AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models and Honesty

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You thought she was good and honest enough for your tokens to do this thing for you...
If you think she honestly made a mistake then why take the tokens back?

Also we cant, we just dont have an option for it.

I think I would be embarrassed and feel cheap to ask a model for a refund...surely there is something mutually agreeable the model could do to show her appreciation for the tip. Why make a fuss over spilled beer! If I thought it wasn't a mistake I would hide the model and move on. As you said caveat emptor prevails! MFC clearly states a tip is a tip no refunds.

cptn_jack said:
I think I would be embarrassed and feel cheap to ask a model for a refund...surely there is something mutually agreeable the model could do to show her appreciation for the tip. Why make a fuss over spilled beer! If I thought it wasn't a mistake I would hide the model and move on. As you said caveat emptor prevails! MFC clearly states a tip is a tip no refunds.

i have to agree....but then i've never tipped for something that was SO important that i'd even consider asking for a refund if the model couldn't or wouldn't do it for some reason.

fact is, while i've seen plenty examples of guys buying something specific, it just isn't in my "bag of reasons" for visiting camland.

Member: BB, do you get naked?
Model: No, not in public
Member: Even for 100000000000000000000 tokens?
Model: Nope, go PVT
Member: *TIPS 2000000000000000000000*
Member: Where's dat ass BB?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Model: *facepalm*
Model: Thanks BB *shakes naked tatas*
BAN HAMMER

This is how this should go...interchange Members interaction with whatever stupid shit you want. Models reactions are generally the same. IF she is feeling it, AND your a regular TIPPER, then MAYBE she MIGHT substitute a custom video or something, but like HELL if she is obligated cause a member can not read or comprehend the convo. If your that DERP, then surrender your debit card to the first person you see outside of your house and STFU. :thumbleft:

I don't think it can be said any better than what has been said since the start of this thread. Oy, "members" already complain about the most inane things a model does or does not do. Now add model controlled refunds and it would be like herding cats.

Speaking of which it is time to throw a penny on the tracks of this train and derail it with CAT PICTURES!!!!!!

24389824.jpg

When a guy asks
"Can I get the video for 200?"
"No, the video is 222 and its already half off, I can't give you a bigger discount.."
*guy tips 200*
"It was only 22 tokens different, can I have it anyway?"
UGH models, what should I do when guys try to do this to me? I know its only a small difference but it feels like I'm being bullied into a lower price and its not fair.

Jessi said:
When a guy asks
"No, the video is 222 and its already half off, I can't give you a bigger discount.."
*guy tips 200*
UGH models, what should I do when guys try to do this to me? I know its only a small difference but it feels like I'm being bullied into a lower price and its not fair.

Guys have done exactly the same thing to me. I say tough. That is the price, remind them that you cannot do a special deal for them as then it would be unfair for those who pay full price. Someone's done it before for a skype, I rather rashly accepted I'd do a skype show for 500 tokens once, the guy then tipped something like 450 saying "Actually this was all I had rather than 500" At the time I should have said, tough, that wasn't the deal. But I did the show, that guy in fact gave me problems with being extremely cheap/trying to get cheap shows afterwards. I ended up banning him. Unless someone is a regular/tips a lot then I will not allow for cheapness, and the only reason I'll ever deal with it from a regular is because I understand about token packages, so say if somethings 555 tokens, I get that buying a 550 token package is easier and it's only 5 tokens extra. I wouldn't do it for a non regular or someone who hasn't ever tipped before, even for the 5 tokens on principle. Nor would I give them a refund if they tried it. That's like trying to buy something off a person, the person says no, then throwing money in their face/putting it in their bank account and demanding it's yours. it does not work like that.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Jessi said:
When a guy asks
*guy tips 200*

This guy is a jackass. He asked; you answered his question clearly. Most likely he is trying to bully you; otherwise he's too stupid to live. Either way, you don't have to put up with it. I'd tell him no, and if he makes a fuss, ban his ass.

Jessi said:
When a guy asks
*guy tips 200*

Well, you sure as shit wouldn't owe him anything. If you wanted to go above and beyond what could be reasonably expected of you in a situation like that, you could make a note of the 200 he's tipped and tell him to tip you the other 22 when he has it and then give him the video. Or if you have any videos/pic sets that you sell for 200 or under, you could offer him them instead. But really, that would just be you being more awesome than you need to be (but it might lead to him coming back to spend more, I guess).
You wouldn't write a cheque out for $200 to pay a $222 bill, so really, he'd have no justification to tip 200 for a video that costs 222 and expect to actually get it. :twocents-02cents:

mynameisbob84 said:
You wouldn't write a cheque out for $200 to pay a $222 bill, so really, he'd have no justification to tip 200 for a video that costs 222 and expect to actually get it. :twocents-02cents:
Great point. I wish more guys on MFC understood this.
You can't pay a lower amount for something and expect to get it anyway. There's a reason a cam model has solid prices for everything, rather than saying 'Oh, you know, just tip me whatever you feel like for that video, it should be somewhere around 222 tokens but that's up to you, man.'
That's not how economy works, that's not how selling things works, and you can't have a successful business in the long run if you give discounts all the time, not because you want to, but because the member doesn't have enough tokens. I sometimes wish guys took MFC more seriously, for many models it's their only source of income as we all know. The guy who owns the little grocery store across the street doesn't just give you your food for $20 if you put stuff worth $22.20 in your shopping cart, and you don't expect him to.

LilyMarie said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Great point. I wish more guys on MFC understood this.
You can't pay a lower amount for something and expect to get it anyway. There's a reason a cam model has solid prices for everything, rather than saying 'Oh, you know, just tip me whatever you feel like for that video, it should be somewhere around 222 tokens but that's up to you, man.'
That's not how economy works, that's not how selling things works, and you can't have a successful business in the long run if you give discounts all the time, not because you want to, but because the member doesn't have enough tokens. I sometimes wish guys took MFC more seriously, for many models it's their only source of income as we all know. The guy who owns the little grocery store across the street doesn't just give you your food for $20 if you put stuff worth $22.20 in your shopping cart, and you don't expect him to.
Oh they understand it. They're either shameless enough to beg OR just get off on trying to bully their way to what they want. The dudes that ignore the word no or just tip less and assume girls will let it slide are some of my least favorite on MFC. So obnoxious. I hope most girls have the good sense to shoot them down, but it must work sometimes since it's so common. :think:

I guess it boils down to a good business relations,
will say the girl wants to get tokens and the guys want something in return...

If there is a misunderstanding I would try to get a solution with the girl and if that fails that means for me she just lost a paying customer and I look for another girl.....

There are a lot of clowns on MFC but part of the job as camgirl is to figure out to keep paying tippers happy and drawing a clear line when some guys try something funny....

Just my 2 cents..
:)

BobbyB said:

If there is a misunderstanding I would try to get a solution with the girl and if that fails that means for me she just lost a paying customer and I look for another girl.....

There are a lot of clowns on MFC but part of the job as camgirl is to figure out to keep paying tippers happy and drawing a clear line when some guys try something funny....

Just my 2 cents..

But it's not as black and white as that. Often we want a tipper to leave as they cause issues for us/make us lose money. If a guy is a tipper yet tries pushing us to do things like refunds, or even asks/expects a refund then I'd rather not have them in my room. It's like guys who accidentally delete videos they buy and expect to get new ones sent to them, the decent guys won't ask that. I've had a guy re buy videos before because he's deleted them by mistake, I never even asked him to do that.

Isabella_deL said:
BobbyB said:

Just my 2 cents..

But it's not as black and white as that. Often we want a tipper to leave as they cause issues for us/make us lose money. If a guy is a tipper yet tries pushing us to do things like refunds, or even asks/expects a refund then I'd rather not have them in my room. It's like guys who accidentally delete videos they buy and expect to get new ones sent to them, the decent guys won't ask that. I've had a guy re buy videos before because he's deleted them by mistake, I never even asked him to do that.

I agree it is not all about tokens, so even if a big tipper causes you stress you are maybe better off without him in the room...

But your example is interesting;

I know a model quite well and I bought a password for one of her galeries, sometime later I was under the impression that the password was changed because I could not open the galery again. I asked her about it and she said the password is still the same, so I searched my mails and finally I was able to access the galery.
But lets assume I lost the password I would have expected that she give it to me again as she knew I already payed for it, if she would have asked me to pay for it again there would have been a problem....
Actually I would see a video along the same line, you can view it as "you lost it - your problem" but that could maybe cost you dearly if you pull that off with someone who normally gives you maybe a lot of tokens...

Jessi said:
When a guy asks
*guy tips 200*

Make him send another tip of 222. Not 22. 222.

Reactions: Jessi and JickyJuly
I more often than not teep models who i like, and expect nothing in return, so for me this would never be an issue, and even when i'm tipping for something I know the price its there on the screen!!

Refunds are a can of worms best left unopened and I cannot see any real reason why they would be needed

sweetiebatman said:
Refunds are a can of worms best left unopened and I cannot see any real reason why they would be needed

I agree, refunds would just hurt models. Most models keep their word, and the few who do not would never give a refund anyway.

BobbyB said:
But lets assume I lost the password I would have expected that she give it to me again as she knew I already payed for it, if she would have asked me to pay for it again there would have been a problem....
Actually I would see a video along the same line, you can view it as "you lost it - your problem" but that could maybe cost you dearly if you pull that off with someone who normally gives you maybe a lot of tokens...

It would obviously be different if someone consistently tips a lot, because technically they've already paid for the video several times over. But someone who tipped once could potentially be trying to get more vid links, and really, if you bought something from a shop, you couldn't go back to the shop and say "sorry I lost it" and expect they'd give it to you again. There's a new video link site that someone has posted up on here, and on there they charge models for each link they send. Members often don't think of it that way. If a member loses or deletes a video, why should the model pay for it and take time out of her day to resend the link?

I used to send my videos manually through filemail, meaning they took half an hour to an hour to send, or possibly even more! During this time my internet slowed down considerably, I didn't mind when I had less videos and less people bought them, but if members tried getting me to re send my videos then it would have been a considerable inconvenience.

Say a password that has not changed, well that's different. It's just a password, it takes no time out of my day to send it and it costs nothing so if you've already bought it, it's no skin off my nose if you forget it. (Also it's easier to forget a password than lose or delete an entire file).

Camming is a business and should be treated as any other business. The business states very clearly that they don't offer refunds and that you tip at your own risk. If you bought an item in a shop that doesn't offer refunds unless the item didn't work/was broken, if you then realised you bought the wrong thing you wouldn't be able to ask for the money back. If you lose something that is your own fault. I swear members expect too much of camgirls.

BobbyB said:
Isabella_deL said:
BobbyB said:

Just my 2 cents..

I agree it is not all about tokens, so even if a big tipper causes you stress you are maybe better off without him in the room...

I know a model quite well and I bought a password for one of her galeries, sometime later I was under the impression that the password was changed because I could not open the galery again. I asked her about it and she said the password is still the same, so I searched my mails and finally I was able to access the galery.

If a person bought a pic set or video, and legitimately lost access to it, I believe it's best to replace it for them. If they are acting all sorts of shady when they ask for it, however, I'm likely to call BS on them and ask them not to let the door hit their ass on their way out.

AmberCutie said:
BobbyB said:
Isabella_deL said:
BobbyB said:

Just my 2 cents..

If a person bought a pic set or video, and legitimately lost access to it, I believe it's best to replace it for them. If they are acting all sorts of shady when they ask for it, however, I'm likely to call BS on them and ask them not to let the door hit their ass on their way out.

If it was a regular of course I'd resend. But if its some guy who just popped in for the first time ever to buy a 50% off video and then left, I'd be pretty suspicious.

About resending stuff...

I am not sure which side I would fall on for this. iTunes lets me redownload music I bought from them if I lose it, but if I get a cd at the store and someone else steals it, I'm SOL.

I think it will depend on how well I know the member. If he's familiar, and has generally been a good customer, then I will probably resend. Otherwise, I can't even trust that he really did buy it in the first place. Honestly, do you have any clue how many times people have come to me on Streamate, asked to redownload that video they bought from me, when *I don't even sell videos on Streamate*. I'll ask, "how did you get the video?" and the answer is... "you sent me the link through this site". So I call them out on it.

I give my videos weird prices (57, 86, 123, 342) so it's easier to spot if I have this situation come up, but if I look and don't see that number in your history, I won't resend. If I don't see it because there are other tips showing up, then I'll resend. If it seems suspicious to me at all, I won't resend.

Well if the passwords were the same (she hadn't changed stuff) then how would you not have some record of it?

I recently had to do a brand new install because I had a hard drive failure so I lost all videos I'd ever downloaded along with all my other files. In every case (except one where the link had changed and after a quick MFC mail the model cheerfully sent me the updated one) I was able to download it because a) if she sent the link in MFC mail all the read mail is saved on MFC's end b) if she sent in pm, it's all saved in chat history, and c) if she sent by your regular email it should also be there. The only exceptions are if she's updated it in the meantime, or you gave out a non-webmail email address (I don't recommend it) and even then, only if your ISP doesn't save copies online.

Basically you'd have to try really hard not to have SOME record of the conversation, and in that case a polite request will most likely be well received.

ComicOzzie said:
Jessi said:
When a guy asks
*guy tips 200*

Make him send another tip of 222. Not 22. 222.

Yeah, if a model specifically says that an item costs x tokens in a SINGLE tip (I often put emphasis on 'single tip' in my topics), that means that you need to tip 222 in a single dose. NOT 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5, etc.

We have to do enough math as it is with updating our topless/naked countdowns and whatnot. Don't make our jobs any more difficult by tipping several 1-token tips, and expecting us to add it all up to see if you gave enough for that 200-token video you want. I really think some of the guys do this because they think it's funny to see us sitting there all confused, going "Wait a second...did I subtract that right?" LOL.

Sometimes on MFC I feel like I'm back in Math class...lol. If you know you want a 200 token item from a model, just tip her the 200 tokens in one dose, and don't be some wise guy who insists on tipping tons of 1 token tips to equal 200 tokens. :woops: Just tip the 200 tokens and put "For the ____ video" in a tip note.

Jessi said:
When a guy asks
*guy tips 200*

He's trying to see if he can get one over on you. Trying to see if he can get it for the cheaper price he is offering.

Now if it was 1 or 2 tokens, I might say let it slide. But knowing the price is higher than the lowest normal purchase price of tokens but only going for that price, he is trying to get one over on you.

Best to hold your ground, IMO. Unless maybe it's a regular you have a rapport with and who is a frequent tipper (even if not a big tipper). Because at least then you know he'll eventually get you the other tokens, and then some.

Any videos I've purchased, I paid the full asking price, or won through another means (game, etc.) from the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.