AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Missing messages and other chat issues

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2022
For a few weeks I have been trusted by a broadcaster whom I have become quite close with to moderate her room, everything was easy enough, kick the odd idiot who doesn't want to play by the rules, thank those who have tipped and try to encourage more people to tip... Easy!

A few days ago we were chatting in PM and I found I was disconnected from chat as I had signed in from somewhere else, thinking I had just left the browser tab open on my phone l refreshed and all seemed well, this happened again a few minutes later this time I was sure it wasn't because of my phone. As a precaution I changed my password and all seemed good. Just before the end of the broadcast the model had the same thing happen on her account, i advised that she should also change her password.

The next day in the middle of the broadcast the stream went offline unexpectedly and when we were logged back in the numbers next to the user window were showing around 30 visitors, but in the list there were only my name and hers showing (no anonymous users) eventually after a few refreshes and logging out and back in everything returned to normal.

Later on it was noticed that a lot of PM's were not getting delivered or some would take up to a couple of minutes to go through. Users were complaining of being ignored and blocked from sending PM's and users were being kicked out of the room without either myself or the streamer doing anything.

Today the problem persisted from the beginning of the show and got to the point that some messages to public chat were not sent (with error messages returned). The streamer was somewhat upset and has revoked my status as a mod as she was beginning to think that it was me messing around, the truth is I would never even consider doing anything like that and as far as I know here is nothing I can do as a mod that would cause the issue.

We have since spoken and she believes that I'm not responsible but she is also very concerned as today she only managed to earn a small amount of tips before the issues got so bad that she had to pull the plug on the broadcast. Streaming is her only source of income and as she works through a studio she only gets around half of the tips anyway! It kind of feels like the account has been hacked in some way but I'm not certain of that.

Can anyone offer any advice?

• Wat?!
Reactions: Lou_King_
For a few weeks I have been trusted by a broadcaster whom I have become quite close with to moderate her room, everything was easy enough, kick the odd idiot who doesn't want to play by the rules, thank those who have tipped and try to encourage more people to tip... Easy!

A few days ago we were chatting in PM and I found I was disconnected from chat as I had signed in from somewhere else, thinking I had just left the browser tab open on my phone l refreshed and all seemed well, this happened again a few minutes later this time I was sure it wasn't because of my phone. As a precaution I changed my password and all seemed good. Just before the end of the broadcast the model had the same thing happen on her account, i advised that she should also change her password.

The next day in the middle of the broadcast the stream went offline unexpectedly and when we were logged back in the numbers next to the user window were showing around 30 visitors, but in the list there were only my name and hers showing (no anonymous users) eventually after a few refreshes and logging out and back in everything returned to normal.

Later on it was noticed that a lot of PM's were not getting delivered or some would take up to a couple of minutes to go through. Users were complaining of being ignored and blocked from sending PM's and users were being kicked out of the room without either myself or the streamer doing anything.

Today the problem persisted from the beginning of the show and got to the point that some messages to public chat were not sent (with error messages returned). The streamer was somewhat upset and has revoked my status as a mod as she was beginning to think that it was me messing around, the truth is I would never even consider doing anything like that and as far as I know here is nothing I can do as a mod that would cause the issue.

We have since spoken and she believes that I'm not responsible but she is also very concerned as today she only managed to earn a small amount of tips before the issues got so bad that she had to pull the plug on the broadcast. Streaming is her only source of income and as she works through a studio she only gets around half of the tips anyway! It kind of feels like the account has been hacked in some way but I'm not certain of that.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Have you tried a couple of simple things to test?
- try be in her room in incognito/private browser mode
- try a different browser
- create a new account and use this account only, to see if it does the exact same

There was an issue before where in a specific room for some of us, we would not be able to send messages at all to the model, but if we were a moderator or used a different account we could write as normal, eventually (1 month) it was fixed though.

But have you tried any of the simple troubleshooting that I have said above?

Upvote 0
I've experienced some of this, almost daily, for about a month. I haven't noticed it at all in the past 2 weeks. One additional idea... try clearing CB's cookies and site data from your browser. Sometimes that fixes 'CB update' issues.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
Some aspects of the site have been more squirrely than a hazelnut tree lately, but as it's a studio account, the studio should contact CB support to look into these issues.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the input guys, my responses are below with quotes.

Im pleased to say that today's show went without a hitch, it wasn't as busy as normal but nothing weird happened and it was great to see the stress lifting from the models shoulders with every minute that passed.

I will update if anything changes.

Please contact support@chaturbate.com for further assistance.

Support have been contacted by the broadcasters studio... We look forward a response

Have you tried a couple of simple things to test?
- try be in her room in incognito/private browser mode
- try a different browser
- create a new account and use this account only, to see if it does the exact same

There was an issue before where in a specific room for some of us, we would not be able to send messages at all to the model, but if we were a moderator or used a different account we could write as normal, eventually (1 month) it was fixed though.

But have you tried any of the simple troubleshooting that I have said above?.
I tried the first two things at the time and they made no difference, the issues were present for multiple users so I'm not convinced that it was an account or user end issue

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.