AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Mirror my webcam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StormiAnderson

Cam Model
Jan 12, 2020
Canada
MFC Username
Sassy_Stormi
Hi :)

I would like to flip my webcam so that when I move left I go left on my screen. It gets confusing when I want to fix my hair or move a certain way. I have a MacBook and I’ve tried downloading OBS and using QuickTime but I’m not having any luck. Can someone help with this?

thank you so much in advance.

Hi :)

I would like to flip my webcam so that when I move left I go left on my screen. It gets confusing when I want to fix my hair or move a certain way. I have a MacBook and I’ve tried downloading OBS and using QuickTime but I’m not having any luck. Can someone help with this?

thank you so much in advance.
In OBS right click the camera feed > transform > flip horizontal

this works yes, but don't ^^
It's not a mirror. That is to use by your viewers.

First of all : Your face would be reverted.
This has a huge impact of impression given to others and mainly would show you being less friendly.
ie, when you smile, you rather use your right side, and people are really used to decode this that way.
Reverted, it does just not look sincere, if not frankly mean.

It can be also confusing for many little things for users (every thing written, ...)

this works yes, but don't ^^
It's not a mirror. That is to use by your viewers.

Oh thats a fight you are not going to win lol. In additional to the reason the OP stated some people can't stand looking at themselves without the image being horizontally flipped because they notice their facial asymmetry.

I see no problem with flipping it as long as you don't expect the users to read text.

Oh thats a fight you are not going to win lol. In additional to the reason the OP stated some people can't stand looking at themselves without the image being horizontally flipped because they notice their facial asymmetry.

I see no problem with flipping it as long as you don't expect the users to read text.

This is exactly why I want to do it. I feel like I have stank face without it. My smile is weird. Everything is weird.

Most of the models I have seen, the video is backwards already. So, not a big deal..

Thank you very much. Do I need to save, or leave OBS open for MFC to pick up on the flip?
They were assuming you'd be using OBS to broadcast with on MFC. Yes you need to leave OBS open.

If you're using a different camera program to stream (manycam, xsplit, etc.) you'll need to find the option in that program to flip the camera.

They were assuming you'd be using OBS to broadcast with on MFC. Yes you need to leave OBS open.

If you're using a different camera program to stream (manycam, xsplit, etc.) you'll need to find the option in that program to flip the camera.

Oh, no I haven’t learned how to do that yet. I’m just streaming directly from the website! Will that still work? Is there any other way to quickly flip it if I’m just streaming from the website?

Oh, no I haven’t learned how to do that yet. I’m just streaming directly from the website! Will that still work? Is there any other way to quickly flip it if I’m just streaming from the website?
You're running some sort of software for your cam to be picked up by the site. Once you figure out what that is (maybe Logitech?) just google "how to mirror camera on *insert software here*" and you should find something.

Most of the models I have seen, the video is backwards already. So, not a big deal..

Same here.
I mostly use CB but I have a TamperMonkey script for the profile page, it has video controls, one option is to "mirror video", so it sorts the problem. It's only really noticeable when the model has writing somewhere, for example the model I do it with mostly has a cushion she sits next to saying "love" on it, which of course is "evol" on my screen, so I mirror her, to get the correct look. Now I can see what she looks like properly from also seeing photos of her etc

Even though I notied it on most models cams, it never bothered me enough to worry about it. Too much work, IMO, Brett. :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.