AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models, who go to church I have a few questions.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyCollegeSlut

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 29, 2017
United States
www.chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@rileyluvyna
Chaturbate Username
riley_luvyna
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/432575/shycollegeslut/
I have a moral dilemma going on. I'm 22, used to go to church as a youngin' and I haven't gone in a long time. Honestly i'm not even sure if I am a believer or not. I'm mostly a skeptic, kinda atheist if I were to be honest, at least until something makes me believe.

However I recently moved to a small town with a population of 500. I didn't attend school here, I don't participate in any activities, and frankly it's about time I find some friends around here. My boyfriend and I live together and we're unmarried, obviously sexually active etc. I smoke, drink, and I am a full time cam girl. It seems like the only place around here to find friends is the local church, and i'm honestly scared to death of going in fear of being a hypocrite, seeing as I'm living a very sinful life in most believers eyes.

I can't be honest about what I do with my new friends if I find any at all, and honestly I don't know if I can handle a friendship without coming clean about what I do. I'd hate to ruin my reputation here in regards to what I do.

Any advice input etc would be appreciated. I hope someone out there understands where I am coming from. I feel isolated here because coming clean to anyone at all could be the end of anyone at all accepting me here in this town.

Sounds like where I live, which is also all about that church. Say, if you live in the same town as me, we could be secret caming friends!

You don't have to church that as your ONLY option to find local friends if you are honestly scared about being the black sheep in God's green pasture of lost lambs. I'm a sheep rancher so I can make these jokes ;) Are there any COWBOY churches around?? These are actually much more liberal and accepting places which hold church in stockyards or fair grounds or wherever. Bonus is they often do horse stuff together.

Any cities in the region? I usually go to the "big city" about once a month.

What do you do for a living? You do sales of course ;) Seriously, I go on my book of faces and I see like people I went to high school with selling makeup, wraps, snake oil, candles, tupperware, you name it. I wouldn't consider selling some boob any less than that, that's just my personal option.

Furry meetups? Want a great accepting group of people? Better think of an alternative ego in the form of an animal. Furry is mainstream enough now where there are meets (not conventions, just like casual meets in public to hang out and make friends). Bonus, they'll accept your caming and you might just gain some new fans.

Sounds like where I live, which is also all about that church. Say, if you live in the same town as me, we could be secret caming friends!

You don't have to church that as your ONLY option to find local friends if you are honestly scared about being the black sheep in God's green pasture of lost lambs. I'm a sheep rancher so I can make these jokes ;) Are there any COWBOY churches around?? These are actually much more liberal and accepting places which hold church in stockyards or fair grounds or wherever. Bonus is they often do horse stuff together.

Any cities in the region? I usually go to the "big city" about once a month.

What do you do for a living? You do sales of course ;) Seriously, I go on my book of faces and I see like people I went to high school with selling makeup, wraps, snake oil, candles, tupperware, you name it. I wouldn't consider selling some boob any less than that, that's just my personal option.

Furry meetups? Want a great accepting group of people? Better think of an alternative ego in the form of an animal. Furry is mainstream enough now where there are meets (not conventions, just like casual meets in public to hang out and make friends). Bonus, they'll accept your caming and you might just gain some new fans.

We do in fact have some cowboy churches around here. If you don't mind me asking what state are you in? it'd be awesome if we did live close to each other. I'm always looking for fellow camgirls who live close by.

I have a moral dilemma going on. I'm 22, used to go to church as a youngin' and I haven't gone in a long time. Honestly i'm not even sure if I am a believer or not. I'm mostly a skeptic, kinda atheist if I were to be honest, at least until something makes me believe.

However I recently moved to a small town with a population of 500. I didn't attend school here, I don't participate in any activities, and frankly it's about time I find some friends around here. My boyfriend and I live together and we're unmarried, obviously sexually active etc. I smoke, drink, and I am a full time cam girl. It seems like the only place around here to find friends is the local church, and i'm honestly scared to death of going in fear of being a hypocrite, seeing as I'm living a very sinful life in most believers eyes.

I can't be honest about what I do with my new friends if I find any at all, and honestly I don't know if I can handle a friendship without coming clean about what I do. I'd hate to ruin my reputation here in regards to what I do.

Any advice input etc would be appreciated. I hope someone out there understands where I am coming from. I feel isolated here because coming clean to anyone at all could be the end of anyone at all accepting me here in this town.

In theory, anyone who's a faithful christian who wouldn't accept you, would be a hypocrite. But church might not be the best place to look for geniune friendship - in a small town like this it might be best to keep your privacy and be on good terms with everyone. People will talk among themselves they will cast judgements, small towns are extremely insular. Try making friends first and if they seem trustworthy, tell them more about yourself.
You also might consider finding friends online.

Reactions: curvyredhead
In theory, anyone who's a faithful christian who wouldn't accept you, would be a hypocrite. But church might not be the best place to look for geniune friendship - in a small town like this it might be best to keep your privacy and be on good terms with everyone. People will talk among themselves they will cast judgements, small towns are extremely insular. Try making friends first and if they seem trustworthy, tell them more about yourself.
You also might consider finding friends online.

I understand. Unfortunately most Christians I know are of the judgmental type. I feel the same way everyone here talks and if anyone does find out, i'm sure it'll spread like wildfire. I do look for friends online, and I have a few, but it blows not being able to go out and hangout with other people in real life outside of my boyfriend and his friends. It doesn't bother me much until he decides to have a guys night and I'm stuck at home alone all day with no one to hangout with.

Can I ask you how would you exactly plan to describe your job to others? There many jobs that can be described various ways and still be completely correct.

I remember a model once saying she was a customer support subcontractor for a multinational corporation. If anyone tried to pry beyond that she said she signed a NDA so can't really say more without getting in trouble. She was able to convert any session story into something completely boring and PC you wouldn't want to ask her anymore.

What I found through experience is most people just want to know enough to relate to you. Do you commute to work or do you work at home? Do you have office drama? How much time does your work consume? Do you earn enough that it's not annoying to meet someplace that might cost money?

There should be plenty of other things to talk about when it comes to who you are that aren't about work. You're trying to make friends not business contacts so you should just need to be friendly.

tl;dr; it's not dishonest to use flavored language. Nothing wrong calling a Garbage Man a Sanitation Engineer.

Can I ask you how would you exactly plan to describe your job to others? There many jobs that can be described various ways and still be completely correct.

I remember a model once saying she was a customer support subcontractor for a multinational corporation. If anyone tried to pry beyond that she said she signed a NDA so can't really say more without getting in trouble. She was able to convert any session story into something completely boring and PC you wouldn't want to ask her anymore.

What I found through experience is most people just want to know enough to relate to you. Do you commute to work or do you work at home? Do you have office drama? How much time does your work consume? Do you earn enough that it's not annoying to meet someplace that might cost money?

There should be plenty of other things to talk about when it comes to who you are that aren't about work. You're trying to make friends not business contacts so you should just need to be friendly.

tl;dr; it's not dishonest to use flavored language. Nothing wrong calling a Garbage Man a Sanitation Engineer.

I plan to completely dismiss the online work that I do, and tell them that I do my side job, which is seasonal farm/harvest work. However that only covers about 3-4 months out of the year at the most.

You are not alone with this predicament, My ATF cam girl lives in a larger city but has virtually no contact with people other than can girls. But on occasion she will go to church, I am not sure why other than to reaffirm her faith. She has told me that there can be hundreds of people in her room, and yet she feels so alone at the sametime.

I'm happy to see you have a loving accepting boyfriend in your life. Do any of his friends have female friends, you could hang out with, to start with?

I guess from a guys perspective I'm not much help.....

I plan to completely dismiss the online work that I do, and tell them that I do my side job, which is seasonal farm/harvest work. However that only covers about 3-4 months out of the year at the most.

Dismissing something like that is complicated. Imagine telling someone you can't go somewhere because you're too busy "doing nothing" at home?

I think you're giving people too much credit for how interested they get about other people. As long as you have a way to explain "unavailable" time in the day people don't look much further. Knowing you're doing something at home and it's work satisfies 70% of people. Most people want to know enough for planning purposes. "Who do we invite to go out, well so and so has a baby so she's out" or "Who's going to the club, well so and so works late so she probably can't make it".

I best friend works in three bars as a bartender. If you were to ask me which one on which day or what the names of them were I'd feel like an idiot. I know he's around on Wednesday and that's good enough for me. He doesn't bring it up so it's not a topic I need to bring up either. That's how most my friends play it.

Dismissing something like that is complicated. Imagine telling someone you can't go somewhere because you're too busy "doing nothing" at home?

I think you're giving people too much credit for how interested they get about other people. As long as you have a way to explain "unavailable" time in the day people don't look much further. Knowing you're doing something at home and it's work satisfies 70% of people. Most people want to know enough for planning purposes. "Who do we invite to go out, well so and so has a baby so she's out" or "Who's going to the club, well so and so works late so she probably can't make it".

I best friend works in three bars as a bartender. If you were to ask me which one on which day or what the names of them were I'd feel like an idiot. I know he's around on Wednesday and that's good enough for me. He doesn't bring it up so it's not a topic I need to bring up either. That's how most my friends play it.

The thing is, as awful as it is, when I do cam I don't cam on a schedule, so if at anytime someone wants to hangout even if it's last minute, I can get offline within an hour or so and be ready in the time it takes a normal person to get ready to go out somewhere. Most of the time if anyone asks what I've done all day I just tell them I was watching Netflix, or napping. I also live with my boyfriend so we spend a lot of time together as well doing whatever.

I live in a town where I didn't really befriend anyone who was from the town, just people who moved here. I guess you can find something in common with those types of people if they pop up.

Most of my friends are through gaming or Facebook.

I'm a Unitarian Universalist, and I find them to be pretty open-minded and liberal. You'll find people of varied belief systems and backgrounds there, and they're pretty progressive for the most part.

I never told anyone at my last church what I do, but I don't think I would have been judged harshly by the people to whom I was closest. All they knew about me is that I was my Mom's caregiver (she has late-stage cancer) though. I've moved to a new state and haven't scoped out the UU church here yet, but it's in a really liberal, sex-positive area so I might be able to be more open with people I come to feel comfortable with. I mean, I don't exactly live in a small town like you do so there's less risk of people's gossip impacting me in any major way... that's something to weigh any time you confide anything in anyone though.

And even though I do live in a pretty densely populated area with lots of ways to meet people, I only really know a handful of people here so far. Making friends as an adult is a lot harder than dating. There should be sites like Tinder but with no sexual/romantic implications so it's just for friendship. Like, "swipe right if you like cats, sci-fi movies, and want to try dumpster diving at Ulta on Thursday! 420 friendly!"

Status
Not open for further replies.