AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model searches

• Thread starter Deleted member 70347
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 70347

Hello. I have noticed that there are some models that do not show up in a search if I am not logged into the site (Streamate). Others, most, do. Is this a choice you can make as a model, to not show up in a search if the user is not logged in? I can type their full user name in the search window and it will not show up. Just curious, thanks!

They've either blocked you or closed their accounts. You can tell if it's the former by logging out and searching again. If they show in a logged out search then they've blocked your account. If you still can't find them in search when logged out then they've likely closed the account. It happens a fair bit. I've seen a few models vanish in the 8 months I've visited Streamate.

Not the case at all. I can visit them when I'm logged in, and they show up in searches when I'm logged in. They are active. They just don't show up in searches when I am not actually logged in. Most do.

I think I must have read your original post in a foreign language @BillH because despite reading it, I clearly didn't understand it and answered a completely different question. It's getting late. Clearly. :bag:

Hello. I have noticed that there are some models that do not show up in a search if I am not logged into the site (Streamate). Others, most, do. Is this a choice you can make as a model, to not show up in a search if the user is not logged in? I can type their full user name in the search window and it will not show up. Just curious, thanks!
I am honestly not sure what would cause this.

Perhaps there is a choice but not that I am aware of or have looked into.

I like maximum exposure so I would never make such a choice anyway. That said, I did just check my name (I am not logged in) and found it fine.

But you said they show up ok when you're logged in
Yes. I'm looking back in retrospect. It's a question I've meant to ask and just hadn't gotten around to it. Hasn't happened often. I just noticed it a couple of times in the past and was curious as to if it was a deliberate setting or if something else was up.

Nah. Sometimes if I'm checking out a model that I haven't seen before I like to look a little more closely and read their profile without having to worry about striking up a conversation.
If you are using chrome, browse while being logged in then right click the room and open in incognito mode. That way you can read their profile without having the pressure of conversation.

If you are using chrome, browse while being logged in then right click the room and open in incognito mode. That way you can read their profile without having the pressure of conversation.
It's actually one of the big design failures of Streamate. Sometimes you want to check something out in the model's profile without triggering a chat. Up until this recommendation, the only way I thought you could do that was when she was offline, which kind of defeats the purpose. e.g. I may want to check out photos before getting into something more, or check their schedule (although that's pretty useless anyway).

Reactions: Danicatillie
It's actually one of the big design failures of Streamate. Sometimes you want to check something out in the model's profile without triggering a chat. Up until this recommendation, the only way I thought you could do that was when she was offline, which kind of defeats the purpose. e.g. I may want to check out photos before getting into something more, or check their schedule (although that's pretty useless anyway).
from a model perspective who doesn't want to be outed/harassed by people they know while working, it's a great feature. because once someone who wants to harass sees they need to register a payment method, they will probably stop in their tracks.

all you members have to do is right-click into incognito mode. or not talk. im pretty sure most models are so used to the majority of members visiting their room bouncing in for a few minutes and leaving without uttering a word.

I guess I feel like it's rude to pop into a chat room while logged in and just ignore the model. If she greets me, I'm going to respond kindly.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I guess I feel like it's rude to pop into a chat room while logged in and just ignore the model. If she greets me, I'm going to respond kindly.
if its a for a few moments to read over the profile, i disagree. if it was say going on 5+ minutes, and not engaging when the model is trying to with you, then getting on rude.

there is nothing wrong with asking the model for a little more time to read over their profile if they try engaging immediately. most models will appreciate knowing you are taking the time to read their profile and are probably happy they dont have to repeat the same answers to FAQs that are easily answered in their profile. i know i LOVE it when members tell me they are reading my profile. i have it listed as my turnons lol.

if its a for a few moments to read over the profile, i disagree. if it was say going on 5+ minutes, and not engaging when the model is trying to with you, then getting on rude.

there is nothing wrong with asking the model for a little more time to read over their profile if they try engaging immediately. most models will appreciate knowing you are taking the time to read their profile and are probably happy they dont have to repeat the same answers to FAQs that are easily answered in their profile. i know i LOVE it when members tell me they are reading my profile. i have it listed as my turnons lol.
I second this. I appreciate, when members take the time to actually read my profile/ room topic and even more so, when you come in and say "hi, just reading your profile first".

But don't worry for taking a moment to read it, without saying anything either, as long as you aren't lurking for 5+ minutes, i personally don't mind and assume, that you are reading my profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.