AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models and Social Media

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Which Social Media Platforms do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2023
New England
Twitter Username
@MidnightMarina
MFC Username
NightMarina
Chaturbate Username
MIdnightMarina
So I am just dipping my toes into the industry and am enjoying it quite a bit already. I have seen that others have social media accounts and I started making a Facebook but I've already run into some things that have me worried.

Like on Facebook, my stage name is Midnight Marina... they kicked it because it doesn't sound real enough so I just made it Marina Oceania but now I worry that it will confuse my patrons. I also heard mixed reports on Instagram and Twitter. I'm not that great with social media as it is and I want to go about it the right way...so my two major questions are this

1. Is Social Media worth the headache and effort?

2. Which sites are best to use and what to look out for.

I'm going to include a poll so if you don't want to write you can choose what sites you use or if you don't use any.

Reactions: MarieElise
Facebook is not meant to be an advertising platform for an adult model. Full stop. I'd suggest deleting that one immediately.

Social media is in a strange state right now, with crackdowns on adult content and Twitter having a bunch of changes and new/small/adult accounts getting even less exposure than before. But that said, Twitter is still the most welcoming place for adult models to interact and advertise. Instagram and TikTok are great but you have to be very careful about links you share and images you post.

Telegram I believe is used mostly between peers and not so much for marketing, but I don't use it and could be wrong.

So I am just dipping my toes into the industry and am enjoying it quite a bit already. I have seen that others have social media accounts and I started making a Facebook but I've already run into some things that have me worried.

Like on Facebook, my stage name is Midnight Marina... they kicked it because it doesn't sound real enough so I just made it Marina Oceania but now I worry that it will confuse my patrons. I also heard mixed reports on Instagram and Twitter. I'm not that great with social media as it is and I want to go about it the right way...so my two major questions are this

1. Is Social Media worth the headache and effort?

2. Which sites are best to use and what to look out for.

I'm going to include a poll so if you don't want to write you can choose what sites you use or if you don't use any.
I'm not a model, but an unsual way is to have a non-adult /mature youtube channel (cleaning videos around the home in tight outfits etc) with links to an adult Patreon channel, there you can post and advertise adult content. Someone I know does this it works well. The youtube channel is where you would look to harvest most of your membership.

Reactions: Chezza
Instagram is my bread and butter, I have 3 bigger accounts and 7 smaller which I’m not yet developed due to procrastination.

I also use TikToks but it’s been 50/50 lately.

Main con of IG is all the Indians, Pakistani etc. If it’s too many of them in your account it only gets pushed to that countries. They don’t have TikTok in that countries so TikTok audience is more likely to be USA, UK, Canada, Europe etc but TikTok is very strict guidelines and doesn’t push easy content as much - gotta be extra creative.

I have Twitter and it’s useless and it’s my smallest platform.

I also use Clapper (somewhat useful) and Lemon8 (useless).

I don’t use Facebook and actively fighting my impersonators on there. My reason to not use Facebook is because some my reels go very viral and it happened to pop up to some old friend of my husband from Facebook impersonator page. All dear to me people IRL know what I do, but I think there is no need to shook some elderly relatives of ours with my thrist traps 😅and that’s what elderly relatives like to do - sit on Facebook.

I only use twitter because I’m overwhelmed with too much work as it is. If I was going to use another it would be Instagram. I can’t be bothered with TikTok but I think others have had a lot of success with it, but you have to be prepared to be banned and keep having to make new accounts.

I did the telegram thing for a while but got super bored of it. It was a lot of super fast paced peer to peer shout outs, like for likes, review for reviews and only fans drops though. Lots of effort and not so much my style or brand of advertising. I’m sure it works for those into it though. Lots of ads for assistants and paid promo etc I tried a paid promo but it didn’t do anything for my OF. At least not at a pace that was worth the money.

I get more new followers myself, for free, if I just log onto MFC, and pump my OF link out there on my stream. Which mfc allows (unlike SM). Because of some shared ownership thing or something like that. I got Way more doing that than I ever got per day, paying someone for promo or pinned posts on their account.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chezza and D_A_X
This is all wonderful information and advice! I’ve been doing research all day and signed up fo chaturbate and mfc today. I also downloaded the cam app from lovense which I’m excited to start playing games with. Wicked start to shark week so I skipped going on today but I am working on getting twitter going. Never really used it before.

Thank you all for your input and advice!

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
This is all wonderful information and advice! I’ve been doing research all day and signed up fo chaturbate and mfc today. I also downloaded the cam app from lovense which I’m excited to start playing games with. Wicked start to shark week so I skipped going on today but I am working on getting twitter going. Never really used it before.

Thank you all for your input and advice!
A heads up, you have precisely 7 days to take advantage of the new tag on CB. The clock starts ticking the moment you are approved. The new tag is really important to get your channel out there.

Also, because of the new tag a lot of guys are going to rush your room trying to convince you to give the show they want to pay you (very little) for, stand your ground. I would also recommend not granting moderator privilege to anyone who asks/demands/pays you for it. They often try to tell the room you'll do X for N tokens without consulting you first.

Good luck!

an addition to Vixxen81s post, if you have been approved for longer time already, and just trying to setup and have maybe already lost the new tag, it IS possible to write to support at support@chaturbate.com and ask them if you can have the tag for a week. they usually comply with this if they can see you are indeed new and haven't really streamed much after the approving :)

Facebook: waste of time

Instagram - good especially if you are good with visual content

Twitter - my bread and butter

Telegram - not really a social media, more a messaging app. Some girls use it with their own channel - but I’m on there primarily for networking along with most others

Other stuff to try:
TikTok - way to go viral, you’ll need to make accts over and over though.
reddit

Reactions: Chezza
I used to use Twitter but it is a waste of time now and I won't support Elon Musk. I am keeping my account though as I have quite a few followers in the hope that something changes.
I'm currently trying to get my BlueSky some traction as it is much more pleasant to be on.
Reddit used to be great but not anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.