AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models Earnings

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Does a models earnings matter to you?

• I'm a model, I care if members know my income.

Votes: 42 41.2%
  • I'm a model, I do not care if members know my income.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I am more likely to tip if I think a model is struggling financially.

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • I am more likely to tip successful models.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • A models income is irrelevant to me.

Votes: 37 36.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayboyMegan

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 15, 2011
There has been a lot of talk about models earnings on here. If the members know how much she makes, if they would be less/more likely to tip. I wanted to create a poll to get some numbers on the matter and maybe clear up possible misconceptions on what the members on here think and how many models on here care whether or not people know about their earnings.

As a model: I know many of my regulars can guestimate (If they actually are interested and care enough) approximately what I make each month/year just from seeing the flow of my usual token goals for each day/week/month. I have shared with some of them what a daily token goal is when I'm attempting top 20, and what my "magic numbers" mean from time to time when I'm trying hard to hit a goal. But I don't really feel comfortable just spouting out "oh yes I make xyz a day/month/year". I did do an AmA on Reddit about a year and a half ago and stated that I made over an approximate amount. While I was a little hesitant to do so, I felt like it was a good opportunity to share as honest of a Q&A as I could to show that it can be a profitable and positive thing. And I don't feel I should ever be ashamed of the income I make, as I feel I work hard in many ways to hold on to the success I've created for myself.

I feel I am somewhere in between the mindset of "I earn enough to justify the risks and efforts I put in" and "I am proud of how much I make". I think it's a good balance, and I hope that my regular members will always feel comfortable with how I approach the subject.

As a member: (Since I have been a premium member even longer than a model, I have done my share of tipping and spending time perving.) I don't care how much a model makes. If she entertains me, or makes me smile, or impresses me with a certain talent or epic beauty, I will tip her and join in a group on occasion. I have tended to stay toward the more popular girls' rooms, as I enjoy a busy environment where I can just blend in with other chatty regulars and not be one of the few premiums in the room. It's just a comfort level. I am more entertained by busy rooms, not necessarily "richer" models, but the way the popular rooms and camscores work, it just works out that way that I guess.

I don't feel more or less inclined to tip a model based on her need of the money outright, though. I know some people thrive on feeling like they are making a big difference in a girls financial situation (hence all the stories you hear of guys paying girls' rent and bills, etc.) so that's fine if a portion of the members on a camsite gravitate toward lower earning rooms for that reason. But I do wish that a girls' financial situation wasn't held against her. If a girl is entertaining you, you're getting something from her, and I feel you should at some point, and in some way/amount, repay her for what she's provided you, regardless of if she owns a $1M home in Malibu or lives in the low-income apartment building in the inner city, or a $800/month rental house in the middle of nowhere.

Needing money and deserving it are too often confused as the same thing, but they are very different flavors.

Makes no difference to me, yo. If I tip you, it's because I enjoy your company. Your monthly earnings have no impact on whether I'm gonna enjoy your company or not.
I'm not Robin Hood (though I'd probably look pretty good in tights :dance:) and I don't think it's particularly noble to give less to the higher-earning models and more to the lesser-earning models if I'm getting the same interaction from both.

That's like downloading the latest Bruce Springsteen album without paying for it because he's already rich and doesn't need any more money and then buying the latest Guided By Voices album because the members of the band that aren't Bob Pollard need to eat, dammit. If I'm listening to both albums, then both artists deserve to be compensated for their efforts regardless of whether one has more money than the other.

Plus, models aren't charity cases and stuff :twocents-02cents:

Like people have said, i don't actually care what a model earns, the basic "traits" that are going to keep me in the room are if she is a good conversationalist and if she is "genuine" (i know this means different things to different people) It would be quite different if i had just met that model though however. The degree of trust is key for me when tipping

I don't personally care what a model makes.

I think some of the stigma comes from the guys who maybe follow a model early on in her camming career, then after she becomes more popular they don't like her anymore because she's "too big" now or something.

Kinda like when someone is following an indie band and then they hit the big time and are super popular, people who have followed from the beginning start calling them sellouts.

None of it makes sense to me.

I have been around sites for years (sadly) and have seen it a hundred times.

Just because a model is super successful isn't going to make me more or less likely to tip her. I have tipped models that have been #1 on miss MFC and I have tipped models that never even sniffed the top 200. I tip what I enjoy plain and simple :)

I couldn't care less UNLESS models:

A) Are stuck up about it and flaunts that her $50k Mercedes is in the shop.

or

B) Shows her past due gas and electric bills... begging for pity party sympathy tips.

I've experienced both sides of the spectrum and not why most people come to sites like MFC. Total turn-offs.

It's not exactly rocket science to figure out that a model's scamscore is a halfway decent indicator of how well she's doing financially.

Reactions: Just Me
Bocefish said:
I couldn't care less UNLESS models:

A) Are stuck up about it and flaunts that her $50k Mercedes is in the shop.

or

B) Shows her past due gas and electric bills... begging for pity party sympathy tips.

I've experienced both sides of the spectrum and not why most people come to sites like MFC. Total turn-offs.

It's not exactly rocket science to figure out that a model's scamscore is a halfway decent indicator of how well she's doing financially.

A) doesn't bother me, but B) I certainly agree with. I really dislike the claim of poverty when they have only worked a few hours in the pay period then show up on the 15th or the last day of month crying about not being able to pay bills.

The popularity of the model shouldn't matter, but when I first time see a model, I'm probably more likely to tip not-so-popular girl simply because the room is more quiet and she has more time for chatting in PM, watch cams etc. If you follow a model early on, then it shouldn't matter even when she becomes popular, because you're already 'friends'.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Kunra9
starsign said:
The popularity of the model shouldn't matter, but when I first time see a model, I'm probably more likely to tip not-so-popular girl simply because the room is more quiet and she has more time for chatting in PM, watch cams etc. If you follow a model early on, then it shouldn't matter even when she becomes popular, because you're already 'friends'.

You're completely right.

However, like in your example... You go into the room, not too busy, have a nice conversation in PM, you share some tips or some pvts even. Becomes one of your favorite rooms, you visit often.

Six months later she has become quite popular. She rarely accepts privates anymore and only occasionally talks to you in PM simply because she doesn't have the time. A lot of focus is being put into her public shows. This is where many members become a bit grumpy and think the model has sold out and doesn't care about them anymore. When it's really not the case, it's just different times for her now. Back then you were maybe 1 of 15 or 20 regular customers she had and so she had plenty of time to focus on just you. Now she has roughly 200 semi-regular/regular customers, and at any given time her free chat may have 500 people in it all clamoring for her attention.

She probably still considers you a friend, she hasn't forgotten you or anything, she just has less time.

The only thing that really bothers me when finances come in to tipping are when people assume lower camscore models work harder and therefore are more deserving of tips.

Every career cammodel works hard. On MFC, I worked very hard. But I have never put in so much effort on MFC as top models have to.

I am constantly amazed at how hard (for example) Amber works during her MegaMonths and how time-consuming and exhausting it is to plan for and execute a top 20 or even top 100 month. I remember another model saying that during her top 20 month(s), she had to hire a maid because she literally didn't have time to so much as do the dishes. I remember watching a particular model when her camscore was in the 2-3k range, and now that her camscore is in the 15k range, she works significantly harder and puts in more hours behind the scenes to keep on going.

Many high-earning models are not spoiled women who have it easy; they are just normal women finally enjoying some success, due to putting in 8 or 10 hours a day working their assess off to get where they are. Nor do higher-earning models necessarily have any less stress about making minimum goals to pay their bills. I know some models by name who were/are very popular and high earning, and who still lived paycheck to paycheck because their cost of living was so high, they had extreme debt to pay off, or because they had to support other people.

Yes, some high-earning models do have pretty nice lives with expensive cars and a big bank account. But I would wager that those women are the minority. Just because a model makes a lot of money overall doesn't mean she works less or that she will be "okay" if she doesn't meet her minimum goals.

To be honest, if I have a limited amount of tokens available and one of the 2-3 regular models I visit on MFC is in a bad patch regarding tips and shows - I am likely to spent my tokens on her and maybe perv as a guest in rooms from girls with a high camscore....

Maybe not perfectly fair, but that is how I see it...
:)

I went through the MFC perv stages
Stage 1: Only visit top models, they must be the best because they are at the top.
Stage 2: Visits page 3, feels bad, tips. 98% of the time a girl starts stalking me or is rude because I didn't tip enough.
Stage 3: Found ACF, realizes that the girls on here are the best and all have different CS. Only tip them. :p

PlayboyMegan said:
Stage 1: Only visit top models, they must be the best because they are at the top.
Stage 2: Visits page 3, feels bad, tips. 98% of the time a girl starts stalking me or is rude because I didn't tip enough.
Stage 3: Found ACF, realizes that the girls on here are the best and all have different CS. Only tip them. :p

For me, the stages were like:
Stage 1: Visit Asian women
Stage 2: Visit Megan
Stage 3: Visit Megan and her friends
Stage 4: Join ACF, realizes that the girls here are awesome and add them to my friends list. Tip them when I can :p

P.S. I still visit Megan a lot. :p

Models Earnings really wasn't an attraction for me. If I'm attracted to a model, I stick with her. The top models seem so super busy with other members--it wasn't easy to put a comment in where the model could read it or pay attention to it. I like the communication with the model I visit and get to know her. If the model is only interested in privates, I tend to back away from that room.

I am a fairly new model- about a month in, and I have a pretty low camscore.
There are a few reasons for that-
1) I came on MFC before I had ever cammed anywhere
2) I started catering to an obscure fetish
3) I am not yet at the stage where I can cam for 8-10 hours straight.- -3 hours is about as long as I can do it before shyness takes off and I have to get off cam and go breathe!

Yesterday I moved away from my fet stuff and did my first nude countdown. I didn't make it but I had tons of fun with a much wider audience that kept everything energized. It also took me a little while to work out fun things to do, and realize that for every hour I spend on cam, I spend the equivalent off, updating my site, making promised content, planning new shows etc.

For example yesterday I tied myself to my chair (I know, right. Setting it up had me laughing so hard I had to take a break and fix my makeup.) and the countdown started from there. Basic, but when you realize you have to start planning cool stuff you actually get a much bigger kick out of how fun it is. That's probably a noobs attitude, but it's true nonetheless.

Now, to the main point- you can tell from my camscore that my earnings are low. I like to be chatty, but I will bring the conversation back to my topic and goals non offensively. Yet I took a couple of weeks break from camming because I had a lot of guys come into my room expecting me to beg for tips, while that annoys others. That said, I hate when people see my cs and start a conversation about money in my room, either to embarass me or make me into a girl that "needs their help". For two reasons- 1. No-one ever tips me when the how much do you make? question is thrown at me, and 2) I might not make a lot but I get a lot of personal pride out of being entertaining- it just so happens I do it with my boobs out. Nothing is more offensive than calling me a cash whore because I have a low cs.

As for how I'd tip, I haven't been able to often. But that said I do have a list of girls with whom I have spent time so I make sure that when I can, I do. Some of you ladies are amazing. I also always make sure to rate and admire, and if I find a great girl with a low room count I sometimes promote her in the lounge.

Camille13 said:
3) I am not yet at the stage where I can cam for 8-10 hours straight.- -3 hours is about as long as I can do it before shyness takes off and I have to get off cam and go breathe!

Don't worry. 8 hours straight on a 'free chat' (public chat) cam site (such as MFC or Streamate) is a really long time! :shock: I think 3 hours straight is the norm. I don't know of many models who do 8 hours straight. I've heard of some MFC models doing an occasional cam-a-thon. I did 16 - 17 hours straight on MFC ONE time.

PlayboyMegan said:

Sounds exactly like my own perv stages...

The_Brown_Fox said:
Camille13 said:

Don't worry. 8 hours straight on a 'free chat' (public chat) cam site (such as MFC or Streamate) is a really long time! :shock: I think 3 hours straight is the norm. I don't know of many models who do 8 hours straight. I've heard of some MFC models doing an occasional cam-a-thon. I did 16 - 17 hours straight on MFC ONE time.
Just to throw this in there for future people reading through this thread, in my original post when I said some models work eight or ten hours a day, I didn't mean entirely on live cam! Good god, how exhausting :shock: These ladies work behind the scenes as well, and even if they are only on cam live for three hours, from dawn till dusk they are likely involved in some aspect of behind-the-scenes camming. I'm trying not to speak for every top model, but in general it seems like the ones who are reaching for high goals are working all day, whether or not they are on cam.

To the people that are more likely to tip if a model is "financially struggling" how do you determine this? Is it by cam score or just the general feel of the room? If it's by cam score what is the cutoff for struggling? I'm just curious.

Reactions: LadyLuna
victor0021 said:
To the people that are more likely to tip if a model is "financially struggling" how do you determine this? Is it by cam score or just the general feel of the room? If it's by cam score what is the cutoff for struggling? I'm just curious.

If you are a data guy you can check this website, this girl is for example NOT struggling:
http://mycamgirl.net/myfreecams/model/TwistedKit
about 60 hours in free chat and about 16 hours payed time group / private

A friend of mine is doing 180 hours in free chat and has 8 hours payed time and the camscore dropped from close to 3000 to 1100.
I spent also a lot of time in her room and she had some big tippers who disappeared for whatever reason....So I see her as struggling...

I see camming as a kind of job and the relation between time online and payed time gives me an indication how a model is doing..

BobbyB said:
victor0021 said:

If you are a data guy you can check this website, this girl is for example NOT struggling:

A friend of mine is doing 180 hours in free chat and has 8 hours payed time and the camscore dropped from close to 3000 to 1100.
I spent also a lot of time in her room and she had some big tippers who disappeared for whatever reason....So I see her as struggling...

I see camming as a kind of job and the relation between time online and payed time gives me an indication how a model is doing..

Camming is a job, is it not? While I'm sure, for some it's a hobby and a potentially fun way of making some extra spending money, for the majority (I'm guessing) it's a job that pays the bills.

Also, I would question the merit of sitting down and working out which cam girls are "struggling" the most. :twocents-02cents:

mynameisbob84 said:
BobbyB said:
victor0021 said:

Camming is a job, is it not?
While I'm sure, for some it's a hobby and a potentially fun way of making some extra spending money, for the majority (I'm guessing) it's a job that pays the bills.

Also, I would question the merit of sitting down and working out which cam girls are "struggling" the most. :twocents-02cents:

For the record I happily agree that camming is a proper job, I was just referring to the relation of time invested / and financial return....

I am surely not sitting there and try to find out who is struggling or not, but when I have limited resources and 2 girls I like equal I consider the circumstances..

BobbyB said:
the relation between time online and payed time gives me an indication how a model is doing..

The thing is, just because a model is in free chat doesn't necessarily mean she's not getting paid. Plenty of models don't take privates or groups, but make enough money off of tips.

Camscore is a function of how much a model gets paid per hour she has been streaming on camera. They take the average of that over 60 days and divide it by the average tokens/hour of all the models on the site over the past 60 days, then make it so the average model's camscore should be 1000.

What it does NOT say anything about is how much money that model needs to survive vs how much money she's actually making. A model living in New York is going to need more money than a model living in North Carolina. It also doesn't say anything about how long she's actually working, and MyCamGirl.net's stats on how long the girl has been working is very off in a lot of cases. Some girls have gotten on for 5 minutes and seen their MCG page say they were on for 2 hours. If that happens 20 times a month, then you've got a whole 38 hours and some minutes that she never worked in your stats. Even if she's only getting an average of $10 an hour, your calculations could be off by as much as $380 per month!

(also, it has gone the other way, where a girl worked for a few hours but MCG only caught one of them.)

LadyLuna said:
BobbyB said:
the relation between time online and payed time gives me an indication how a model is doing..

The thing is, just because a model is in free chat doesn't necessarily mean she's not getting paid. Plenty of models don't take privates or groups, but make enough money off of tips.

Camscore is a function of how much a model gets paid per hour she has been streaming on camera. They take the average of that over 60 days and divide it by the average tokens/hour of all the models on the site over the past 60 days, then make it so the average model's camscore should be 1000.

What it does NOT say anything about is how much money that model needs to survive vs how much money she's actually making. A model living in New York is going to need more money than a model living in North Carolina. It also doesn't say anything about how long she's actually working, and MyCamGirl.net's stats on how long the girl has been working is very off in a lot of cases. Some girls have gotten on for 5 minutes and seen their MCG page say they were on for 2 hours. If that happens 20 times a month, then you've got a whole 38 hours and some minutes that she never worked in your stats. Even if she's only getting an average of $10 an hour, your calculations could be off by as much as $380 per month!

(also, it has gone the other way, where a girl worked for a few hours but MCG only caught one of them.)

That is why I said indication......
I was just answering to a post asking about possible hints if a model could be "struggling".....

I have only a couple of model "friends" and normally don't need any "data" to determine if I tip or not..

BobbyB said:
victor0021 said:

My post was asking how someone determined a model was struggling and thus decided to tip them or not, but thanks for the response. I don't care how much a model makes and is what I selected. I was curious about the answers as to why it mattered.

I personally don't care how much a model makes per month... unless it is being shoved down my throat in some form. Like models who towards the end of the pay period put up a token goal for the period in their topics, and knowing the math I see it's more than I make in a month. Then I might be less inclined to tip. I'm also less inclined to tip when a model starts complaining about the lack of tips. Like last night, I was going to tip one, but she started going off about how if she didn't get X amount of tokens in 3 minutes, she was logging off, and how it shouldn't be so hard to get that many tokens in those minutes. I moved away from the tip button, then, because I don't need that attitude thrown in my general direction.

But the models who just go with the flow, high earners or not, if I am enjoying their company and what they're doing, and I have tokens, then I'll tip. They may not be OMGBBQHOLYSHIT big tips, but I'll tip if I have the tokens available. I even am friendly with some high earners who get tips from me because I enjoy my time with them. My lower earning friends also get tips from me for the same reasons.

Even models I have never been with before get tips from me if they're doing something I like, or seem to have a good personality. Like last night, a model I had never seen before was playing Skyrim, so I ended up tipping the 20 or so tokens I had on me to her while she played and was asking questions about the game and such. Another model has some awesome Doctor Who posters, so just for those I sent her some small tips for liking Doctor Who when I saw her a few weeks back.

I've even gone into some ACF models' rooms to say hi and just dropped a quick small tip to say hi. Some of them even recognize me from here as soon as I say hi, before I tip.

So, like most, my reasons for tipping are varied. Maybe I just enjoy the model's room/company. Maybe I'm a bit horny and am tipping towards a show. Maybe I just happened to notice her on the homepage and saw something interesting in her topic or on her preview image. Maybe she's playing some music I like (Hi Iris, the anon tip singing the song you were listening to last night was me from the lounge :p ). If I have the tokens, and they aren't for a private I am planning, then I have no problems tipping, no matter how much the model earns.

UncleThursday said:
I'm also less inclined to tip when a model starts complaining about the lack of tips. Like last night, I was going to tip, but she started going off about how if she didn't get X amount of tokens in 3 minutes, she was logging off, and how it shouldn't be so hard to get that many tokens in those minutes. I moved away from the tip button, then, because I don't need that attitude thrown in my general direction.

But the models who just go with the flow, high earners or not, if I am enjoying their company and what they're doing, and I have tokens, then I'll tip. They may not be OMGBBQHOLYSHIT big tips, but I'll tip if I have the tokens available.

Well said :thumbleft:

When models regularly get to the point where they are demanding tips, or else... is when they should probably reevaluate what they're doing and if it's working for them.

:twocents-02cents:

UncleThursday said:
I personally don't care how much a model makes per month... unless it is being shoved down my throat in some form. Like models who towards the end of the pay period put up a token goal for the period in their topics, and knowing the math I see it's more than I make in a month. Then I might be less inclined to tip. I'm also less inclined to tip when a model starts complaining about the lack of tips. Like last night, I was going to tip one, but she started going off about how if she didn't get X amount of tokens in 3 minutes, she was logging off, and how it shouldn't be so hard to get that many tokens in those minutes. I moved away from the tip button, then, because I don't need that attitude thrown in my general direction.

But the models who just go with the flow, high earners or not, if I am enjoying their company and what they're doing, and I have tokens, then I'll tip. They may not be OMGBBQHOLYSHIT big tips, but I'll tip if I have the tokens available. I even am friendly with some high earners who get tips from me because I enjoy my time with them. My lower earning friends also get tips from me for the same reasons.
I've done this, but it's only after an extremely hard night and because of CS. I usually word it like, "okay guys, I've been on for two hours with only a 20tkn tip. I love spending time with you and I'm having loads of fun, but I really can't kill my CS. So I'm putting a 5min. Timer on. If we don't reach the goal of x, I'm going to have to log off, which I really don't want to do." it's not meant to be a threat, but CS has made it impossible to "go with the flow" Without letting my guys know what I'm going through. I want them to understand why I'm logging off and give them the chance to prevent it.

Bocefish said:
Does the scamscore pay your bills or the premiums?

It's ever changing how to balance between being a bitch and having a profitable good time.
Technically the prems. However, if I don't have a good CS, I don't get traffic. If I don't get traffic, I don't get tips, if I don't get tips, I can't pay my bills.
So keeping my CS high is vital to paying my bills. I don't have the energy for 14hour shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.