AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models not in the room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2021
So my question is, i am a user and quite often find i am 'blanked' by models. They are usually in a studio.
When you check the users they are not present in the room? Guessing they use multiple sites at once. Do I report them or just let it be and find someone else?

Yeah, I've seen the same thing a few times. Not sure what that is. Some type of glitch where you get the video/audio feed but not the chat/users. Maybe some disconnect between servers or something.

Upvote 0
The video window appears to run independently of the chat window. The user list and PM window are tied to the chat window. It is entirely possible that a broadcaster could be actively transmitting and not appear in the chat user list or the chat room itself. I have often witnessed this happen, on many occasions. When it happens during a PM with the error "<user> has left the room", and then a moment later the person returns allowing you to continue chatting. The entire time this happens, their video continues to broadcast uninterrupted. I am sure many chatty Mods could attest to this. The same can be seen in reverse, when the video will have issues while chat does not. These kind of disconnects are common and not a reason to report someone and possibly ruin their only source of income.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
Yes, that's along the same lines as my reply above.

You can show this too by joining a room twice. Join once as normal. Join again in another tab. The first tab then will show a message saying "You were disconnected because you have joined this room again." but will continue to run the video/audio. If you close the second window, then you'll still be displaying video/audio in the first but chat and the user list will not update. You will not appear in the list of users to those in the room. Various disconnects can cause the same.

The chat and user list appear to be tied to the user account. If anon, you can open as many tabs as you want to the same room and won't get the disconnected message and chat/user list will function normally.

The audio and video also appear to be separate streams. On mobile at times when I have a disconnect and go to restart the audio from the little icon, it will show "Connecting" again even though the video is playing and shows no reconnection. Separately, a couple of times I've seen (or heard rather) where someone ends their broadcast but I still could hear their audio for a long time after (kind of creepy but in this case I know them and told them at the time).

Last edited:
Reactions: cexmental
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.