AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Microsoft Bans Nudity - No More Skype

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if your phone/mobile provider came up with a rule that any dirty talking, phone sex or other use of inappropriate language (no more using the F-word over the phone) will get you banned from their network. (Sure, Skype allows video and phones are only audio, but that's the only real difference.... I really don't get this anti-sex work crusade. Why does it bother people so much what others do?)

I get almost all my shows on Skype, but luckily most of them are non-nude so even if there was a way to widely enforce this nonsense, it probably wouldn't apply to those unless someone at Skype considers the idea of a girl wearing a mini skirt too racy. I wonder what's going to happen to sites like SkyPrivate, though.

Hi there. I'm Steven from Skyprivate and I'll get in this topics because I have some information I want to share with you. Of all the details we have up to now and the various analyzes we have done, there is no real reason to worry. In fact, what Microsoft done now is just an update of their terms and conditions. The mention of adult content has long been there. Also, regarding SkyPrivate (I don't know about others), we are not an US based company so the regulations do not have the same applicability. The conclusion is that every model that is interested in using Skyprivate is completely safe.
We also have a blog posting all the hot insights on this topic. If anyone is interested, you can read here. http://blog.skyprivate.com/skype-banning-accounts-sesta-protect-account-skyprivate/

This triggered me a little bit. Like this sounds really sus. Is there a particular reason why they’re doing this? Is this because sex workers are profiting from their free(-ish) platform or something? I would kind of understand if it had something to do with disabling predators.
Honestly, I suspect that they did it to target a totally different group. I'm guessing they added the new "offensive language" rule so that they can say they gave fair warning for banning people for hate speech. That way, when someone gets banned after harassing other Xbox users, and wants to complain about "but mah free speech," Microsoft can point at the TOS and argue that calling someone a "n-word cunt" is clearly prohibited.

Honestly, I suspect that they did it to target a totally different group. I'm guessing they added the new "offensive language" rule so that they can say they gave fair warning for banning people for hate speech. That way, when someone gets banned after harassing other Xbox users, and wants to complain about "but mah free speech," Microsoft can point at the TOS and argue that calling someone a "n-word cunt" is clearly prohibited.

This might be an interpretation @Ms_Gingersnatch. It's hard to really understand what Microsoft wanted to do with this. The best news is that we are already on May 10 and we personally, at SkyPrivate, had no problem with that. Let's see what our future holds :)

Update..? So far, so good... I have skyped naked, talked dirty, orgasmed and I still have a skype account. Obviously, maybe they just didn't notice? All I can say is, so far, so good.

I did a nude Skype show 2 days ago. Nothing happened. It has always been against TOS but now people are starting to freak about it I guess.

Fwiw, Xbox live is as vulgar as ever. As it should be.

• Helpful!
Reactions: emahlee
The minute anyones Skype account gets shut for nudity, is the day microsoft will get hit by a massive lawsuit.
I don't think there is anything to worry about.

So far I'm still using skype for a few customers but most have moved over to discord by now. At this point I really don't think there will be a major cammodel purge on skype.

I remember reading somewhere that the biggest and most noticeable change going forward is now it'll be easier for users to submit reports from microsoft services. This really could have more to do with xbox than anything else. I'll try to post back when I find the opinion pieces I previously read.

Just a quick PSA

I'm migrating ALL of my Skype clients to Discord, and you should too.

Their new TOS is ok with 18+ content AS LONG AS THE CHANNELS ARE LABELED AS SUCH! Video calls won't be monitored AFAIK.

Also, a few friends and I from StripperWeb are starting a community, like a hub or exchange for camgirls and clients to drive up traffic and clientele.

Please feel free to join and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask on the Discord Server.

discord.gg/ns4q9te

Yes, please join $exBook!

Update..? So far, so good... I have skyped naked, talked dirty, orgasmed and I still have a skype account. Obviously, maybe they just didn't notice? All I can say is, so far, so good.

Hello @emahlee! I would say the same thing - so far, so good. In fact, as I previously said in other posts, we at SkyPrivate did not expect any major changes behind these regulations. Things seem to be right so far, what I can tell you even more is that we did not receive any complaints from our models on this subject. Having these said and taking into account that we use Skype as the technical tool for our plugin, this input should be relevant to everyone interested in it.

In other words, I wish you all a great and exciting week :)

I did a nude Skype show 2 days ago. Nothing happened. It has always been against TOS but now people are starting to freak about it I guess.

@a_haze420 people should now freak about this. And if we will share here our feedback and experience related to this topic, maybe people will understand that there are no real reasons for concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.