AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model Advocacy

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutiepiemaryxx

Cam Model
Oct 19, 2022
Twitter Username
@Cutiepiemaryxx
I find that on the site there is an EXTREME lack of advocacy. I was recently told that a warning was already previously given to Stripchat about a particularly large couples page and nothing was done about it and so another person fell victim to these people.

As models we shouldn’t have to contact support just to have a bot let us know the message as been added to queue and never looked at.

Plus as a model that had gone through her fair share of trauma you need to feel heard and cared for.

We need better advocacy. We should be able to have a point of contact that is actually going to advocate for us in our scariest moments.

Someone that tells you to “stop spreading rumors” or tells you after an unfair ban “it should be for longer” is not the advocacy we need. I am so sad to say I have come across many stripchat models that have fallen pray to the aforementioned page that could’ve been avoided if when it was first brought to light someone advocated for us.

Reactions: BikerBabeBonnie
Solution
Just in case you didn’t know this is the definition of advocate.

ad·vo·cate

noun
noun: advocate; plural noun: advocates
/ˈadvəkət/
  1. a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.
    "he was an untiring advocate of economic reform"

2. a person who pleads on someone else's behalf.
    "care managers can become advocates for their clients"

When I say SC should have someone I within the company to advocate for models it means that I would love for someone within the company to do exactly what I’m doing right now, pleads justice in behalf of the models in cases like these. Almost like an HR department.
So, I think the closest thing I am aware of are model liasons or model...
I find that on the site there is an EXTREME lack of advocacy. I was recently told that a warning was already previously given to Stripchat about a particularly large couples page and nothing was done about it and so another person fell victim to these people.

As models we shouldn’t have to contact support just to have a bot let us know the message as been added to queue and never looked at.

Plus as a model that had gone through her fair share of trauma you need to feel heard and cared for.

We need better advocacy. We should be able to have a point of contact that is actually going to advocate for us in our scariest moments.

Someone that tells you to “stop spreading rumors” or tells you after an unfair ban “it should be for longer” is not the advocacy we need. I am so sad to say I have come across many stripchat models that have fallen pray to the aforementioned page that could’ve been avoided if when it was first brought to light someone advocated for us.
I completely agree, I am also a stripchat model. Advocacy is much needed in this community. People not only need to feel heard and listened to but they need to feel like something can be done for them, to stop any harm that is befalling them.

I have had so many tramas in my life where I couldn’t get any help except to tell somebody. During these past experiences of mine, none of the people that did me harm had any action taken against them. Even If I let someone know there was nothing done to stop them from continuing to harm others that fall victim to these people.

Reactions: Cutiepiemaryxx
Upvote 0
🥰 💌 🥰

STRIPCHAT is a PROUD SPONSOR of PINEAPPLESUPPORT

🥰 💌 🥰

You are loved, and therapists are here to listen.
You are not alone!

Pineapple Support provides 24/7 online, emotional support as well as free and subsidised professional therapy and advice to all performers in the adult online industry.

OUR THERAPISTS​

Each of our professional therapists has been individually chosen for their sex-positive outlook and support toward adult industry workers.

YOUR SAFETY​

Your details will never be shared with a third party or publicly. We care about you, and your anonymity is as important to us as it is to you.

SECURITY​

Your privacy is as important to us as it is to you. Pineapple will always keep your information completely confidential. You are important to us.

7 CUPS​

Our support service is a separate community hosted by 7cups. We have chosen 7cups for their security, online safety and experience.

https://pineapplesupport.org/

https://www.7cups.com/p/pineapplesupport/?wla=pineSupport43

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 9.52.47 AM.png

Upvote 0
🥰 💌 🥰

🥰 💌 🥰

You are not alone!

Pineapple Support provides 24/7 online, emotional support as well as free and subsidised professional therapy and advice to all performers in the adult online industry.

OUR THERAPISTS​

Each of our professional therapists has been individually chosen for their sex-positive outlook and support toward adult industry workers.

YOUR SAFETY​

Your details will never be shared with a third party or publicly. We care about you, and your anonymity is as important to us as it is to you.

SECURITY​

Your privacy is as important to us as it is to you. Pineapple will always keep your information completely confidential. You are important to us.

7 CUPS​

Our support service is a separate community hosted by 7cups. We have chosen 7cups for their security, online safety and experience.

Sending people to online support is not advocacy within the site. It’s actually more of a way to rid yourself from actually caring for the models. When you are a victim of a serious trauma setting up an account, filling out forms, and hoping someone is willing to listen after you PAY them is not what you are looking for. What these models need is a human with compassion within the site which we make lots of money for. Sad to see that we aren’t even hood enough to have even THAT.

Upvote 0

🥰 💌 🥰

You are not alone!

OUR THERAPISTS​

YOUR SAFETY​

SECURITY​

7 CUPS​

This is exactly the thing that makes me feel so unheard and alone. when someone’s listens to something traumatic that happened and they say “talk to a therapist”. This reply makes me feel ignored. The people that cause this harm are still able and have the opportunity to create more trama and and hurt others in the community.

Upvote 0
As someone who has seen many models come n go , I see a lot of models trying make living n to for them not to have support from company they are making money for is sad, these girls work there tails off n are verbally abuse, they deserve to have real support group, something needs change or users are going to go to other site. Please help ur models

Upvote 0
Pineapple Support is actually a great resource for people within the online adult industry who either have trouble finding therapists or affording them, and I think Charlie's response was more than adequate.

I'm sorry for anyone who is dealing with or has dealt with traumatic experiences. Truly. But, unless it's taking place on the site, it's not the responsibility of the camsite.

I was recently told that a warning was already previously given to Stripchat about a particularly large couples page and nothing was done about it and so another person fell victim to these people.

Someone that tells you to “stop spreading rumors”

From the sounds of this, whatever the people running the account is doing, it's not happening on Stripchat. Are you expecting them to be banned? It's a very slippery slope if camsites start banning people for things they do totally offsite. I'm not saying whatever they're doing is right, I'm sure it's not, but I'm confused as to what exactly you're looking for.

Upvote 0
Pineapple Support is actually a great resource for people within the online adult industry who either have trouble finding therapists or affording them, and I think Charlie's response was more than adequate.

I'm sorry for anyone who is dealing with or has dealt with traumatic experiences. Truly. But, unless it's taking place on the site, it's not the responsibility of the camsite.

From the sounds of this, whatever the people running the account is doing, it's not happening on Stripchat. Are you expecting them to be banned? It's a very slippery slope if camsites start banning people for things they do totally offsite. I'm not saying whatever they're doing is right, I'm sure it's not, but I'm confused as to what exactly you're looking for.
Chaturbate banned this person for being a rapist after the allegations came from several models. Whether on or off site a person who uses their platform to rape women should not be allowed on the site. Some of it was shown during live streams on stripchat. Giving a link to therapy and telling a victim you can’t do anything for them is not sex worker advocacy. Maybe stripchat should learn a thing or two from CB. Also ANY JOB you would be FIRED no matter if it was on or offsite. YOU represent the job, name ONE job that a person did something offsite and still worked for the company. Please

Upvote 0
Chaturbate banned this person for being a rapist after the allegations came from several models. Whether on or off site a person who uses their platform to rape women should not be allowed on the site. Some of it was shown during live streams on stripchat. Giving a link to therapy and telling a victim you can’t do anything for them is not sex worker advocacy. Maybe stripchat should learn a thing or two from CB. Also ANY JOB you would be FIRED no matter if it was on or offsite. YOU represent the job, name ONE job that a person did something offsite and still worked for the company. Please

If someone was raped on a live stream, then they should not only be banned from the site, they should be in prison. In no way shape or form am I condoning SA.

However, can you not see how it would be a problem if a site banned people based on messages to support from other models? If they worked like that, any model at any time could be banned if someone messaged support with allegations.

This job is not like "any job". We're not employees of the sites we work on. We don't represent the sites we work on. We're independent contractors. Of course, that means we can get banned for pretty much any reason at any time. It's up to the site's discretion. Most sites, except for CB, don't generally ban unless there was a serious breach of the TOS, because it's generally not in a camsite's best interests.

Upvote 0

Here to support CPM

Reactions: Cutiepiemaryxx
Upvote 0

Yes , here to support CPM as well! POWER IN NUMBERS!!

Upvote 0
Seems like there's some brigading going on.
Yeah, I'm not quite sure what's up.

I honestly cannot tell what the OP is actually asking to happen?

Upvote 0
If someone was raped on a live stream, then they should not only be banned from the site, they should be in prison. In no way shape or form am I condoning SA.

However, can you not see how it would be a problem if a site banned people based on messages to support from other models? If they worked like that, any model at any time could be banned if someone messaged support with allegations.

This job is not like "any job". We're not employees of the sites we work on. We don't represent the sites we work on. We're independent contractors. Of course, that means we can get banned for pretty much any reason at any time. It's up to the site's discretion. Most sites, except for CB, don't generally ban unless there was a serious breach of the TOS, because it's generally not in a camsite's best interests.
I see how it can be an issue but doesn’t mean that a blind eye should be turned. Like I said if CB was able to do it there’s no reason stripchat can’t advocate for their models in the same manner.

Upvote 0
Sad that you associate models finally speaking up for themselves as brigading.
He's referring to new members signing up to post in your thread.

Would you mind clarifying what you're aiming to do here? You mention advocacy and support, but it seems this is about someone who should be banned from SC?

Upvote 0
I see how it can be an issue but doesn’t mean that a blind eye should be turned. Like I said if CB was able to do it there’s no reason stripchat can’t advocate for their models in the same manner.

Chaturbate doesn't advocate for their models, no matter what way you define advocacy. All it takes is a quick glance through the Chaturbate section here to see that they're ban happy and it's more likely that the person got banned from CB for totally unrelated reasons.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm not quite sure what's up.

I honestly cannot tell what the OP is actually asking to happen?
I just want someone to advocate for us! To take the time to actually listen like other sites were able to and to take action. I’m not naming anyone nor do I plan to as that isn’t my intention. My main purpose of this post is to bring to light a problem that’s been said between us models on the site, the lack of real compassion and action when real life issues arise. In cases like these who are we supposed to turn to within the site if no one is there to actually listen?

Upvote 0
Chaturbate banned this person for being a rapist after the allegations came from several models
Being labelled a rapist/abuser/etc is a big deal and shouldn't be taken lightly. Nobody should go down for allegations alone unless these allegations have proof. It is horrible for the victim to have to fight for justice - but it is also to protect people from becoming victims of bad actors (like via false allegations).

You've said that there was a rape streamed, have any forms been filed with law enforcement? I have seen SC respond to an ACF thread about livestreamed abuse of a child quickly and professionally. I would not suspect them to let a livestreamed rape of adult(s) fly.
Your first post was a little confusing in its point (but makes sense a few posts later), I think Charlie did right by posting links to therapy since it wasn't entirely clear that you were referring to livestreamed crimes not having action taken against.

With new users joining the site just to post in this thread, it does seem like brigading. This dogpiling is why evidence is so important - I'm not telling you to post the evidence here, but I am saying that your own fans/more people in general shouting for action =/= proof that an actual crime took place.

Upvote 1
Being labelled a rapist/abuser/etc is a big deal and shouldn't be taken lightly. Nobody should go down for allegations alone unless these allegations have proof. It is horrible for the victim to have to fight for justice - but it is also to protect people from becoming victims of bad actors (like via false allegations).

You've said that there was a rape streamed, have any forms been filed with law enforcement? I have seen SC respond to an ACF thread about livestreamed abuse of a child quickly and professionally. I would not suspect them to let a livestreamed rape of adult(s) fly.
Your first post was a little confusing in its point (but makes sense a few posts later), I think Charlie did right by posting links to therapy since it wasn't entirely clear that you were referring to livestreamed crimes not having action taken against.

With new users joining the site just to post in this thread, it does seem like brigading. This dogpiling is why evidence is so important - I'm not telling you to post the evidence here, but I am saying that your own fans/more people in general shouting for action =/= proof that an actual crime took place.
Exactly all of this, thanks for taking the type to spell this out so clearly.

Upvote 0

With new users joining the site just to post in this thread, it does seem like brigading. This dogpiling is why evidence is so important - I'm not telling you to post the evidence here, but I am saying that your own fans shouting for action =/= proof that an actual crime took place.
Thank you! Yes, I agree and see your point and will adjust my actions given your advice. This is what I meant though, I know I’m all over the place as it’s hard for me to set aside personal emotions in issues like these.

If stripchat had a resource within the site that could advice the models/advocate for them/ take the allegations serious and made these models feel heard I wouldn’t be on this forum blabbing away.

The reason why I tied the two together was because this was brought to light when it happened in September. And all was said was “we would look into it” and then when a model tried to personally tell a direct SC contact they were told to stop spreading rumors and no further investigation was done and these people still had a platform within the site.

Like you said these allegations are serious and can end lives so shouldn’t it be treated in a special matter.. not like any other model report?

Upvote 0

I 100% agree with everything you posted, but especially this.

Over the last 5+ years I've been in this industry I've seen models make very serious allegations against other models and even site owners. Very rarely did anyone bring forth any sort of proof. Not that it should be posted on social media, it should be shown to either the site or to the authorities, but still. A lot of those came across as a way to smear someone else's name after a falling out of some sort. It's understandable that a site wouldn't take action unless there was proof.

Upvote 0
I know I’m all over the place as it’s hard for me to set aside personal emotions in issues like these.
I completely understand, I get the same way. And as said, it is horrible for a victim - or people who believe in the victim - to have to fight for justice. However,

If stripchat had a resource within the site that could advice the models/advocate for them/ take the allegations serious and made these models feel heard
The bolded is the problem. I'm not saying law enforcement will care since it does sound like all you have are word of mouth allegations, but they are the ones who should be talked to so the rapist can be put in prison, not just deplatformed. IDK if SC has this in their ToS but on other adult sites, not having a sex offense is a part of the model agreement. So if you were to take them down legally, they would face issues online, too.

Without evidence, people SHOULD question the allegations because they are simply one word of mouth against another. Was a rape kit done? Were any files made with law enforcement of any kind? Or is this just words and expecting a camsite to take action based on allegations alone? When earlier contact to SC was made, did you give the date/time of the alleged rape so that they can potentially see if they have an archive of it?

Upvote 0
I completely understand, I get the same way. And as said, it is horrible for a victim - or people who believe in the victim - to have to fight for justice. However,

The bolded is the problem. I'm not saying law enforcement will care since it does sound like all you have are word of mouth allegations, but they are the ones who should be talked to so the rapist can be put in prison, not just deplatformed. IDK if SC has this in their ToS but on other adult sites, not having a sex offense is a part of the model agreement. So if you were to take them down legally, they would face issues online, too.

Without evidence, people SHOULD question the allegations because they are simply one word of mouth against another. Was a rape kit done? Were any files made with law enforcement of any kind? Or is this just words and expecting a camsite to take action based on allegations alone? When earlier contact to SC was made, did you give the date/time of the alleged rape so that they can potentially see if they have an archive of it?
Honestly, the purpose of this is to get someone in SC to do this research themself.

Upvote 0
Honestly, the purpose of this is to get someone in SC to do this research themself.
Ahh ok. It all makes sense now, I get the connection with your request for advocacy and details of an alleged criminal on the site.

I guess what it comes down to, is it reasonable to expect a platform to do this, or are we expecting too much "human nature" from a business oriented site that is not even our employer?

Not sure where that falls, honestly. We all would like to think the platforms we utilize go that extra mile but without them having law enforcement contact them about it, are they actually obligated? [edit to add: unless of course the proof was ON their site that they could verify. Obviously they'd need to act, then.]

Tough call.

Upvote 0
Ahh ok. It all makes sense now, I get the connection with your request for advocacy and details of an alleged criminal on the site.

I guess what it comes down to, is it reasonable to expect a platform to do this, or are we expecting too much "human nature" from a business oriented site that is not even our employer?

Not sure where that falls, honestly. We all would like to think the platforms we utilize go that extra mile but without them having law enforcement contact them about it, are they actually obligated? [edit to add: unless of course the proof was ON their site that they could verify. Obviously they'd need to act, then.]

Tough call.
Okay so, do you believe our best course of action is to proceed with law enforcement and then once done so return to the site and hope they will do something about it?

And if they don’t, then what? I just wish these sites had a proper plan for these circumstances.

Upvote 0
Sites aren't equipped to provide psychological support hence why they are sponsors of pineapple support. It's also extremely hard with jurisdiction for a site to handle police. Wouldn't it be up to the model or even a studio to contact authorities and then the site could assist with recordings if SA was done on cam? Unless blatantly obvious or situationally against TOS, how can they know? We are independent contractors not employees. The ethics and responsibilities from a site (one that's in a different country most likely than the models in question) aren't the same as employer/employee. I'm seriously confused with what exactly is going on especially since OP and the first response both joined here the same day and the other two agreeing both joined today. It's a bit suspect.

I've had nothing but great assistance from stripchat.

Upvote 0
I understand what you are saying. I don't think I or someone else here asked for psychological support though. The topic of this thread is Advocacy needed in this site or community. Which means public support for or recommendation of a particular cause or policy. So If someone is giving advice to someone to seek psychological help, that advice should be taken into consideration. What the OP is trying to say is we want to know how or IF something can be done when someone is harmed by another user on the site that they met from that site. Can something be done if that person still has an opportunity to cause harm or trauma through the site?

Upvote 0
Sites aren't equipped to provide psychological support hence why they are sponsors of pineapple support. It's also extremely hard with jurisdiction for a site to handle police. Wouldn't it be up to the model or even a studio to contact authorities and then the site could assist with recordings if SA was done on cam? Unless blatantly obvious or situationally against TOS, how can they know? We are independent contractors not employees. The ethics and responsibilities from a site (one that's in a different country most likely than the models in question) aren't the same as employer/employee. I'm seriously confused with what exactly is going on especially since OP and the first response both joined here the same day and the other two agreeing both joined today. It's a bit suspect.

I've had nothing but great assistance from stripchat.
Our duration on the forum (however, I did not just join so that’s false) has nothing to do with the post.

The OP post is in regards to the lack of advocacy. How when things happen on stream which caused a ban on another site didn’t cause on this one. How supports were submitted to SC and we were personally told by SC to stop spreading rumors when presented with such allegations and then having evidence.

The fact of it all, is something serious happened on stream and nothinh was done and this caused a ripple for new victims to arise.

So when does it end? What needs to happen for proper action to be taken. Why is there not someone within the company that will advocate for us in these circumstances?

Upvote 0
Please let it be noted, that none of these allegations were made 'whilst streaming on our site' therefore, there is nothing for Stripchat to investigate.

We are a platform which models use to stream from, and we take action and give consequences when we have proof that our policies have been breached whilst using our site.

We certainly do not condone the kinds of things mentioned in this thread, but we also cannot control what occurs in the offline daily lives of models, nor can we act upon things which are out of our hands.

What we can do (and what we have done) is advise models to seek assistance from their local law enforcement authorities who can take further action.
As a sponsor of PineappleSupport, we are also able to direct models to trained professionals who are equipt to deal with these situations and who are there to provide the required psychological help.

Should anything like this ever occur during live streaming on our site, I can assure you without a doubt, no second thought would be given to permanent suspension and further relevant measures.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.