AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models You USED to watch vs NOW - Different?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
My taste has changed quite drastically it seems in terms of what I USED to enjoy on cam sites (Chaturbate) compared to what I prefer now. And I have **only** been there for 2 years.

It's definitely not a case of me having watch the same model TOO much, so i have simply got bored. It's also not the fact the woman is doing the same thing day in and day out, nor the opposite (doing too much variety)...

I just think I, as a person, have grown and realised the things (sexually, fetish, kinks etc) I do and don't like/enjoy/love...

Has your taste changed much? Do you know why?Maybe for you it IS because you watched them too much so got bored.. There are a couple of women that I have liked all that duration - and I really can't imagine ever losing interest in them. For some of them, I think it's because I started to see them more and got to know their personality more and disliked something of it (which is fine, of course).

This question is aimed at everyone since I know you models also do watch other models.
Very interested to hear/read your opinions on it, since I can't be the only one.

For myself, it's not a change in preferences as I still prefer the social aspect. Discussions, joking around, teasing, etc.

But, of the models I've stopped watching, reasons are:

- Change in format from social interaction to Lovense focused maturbation show.
- Confronts me about visiting other models and telling me that I should only visit her and not spend tokens on other models
- Have caught her streaming a TruePrivate/Exclusive to other sites.
- They've moved on to doing other things and are no longer camming.

One thing that has changed is that I'm no longer on as much as I used to be. Just don't have the free time that I used to, and when I sit too long in front of a computer, I keep thinking of the things I should be doing instead.

- Have caught her streaming a TruePrivate/Exclusive to other sites.

This is usually the reason I leave a model 80% of the time. There a model I used for many years that got married and her husband(more pimp) decided to help her make a modelcentro site and post every session she ever has on there. I stopped using her and now she bitches on twitter about why people would leave over it.

Other main reasons.
1. They become a schedule flake
2. Start to be TOO familiar (think it's ok to do less or waste more time in a show because, 'we're cool right?')
3. Complain about not getting a good cut (Common SM complaint) but refuse to switch to any other format (skyprivates, make a indiebill page, etc..)
4. Refuse to look into any method of member gifting.
5. Tell you to email and communicate with them before but do read or check any communication methods they provide you.
6. Radical body change, (a Snow White getting tanned, Tattoo crazy with no warning, etc..)

But I guess this isn't the question being asked.
At first I had this thing for redheads. Really gave up on this completely. Livejasmine had SO many redheads and I never understood why.
Then it became mostly my panty fetish. This was me for a long time but it just became frustrating because most all models had panties but didn't understand a fetish is ABOUT the panties and not as much the rest of the model so would often be so much confusion.
Now it's almost exclusively my RP fetish. It took a long time to find models that understood this well so it always bums me out when one retires.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sansa
Model changes

- +1 on the lovense. I hope it's worked out well for her, not saying it was a bad decision, I just hate those things lol.
- Non-stop whining about how slow it is in public and on Twitter. That just make the guys that DO show up and show support feel like shit.
- Inability to provide content in an agreed upon time period.

MFC changes
- I spend much less time or $$$ on MFC because of their support team. Any time I've needed actual support from MFC it's been a complete and total joke. They have zero loyalty to their customers, and don't even pretend to give a shit to be honest.
- They turn a blind eye to too much bullshit, especially recently. There are several things they could do to help promote a safer environment for models and chose not to. In fact they chose to ignore it entirely. Same result as above, spend less time there and find other ways to show support for friends. Not a company I enjoy doing business with.

Room changes
- The #1 reason I've left rooms I was a part of was due to regulars that are assholes. Guys that spend all day trying to one-up each other on how well they know the girl. They answer every question in the room as if they're the model. They're rude to new people that try to join the conversations (they think they're being funny - they're not). The models I think don't even realize it's happening because it's what's normal in the room. Most times you can sniff those guys out pretty early on, but I've had 4-5 times where I'd been in the room for several months before I realized how bad it was and had to make my exit. As soon as I realize there's even ONE guy in there that would rather suck up her attention, than see her make NEW friends and reach new levels of success or even just have fun with someone other than themselves, I'm out.

• Hugs
Reactions: NotYou and SMuser69
A model I have been following for a number of months and have spent a lot amount of time in her room supporting both socially and financially has recently changed the focus of her room into a lush-masturbation-token show. When I joined her room many months back, it felt it was more about the social interaction with both the other members in the room and the model herself. Lots of hours spent sending messages back and forth both in public and private messages.
From a purely financial perspective, the model's income has increased substantially since she made this change recently, but at the cost of the ability to hold a conversation in the room. There's too many 1-tips and tip spam to have any sort of conversation. And since her lush is keeping her occupied, trying to have a conversation in PM is next to nigh impossible now.

It was always this social interaction I personally sought and has previously stopped me visiting other models who changed the format of their show to be like that as well.
I find myself asking if this change is something I can tolerate after having spent so much time in her room and getting to know the other people. I respect that she is here to make a living and this is her job, but there are other disgruntled fans that think the change isn't a good one - and I believed that the loyal fanbase would be the best source of her income. I have tried explaining to her, but it feels like she knows best and doesn't take well to advice/suggestions about it, so I don't talk about it anymore. I am worried that if this continues, the room will just become another lovense-tip-spam-no-chat room like so many others and lose what made her special in the first place.

What makes me leave a room is the lack of social interaction. If I can't talk with the model, even if it is just public chat, then I can't be part of it. Watching a woman play with her lovense can be fun, but its the same thing every time and simply put - that's boring and repetitive.

I don't believe my tastes haven't changed, I still go looking for the same things that appealed to me in the first place. But for me, the chat is the biggest drawcard by far and not having that is a major negative to me.

In short,
x Model changes to a lush-masturbation focused show.
x Model switches between sites, but spends more time on the other site now, I dislike the other site's layout/format
x Model starts begging for tips
x Moderators in the room dominating the conversation and filling it with red text

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sansa and Mila_
I love all the responses but I think the OP wanted to talk about personal changes in taste. Example: when I was new to cams I used to love explicit models with big booty but as time went by I stopped caring so much for that and now I love to watch girls who paint their nails and eat Mac n cheese. Etc

I love all the responses but I think the OP wanted to talk about personal changes in taste. Example: when I was new to cams I used to love explicit models with big booty but as time went by I stopped caring so much for that and now I love to watch girls who paint their nails and eat Mac n cheese. Etc

Yep, that's how I took it as well. But, my tastes haven't changed much, if at all, and wanted to give an answer as to why I had changed models. Of course, there are models who will do some things better than others. But, that's the beauty of the camworld. Can find a model that will fit pretty much whatever you desire.

Reactions: Mila_
I love all the responses but I think the OP wanted to talk about personal changes in taste.

I concur and intended to speak to that but completely spaced it off in my rant. To be completely honest my taste hasn't changed a bit. That goes for personal life and MFC both. I laugh sometimes at the choice of models I've befriended and support because they're all have a lot of similarities. Please don't read that as they're all the same, I'm not stepping on that landmine lol, they're equally unique. But similar physical appearances, similar personality traits I admire, and they run their business very much the same. Also similar to ex's and probably futures :) Looking back I should have said that and then stopped and not used it as an opportunity to rant about various other things, my bad.

When I first started MFC, I was more active on my premium account than I was on my model account. I was really into super flirty fun Romanian girls that did toy shows in group, and hung out in there rooms being sorta "one of the guys" with her members. We all worked together to get her countdown to whatever (quite often it was oil shows or shower shows that I looked forward to.

I also hung out in the lounge a lot to shoot the shit. Most people knew who my associated model account was.

Now I stick to a small handful of rooms where I am pretty familiar with the model from this forum, Twitter or Snapchat. I hang there mostly to make them smile with whatever tips I can swing at them that day, and to just chat about random stuff. I talk less to their members because it's moreso about interacting with my actual cam model friend than being part of the room. The only time I tip for sexy stuff or for countdowns is to help move the room along, I don't think I'd go into a group show at all now and am less likely to stick around for any kind of explicit show. While I do have a crush or two (silently) on EE models here or there, my usual group are mostly from USA, CAN or UK now.

I talk less to their members because it's moreso about interacting with my actual cam model friend than being part of the room. The only time I tip for sexy stuff or for countdowns is to help move the room along...

While my preference for the friends I support hasn't changed I would have to say that my interaction most certainly has. In the beginning I was super active with members and the room as a whole like you but not anymore. I'd say my interaction now is almost verbatim to what you stated there Amber. The majority of the time I tip privately with little jokes, compliments, comments or whatever. We PM as time allows but I try and stay quiet there for the most part - with a couple of them we'll usually chat on WhatsApp or Skype or something after and talk or laugh about the day. I might tip anonymously in the room to remind folks to tip a little, but by and far I'm really just there to hang out with and support my model friends. I'd actually never really picked up on how much that had changed - nice little observation there Amber.

Reactions: AmberCutie
The only time I tip for sexy stuff or for countdowns is to help move the room along, I don't think I'd go into a group show at all now and am less likely to stick around for any kind of explicit show.

This is generally how I am in a room, in that I usually tip for non-sexy stuff. Something she said or did that I find interesting or funny. Number play on the countdown (such as tip to bring it down to 321, 666, 2112, etc), or just different things. Sure, it all goes towards countdown of bra off, or whatever. But, I enjoy the various aspects of the countdown more than just sexy things.
I probably haven't seen the ending of a model's show in a few weeks, and that was more because I entered the room at the time. Otherwise, I'm finding I log off shortly before it. Which, usually is to a couple of model's displeasure that I'm leaving.

The one difference is that I generally don't mind going into group shows, as most models I've visited don't get very explicit in there. So, I don't mind going in just to hang and let it take tokens/

While my preference for the friends I support hasn't changed I would have to say that my interaction most certainly has. In the beginning I was super active with members and the room as a whole like you but not anymore. I'd say my interaction now is almost verbatim to what you stated there Amber. The majority of the time I tip privately with little jokes, compliments, comments or whatever. We PM as time allows but I try and stay quiet there for the most part - with a couple of them we'll usually chat on WhatsApp or Skype or something after and talk or laugh about the day. I might tip anonymously in the room to remind folks to tip a little, but by and far I'm really just there to hang out with and support my model friends. I'd actually never really picked up on how much that had changed - nice little observation there Amber.

For myself, tipping publicly or privately depends on the model. But, unless I'm forced to do it via the tip box on MFC, it's almost always silently. There will almost always be some kind of tip note as well with something specific to the topic at hand or the model herself in a personal nature. Which, typically I'll get a response from via verbal/visual or PM.

I've always viewed my time in a model's room as wanting to make it as enjoyable for her as she does for me.

Just a point of order: the original question was not about what brings you to a model and what makes you leave. He was focusing on how those preferences changed over time. And the emphasis seems to be on whether your tastes matured in some way.

I am less than two years into this activity so far. When I started, public sexuality was a novelty and I was focused on women I found attractive being sexual. After a while, that became a novelty and after a year it is no longer a main attraction. Now I focus on relationship quality. I want to know the model's life, challenges, joys, and pain. I want to like her as a human being. I want to feel there is a good connection. If I also find her sexually attractive, then the sexual interaction becomes interesting. Part of establishing connection is establishing trust. If at some point I feel I have earned trust and receive no trust, I feel the interaction is a dead end and spend less time with the model.

Reactions: jekster
I started with the same cam model 5 years ago and she has became my best friend. I’ve gone through like a dozen or so models since but i’ve Always gone to her and we just became close and the thing is that the sex part became less important and we just got to know each other. We still do shows here and there but we pretty much decided we’re not gonna do that anymore for much longer since it’s just weird for me to pay when we can just message, call and video chat with each other whenever. Maybe a show to help her when traffic is slow but that’s pretty much it. But I’m glad to say I met my best friend from this industry

Misinterpretation on my part, apologies.

To revisit the topic.
When I first started visiting models on the cam-site I use, I was looking for an outlet for my own physical desires/needs.
Now, I am more interested in the social interaction and the model as a person than just a naked lady on my computer screen. If I cant make some sort of connection through chatting, then my interest just isn't there and I move on.

My tastes have definitely changed since I first started visiting cam models. I have fond memories of my first interaction with a cam model I met using ISPQ back in the day, and she was my "one and only" for a good 2 years. It was all about her body and how much she turned me on. One day she messaged me and told me that she had joined a site called Buzzcams, so I started following her there. It didn't take long before the social aspects of the site began affecting the intimacy aspects of our encounters, and she just flat out refused to use ISPQ once she joined the website. It was her choice and I respected that, but the need for intimacy made me move on and I took a break from visiting cam models for a good 2-3 years and started dating again.

I don't know if "jaded" would be a good word to describe what I have experienced, but with the number of models on sites like MFC and CB, I do find that I now scrollwheel past a lot of models that I used to drool over in terms of body types and features. And even if I do find one that catches my eye, the social aspects of most sites, along with the lovense craze, has me moving along very quickly. I honestly don't think you can have a discussion about preferences and personal tastes without allowing consideration of how the lovense craze has changed the landscape of how models interact with their viewership.

I prefer intimacy over multiple users, and how the social aspects/room dynamics negatively affect my interactions on sites like MFC and CB, but at least they still allow PM's and privates, so I choose to limit my interactions to that end.

TLDR: At one point it was about certain body types and features. Now it's about a higher level of intimacy to be had with a beautiful heart and spirit.

My tastes have definitely changed since I first started visiting cam models. I have fond memories of my first interaction with a cam model I met using ISPQ back in the day, and she was my "one and only" for a good 2 years. It was all about her body and how much she turned me on. One day she messaged me and told me that she had joined a site called Buzzcams, so I started following her there. It didn't take long before the social aspects of the site began affecting the intimacy aspects of our encounters, and she just flat out refused to use ISPQ once she joined the website. It was her choice and I respected that, but the need for intimacy made me move on and I took a break from visiting cam models for a good 2-3 years and started dating again.

I don't know if "jaded" would be a good word to describe what I have experienced, but with the number of models on sites like MFC and CB, I do find that I now scrollwheel past a lot of models that I used to drool over in terms of body types and features. And even if I do find one that catches my eye, the social aspects of most sites, along with the lovense craze, has me moving along very quickly. I honestly don't think you can have a discussion about preferences and personal tastes without allowing consideration of how the lovense craze has changed the landscape of how models interact with their viewership.

I prefer intimacy over multiple users, and how the social aspects/room dynamics negatively affect my interactions on sites like MFC and CB, but at least they still allow PM's and privates, so I choose to limit my interactions to that end.

TLDR: At one point it was about certain body types and features. Now it's about a higher level of intimacy to be had with a beautiful heart and spirit.
Sounds like you need to switch your cam habits to a private based site like Streamate

Here is a little question to ask you all too which may or may not impact at all:

Has the increase of models made it more overwhelming for you to find and stick with a favourite model? What I mean exactly is, there is such a huge range of models, all kinds/varieties etc. and especially in this past year it seems (I am speaking of CB as it's the only one I go to).. with all that choice it's like being a kid in a candy shop, right? Has this at all had any kind of influence on everyone's decisions and habits?

Here is a little question to ask you all too which may or may not impact at all:

Has the increase of models made it more overwhelming for you to find and stick with a favourite model? What I mean exactly is, there is such a huge range of models, all kinds/varieties etc. and especially in this past year it seems (I am speaking of CB as it's the only one I go to).. with all that choice it's like being a kid in a candy shop, right? Has this at all had any kind of influence on everyone's decisions and habits?

Overall, no. Since joining a camsite, I've always visited multiple models. While I generally stick to 2-3 regulars, there's about 7 or 8 I visit irregularly because of schedule, etc. If any one of them are on when I log on, I'll say "Hi" and visit their room. If there's multiples on at the same time, I have to figure out who I visit. Sometimes I just sit in the main page and PM with them if I can. If none are on, I might browse the model listing. I also have a couple of models from here that I've visited from time to time. Good to pop in, say "Hi" and show them a little support. ;)

Has the increase of models made it more overwhelming for you to find and stick with a favourite model?

For me, no. Most my friends are consistent with their schedules or are very good about being on when they say they will be. Those are usually the only times I log on. In the case where maybe I no longer visit that friend and feel like hanging out with someone I'd go looking for someone new to hang out with, but that's never been a challenge so I don't think having MORE options changes anything there. Interesting thought, but no impact in my case.

I'd say availability is the big game changer. Right now, there is no model friend of mine online on MFC... and this happens more and more often. Of all the models I used to visit but don't anymore, them quitting/ no longer logging in (isn't that the same?) is the main reason. Sure there are a few models I did lose interest in but that is, what? 1% of the cases.

I think that learning clip sites are a thing has changed who I look for on cam sites. I used to enjoy doing privates( still do, technically I guess) but ive changed my spending habits so they dont happen as much. Now i find it much easier to browse manyvids to find exactly what I would hope to find in a private, and spending the time between purchases hanging out and tipping models who arent expecting a private every time I come in their room.

On a more specific note, there is a model who I greatly decreased the amount of time I spend in her room, largely because of politics. She was very vocal during the election that she didnt want to talk politics. Good, neither do I. She went as far as muting political words in her chat. But then SHE would be the one to bring them up, and has occasionally been doing it ever since. Turns out theres enough politics everywhere else these days, and I dont really care to deal with them on camsites too.

I'd say availability is the big game changer. Right now, there is no model friend of mine online on MFC... and this happens more and more often. Of all the models I used to visit but don't anymore, them quitting/ no longer logging in (isn't that the same?) is the main reason. Sure there are a few models I did lose interest in but that is, what? 1% of the cases.

Do you ever scout the site to find new models that you may like to replace the ones that left?

Interesting question... My tastes haven't changed much, but my approach has.

The main reason I started chatting is to find models who will do shows for a fetish I have and especially in the beginning all the shows I did were fetish shows. I chat with girls in order to have them fulfill my fantasies (and to get to know them over time, if we hit it off) and not to socialize in a group, so I've always been a private show type of guy and that hasn't changed since I started chatting around 2006.

I find that public chats don't really give customers the freedom to direct the action unless the rest of the room is in agreement. They are more of a fan club / hang out environment, where you just go with the flow and the general goal of everyone in the room, which doesn't really work for me since I want something very specific and different from what other guys are after. In other words, I don't want to pay a girl and then have to contend with other guys who want to see her doing something different.

My fetish chats are long and therefore expensive. They are also difficult to do compared to regular sex shows, so sometimes even if a girl tries her best it doesn't work out for one reason or another. Other times girls will try to get away with faking it, which is never acceptable, in my opinion. The bottom line is that the risk for me to pay a lot of money and not really get what I was hoping for is very high and that has changed my approach over the years in two ways:

1) When I started chatting, even though I always had my favourite models I kept returning to until they became unavailable, I still used to keep trying new models on the side, hoping to find someone better. A lot of the excitement for me came from trying new girls and the quest to find my next new favourite model. I used to look forward to every chat with a new girl. Now that I've found a girl who does awesome shows for me and I've had disappointing chats in the past with a lot of other girls, the bar is set a lot higher and my expectations for new girls are a lot lower, so the result is that it's much harder for me to get excited about new girls and I'm a lot more cautious when it comes to trying someone new. If my favourite model were to quit, I would find the prospect of having to find a new girl to chat with more of a headache than something to be excited about. For that reason, I have a much greater appreciation for her and I chat with her almost exclusively.

2) Aside from fetish chats, I recently started to do short "vanilla" chats where I just ask a model to show off her body and pose for me in my favourite poses. These are fun, far less expensive than a fetish chat and much less risky, because almost every girl will do it well. I still prefer to do this as a custom video rather than a cam show, but if a cam girl doesn't offer videos and she's uniquely hot, I sometimes give in and do it as a chat. This allows me to still chat with other girls and add a bit of variety to my chats without having to do a fetish chat.

Also, I think some Colombian models spoiled me by wanting to interact on Whatsapp, but now I enjoy that ability to just chat and share photos every now and then, as opposed to dealing with girls who want to charge me for everything. (Although I once had a chat with two girls and I asked them to kiss each other and they wanted me to pay extra - which was completely fair because that wasn't part of the original deal - and it was worth it for the hilarity that ensued with several aborted attempts and lots of giggling. It was really cute.)

As far as availability... When I started chatting most of the girls were either from the U.S., Eastern Europe, South Africa or the Philippines. While I like all types of looks and I have chatted with girls from many different countries, overall my preference is for Hispanic girls and until a few years after I started chatting there simply weren't that many of them. Now I often search for and chat with girls from Colombia, so the changing demographics and the fact that there are more girls to choose from has definitely changed who I chat with and it's not because my tastes have changed.

As far as my reasons for no longer chatting with certain girls... If it's a girl I chatted with frequently, >85% of the time it's because she disappeared and about 10% of the cases I felt like she started to take me for granted and stopped putting in as much effort into our chats as before. As for the remaining <5%, a couple of them told me they didn't want to do the types of shows we used to do anymore and another couple raised their prices where they wanted to get paid more than what other equally good girls I knew wanted for the same type of show, so I stopped chatting with them.

Last edited:
Do you ever scout the site to find new models that you may like to replace the ones that left?
I do so. Regularly in fact. But the models I like tend to be rare.

Everyone is different, so no model can completely replace another model.

Also, I don't want to think of models as a replacement for another model.

• Hugs
  • Helpful!
This is an interesting thread. To chime in I don't think my tastes have changed in terms of the kinds of models I like and the things I like to see them do but the way I use the sites has. I used to have a few favourite models and would pretty much never visit anyone else's rooms. Now though I'm not a regular in anyone's room. I don't spend as much time online and when I am I like to find and watch someone I've never seen before. Maybe I'll go back a couple of times but never enough times to become a reg any more.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_
I would say my tastes and preferences have not changed much in the 7 or so years I've been watching cams. I've always used MFC but have dabbled elsewhere for a specific model or two. As many others have stated, I think my behavior has changed slightly though. In the first two years I was a bit all over the place and would do private shows with anyone I thought was attractive and could satisfy my physical desire. Then I met a cam model that I really clicked with and while I've done shows with many different models since meeting her she has been the number one.
Basically, I spread the love a lot more when I started but now I have 1-3 models I am more loyal to with still the 1 being my favorite. Always had and still have a preference for private/skype shows and PM interaction over public.

Reactions: jekster and Mila_
Status
Not open for further replies.