AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models .. What gets you motivated to cam for long hours?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2015
Scotland , UK
Twitter Username
@HoneySucklexx
Chaturbate Username
Honey_Suckle
Recently I have been camming a lot at night and for the most part 3-4 hours .. it's hardly much when I think about it.

I really want to be more dedicated , more serious but I find I get tired so easily or find it hard to motivate myself during daylight hours to cam. I wait all day and then set up for a few hours at night.

I wish I was a bit more disciplined with myself .. I was just wondering how do you get yourself motivated to do long hours on cam or a few sessions throughout the day/night?

Reactions: FayePotato
Getting new clothes and taking my time to look pretty makes me feel motivated to get on cam, and to try new schedules.

To stay on cam though... I have found on slow nights I get tired faster. It is a combination of being anxious and racking my head non-stop trying to come up with a way to spark the show what kills me. I will log off after 3 or 4 hours and be mentally exhausted.

When the show is moving I can stay for 7 or 8 hours, no problem, and log off on a high that borders on hyperactivity. So in my case how long I stay does depend more on the room than on me.

The only thing that keeps me on cam for long hours is being drunk. I've never cammed more than four hours sober.
I prefer to split my time up though. I make videos when I'm not feeling the online vibe just yet.

I can only handle you dudes for longer than four hours if I'm hammered! :rofl:

This is what I'm struggling with. Last night was my first really bad night. Usually I've met my goals but I made virtually no money. It was so hard to sit there even two hours and try to be entertaining while I knew my cam score was dwindling. I got on Streamate and a guy was taking me exclusive and I wasn't even feeling it.

I think the longest stretch I've had was 5 hours on a good night. I have a full time job elsewhere and anything more is way too exhausting

1. Working on future camming-related shows/videos
  2. Watching anime on mute with subtitles
  3. Imgur

@Anatevka Lol when working on SM, I don't worry about it. Since I can't do any entertaining shows in free chat, I just do whatever until someone chats. Whenever I try to start conversation, everyone tends to flee my room anyway. That's the way of Streamate though.

@Anatevka Lol when working on SM, I don't worry about it. Since I can't do any entertaining shows in free chat, I just do whatever until someone chats. Whenever I try to start conversation, everyone tends to flee my room anyway. That's the way of Streamate though.

I'm doing SM and MFC. Since I'm still trying to build my score on MFC and a following, I feel like I have to be constantly "on." SM seems a bit less stressful to me in that regard. I feel like I can be on SM longer periods of time and not feel the camscore anxiety. I'm not verified yet, but I imagine that's a pretty normal feeling for the noobs like myself.

Reactions: Sundae and Ann_Sulu
I work 5-12 hours pretty often, and the key for me is variety! I'll switch from being in bed to the kitchen to my game room to a bath, it keeps the viewers interested and engaged, and makes it easier and more fun for me. You set yourself a token goal for each area and when you meet it you switch to the next. Also costume changes and doing different kinds of shows helps. Sometimes I like to take an hour break in the middle to chat with a friend and clean up a bit ^^

My regulars motivate me to stay on for long hours at a time. I very easily can pull 8-12 hour days, as long as they're with me, because it's fun to make new memories and share that experience and time together.

Okay so I struggle with this too. We all do, you know?!

First, let me say it's EASY to burn out doing this work. It's important to TAKE CARE OF YOU! The almighty dollar isn't worth burning out for- really. Be aware of the signs of burnout! Fatigue, irritability, not wanting to do even the fun parts... depression, anxiety, losing your creativity. Remember how important it is to say NO to stuff- sloppy deep throats while custies urge you to vomit can bring in the cash but they will also sap your will to cam.

Generally I find 6 hours a day is about all I can handle. My max has been like, nine or ten. I hear of women doing 12 or 16 or whatever and I'm like BOW DOWN BITCHES, because I am! But I stay on and engaged- that makes it easier for me personally. (Although the Camgirl Reaction GIF thread at Stripperweb keeps me laughing even on the worst got-damn days. I also recommend things like Fashion SWAT from Something Awful- hilarious, picture-based, you can still keep chatting. ;) Lately I'm thinking of watching 90s cartoons in the background with subtitles on. Might be too distracting, though.)

I set goals. It depends on what I've been making, but generally I just set a goal for the day, sometimes challenging, sometimes easy- and different days of the week are different in terms of what you can expect, weekends guys get pissed and blow their cash after they come home, you know? Thursdays or Fridays they'll have just got paid so we'll do better than a Monday or Tuesday. Goals are motivating as hell.

Also motivating is getting done up. If I didn't put in the WORK to put my face on and my hair did and I won't have to put in the WORK to get that stuff OFF, then it's easier to get on/off. Not that we should look like the circus clowns from Drag Planet X, but when you know it'll be a pain, it's more motivating.

Staying hydrated and fed is really, really helpful! I personally cannot take breaks to save my life- I just don't come back. So I drink on cam, because I'm classy as shit, and I eat in the thirty seconds after privates. Just call me chipmunk cheeks. Nut bars, bitches. As long as I eat decent meals around my work day, and keep a supply of bite size healthy snacks on hand, it's cool. I just can't faceplant into chocolate pudding afterwards. And I have to have water.

Finally, staying connected with other folks like us is crucial. If all your friends and family are the Judgy McJudgerson types, life will be hard. Anxiety about everyone finding out makes this a really miserable lifestyle, not to mention, bitchfests- or, as my social worker friends call them, "debriefing sessions"- are absolutely necessary. SO MANY PEOPLE DO SEX WORK, LADIES. We're all over. Be smart, but be real.

:h:

Status
Not open for further replies.