AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models that have lost their magic?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambers Troll

Deactivated Account
May 15, 2014
Far away
No names, but as much detail as you want. What did she do to lose favour?
i.e. Spent on this model for 5 years, always fun pvt before she stole my tokens, and ripped me off.

Almost all of my models who lost favour come from an inconsiderate/ rude act, after a long term friendship.... lack of respect or appropriate attention loses favour so quickly with me. [and I am aware this is in one sense alot to ask of a model/ member relationship, but I need the right amount of both in about the right measure to enjoy someone]

The other thing is truly lovely models (about 7 come straight to mind), they struggle to keep me around as anything more than a sometimes tipper, and social distraction. My preference for strong, tough minded women as a turn on sadly restricted so many from my time on.

Aim of this topic and the other one ('what makes a popular model magic'), to explore some of the loves/ hates of camming [members perspective].

PunkInDrublic said:
When it starts to become clear that she is bitter, unhappy, and not enjoying camming anymore but still logs on and just kinda expects people to tip her. I guess that would be considered losing her magic? Idk happens to almost all models after awhile.

Yep, you're completely right, Punk. Burnout is really common in camgirls, and really the only way to get rid of it is to take some time off-cam to rest, relax, and focus on IRL things that make you happy, not just camming. The problem arises that most girls don't have the luxury of being able to take that time off so it just gets worse and worse. It really sucks, but I think burnout happens in most jobs, and to most people at least once in their life. It's just that in camming where you need to be cheerful and entertaining all the time, it shows more than in other careers.

That being said, being burnt out doesn't mean the girl has 'lost her magic', and the premise of this thread makes me really uncomfortable. I feel like it could very easily turn into a borderline 'name and shame' thread, and all it takes is one model (not necessarily verified; there are plenty of unverified models, and anyone could make an account) to think that a member is talking about her to make this thread a battleground.

I know that you're a self-proclaimed troll, but this is taking it a bit far, yes? :?

GemmaMoore said:
PunkInDrublic said:
When it starts to become clear that she is bitter, unhappy, and not enjoying camming anymore but still logs on and just kinda expects people to tip her. I guess that would be considered losing her magic? Idk happens to almost all models after awhile.

Yep, you're completely right, Punk. Burnout is really common in camgirls, and really the only way to get rid of it is to take some time off-cam to rest, relax, and focus on IRL things that make you happy, not just camming. The problem arises that most girls don't have the luxury of being able to take that time off so it just gets worse and worse. It really sucks, but I think burnout happens in most jobs, and to most people at least once in their life. It's just that in camming where you need to be cheerful and entertaining all the time, it shows more than in other careers.

That being said, being burnt out doesn't mean the girl has 'lost her magic', and the premise of this thread makes me really uncomfortable. I feel like it could very easily turn into a borderline 'name and shame' thread, and all it takes is one model (not necessarily verified; there are plenty of unverified models, and anyone could make an account) to think that a member is talking about her to make this thread a battleground.

I know that you're a self-proclaimed troll, but this is taking it a bit far, yes? :?
Burnout might account for many a good model losing her magic for sure.

Good point about the topic, but we should be safe, guess it is my head on the line though.... the conversation is worth the risk usually.
Am expecting some too much of a good thing replies later on, a few too successful for little old me replies, and a few turned off by game play. Losing magic does not mean that you even dislike someone, only that you no longer love what you used to about them.... conversation should be safe enough.

Perhaps any models replying would like to describe a time they have lost their magic on cam?

A few examples of when a model loses her magic to me.

-When she starts to talk to me like I'm a fan of hers
-When she starts doing things she doesn't seem comfortable with
-When she has nothing to talk about besides camming or camscore
-When she starts arguing with every troll in her room or on twitter
-When she starts to have no interests besides camming
-When she starts to expect something from me
-When she starts to think or imply I'm interested in more than entertainment
-When she starts begging more than usual

I am hard pressed to see how there will be a good outcome to this thread. Now if somebody wanted to started a member only forum, and I'd be happy to contribute :-D . I'd also talk about member burned which I am suffering from..

... There aren't subreddits or whatever other kind of social forum *not* specifically associated with a camgirl of angry burned out members complaining about their "angry burned out models"?

Camming is an irregular job that many of us end up relying on too regularly. But the point is that it is irregular. I went through a total slump where nothing was good. If my kindest most wonderful member had declared me 'not awesome anymore' I'd have probably never come back to MFC.

And now I'm awesome again.

I think you get what you look for out of life.

Ambers Troll said:
Good point about the topic, but we should be safe, guess it is my head on the line though.... the conversation is worth the risk usually.
Am expecting some too much of a good thing replies later on, a few too successful for little old me replies, and a few turned off by game play. Losing magic does not mean that you even dislike someone, only that you no longer love what you used to about them.... conversation should be safe enough.

Perhaps any models replying would like to describe a time they have lost their magic on cam?

Just a word of caution

What’s seemingly a safe topic in your head isn’t necessarily perceived as the same for everyone else. It turns out more risque than you’d imagine.

I’m not sure if you’re looking to have a constructive discussion for model improvements, but this thread doesn’t exactly suggest such. “Models losing magic” sounds like a euphemism for “how models now suck at their job,” which is something no model wants to hear. Basically feels like a sugar-coated insult, especially when a lot of pride is put forth in the job, y'know.

Don’t mean to burst the bubble on your thread but it is what it is

Ambers Troll said:

I think that your head is hardly the only one on the line!

If I ever felt that anyone was talking about me in this thread, it would absolutely break my heart. If someone said I'd lost my magic? Seriously holy shit that would be so hurtful! I think that the wording of the thread title seems especially damaging. Don't you feel like perhaps this is a needlessly cruel topic?

I know that models should have a thick skin and should also be able to take criticism, but this doesn't seem very productive to me and I feel like it could lead to quite a bit of heartache.

Ambers Troll said:

Svmbgc4.gif

KayleePond said:
Ambers Troll said:

I think that your head is hardly the only one on the line!

If I ever felt that anyone was talking about me in this thread, it would absolutely break my heart. If someone said I'd lost my magic? Seriously holy shit that would be so hurtful! I think that the wording of the thread title seems especially damaging. Don't you feel like perhaps this is a needlessly cruel topic?

I know that models should have a thick skin and should also be able to take criticism, but this doesn't seem very productive to me and I feel like it could lead to quite a bit of heartache.
Yeah, see pointing out things that annoy you when models do them is one thing, saying that they lost their magic implies that your perv-model relationship is damaged beyond repair.

So yeah, that's one other thing: we already have a topic that covers most of what may pop up here.

A lot of people claim that models lose there magic when they become more popular. Or they turn into something there not. I believe your just a fool for thinking that. It was who they are that made them popular. If your expecting the same attention as someone who tips far more then you do, just because you have been around longer is a foolish thinking. That is why cam girls have certain ranks in clubs. If your not on that wall, then yeah your going to get pushed to the side because there is people out there that deserve more attention then you. They paid for it, they deserve it. Any member can be a models friend, but is friendship going to pay her bills? Does it pay your bills? Being a cam model is a job, and when you get more public viewers it probably becomes hectic to keep up with everyone. So instead of thinking they lost there magic, maybe its just time that you move on to someone who can give you some free attention. Because the more popular models can't afford to be giving attention away for free.

Ambers Troll said:
Aim of this topic and the other one ('what makes a popular model magic'), to explore some of the loves/ hates of camming [members perspective].

I agree with the people who have suggested the wording of this topic is looking for trouble etc.

You say you want to address some of the love/hate of camming with both your topics. This thread is focussing on hate which I don't think will be effective. Stating members perspective on the end suggests you just want to bitch about how the model you *used* like doesn't meet your standards anymore and this just isn't the place for that. :twocents-02cents:

Do I think it is important for cam girls to be aware of how members perceive them and how some behaviour can be viewed negatively? Absolutely! However, I feel this forum has already covered that in a much more positive way.

I.e.
'What is the most annoying thing a model can do'
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=11933

Even in satirical ways these threads are helpful too,

'Things Models say that make you go WTF'
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... f=15&t=919

'Things Models say that make you go lol'
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=12327

SeraTonix said:
... There aren't subreddits or whatever other kind of social forum *not* specifically associated with a camgirl of angry burned out members complaining about their "angry burned out models"?

It's called Lounge10000 and it's conveniently located right there on MFC.

This actually touches on a greater subject that never really get's discussed... and maybe that's for the best but I'm going throw a Malatov cocktail into the pit.

Models are disposable, and members on the grand scale have a tendency to expect far more personal consideration than they will likely give the models in the long run. But even though it's a kind of sore subject that stings the heart feelers, us models accept this as part of the biz we're in.

Part of our job is making members feel appreciated, and we accomplish that usually by actually appreciating those members and becoming friends with them... however the day will come that the member bores of our entertainment and "changes the channel" so to speak. It's Ok, we are there to entertain and in the long run it's to be expected but it still really stings when we "lose our magic" to someone that we got very close with. Most models have learned to just move along from it, but it is a similar feeling to getting dumped by a friend in favor of someone new when the person has gotten close.

I'm not saying members do not deserve to be treated with respect and consideration, just maybe some members should stop and look how they have treated models as well before they start freaking out about being "treated like an ATM" (a gripe I see so commonly) ... and consider whether or not they treated those models like a free 3 month subscription to HBO?

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with either one... but if you expect more from people than you are willing to give, you are going to have a bad time.

It hurts my feelings when a member friend bores of me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. This thread is set up to be a constant reminder of that kind of heart wrenching reality none of us really want to think about I'm sure.

I'm scared to hit send but here goes!

I have never had a model lose their magic for me, not even the ones I have had public fights with. They are all still beautiful people who I find interesting. What I have found is that I just spend less time on MFC as time goes on. I do not have MFC on the background either, as I feel that carrying on a conversation is an important part of being a respectful member I was sometimes lacking in previously.

Other times the shows models do shift a little, and drift to things I do not have much interest in. Or it may have been me that changed. Occasionally I have just felt my personality clashed with the room I was in, I can be less than serious sometimes. The magic though is always there.

Lfz43bk.gif

Always_Tim said:
SeraTonix said:

It's called Lounge10000 and it's conveniently located right there on MFC.

HeHe good point, but I don't find that at all therapeutic.

JoleneBrody said:
Models are disposable
I like to get rid of mine after 2-3 weeks of use. They start to reek and grow mold if you keep them around any longer. Ahh, if I could be serious for a moment and maybe break character a bit, I hope models don't feel like they did something wrong when a member randomly disappears. Doesn't mean they lost their magic(lol), could be the exact opposite. Hundreds of reasons why a member could leave that don't involve the model doing anything wrong. Not sure what I'm trying to say here really but I don't think models should beat themselves up or blame themselves when a member disappears.

JimsX said:
To follow the above post, I stopped visiting a model, because the fantasy was creeping into my head too much. If I stayed I would have fallen (on my face) and made a right fool of myself. Sometimes it's best to know when to walk away.

I have that problem with my favorites WAY too often. I don't leave them for good, but I do spend a day or two hanging with others, until my head-space returns to normal. It's tough though.

DuoShi said:
JimsX said:
To follow the above post, I stopped visiting a model, because the fantasy was creeping into my head too much. If I stayed I would have fallen (on my face) and made a right fool of myself. Sometimes it's best to know when to walk away.

I have that problem with my favorites WAY too often. I don't leave them for good, but I do spend a day or two hanging with others, until my head-space returns to normal. It's tough though.

:lol: I was so nervous typing that post. Good to see I am not alone (and that others can admit it).

Ambers Troll said:
No names, but as much detail as you want. What did she do to lose favour?
i.e. Spent on this model for 5 years, always fun pvt before she stole my tokens, and ripped me off.

Almost all of my models who lost favour come from an inconsiderate/ rude act, after a long term friendship.... lack of respect or appropriate attention loses favour so quickly with me. [and I am aware this is in one sense alot to ask of a model/ member relationship, but I need the right amount of both in about the right measure to enjoy someone]

The other thing is truly lovely models (about 7 come straight to mind), they struggle to keep me around as anything more than a sometimes tipper, and social distraction. My preference for strong, tough minded women as a turn on sadly restricted so many from my time on.

O.K. this is your opinion from your perspective.
But my opinion is this is a poor idea for a thread on a Forum that has many many MFC models and few MFC premium members posting here.:twocents-02cents:

My interpretation on this subject. Is that every MFC model, Has had some bad days at times, or even bad weeks! It can be a very complex job!
It takes an incredible amount of courage and confidence and at times, resilience to do what these ladies do on MFC! An average day on MFC the models have to be Sexy,Funny,Happy,Interesting, and the list goes on....! Even on the days that they may not feel very Sexy or Happy, etc!
Not to mention putting up with the many types of people from all parts of the World.
All the while being mindful of their MFC room members likes,dislikes. Etc. Doing all of this,to make enough tokens to put food on the table.
I didn't mean to get all preachy here, But I guess your thread struck a cord in me, :angry-soapbox: :confusion-shrug:

Lost their magic? :think:

I doubt it.

Perhaps they just got tired of catering to a certain following?

People are constantly changing along with their preferences, desires and motivations...

The adult industry is no different.

Even the best of couples can grow apart for whatever reasons life paths take.

:twocents-02cents:

JimsX said:

Yes. This.

Too much magic can be a very dangerous thing. The smarter guys will recognize the situation and back away when needed. Either for a break to collect themselves or permanently of they recognize that they can't handle it.

I have experience being in the not-smart camp. (Well, smart enough to recognize what was happening, if I'm honest with myself. Just not strong enough to act on it.)

So yeah. A guy leaving doesn't necessarily mean you've lost your touch. Not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.