AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Miss Myfreecams... Your thoughts?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Purely a profit generator... if the models are competitively working harder, regardless of whether it's self-promotion, their fans are probably tipping more too.

Meanwhile, Leo is laughing all the way to the bank.
^this

It motivates many tipper and models too, especially those in or around the Top20 who gain both extra viewers and tips from being near the top.
Although it's said often, I'm not convinced any self tipping ever goes on, many time the speculation doesn't match the facts available. It also makes little financial sense to give MFC so much in a self tip and more is lost once you count taxes.

The last day of the month on MFC is normally super exhilarating because of Miss MFC, and viewing statistic confirmes that more members show up for the final days events.

Reactions: CherryChu
I'll start this by saying I love the Miss MFC AND camscore system, while not right for everyone it IS the right formula for me. Luckily for everyone else, there are so many camsites to chose from that do not operate this way. I see zero point in complaining about something you are in no way obligated to participate in. It reminds me of members complaining about a model instead of just hitting next model... ya know?

Top 20 and top 100 are SO far from each other competition wise that they're hardly comparable at all. Drama seems to be a tiny bit hard to avoid in top 20 but completely avoidable in top 100. (though I firmly believe even in top 20 it's mostly avoidable if the model chooses to ignore it and doesn't allow her members to be shitty)

I would not consider myself a "Top 100 model" because I do not just comfortable achieve top 100 without trying but I DO however do top 100 pretty often and top 50 a handful of times as well. My monthly goal is always top 250 but that's so recent and completely non-competitive, it's hardly worth even mentioning in this thread.

Of the many times I've done top 100 and top 50, not once have I ever had drama with another model running. There are multiple ways to treat rank runs, not just the competition way. I personally view rank months more as goals than competition. My goal is to get #100 or better and it has nothing to do with any other model. My goal is to achieve a number for myself, not to take it away from anyone else. There are enough models in the top 100 who do not actually care about to the top 100 that "taking away a rank" from someone else really never has to be an issue unless you make it one.

Don't want drama, don't involve yourself in drama. It's a super simple solution to a completely avoidable problem.

I would also like to ad that I spent a good amount of time talking to Leo recently, and a few other admins. I was so over the moon blown away by what humble and genuinely nice people they were, I've never felt more proud to be an MFC model than I do now that I've met the admin and creators.

Now that I finally remembered her name... did MilaMilan ever post her diatribe about the camming industry and MFC here or anywhere else for that matter?

If so, does anyone have a link or pertinent info?

IMHO... regardless of whether you liked her or not, she did seem rather knowledgeable about camming and the adult industry as a whole.

• Funny!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Now that I finally remembered her name... did MilaMilan ever post her diatribe about the camming industry and MFC here or anywhere else for that matter?

If so, does anyone have a link or pertinent info?

IMHO... regardless of whether you liked her or not, she did seem rather knowledgeable about camming and the adult industry as a whole.
she only just recently came back into the camming/adult industry world. You can find her on twitter and ask her I suppose.

Reactions: Bocefish
The MissMFC contest is one of the best ideas that MFC has ever had

I like the competition that the missmyfreecams crown brings to the site, it makes the site much more interesting and I have seen a lot of
not only fun and wild shows, but also artistic and cool. I am a fan!

On the topic of miss MFC, I find it can make models seem ungrateful

On many occasions I've seen models pushing for a certain number, they will be say number 21 going for top 20, they get a 3k tip and say "thank you!" then check their miss MFC position and suddenly it's "omg guys that didn't move us up a rank :( :( :( :(" and then they moan and act sad for 5 minutes

How can getting a generous tip make you sad..

It's a shame if you can't enjoy doing well and peoples generosity just because an innocuous number isn't what you want it to be on your screen.

In a few years when you look back you wont give a shizzle what your miss mfc positions were, hopefully you will be comfortably sitting in a nice house your hard work paid for, that's what's important

ps. I can also appreciate some models "play it up" a bit, act sad to get more tips, but some genuinely lose side of the wood for the trees.

On many occasions I've seen models pushing for a certain number, they will be say number 21 going for top 20, they get a 3k tip and say "thank you!" then check their miss MFC position and suddenly it's "omg guys that didn't move us up a rank :( :( :( :(" and then they moan and act sad for 5 minutes

It's a shame if you can't enjoy doing well and peoples generosity just because an innocuous number isn't what you want it to be on your screen.

In a few years when you look back you wont give a shizzle what your miss mfc positions were, hopefully you will be comfortably sitting in a nice house your hard work paid for, that's what's important

ps. I can also appreciate some models "play it up" a bit, act sad to get more tips, but some genuinely lose side of the wood for the trees.

The other part is that the other models in the middle and bottom get discouraged when the camscore does not go up or the rank drops. It is a real ego shredder.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for myself it's more guilt than Ungratefulness. I feel bad that the members very generous effort to move us up a spot didn't work, like I somehow failed them. So I try to validate that it was an amazing effort by emphasizing how surprised I am that it didn't move us up, because it normally would. Not because I don't feel they did enough, but because I feel they did and I'm responsible for their disappointment.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for myself it's more guilt than Ungratefulness. I feel bad that the members very generous effort to move us up a spot didn't work, like I somehow failed them. So I try to validate that it was an amazing effort by emphasizing how surprised I am that it didn't move us up, because it normally would. Not because I don't feel they did enough, but because I feel they did and I'm responsible for their disappointment.

Oh yes, there's levels to it, there's "I'm surprised that didn't move us a spot" on one end of the scale but then there's acting like your world is caving in and this is the worst thing that has ever happened to you lol

Some almost act like they wish they never got the tip because it got their hopes up

Perhaps for some when they make a lot of money quickly it loses its value so instead they target something harder to achieve, rank.

I guess anything that motivates you is good, just a shame if they can't enjoy being on cam without a number on their screen being what they want it to be.

There are far too many variables involved beyond any model's influence that should ever create even the slightest feelings of guilt for doing their best, on both sides of the camera.

It does, however, kinda speak volumes about your character... which, unfortunately, is not exactly the norm regarding the competition.

I’ve had this thought for a while…

As a business, the idea of the camming setup is for models to serve members (or customers if you will) for personal services. What i often notice from Miss MFC competitions; members are caught up with their favorite models trying to elevate and sustain monthly rankings, as well as models campaigning to finish within ranks. Now you have members tipping for the sheer sake of seeing their faves climb up ranks, seeing their faves get giddy over tip bombs, and what have you. In turn, much of the focus shifts towards satisfying models.

On top of monthly ranks, you have wishlists for ‘spoiling,’ and occasionally models will use their position for crowd source funding: whether its for medical bills, moving funds, saving for a new car, etc. In essence, this business can be just as much as members serving models as it is models serving members.

-2 cents

I left MFC because in the last couple of years they have turned camming into a competitive sport and I can only assume it is this which has led to so many dramas and hissy fits...from both models and members!

Reactions: Tomtom197
I left MFC because in the last couple of years they have turned camming into a competitive sport and I can only assume it is this which has led to so many dramas and hissy fits...from both models and members!
It's the models who turned it into such a dramafest, not MFC. The Miss MFC contest was around for years. There was always a sense of competition about it, but only recently has it gotten so ugly and I think it's more so due to the way camming itself has changed (it has grown significantly), and the types of girls who have started to dominate the viewership. The competitiveness is handled much differently now among the girls than it used to be, though I think their members fuel some unnecessary fires too.

It sucks that the other girls and their drama drove you away from MFC, but hopefully you've found a site more geared toward your preferred camming style.

I dig miss mfc, as @AmberCutie stated it helps me with goals and to push myself to work hard. I only push myself now and then to try and break the top 100, the top20 is pretty rediculous now. Every year or so I just go for it, im thinking of trying again in April.

Hey so this is a nice discussion but I want the drama, gossip, and dirty details, where's the thread for that?! What are these horrible crazy things going on in Top 20?! Dish dish dish! :D I just wanna live vicariously through the drama of top models while I recover from wisdom teeth surgery, is that too much to ask?

I'm kinda joking. And I'm on pain meds don't judge meeee. Guess I should watch the Bachelor or something if I want drama right?

Hey so this is a nice discussion but I want the drama, gossip, and dirty details, where's the thread for that?! What are these horrible crazy things going on in Top 20?! Dish dish dish! :D I just wanna live vicariously through the drama of top models while I recover from wisdom teeth surgery, is that too much to ask?

I'm kinda joking. And I'm on pain meds don't judge meeee. Guess I should watch the Bachelor or something if I want drama right?
I imagine following a handful of them on Twitter may provide enough drama for you. Then watch their room during last 4 hours or so of the month.

Reactions: Nordling
I imagine following a handful of them on Twitter may provide enough drama for you. Then watch their room during last 4 hours or so of the month.

Oooh great advice! Time to get out the chocolate caramel gelato and follow some top models! :p

This seemed like a good thread to put this. Recently MFC added a menu item on the homepage. A little eye that shows Miss Myfreecams models online ordered by rank. But the interesting thing is if you click next and keep going, it is now showing another update. They are showing ranks all the way up to 1000 now.

chrome_2016-09-07_21-51-02.png

chrome_2016-09-07_21-54-35.png

chrome_2016-09-07_21-52-01.png

This seemed like a good thread to put this. Recently MFC added a menu item on the homepage. A little eye that shows Miss Myfreecams models online ordered by rank. But the interesting thing is if you click next and keep going, it is now showing another update. They are showing ranks all the way up to 1000 now.

View attachment 65459

View attachment 65461

View attachment 65460
I fucking love this so much, it expands the competition beyond just the top 2%. Wonder if you can hide your rank if you don't want to be seen on the list though?

I am both sorry and glad I didn't read this thread sooner, because I have a lot to say on this matter and I know it might get me into some trouble haha. My opinion isn't popular or accepted by many camgirls, some of whom might have a personal interest in keeping the in-outs of the Top 20 dealings quiet, but I don't care. So, here goes my personal opinion as a model who placed a handful of times in top 20 and a couple of times in top 10 and over 20 times in top 100.

Self tipping happens in every spot of the spectrum. But, the higher you go on the ranks, the more people do it, and the more insane the amounts. When you get to top 10 self tipping is almost not even an option. I know this because I have ranked in there and competed against girls who used every cheat in the manual to pass me (and others) successfully. When you are fighting for those spots you are hyper vigilant and you notice the weird things that always seem to happen around some of them. Others do it cleanly so you know the difference. I have no way to prove any of this, no hard evidence, but I know it is going on, in the same way say, a cyclist knows that his competition is taking steroids even if he can't prove it. Certain things simply don't add up.

I don't think it's fair because it has the self tipping option, but rules are rules, girl with the most amount of tokens wins and it doesn't matter who is the tipper.

I do consider self-tipping cheating because you are not really "earning" the most amount of tokens on the site. You are earning less than many other girls who are earning more than you, the difference is you simply are "rinsing" your tokens through MFC twice. It is a ridiculous thing to do, but some people when given the option between gaining in dollars and gaining in ego, they will choose ego. It doesn't only happen on MFC, there are ego-driven people everywhere too, the only difference is on MFC they have a place to aim for and a very practical way to make it happen.

I am actually surprised that out of the 30 thousand models, or so, on MFC there are only so few who tip themselves to rank at the top consistently. But the more models join the site, the more ego-driven models join, and the competition gets harder and harder so they have to spend more on self tipping. My theory is it takes twice more money to place in the top 20 now than 4 years ago not because there is that much more money being spent on the site, but because the group of self tipping models wanting to place in top 20 has grown, and it is a matter of who tips themselves more now.

Self-tipping can be done, but to move up even ONE place in the top 100 can sometimes be $1000+, so anyone who wanted to self-tip would have to spend nearly double that to buy tokens. It just wouldn't be logical for ONE place movement.

Some of these models are self tipping over 30,000 dollars on months they want to rank #1 by my estimation. They save up money just to do it which is why no model ranks #1 consistently, models know this is an investment so they try not to compete against one another on months where one of them announces they are going for #1 as it would make no sense for either of them. They are that fucking crazy. On regular months to rank in the top 10 some of them are spending almost everything they make after paying their bills on tipping themselves. It is insane, no normal person would do this, but these are not normal people :)

How many of these models actually "self tip"? Is it really worth losing 60% of what you spend in order to get yourself into the top 20?

I don't know how you are making the calculation to reach the 60% number. But this is how they self tip: they buy large token packages at the best rate they can get, let's assume it's 0.8. So, with this package 1000 tokens would cost them $80. But the model will always receive $50 out of every 1000 tokens she is tipped regardless of how much money the member paid. So far, she has invested $30 bucks. But we are not finished yet. If the model is smart she will also have an MFC affiliate link and buy these tokens through it so she receives 15% of what the member spends back. That would be $12. So... to self tip 1000 tokens, a model needs to spend $18. You see how this can become addictive, right?

A model wants to self tip 10,000 tokens? Costs her $180. A successful model working 8 hours every day could be making around $1000 a day with a little bit of luck, some days she won't make 20k, but she will make it most days. If she invests half of what she makes in tipping herself, it would buy her 27,000 tokens. Add that one to the 20,000 she already made, and this gives you a beautiful total of 47,000 tokens daily to pull herself up the ranks. It kinda crushes your dreams doesn't it? I never tipped myself, I am a self made person and I struggled a lot to have what I have now. I would never spend my money in senseless competition like this, which is why I never worked enough to rank top 20 consistently. I got discouraged by all the cheating going on.

Top 100 is much more honest. Some girls there also self tip but it is much more rare to see and the amounts aren't nearly as high as top 20. MFC's whales are the top 20 girls who engage in this. I won't name any names because I don't want to create bad blood, but anyone with a sharp eye knows who they are. MFC probably thinks of them like you and I think of our highest tippers. Because they pay MFC more than 70% of what they make to have their names on the top 20 and the little crown on their avatar and the banner on the site, it is really pathetic in my opinion.

Self tipping happens in every spot of the spectrum. But, the higher you go on the ranks, the more people do it, and the more insane the amounts.
Utter BS.
At various times I track tokens quite closely and no sign of self tipping show up.

Even the widely spread incident from Miss MFC in March 2015 didn't involve self tipping. Source: Detailed heartache discussion from @AliSummers_

• Funny!
Reactions: Mila_
I will concede that I've observed (with mycamgirl.net data) what appears to be pre-arranged tipping on some eastern european new models, studio tipping perhaps?

Even 30K dollars is typically not enough to move one spot in Top3.

Through the magic of self tipping, 30k dollars become 1,666,666 tokens. One million and a half tokens. I would say that is over half of what she needs to rank #1 most months.

Last edited:
Explain your maths.

$599.99 buys 7575 tokens. So $30,000 buys 378,750 tokens.

You didn't read my whole post up there, did you? The one you rated a "face palm"? Cause it is all explained there.

Edit: thank you for taking the face-palm back.

Through the magic of self tipping, 30k dollars become 1,666,666 tokens. One million and a half tokens. I would say that is over half of what she needs to rank #1 most months.

What a great post. I find it quite amazing that investing only $30k for a model would be the equivalent of a member whale spending over $130k. Good deals for models on tokens.

The other thing this makes me wonder is if that $30k invested by the model ends up being repayed. If she's at the top of the page she may attract a lot of traffic and other tippers so they get the ego boost as well as the earning boost from the exposure they would never have had if they hadn't self tipped to artificially inflate their spot in the first place. Almost like investing in a start up for some instant exposure and end up making more in the long run.

You didn't read my whole post up there, did you? The one you rated a "face palm"? Cause it is all explained there.
I read the posts. I wanted your working so I can understand where the 1,666,666 tokens figure comes from.

It seems (because you have not explained how to get to 1,666,666) that you are under the impression a model can tip tokens from a models own account, repeatably. They cannot. They can only tip from a second perv account, and to recycle the money requires a wait for the twice monthly payment (on 1st and 16th of month) to be received from the main model account. And then we have the card/bank charges and eventual tax.

I read the posts. I wanted your working so I can understand where the 1,666,666 tokens figure comes from.

It seems (because you have not explained) that you are under the impression a model can tip tokens from a models own account, repeatably. They cannot. They can only tip from a second perv account, and to recycle the money requires a wait for the twice monthly payment (on 1st and 16th of month) to be received from the main model account. And then we have the card/bank charges and eventual tax.

I was an MFC model for 3 years. I know the ins and outs of tokens. I know a model cannot tip herself from her account, everyone knows this, which is why I didn't even bother explaining it. These girls are spending 10k-30k dollars every month on self tipping, do you think they don't have time to make their own perv accounts to tip themselves with? Most of them self tip quietly, through anonymous tips, ninja tips, or offline tips so they would only need 1 perv account. But a couple of them use their fake tokens to make the room feel more participative, they tip to encourage others to tip because MFC has a lot of groupthink and members tip when they see others tip. These girls create many different perv accounts and through time they raise the daily limits and token packages to be able to pull this off. Tipping to encourage tipping doesn't work so well when there is just 1 name doing it which is why they use many accounts. This requires more effort and work and someone managing these accounts while they are on cam.

As of taxes, this is only my personal speculation, but I believe taxes was a reason many of them started to tip themselves. Some models become incorporated to pay less taxes, but in order to do this you need to put all of your earnings into the corporation's account and put yourself on a salary. Your salary is the only portion of your earnings that gets taxed fully, the corporate account has lower taxes, but you cannot touch the corporate account except for business expenses. So these girls probably started to self tip because they knew they could claim these tips as publicity expenses and get even less taxes on that money. It doesn't hurt so bad to spend your money in tokens when you wouldn't be able to touch it otherwise. Other models probably don't pay taxes, there are many ways to evade them if you truly want to.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Osmia and ACFFAN69
I was an MFC model for 3 years. I know the ins and outs of tokens. I know a model cannot tip herself from her account, everyone knows this, which is why I didn't even bother explaining it. These girls are spending 10k-30k dollars every month on self tipping, do you think they don't have time to make their own perv accounts to tip themselves with? Some of them self tip quietly, through anonymous tips, ninja tips, or offline tips so they would only need 1 perv account. And some of them use their fake tokens to make the room feel more active, they tip to encourage others to tip because MFC has a lot of groupthink and members tip when they see others tip. The second type of model creates many different perv accounts they raise the daily limits and token packages on those accounts to be able to pull this off. Tipping to encourage tipping doesn't work so well when there is just 1 name doing it. They also need someone to give them a hand managing these accounts while they are on cam, I assume it is usually their significant other or an assistant.
Good you understanding recycling in a models account is not possible, but you still have not shown any maths for the 1,666,666. I take it, you retract the claim.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.