AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model Rants at Hapless Member

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JickyJuly said:
If women could be purchased with Amazon gift cards, we'd be listed as products on Amazon, right?
Funny MFC is kind of like Amazon, you can search or browse different products (models) for what you like, view a product your interested in (via model room or profile) and then pay MFC for the product (model) in private. So from a commercial standpoint yes you can be purchased for a gift card (tokens). The purchase is more virtual of sorts and is time degraded but none the less the member has paid for you (virtually).

CallMeWilliam said:
JickyJuly said:
If women could be purchased with Amazon gift cards, we'd be listed as products on Amazon, right?
Funny MFC is kind of like Amazon, you can search or browse different products (models) for what you like, view a product your interested in (via model room or profile) and then pay MFC for the product (model) in private. So from a commercial standpoint yes you can be purchased for a gift card (tokens). The purchase is more virtual of sorts and is time degraded but none the less the member has paid for you (virtually).

The are independent contractors. You are paying for a service, not the model.

JickyJuly said:
It's okay to feel jealous of her dude or ex-dude, but pretending that jealousy has logic behind it is never wise. If you'd come here saying "Does anyone feel jealousy pangs when they hear about their favorite girl's sexy exploits?" things would have gone much more smoothly for you. Trying to create some fantasy situation in which she was wrong for living like a normal human being, however, makes you a pill that no one wants to swallow. Being in touch with the source of your own feelings before speaking pays off in social situations.

As usual, JickyJuly summed it up and worded it perfectly. :thumbleft:

CallMeWilliam said:
JickyJuly said:
This feels like a stretch to me. If you buy a ticket to a concert, you don't then get to then follow the band home and monitor their bedroom activities. The same is true of MFC. Members get what models are willing to give, and trying to take or buy more is a gamble. I doubt many (any I hope) girls are willing to sell their off camera lives for a few bucks on Amazon.

This dude feels slighted because he tried to buy something that was not offered to him. He's not saying "I'm sad that she is with another guy." He's saying "That should be me or nobody because I gave her something." Bullshit. This is the same rampant douche attitude that leads men to believe paying for a date entitles them to sex. If a woman wants to trade her body for gift cards and Mcnuggets, that's her business, BUT it's ridiculous to assume that option is on the table for any woman you meet. :twocents-02cents:

McNuggets!
giggling.gif

CallMeWilliam said:
JickyJuly said:

You don't own a model when you pay for a private anymore than you own a movie when you buy a theater ticket. You own your experience watching it, but that's about it. But fundamentally, models provide a service, not a product, and services are not really "ownable."

JickyJuly said:
CallMeWilliam said:
JickyJuly said:
This feels like a stretch to me. If you buy a ticket to a concert, you don't then get to then follow the band home and monitor their bedroom activities.
I am not talking a sense of "right of ownership" or whatever you may think; I am talking about the idea of the flow of the purchase. Regardless if I am buying a physical object or part of your time for 10 minutes I still have made a payment that "should" get me some kind of "thing" for that payment. I could buy a gift card for Amazon EC2 it does not mean I get a physical server I only get time on the service. How is that different than a MFC model doing a “private” for a gift card? It's the idea that matters.

I am not trying to validate or take the “Hapless Member” side just pointing out your analogy is a bad one since you could compare MFC to any online store and it follows the same purchase flow, you browse, you decide, you pay for something you get something in return regardless if it’s a physical object or a model flashing her bewbs and if that is done with tokens or buying a gift card I don't see the difference.

Shaun__ said:
CallMeWilliam said:
JickyJuly said:

The are independent contractors. You are paying for a service, not the model.
Not sure how "independent contractor" has anything to do with JickyJuly's analogy... :?

CallMeWilliam said:
JickyJuly said:
CallMeWilliam said:
JickyJuly said:
This feels like a stretch to me. If you buy a ticket to a concert, you don't then get to then follow the band home and monitor their bedroom activities.
I am not talking a sense of "right of ownership" or whatever you may think; I am talking about the idea of the flow of the purchase. Regardless if I am buying a physical object or part of your time for 10 minutes I still have made a payment that "should" get me some kind of "thing" for that payment. I could buy a gift card for Amazon EC2 it does not mean I get a physical server I only get time on the service. How is that different than a MFC model doing a “private” for a gift card? It's the idea that matters.

I am not trying to validate or take the “Hapless Member” side just pointing out your analogy is a bad one since you could compare MFC to any online store and it follows the same purchase flow, you browse, you decide, you pay for something you get something in return regardless if it’s a physical object or a model flashing her bewbs and if that is done with tokens or buying a gift card I don't see the difference.
My analogy went along with hapless member's story properly, I feel. He wasn't complaining that he bought a gift card or gave tokens and didn't get a Skype or a video. He was complaining about what the model did in her free time. No matter what he gives her, he has NO rights to her off camera life. Disagree with me if you need to, but telling models you've bought them is no way to make friends.

JickyJuly said:
CallMeWilliam said:
JickyJuly said:
CallMeWilliam said:
JickyJuly said:

My analogy went along with hapless member's story properly, I feel. He wasn't complaining that he bought a gift card or gave tokens and didn't get a Skype or a video. He was complaining about what the model did in her free time. No matter what he gives her, he has NO rights to her off camera life. Disagree with me if you need to, but telling models you've bought them is no way to make friends.

Exactly. If he had purchased the gift card in exchange for a video or Skype and he did not receive what was paid for, I'd be on his side and would consider the model a scammer. But he expected the gift card to purchase the right to control her personal life. That's not what she was selling.

Trav said:
You don't own a model when you pay for a private anymore than you own a movie when you buy a theater ticket. You own your experience watching it, but that's about it.
Exactly I never said otherwise.
Trav said:
But fundamentally, models provide a service, not a product, and services are not really "ownable."
As I said before I am not talking about ownership here.

But can you not pay for that service with a gift card. And lets face it the UI for MFC pretty much mimics any online store. So JickyJuly's comment I quoted is actually true for the most part, you can buy "services" with a model for a gift card (basically money/tokens) and they are listed like commodities (MFC homepage).

And that was my point about her comment they kinda are as shitty as it sounds.

CallMeWilliam said:
Trav said:
You don't own a model when you pay for a private anymore than you own a movie when you buy a theater ticket. You own your experience watching it, but that's about it.
Exactly I never said otherwise.
Trav said:
But fundamentally, models provide a service, not a product, and services are not really "ownable."
As I said before I am not talking about ownership here.

But can you not pay for that service with a gift card. And lets face it the UI for MFC pretty much mimics any online store. So JickyJuly's comment I quoted is actually true for the most part, you can buy "services" with a model for a gift card (basically money/tokens) and they are listed like commodities (MFC homepage).

And that was my point about her comment they kinda are as shitty as it sounds.

All of this logic really depends on the member who is spending the money. To me, MFC is nothing like a store, because I'm not buying anything and I'm not expecting anything for the money I spend. You do realize that not everyone is expecting something, right?

Reactions: WickedTouch
Swirl said:
To me, MFC is nothing like a store, because I'm not buying anything and I'm not expecting anything for the money I spend. You do realize that not everyone is expecting something, right?
True dat, Swirly! Most of the time, when I am tipping, I'm just paying into a general pool that enables the fun of online entertainment, and not expecting anything more in return. Esxceptions include private/group sessions and things like pay-for-nude topics.

Most of the replies here focus on specifics of one unclear instance, but miss the bigger point.

Is it acceptable to lie and pretend to get money and tips? To some extent, that's what all cam models do, but I think when they start to pretend that they are in deep financial trouble/etc, they are crossing the line into being scammers.

It doesn't matter if they directly ask for donations. They are clearly lying with the intention of getting money. I've seen it happen, leaves a very bad taste of in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.