idling in some model's room that I have no intention of being in at that time.

I've tried various things such a turning off caching and using "incognito" mode (Firefox). I've also set my browsers to warn me if a page wants to refresh or redirect before it attempts to do so, but it still happens.

I tried e-mailing MFC support, but they told me about model setting refresh rates, even though I explained to them that it wasn't relative to the timer of the model list refreshing. For the most part, the model listing refresh rate is fine, and it does it without this happening.

So I'm trying to figure out two possibilities, and if someone has a different idea, feel free to share as well. Anyway...

1. Understand what might be causing this so it can be fixed.
2. I was also wondering if anybody knows a "safe" user interface that can be used on MFC to view and interact with the site without having to use one of the major browsers.

And just to clarify, it's not a problem with the computer. I've tried it on several computers, and I'm having the same issue no matter which one I switch to. Also, I tried it on a new computer with fresh installs, and still getting the same thing, and it doesn't do this when I'm on other sites. Anyway, any help would be appreciated, and thanks for reading.

When you say kicked back to the MFC homepage, do you mean the main model listing page (i.e. the tiled page) -- where were you before? In a models room, in the lounge?
Kicked back into a previous models page... again - were you in another models room? Or on the main page? Or is this lounge and cycling through online friends?

Only things I can think of would be inadvertantly hitting back (backspace, mouse button) but that'd surely reload the entire site (not tried). Alternatively being banned from a models room (I think that puts you back to the homepage?); the latter would be trivial to exclude as you wouldn't be able to simply go back.

Never heard of the issue, nor experienced it. If it were to do with MFC code itself, it'd happen to all. Did flash plugin crash and cause a page refresh?

I use Firefox and Chrome, never had an issue. Running any addons or something?

I just get kicked back to a previous page. Could be the homepage or a model's room. This happens to me vice-versa and only on MFC.

It's not a ban or button issue. I may not even be at the computer when it happens, which is when I feel like a bozo, because I end up idling in a model's room that I have no intent in being in, and I can always go back to the room, so I'm sure it's not a ban issue. It could very well be a flash plugin crash. I will definitely look into that. Thanks for the idea.

I don't run any extra add-ons except the ones that are pretty standard for browsing sites with various media. It has been a very perplexing issue. I've been on MFC for years, and it just started happening maybe a month and a half ago.

It's one of those things that may be a wild goose chase, which is why I also thought about using some type of third party interface that the site could run on. However, depending on the interface, I could still have the problem.

Will definitely look at a possible plugin crash though. Thanks again for the great idea.

you could always just try opening the room in a popup window. That way when whatever is making you go back to the last page fires up there would be no page to go back to.

I only use MFC in chrome, because I had a bunch of script errors in Firefox. I think viewing the girls through the pop-up window is the best method.

Looking at MFC in the main window do you know if you have the auto cycle thing turned on? Which may be causing your rotation issue.

I use only Firefox on the desktop and have experience no problems on MFC ever. Currently using Firefox 42.0 with Adobe Flash Player Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0 version 19.0.0.245, the latest according to https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

Perhaps the issue is in some way related to flash or audio, because on the iPad, with Safari, if the cam goes off, due to model reloading or wifi connection dropping locally, then the stream goes off. Then, if left off, don't click play to restart after 10-15 minutes the sound restarts on it's own. That 10-15 minute cycle, somewhat fits with the timing reported above.

I suggest on MFC clicking 'mute' and 'video: hide' and see if the problem persists.
Install latest flash.
If not, then because from other posts, you seem to be a developer perhaps an addon of some sort. There is 'Refresh Firefox' https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings that will disable all add-on, but then you'll have to re-enable any required add-ons.

I think I have it figured out. It took a bit of time, but here's what I came up with.

It was a plugin issue with flash.

In Firefox, flash, for whatever unknown reason, was choosing not to activate on the MFC site. I had it set to ask me, but apparently it wasn't asking me, so I assumed it was running. So all I needed to do was go to the menu/addons/plugins then switch from "ask to activate" to "always activate."

Chrome is a different beast altogether.

Starting at build 42 through 44, Chrome stopped allowing NPAPI (Netscape Plugin Appication Programming Interface) as a default, which is what Flash needs to run properly.

So if someone has any of these builds, they can go into the developers settings and then force NPAPI to stay on.

Now if you have build 45 through the current build, which is 47, this option isn't available in the developers tools. However, what you "CAN DO", is install an extension to Chrome that forces it to use another browser's rendering engine.

Best thing seems to be just to use Firefox.

Majority of folks I know use Chrome with little to no issues.

Starting at build 42 through 44, Chrome stopped allowing NPAPI (Netscape Plugin Appication Programming Interface) as a default, which is what Flash needs to run properly.

most people would be using the flash version built in to chrome rather than the plugin/installed flash

Reactions: WickedTouch
Not always. There was a time I had to force Chrome to use vanilla Flash because the Chrome version didn't play nice with some websites.

It's still an Adobe licensed product, because "Flash" is a trademark reserved for software that falls within their parameters and it has to be licensed under them even if it's third party software. So, I don't actually understand the point that you're trying to make here. Also, you can add plug-ins to any browser, even ones you have made yourself.

Not always. There was a time I had to force Chrome to use vanilla Flash because the Chrome version didn't play nice with some websites.
Yeah there have been instances that pepperflash gets its panties in a twist. :D (A long period of time that us MFC girls had to disable it in order to use the browser based broadcaster.)

Status
Not open for further replies.