AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

mmmmm liver and onions with mash potatoes for dinner tonigt

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmmmm liver and onions with mash potatoes for dinner ton

Nordling said:
:lol: <shudder> @ liver.
LOl it is good should try it. I also eat it right b4 i donate blood of course i am a+ and only ppl of that tyhpe can have it but hey =D plus it is yummy with mashed potatoes. :p

sxycherrypie said:
Nordling said:
LOl it is good should try it. I also eat it right b4 i donate blood of course i am a+ and only ppl of that tyhpe can have it but hey =D plus it is yummy with mashed potatoes. :p
I have. My mom made it at least once a month. Always hated it. And, no, the smothering in onions doesn't help. lol

I did learn to love raw oyster on the half-shell though. :)

Nordling said:
sxycherrypie said:
Nordling said:
I have. My mom made it at least once a month. Always hated it. And, no, the smothering in onions doesn't help. lol

I did learn to love raw oyster on the half-shell though. :)
Eww raw oysters and I dont eat the onions but it ads a nice flavor to the liver always went to grandma and paps house to eat it with them cause my mom could not stand the smell of liver cooking or the taste.

Amberfoxxx said:
Nordling said:

I'll one up ya.. what about Chicken gizzards. I'm not even sure what they are, but my landlord (who is a big fat greasy man) LOVES them. Ick.
Ha! My father always ate the gizzard. Which is the like a pre-stomach in birds. It contains grit and fine gravel to grind up the hard stuff birds eat--since they have no teeth. :) And yeah, yuck. :)

Nordling said:
Amberfoxxx said:
Nordling said:

I'll one up ya.. what about Chicken gizzards. I'm not even sure what they are, but my landlord (who is a big fat greasy man) LOVES them. Ick.
Ha! My father always ate the gizzard. Which is the like a pre-stomach in birds. It contains grit and fine gravel to grind up the hard stuff birds eat--since they have no teeth. :) And yeah, yuck. :)

uhhhh..... uhhh... wow. super gross.

I like it all, liver, gizzards, chicken hearts... yummmm. I've never tried Foie Gras, but hear it's awesome. I just don't like how they treat the duckies to make it but that's a whole other thread.

Mmmm! I had sushi for dinner and YUM!

I LOVE raw oysters! I had Apalachicola oysters when I went to see the fam in FL. Holy. Shit. YUMYUMYUMYUM! Couldn't chew them, but I loved sucking off the horseradish, tobasco, and clammy juices before swallowing ;D

I think the only weird food, which really isn't weird, is Gator. I actually love fried gizzards, but I think that's just the Irish in me, lol!

Yay food thread :h:

Amberfoxxx said:
Nordling said:

Those are awesome too.

AlexLady said:
I've eaten cow tongue, calf brains, and chicken feet. It's delicious.
:lol: that reminded me of an old Kliban cartoon:

6W9ll.jpg

Bocefish said:
I like it all, liver, gizzards, chicken hearts... yummmm. I've never tried Foie Gras, but hear it's awesome. I just don't like how they treat the duckies to make it but that's a whole other thread.

They make an "ethical" Foie Gras. I've seen videos of the farms they're raised on. Basically they fly in, run around all day and eat the crap out of seed and corn. No force feeding and no cages. Not as good from what I hear though. It was on the program "The F Word" with Gordon Ramsey. That should be enough to find a youtube video if you're interested.

Damn, now I'm hungry..... Liver n O's is now on this weeks menu. :-D
I have no problem with any of the rest of the goodies mentioned either. All yum if you know how to fix them right. I prefer turkey gizzard to chicken, simply for the size of the meat difference.
Let me add one to make you folk go ewww.. Barbacoa.... traditional barb is cow cheek meat cooked on the head, in a pit somewhat like a clambake or Hawaiian pig roasting pit. It's some of the best flavored, most tender meat there is on a cow. Shred it up, add some onion, salsa and cheese and you have a soft taco you wont be able to put down once you taste it. :eek:rcs-cheers:

SoTxBob said:

Damn, now I'm hungry..... Liver n O's is now on this weeks menu. :-D
I have no problem with any of the rest of the goodies mentioned either. All yum if you know how to fix them right. I prefer turkey gizzard to chicken, simply for the size of the meat difference.
Let me add one to make you folk go ewww.. Barbacoa.... traditional barb is cow cheek meat cooked on the head, in a pit somewhat like a clambake or Hawaiian pig roasting pit. It's some of the best flavored, most tender meat there is on a cow. Shred it up, add some onion, salsa and cheese and you have a soft taco you wont be able to put down once you taste it. :eek:rcs-cheers:

Dude, nobody I know from S. Tex puts cheese on barbacoa. That's like asking for sauce for the brisket or ketchup for a Filet Mignon. Different strokes, I'll give you that...

BTW, I've found cheek meat at Walmart on occasion. If you do up it right, you'll think you got it from your favorite molina.

Like U say diff strokes I guess... I was first introduced to it by a local taco lady. The vast majority of her customers were 'immigrant workers' and she stuck to what she called traditional foods rather that Tex-mex so many gringos take as Mexican. Her hubby did the cooking every Sunday and she had barb for her products and taco shack for 3 days. The cheese she used was a queso fresco or blanco, not the yellow shit you find on everything else nowdays... I also liked to add a bit of chunky Guac to it prior to consumption.... :-D

Reactions: schlmoe

SoTxBob said:
Like U say diff strokes I guess... I was first introduced to it by a local taco lady. The vast majority of her customers were 'immigrant workers' and she stuck to what she called traditional foods rather that Tex-mex so many gringos take as Mexican. Her hubby did the cooking every Sunday and she had barb for her products and taco shack for 3 days. The cheese she used was a queso fresco or blanco, not the yellow shit you find on everything else nowdays... I also liked to add a bit of chunky Guac to it prior to consumption.... :-D

Everywhere I've been, from Del Rio to Laredo to Austin, and points in between...never been served nor offered cheese with barbacoa. I was just giving you some shit. At least you didn't come back and say it was cheese whiz or velveeta...lol! I'd be willing to try a bit of queso fresco or queso blanco to my next barbacoa taco, variety is the spice of life, eh?

Of course, we'll have to have another talk if you tell me you add cheese to your menudo...lol!

sxycherrypie said:
Nordling said:

Are you saying only someone with A+ blood type can eat liver?

I think she means only people with A+ blood can have A+ blood so it's important she donates.

Chicken feet are actually really tender and can take hours to cook.
af24049d93269530_m.jpg

I love unique foods, ...except mushrooms.

Lydia_Deetz said:
sxycherrypie said:
Nordling said:

Are you saying only someone with A+ blood type can eat liver?
No thats not what iam saying at all lol. I meant to say only ppl with a+ blood can have my a + blood. Sorry for the confusion hun.

Reactions: Lydia_Deetz

AlexLady said:
I think she means only people with A+ blood can have A+ blood so it's important she donates.

Chicken feet are actually really tender and can take hours to cook.
af24049d93269530_m.jpg

I love unique foods, ...except mushrooms.
That looks yummy

Rosemary said:
Egh...the chicken feet looks like orange chicken in tube form. I think I'd try it just to say I did. Rule of thumb- try everything twice and years apart.
Exactly! That's how I got to liking raw oysters. I'd have an oyster shooter once a year, with grimaces. lol After five years, they were good!

Nordling said:
Rosemary said:
Egh...the chicken feet looks like orange chicken in tube form. I think I'd try it just to say I did. Rule of thumb- try everything twice and years apart.
Exactly! That's how I got to liking raw oysters. I'd have an oyster shooter once a year, with grimaces. lol After five years, they were good!

Raw oysters make me shudder a bit do you just swallow them down or do you have to chew them?

sxycherrypie said:
Nordling said:
Rosemary said:

Raw oysters make me shudder a bit do you just swallow them down or do you have to chew them?
Just swallow them down. The trick is to get VERY fresh ones that are small. The very first time was on a beach in the San Juans...a friend popped one he'd just found into my mouth but it was huge! I had to bite it into two pieces in my mouth and swallow while overcoming the gag reflex. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.