AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Miss mfc yearly competition

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the primary supporters of a proposed competition are the models and fans of models who know for certain they will be in the top ranks, it is not a good idea IMO.

Of course certain people will love it! They know for fact that their model will win. Who doesn't support a sure thing?

I love the idea of a daily competition!

Mega Months are intense and very hard to do if you're not working camming full time, or able to maintain a consistent fanbase. This would give girls this kind of opportunity :) It'd mean a model could have a *really* good day and get publicity as a result.

It honestly would not even need to be a bonus - imagine if that banner at the top was the previous days (or weeks) winners. Or if The first camgirl that pops up before default camscore sorting was the previous day's winner. I'd be super motivated to try to achieve that!

HiGirlsRHot said:
Myriads, I don't think your proposal is bad, although I am not sure it is much different than rate and admire, other than excluding basics. I just feel strongly that so much attention is directed to top models that other 99% needs some love (and tips).

I was hoping that my idea might have left room for non-toppers to have some ability to play, but overall the responses that I've seen pretty much convince me that a yearly competition wouldn't be a real benefit for the majority of site members, and just gravy for the top end. So It's not worth it.

The daily idea is a strong one though. I can see potential there for it to be a motivator.

I also still feel that there should be some sort of reward for a model that prompts a conversion from basic to premium. Not sure if a small cash bonus per conversion, or some sort of special logo on the thumbnails like the top 3 crowns would be good. But it's a skill set that I see as worth having some spotlight. It's basically making new customers for MFC, and it's a significant psychological wall to push a customers motivation past.

Myriads

Myriads: i agree about the basic conversion. Maybe some cool bonus if you convert 100 basics? $$ or a banner? Or just one winner "converted the most basics this month/made most new friends"? i like that. i just worry that some ppl would just make 1284120349108 accounts to help their fav model win. Maybe they can make sure you don't use your card again? one would have to work on the logistics of that.

All: mfc yearly top model? I personally don't like it because i do think that the last couple moths of the year would not be as lucrative for models who are not in the running for that, as others have stated before.

I think that the top earner for the day is a splendid idea. Maybe that girl could get the right to be in top row the following day for 3-5 hours or something? That is priceless for girls who are below the top five rows. To be up there would be amazing and even just a couple hours (running out at midnight, only lasting from when you sign on with a lil banner just like when you are a new model, saying "TOP DAY" or something) Huge promotion, doesnt necessarily cost mfc anything (other than labour of the tech doing the changes), rewards model, creates a contest that technically anyone could win. ?!?!?!?! would top models win it the majority of the time? Probably. But it feels much more possible for a lower score model to achieve :twocents-02cents:

TicTacToe said:
JoleneBrody said:
[...]
If a model is unable to finish a month in the top 100 once in an entire year their is absolutely zero chance they will get top 100 in the yearly. Like not even the tiniest little itty bit of chance, sorry.

This is a bold statement. Nobody knows because there is no data. We are all speculating here. This is what I know: to land top 200 you need 8k. For top 150 you need 10k. To land top 100 you need 12k. The difference is slim. A model who works consistently all year could very well land yearly top 100 even when she doesn't rank in the 100s monthly.
Here is some data. It doesn't prove anything either way, but I thought it was interesting.

In the past 12 months, 193 different models have finished in the Top 100. Of these:
  • 101 models were ranked for at least 3 months
  • 45 models were ranked for at least 6 months
  • 14 models were ranked for all 12 months

(Again, numbers might be a bit off because of lack of official #21-100 listings. Or because I messed up somewhere.)

bsurs said:
TicTacToe said:
JoleneBrody said:
[...]
If a model is unable to finish a month in the top 100 once in an entire year their is absolutely zero chance they will get top 100 in the yearly. Like not even the tiniest little itty bit of chance, sorry.

This is a bold statement. Nobody knows because there is no data. We are all speculating here. This is what I know: to land top 200 you need 8k. For top 150 you need 10k. To land top 100 you need 12k. The difference is slim. A model who works consistently all year could very well land yearly top 100 even when she doesn't rank in the 100s monthly.
Here is some data. It doesn't prove anything either way, but I thought it was interesting.

In the past 12 months, 193 different models have finished in the Top 100. Of these:

(Again, numbers might be a bit off because of lack of official #21-100 listings. Or because I messed up somewhere.)

Interesting. So 193 out of like, THOUSANDS. I think it does prove something: very few models would benefit from this.

yossarian said:
bsurs said:
TicTacToe said:
JoleneBrody said:
[...]

Interesting. So 193 out of like, THOUSANDS. I think it does prove something: very few models would benefit from this.
Exactly, and any time the stakes are raised it becomes that much harder to accomplish as well. I was regularly in the top 100 when the list was released and it instantly became harder... a while later I was still regularly top 100 when the added a cash prize to the top 100 (was no prize at first) and I very quickly went from a top 100 model to a top 200 model who busts out a miracle on occasion.
If a yearly was added that 193 would get much smaller still...

It is possible to be a new model on MFC and make it to top 100 in a few months by working hard and smart. It is perhaps easier for old models who have a camscore higher than 1000 and who know the ropes.

If you call landing top 100 a "miracle" its because you are trying to do the old trick with the new master.

If the world changes around you, you are supposed to change with it. Innovate, try new things. Change your prizes, change your games, change your shows. Don't give up, have the right attitude, and if you are putting in the hours, it will happen. Just like it happens to new models.

What I see a lot on AFC is models complaining about their job non-stop. Every day is a bad day. Everything is "pulling teeth". And whenever someone offers a bright idea to motivate people into working harder, you filter it through the glasses of defeatism to confirm your own bias.

If you have been on MFC for x number of years and it isn't working out for you, it is not your fault, it is just an impossible thing to do. Cause the other option is too hard to consider: the idea that it might just work fine for other girls because they DO things to make it work. Which is, of course, the reality of the situation.

Figure these things out and it will work for you as well.

:twocents-02cents:

TicTacToe said:
It is possible to be a new model on MFC and make it to top 100 in a few months by working hard and smart. It is perhaps easier for old models who have a camscore higher than 1000 and who know the ropes.

If you call landing top 100 a "miracle" its because you are trying to do the old trick with the new master.

If the world changes around you, you are supposed to change with it. Innovate, try new things. Change your prizes, change your games, change your shows. Don't give up, have the right attitude, and if you are putting in the hours, it will happen. Just like it happens to new models.

What I see a lot on AFC is models complaining about their job non-stop. Every day is a bad day. Everything is "pulling teeth". And whenever someone offers a bright idea to motivate people into working harder, you filter it through the glasses of defeatism to confirm your own bias.

If you have been on MFC for x number of years and it isn't working out for you, it is not your fault, it is just an impossible thing to do. Cause the other option is too hard to consider: the idea that it might just work fine for other girls because they DO things to make it work. Which is, of course, the reality of the situation.

This seems a lot like the suggestion that those who make more (in life, not just MFC) money work harder.

There are over 6000 models on MFC in the past 12 months approximately 193 girls have been in the top 100. That's 3% of girls. So what you're saying the other 97% just isn't working hard enough, has the wrong attitude or isn't putting enough hours.

Or MAYBE that's just going to be how the site works. Perhaps some girls have all of the things that they need to be Top 100 but the right member hasn't seen them yet. MFC is 25% luck 75% hard work. And without the luck, no matter how much work you put in, you won't get into the Top 100.

I'm pretty sure Jolene used the word "miracle" to be humble and delightfully self deprecating about the rise in competition. Kinda doubt she was asking for pointers on how to increase her income ome. :roll:

Despite the weird derails, this thread has been interesting. I think a daily competition would be cool and more inclusive. Would be a great way for the girls who bust out something interesting from time to time but don't always do great a chance for more traffic!

bsurs said:
[...]

Ah crap. I *did* mess up. I missed a bunch of rankings from 06/2013 to 09/2013, so that 193 might be as much as ~270. (The 6- and 12-month numbers should be pretty close, though.) I'll see if I can get more accurate numbers.

Sorry, everyone.

TicTacToe said:
This is what I know: to land top 200 you need 8k. For top 150 you need 10k. To land top 100 you need 12k.
Sorry but what do the 8k, 10k and 12k signify here? Is it tokens and over what period?

JickyJuly said:
Despite the weird derails, this thread has been interesting. I think a daily competition would be cool and more inclusive. Would be a great way for the girls who bust out something interesting from time to time but don't always do great a chance for more traffic!

I am not sure if contest needs to be a daily, but I think Miss Lollippop's idea that the prize top spot on MFC is a fantastic idea, which I'm calling "Queen for the Day". As much as possible I'd love to see the competition not strictly about money, cause so often that would just be the day the top model got the 50K tip, or the one day date raffle.

Instead I love to see a series of competitions around the theme of "making MFC better". So some example are the recruiting premiums, recruiting models, most thanks on ACF, most innovative marketing idea (a few years ago this would have been Sophia's Cammansion), a most helpful model voted by models, most helpful voted by members (I personally would love to be able to use my reward points for something), most helpful software tool/app developed by a model, Best PR for camming (e.g. something to do with Camgirlz movie, or Aella's work on Reddit), biggest charity donation. In short, I think there are a lot of things models do that should be recognized and rewarded but don't involve collecting the most tokens.

I think the reward of being "Queen For a Day" would be pretty cool, as well as giving the girl tremendous exposure.

TokenGesture said:
TicTacToe said:
This is what I know: to land top 200 you need 8k. For top 150 you need 10k. To land top 100 you need 12k.
Sorry but what do the 8k, 10k and 12k signify here? Is it tokens and over what period?

American dollars, over one month, AKA one round of the Miss MFC competition. Multiply by 20 for the number of tokens.

TokenGesture said:
TicTacToe said:
Dollars after mfc takes their cut I'm assuming. Not sure if those numbers are accurate but it seems about right.

SexyStephXS said:
TicTacToe said:

This seems a lot like the suggestion that those who make more (in life, not just MFC) money work harder.

There are over 6000 models on MFC in the past 12 months approximately 193 girls have been in the top 100. That's 3% of girls. So what you're saying the other 97% just isn't working hard enough, has the wrong attitude or isn't putting enough hours.

Or MAYBE that's just going to be how the site works. Perhaps some girls have all of the things that they need to be Top 100 but the right member hasn't seen them yet. MFC is 25% luck 75% hard work. And without the luck, no matter how much work you put in, you won't get into the Top 100.

I wonder if luck isn't MORE a part of it. I know girls who bust their butts DAILY and have never made top 100. Other girls just join the site and luck into a couple of big spenders who really like them and give them ridiculous amounts of tokens. One of these girls, who has been on for maybe 8 months, is in the top 10 right now. She doesn't work any harder than anyone else--she just lucked into some members who found her at the right time, clicked with her, and had the money to spend. Good for her, but it doesn't mean the other 97% are lazy asses.

I'm always suspicious of people (like our new friend up there who knows everything about MFC) who think that all you need to succeed in life is hard work. Hard work will only get you so far--you need an extraordinary amount of luck, and anyone who tells you differently is either criminally naive or has been lucky enough in life to be able to overlook the role luck played in their success.

yossarian said:
SexyStephXS said:
TicTacToe said:

I wonder if luck isn't MORE a part of it. I know girls who bust their butts DAILY and have never made top 100. Other girls just join the site and luck into a couple of big spenders who really like them and give them ridiculous amounts of tokens. One of these girls, who has been on for maybe 8 months, is in the top 10 right now. She doesn't work any harder than anyone else--she just lucked into some members who found her at the right time, clicked with her, and had the money to spend. Good for her, but it doesn't mean the other 97% are lazy asses.

I'm always suspicious of people (like our new friend up there who knows everything about MFC) who think that all you need to succeed in life is hard work. Hard work will only get you so far--you need an extraordinary amount of luck, and anyone who tells you differently is either criminally naive or has been lucky enough in life to be able to overlook the role luck played in their success.

I was actually going to say it's 50/50 but didn't want to offend anyone for whom that doesn't feel like it's the case.

Honestly, I feel like if you don't get at least mildly lucky right off the bat, (a camscore that gives you a nice visibility) you might never get lucky. But maybe that actually is a case of the fear talking. lol

JickyJuly said:
I'm pretty sure Jolene used the word "miracle" to be humble and delightfully self deprecating about the rise in competition. Kinda doubt she was asking for pointers on how to increase her income ome. :roll:

Yeah...
I'm significantly more successful now than I was when I was in the top 100 on the usual... the stakes have just gone too high for me to want to play the game anymore, except on the rare occasion I'm willing to throw my off cam life out the window for 30 days straight and bust out a mega month. My point was not to complain about me not being in the top 100, I could be if I wanted to work for it more often (was #41 in Jan... my last big push) my point was that when the stakes are raised, so does the competition... that's the whole point. If it's only 193 now in the last 12 months and added yearly competition would just make that number drop even lower and leave even less room for a girl who never once even finished monthly top 100.
I'm the last model you should talk to about adjusting and working with site flows Tic... but good job missing the point while being insulting. :thumbleft:

TicTacToe said:

Also, excuse my bluntness kinda but maybe a tiny bit of 'fuck you' for insinuating that if a model can't pull top 100 that the site "just isn't working out" for her...

You are naive at best, rude as fuck at worst but most certainly COMPLETELY clueless.

Stop fucking taking everything that isn't all hearts and kissy faces as a damn complaint. I have nothing to complain about except people trying to force feed failure and stupid competitions into the mouths of the people actually affected most directly by it, the models... who appear to as a whole not be interested so leave it be.

Excuse the triple post but sorry to all for the brashness of the 'fuck you'... I got defensive of my hard working lady friends who are happy with their placements 101-and beyond. That was out of line.

TicTacToe the MFC ladies are so lucky you came here to explain what they need to be doing to be successful. :handgestures-salute: You are doing good work, keep it up in every aspect of your life good person. You should tell your local cops to stop crime, and your firefighters to put out fires next. If you do not then who will?

JoleneBrody said:
JickyJuly said:

Yeah...
I'm significantly more successful now than I was when I was in the top 100 on the usual... the stakes have just gone too high for me to want to play the game anymore, except on the rare occasion I'm willing to throw my off cam life out the window for 30 days straight and bust out a mega month. My point was not to complain about me not being in the top 100, I could be if I wanted to work for it more often (was #41 in Jan... my last big push) my point was that when the stakes are raised, so does the competition... that's the whole point. If it's only 193 now in the last 12 months and added yearly competition would just make that number drop even lower and leave even less room for a girl who never once even finished monthly top 100.
I'm the last model you should talk to about adjusting and working with site flows Tic... but good job missing the point while being insulting. :thumbleft:

Ok so let me get this straight...
a) you admit you don't work hard enough for top 100. This is the reason you don't land it.
b) You also admit that you are doing more money now than you ever did before when you were, in fact, top 100 consistently.
c) Yet you consider that raising the stake is something bad for models.

It is /precisely/ the competitive nature of MFC what makes it so much more profitable as a site than it was before. It is the same reason people tip big on MFC and they don't on Chaturbate. If you are making more money now (and everybody is, the curve is there) it is because contests like Miss MFC raise the expectations models have of their tippers. It raises the morale of the entire site. It makes models work harder and premiums get excited over the competition which drives them to tip.

If you can't be bothered to engage in it, then why do you oppose it so fervently?

On a side note: I was nothing but respectful towards you and everyone else on this thread. I know you are respected member of ACF, and friends with Ambercutie, but the negativity in your posts all over the board is pretty appalling. You are hostile to male members of this forum, to new members, and to models too. Like a bully basically.

TicTacToe said:
It is the same reason people tip big on MFC and they don't on Chaturbate.

I've had some big, BIG, seriously HUGE tips on Chaturbate...just sayin' ;)

Also, the big tips come throughout the month, not just in the final "push"

MFC will never drop the monthly contest and I doubt there will be annual one. I, for one, have no interest in either. I'm on cam to make a living, have fun and entertain. If by chance I make the top 100 (not likely from #4000+) then so be it, but as I'm able to pay my bills in a way I love then I'm happy where I am.

I know how models feel about the monthly contest, but what about members? How does it feel when "your girl" wins?

TicTacToe said:
Ok so let me get this straight...
a) you admit you don't work hard enough for top 100. This is the reason you don't land it.
b) You also admit that you are doing more money now than you ever did before when you were, in fact, top 100 consistently.
c) Yet you consider that raising the stake is something bad for models.

You seem to be missing the point...often. A yearly competition, aka "raising the stakes", doesn't benefit any model other than the models that are consistently in Top 100 anyways. Those big tippers that keep the top models in their spots aren't going anywhere besides where they already are. If you read what JJ wrote again, you'd see that JJ can make top 100 if she throws her personal life away each month. Any sane person wouldn't want to do that though.

TicTacToe said:
It is /precisely/ the competitive nature of MFC what makes it so much more profitable as a site than it was before. It is the same reason people tip big on MFC and they don't on Chaturbate. If you are making more money now (and everybody is, the curve is there) it is because contests like Miss MFC raise the expectations models have of their tippers. It raises the morale of the entire site. It makes models work harder and premiums get excited over the competition which drives them to tip.

Don't speak for all premiums when it comes to getting excited over Miss MFC. I think Miss MFC is a piece of shit competition. I tip, because the model is cool, and she has/does things I want/like. I can't agree that the Miss MFC competition makes models step their game up. I believe that has more to do with the individual model's ability to adapt and innovate rather than the "competition" from a contest.

TicTacToe said:
If you can't be bothered to engage in it, then why do you oppose it so fervently?

So that people similar to yourself don't get the wrong idea that a yearly competition is a good idea overall. It isn't, unless you're a fan of the already success models that is.

TicTacToe said:
On a side note: I was nothing but respectful towards you and everyone else on this thread. I know you are respected member of ACF, and friends with Ambercutie, but the negativity in your posts all over the board is pretty appalling. You are hostile to male members of this forum, to new members, and to models too. Like a bully basically.

If you think JJ is a bully towards anybody besides dickheads that deserve to get told off, you're soft.

RebeccaT said:
TicTacToe said:
I know how models feel about the monthly contest, but what about members? How does it feel when "your girl" wins?

I don't get anything out of it. More than often not, I'm glad when it's over with, if the model is only pushing for it a few times a year, for three reasons.

1. I don't have to feel tempted to drop more money than I should to get my friend a rank.
2. Prices for cool shit goes back to normal, so I can afford it again.
3. I don't have to see my friend sad, if her goals aren't met because they're so much bigger.

On some of the points that tictactoe has made; Firstly, one of the reasons that it may seem like models complain on this forum is because *shock horror* camming happens to be our job. Acf is a forum full of people who either do the same job or are associated with our job having downtime. There are very little places that camgirls can vent in real life to friends seeing as no one understands the things that go on. Camgirls while working pretty much always have to be happy, cheerful and take everything with good grace. Even the more blunt of camgirls (including myself) have to do this. Is it really that shocking that we might want to have a place to vent about our jobs to people who understand? We spend enough time telling everyone how awesome camming is and how much we love being there, it's nice to have somewhere that we don't have to be constantly perky. It's no newsflash that being a camgirl is mentally stressful. Try any job where you have to deal with the amount of idiots camgirls deal with every time they work and tell me you wouldn't want to vent about it in your free time. If you don't like it then there's nothing forcing you onto this forum. You can go back to MFC where the girls have their happy faces on.

Secondly, like has been mentioned, getting into the top 100 is not just about hard work. I've made the top 100 and it was extremely difficult, I already had a good placement and good regulars, I planned the month and worked my arse off. On top of that I was extremely lucky. There were many times that a newbie just happened to tip me shed loads. Two of my highest tippers that month were guys who'd never been in my room before. If I tried to do the top 100 now I would almost certainly fail.
Myfreecams is a looks and personality orientated site. To think that hard work is all a model needs to do is laughable. Some members will never tip certain models however fun and amazing they seem to others. This is where the luck comes in. For some models their looks do hold them back. Some girls just aren't conventionally good looking enough to make those ranks unless they manage to get one or two really super regulars who are willing to tip shit loads. It does happen, but it's rare.

Not being able to make the top 100 does not make you less of a successful model. To scrape into the top 100 you're talking $14 grand. Just to make the top 500 it's a shit ton of money. Hell top 1000 is still double what most people I know earn.

You may not think you've been rude but actually you have been. It may not have been your intention but that doesn't change what it is. Telling anyone how to do their job is extremely patronising and insulting. People don't like totally unsolicited advice from strangers who have almost certainly never done their job. It's never going to go down well. Camgirls are especially sensitive to it because a lot of members seem to feel particularly inclined to approach them with their total lack of knowledge. Implying that if someone doesn't make $14 grand a month they have failed at their job and should be "working harder" is again extremely insulting.
Maybe rather than accusing Jolene of bullying you why don't you listen to what she's saying and see that she's not the only one who has had this reaction. I'm sure you didn't mean it the way it came out so I understand that you're confused as to why you're getting such a negative reaction, but in these situations sometimes the best thing to do is admit you were in the wrong so you know not to do it in the future and come across the same issue again.

Bocefish said:
TicTacToe said:
You are hostile to male members of this forum, to new members, and to models too. Like a bully basically.

Only if they deserve it :mrgreen:
This is my favorite Boce post ever. Thanking it seemed like not enough. Hehehehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.