AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models Earnings

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Does a models earnings matter to you?

• I'm a model, I care if members know my income.

Votes: 42 41.2%
  • I'm a model, I do not care if members know my income.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I am more likely to tip if I think a model is struggling financially.

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • I am more likely to tip successful models.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • A models income is irrelevant to me.

Votes: 37 36.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bocefish said:
Does the scamscore pay your bills or the premiums?

It's ever changing how to balance between being a bitch and having a profitable good time.
:lol:

Thank you, bro. I needed a good laugh. This really made my night.

PlayboyMegan said:
UncleThursday said:
I personally don't care how much a model makes per month... unless it is being shoved down my throat in some form. Like models who towards the end of the pay period put up a token goal for the period in their topics, and knowing the math I see it's more than I make in a month. Then I might be less inclined to tip. I'm also less inclined to tip when a model starts complaining about the lack of tips. Like last night, I was going to tip one, but she started going off about how if she didn't get X amount of tokens in 3 minutes, she was logging off, and how it shouldn't be so hard to get that many tokens in those minutes. I moved away from the tip button, then, because I don't need that attitude thrown in my general direction.

But the models who just go with the flow, high earners or not, if I am enjoying their company and what they're doing, and I have tokens, then I'll tip. They may not be OMGBBQHOLYSHIT big tips, but I'll tip if I have the tokens available. I even am friendly with some high earners who get tips from me because I enjoy my time with them. My lower earning friends also get tips from me for the same reasons.
I've done this, but it's only after an extremely hard night and because of CS. I usually word it like, "okay guys, I've been on for two hours with only a 20tkn tip. I love spending time with you and I'm having loads of fun, but I really can't kill my CS. So I'm putting a 5min. Timer on. If we don't reach the goal of x, I'm going to have to log off, which I really don't want to do." it's not meant to be a threat, but CS has made it impossible to "go with the flow" Without letting my guys know what I'm going through. I want them to understand why I'm logging off and give them the chance to prevent it.

There's a difference between "I've been on for a few hours with little to no tips/groups/privates so if I don't get some soon, I'll have to log off" and someone who was getting tips from what I noticed in her topics when I opened her menu from the homepage, did at least a few privates and at least one group that I saw (I have her on my perv list, so I can see the icons for public/group/private) and then getting all uppity that her countdown wasn't finished and demanding a set amount of tokens in a short time, though.

She's earning decent money, so far. She's been on the site less than a month and made it into the top 100 in her first month (not sure if she stayed in it). There are many girls who have never made it to the top 100, so a new model getting there in her first month means she earned quite a bit.

It reminded me of the one girl who has been consistent top 20 for months, most often top 10 (she only wasn't in the top 20 1 month since she opened her new account in 2012) screaming at her room that her 10k-ish topic goal wasn't reached within 2 hours of her logging in and rage logged off. That's the sort of attitude that I don't need. No matter how hot a model is, she isn't hot enough for me to put up with basically temper tantrums.

I've seen when you have good days, Megan. I've seen when you have bad days. But I've never seen you scream at your room about the bad days... And that's the difference.

UncleThursday said:
PlayboyMegan said:
UncleThursday said:
I personally don't care how much a model makes per month... unless it is being shoved down my throat in some form. Like models who towards the end of the pay period put up a token goal for the period in their topics, and knowing the math I see it's more than I make in a month. Then I might be less inclined to tip. I'm also less inclined to tip when a model starts complaining about the lack of tips. Like last night, I was going to tip one, but she started going off about how if she didn't get X amount of tokens in 3 minutes, she was logging off, and how it shouldn't be so hard to get that many tokens in those minutes. I moved away from the tip button, then, because I don't need that attitude thrown in my general direction.

But the models who just go with the flow, high earners or not, if I am enjoying their company and what they're doing, and I have tokens, then I'll tip. They may not be OMGBBQHOLYSHIT big tips, but I'll tip if I have the tokens available. I even am friendly with some high earners who get tips from me because I enjoy my time with them. My lower earning friends also get tips from me for the same reasons.
I've done this, but it's only after an extremely hard night and because of CS. I usually word it like, "okay guys, I've been on for two hours with only a 20tkn tip. I love spending time with you and I'm having loads of fun, but I really can't kill my CS. So I'm putting a 5min. Timer on. If we don't reach the goal of x, I'm going to have to log off, which I really don't want to do." it's not meant to be a threat, but CS has made it impossible to "go with the flow" Without letting my guys know what I'm going through. I want them to understand why I'm logging off and give them the chance to prevent it.

There's a difference between "I've been on for a few hours with little to no tips/groups/privates so if I don't get some soon, I'll have to log off" and someone who was getting tips from what I noticed in her topics when I opened her menu from the homepage, did at least a few privates and at least one group that I saw (I have her on my perv list, so I can see the icons for public/group/private) and then getting all uppity that her countdown wasn't finished and demanding a set amount of tokens in a short time, though.

She's earning decent money, so far. She's been on the site less than a month and made it into the top 100 in her first month (not sure if she stayed in it). There are many girls who have never made it to the top 100, so a new model getting there in her first month means she earned quite a bit.

It reminded me of the one girl who has been consistent top 20 for months, most often top 10 (she only wasn't in the top 20 1 month since she opened her new account in 2012) screaming at her room that her 10k-ish topic goal wasn't reached within 2 hours of her logging in and rage logged off. That's the sort of attitude that I don't need. No matter how hot a model is, she isn't hot enough for me to put up with basically temper tantrums.

I've seen when you have good days, Megan. I've seen when you have bad days. But I've never seen you scream at your room about the bad days... And that's the difference.
You're superduper, Thursday.

I do believe that some women have a very warped view of camming, though. Many pretty and beautiful women look at top models, say, "hell, I'm as hot as her" and they assume that they will make as much money. In fact, I believe that some women feel they deserve as much money. If a model has never struggled in camland before, I can understand how easy it is to just expect the tokens to keep on flowing and how outraged she might be that she can't maintain 10k tokens an hour. It is very easy to acclimate to new, higher earnings and begin to expect them.

I also think that for a while there, there are so many different girls with so many different ideas of what to charge.

A lot of the time, when I first started, I never ever asked for tips ever, because I had no idea what to ask for and it embarassed me. The most I ever said was "If you can help out, do!"

Also I couldn't find a girl who did what I did who wasn't from an eastern european country, and therefore charged very little.
So I tanked my 1000 down to 500 really fast. I had quite a few guys who weren't into the fetish I was catering to tip me small amounts just cause they thought I was awesome! Which made me pretty damn excited.

But then some insults, some bad posts on a fet related board, and some bad treatment made me move away from it. I am now a very vanilla camgirl!

I'm saying that if you know the girl is usually great, or she is new, try not to get mad at her if she cuts it short. I only did that ungracefully once, and that was because I had to get off and cry. I had set a token value for a public show that was a lot less than what it would cost to buy a "good" quality video of it in the field it was in. I had all my regulars there, and none of them were tipping. I was smoking, as usual, and one guy tipped me to have me french inhale, and that the tip did not count towards my countdown. I was running a low countdown for a french inhale multiple show, and that snapped me.

I very quietly said I was getting off, switched off the cam and had a good cry. Then I decided to be a lot more vanilla and struggled to price my first show.
I did it twice Friday, once I had priced it too high and everyone was asleep, second I didn't make it but I got way more exposure and had a great time. There is always the negative devil in your head wondering why you can, for example, see a girl ride a sybian in public and set her goal at 6000 tokens. She got it in less than half an hour too. She was so popular she didn't really interact with her room at all either. But you can't make a 1000 countdown.nh

So sometimes it is hard to know, and I am speaking on behalf of all those girls who might have lost their temper, like me in the example above. I didn't mean it, and sometimes they don't either!

Reactions: LadyLuna
Evvie said:
You're superduper, Thursday.

I do believe that some women have a very warped view of camming, though. Many pretty and beautiful women look at top models, say, "hell, I'm as hot as her" and they assume that they will make as much money. In fact, I believe that some women feel they deserve as much money. If a model has never struggled in camland before, I can understand how easy it is to just expect the tokens to keep on flowing and how outraged she might be that she can't maintain 10k tokens an hour. It is very easy to acclimate to new, higher earnings and begin to expect them.

I agree that some models may have a skewed view of camming. Especially if they never struggled to earn at it. But, it's just not realistic to always expect every day to be 5k+ tokens an hour on MFC, or however other sites do it. That's a LOT of money per hour, and expecting it every single time one logs in is going to lead to disappointment at some point.

I guess the closest analogy to camming might be owning a bar. Thurs-Sat it might bring in tons of money if it's a popular bar. But Sun-Wed it might not bring in enough to barely break even for those days. The bar owner knows for most of the week, he/she isn't bringing in a lot, but then the weekends it can bring in a ton of money and be full of customers. Expecting every day to be like Friday or Saturday night in the bar business is going to lead to disappointment.

And it's kind of the same with camming. Some days the model may bring in an epic fuckton of money. But that generally isn't going to happen every single day for most models.

Plus, both girls mentioned were young. The 10k in 2 hours not being reached girl is only 19. The girl from the other day is only 20. And, yes, when you're that young and you start seeing that kind of money, it can go to your head pretty fast; and one might expect it to always be like that.

But, camming isn't like a normal hourly job. It's not like you get a few bucks an hour raise and see it on your paycheck and know it's coming every pay period. Some days it's going to be epic and those checks are going to be huge. Other times, it might be slow and suddenly those checks might not be as big as one was expecting. It's a constant up and down. Even consistent top earners don't necessarily earn the same every pay period; some months are just slower than others.

Making a lot early on in camming is great. But every model has to realize that it might not always be like that every time she logs on.

Personally, though I can never remember being taught exactly this, I feel it is some kind of rude for anyone to pay attention to anyone else's financial matters, unless they have a proper need to. Though I am a bit curious at times, and have a basic idea of what different Models make, I feel it is none of my business.

I likewise feel it is some kind of rude, or crass for members to publicly discuss how much they tip, both high and low. Why a large percentage of my tips are ninja tips. I understand these things are going to come up now and then in general, and don't think they need to be some great taboo, but that they become bad taste when the line is crossed and their discussion becomes more exact.

I have a sister in law and brother who practice the most appalling behavior when it comes to these things. At large family gatherings, or dinner parties they will talk of how much they paid for their new Mercedes SUV, or complain of the higher tax bracket they are in due to their combined yearly income. It makes me embarrassed for them.

I understand my POV on this is extreme, because I see currency and the class division it creates as a HUGE rudeness. I also understand that this is the world we live in. I furthermore fear that greed and money, and the procived need to gather material wealth will be the destruction of mankind's society in the developed world, but that is a whole different thread or three. My :twocents-02cents: , ( how fitting!)

camstory said:
Personally, though I can never remember being taught exactly this, I feel it is some kind of rude for anyone to pay attention to anyone else's financial matters, unless they have a proper need to. Though I am a bit curious at times, and have a basic idea of what different Models make, I feel it is none of my business.

I likewise feel it is some kind of rude, or crass for members to publicly discuss how much they tip, both high and low. Why a large percentage of my tips are ninja tips. I understand these things are going to come up now and then in general, and don't think they need to be some great taboo, but that they become bad taste when the line is crossed and their discussion becomes more exact.

I have a sister in law and brother who practice the most appalling behavior when it comes to these things. At large family gatherings, or dinner parties they will talk of how much they paid for their new Mercedes SUV, or complain of the higher tax bracket they are in due to their combined yearly income. It makes me embarrassed for them.

I understand my POV on this is extreme, because I see currency and the class division it creates as a HUGE rudeness. I also understand that this is the world we live in. I furthermore fear that greed and money, and the procived need to gather material wealth will be the destruction of mankind's society in the developed world, but that is a whole different thread or three. My :twocents-02cents: , ( how fitting!)

brilliant! i know exactly what you mean... i once had a conversation with my ex- sister inlaw about how bad she felt after having to pay for two mortgages... because they bought a house before selling the other one...
wel doooh bitch... why did you buy a bigger house.. when you allready owned a 3 bedroom house... with having one kid? :woops:
she was totally shocked that she had to cut down her grocerie expense from 200 euro to 150 per week
fuck... whaat? i have an 250 euro grocerie expense PER MONTH

on topic... i truely believe that most models who are in the higher earning category... work hard to be there
but i also feel that alot of the lower earning models still work hard to never get there
honestly... i feel this has to do with beeing more or less organized.. and having more or less experience in marketing, plus the luck of the draw thing
so that beeing said... no it doesn't tell me anything if a girl is making 10.000 or 100 tokens per night... if i enjoy spending time with her, i enjoy spending time with her
but i also appreciate a 50 token tip with a sweet note alot more then a 500 token tip that has a note like 'mm shove pencil in ass bb'

money doesn't mean shit to me... if it did... i would probably work 12 hour shifts to make up for my 9000 euro study debt :whistle:

edit to add: :woops: ofcourse i forgot to mention that girls are just fucking hot as well... was beeing too technical about it :lol:

camstory said:
I feel it is some kind of rude for anyone to pay attention to anyone else's financial matters, unless they have a proper need to. Though I am a bit curious at times, and have a basic idea of what different Models make, I feel it is none of my business.

I likewise feel it is some kind of rude, or crass for members to publicly discuss how much they tip, both high and low.

This. Every time I went into a specific model's room, her high rollers were always bragging about how much they recently tipped, or bragging about how they took her on an hour-long private, etc. Even when she went private, they were sitting there talking about the previous private shows they had done with her. I imagine that guys like that would be a little intimidating to others in the room. And the one guy's profile is like a shrine for that model...it's creepy. LOL. His profile has over 30 screenshots of tips he gave her, and photos of her all over his profile, which include his profile background image.

Reactions: camstory
The_Brown_Fox said:
camstory said:
I feel it is some kind of rude for anyone to pay attention to anyone else's financial matters, unless they have a proper need to. Though I am a bit curious at times, and have a basic idea of what different Models make, I feel it is none of my business.

I likewise feel it is some kind of rude, or crass for members to publicly discuss how much they tip, both high and low.

This. Every time I went into a specific model's room, her high rollers were always bragging about how much they recently tipped, or bragging about how they took her on an hour-long private, etc. Even when she went private, they were sitting there talking about the previous private shows they had done with her. I imagine that guys like that would be a little intimidating to others in the room. And the one guy's profile is like a shrine for that model...it's creepy. LOL. His profile has over 30 screenshots of tips he gave her, and photos of her all over his profile, which include his profile background image.

that's really creepy... i can't imagine a girl who would appreciate it :?

Reactions: camstory
TashaDutch said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
camstory said:

that's really creepy... i can't imagine a girl who would appreciate it :?
A bit off topic, but yea creepy is a word that finds an above average use in the description of users of camland I fear. :eek: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.