AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Mods (moderators) and knights, what do you gain from what you do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2022
I reeeeeally hope mods/knights reply my question, instead of others in their behalf. So what do you gain from being one?
I get that it can be something concrete or pretty abstract; just please try to explain it the best you can.

And this is actually for a talk I'm working on for a camming training event. Thanks in advance!

Depends on the girls. With cb u allowed free pm but ofc that depends on if the lady wants u sending her PM's.

Also with crazy ticket show some models have it so that mods get discounts of free entry.

Reactions: Lou_King_
I never do it for freebies, I have just always liked being able to help people.
Me, I have grown up on the internet, and I have always used forums. Namely, I used "ProBoards" forums, where you can create your own free message board. In this everyone helps one another, be it with graphic design, or coding (it had its own editable coding and design so you could do anything with it).. And there were message boards created entirely for these purposes and for many many other purposes too. So for me, I "got into" the mindset to help anyone if I can, and from there it just continued into real life and on camsites. Note: I started on the message boards from around the age of 14 or 15, so I was still young (these were no adult sites, so don't worry - but it's also how I started to learn and enjoy design/coding). So many people wanted to customize their own message board, so I would create entire themes for them that anyone could use and install. It was such a great experience in terms of learning to share (really the whole "sharing is caring" quote makes sense in places like that).

I will always help people if I am able to, not completely selflessly, of course, by this, I don't mean I want some nudity or whatever in return. What I mean is, as a "whole", one day I may need help with something (something online or in real life) and I would hope that someone would "come to my rescue" and help or give the advice I need.

As an adult, I can understand and appreciate things a lot more, especially when it comes to time and the internet. A lot of models have other jobs, kids, and other duties, so if I can help to save them a headache (I don't have a family to look after so I have more time than a lot) I am no expert for computers or the internet (by far), but I am comfortable, and a lot of models are a bit scared to touch things or to look etc so if I can help them with it, then I am more than happy to.

it's really that simple for me.

I have never looked for (or received any) privileges as a knight on SC. I have also never asked to be made a knight, I firmly believe that any user who asks to be made one, should in fact never be made one (I think asking is indicative of a certain personality type that should not be indulged in such a way).

What do I get from it? Well I'm a nice guy :rofl: , I like to be helpful to my friends in real life, so for me it is an extension of that into my virtual friendships. Being able to help my model friend by muting idiots and answering simple questions when she is busy allows her to concentrate on her show and keeps the room atmosphere positive and moving.

I will always help people if I am able to, not completely selflessly, of course, by this, I don't mean I want some nudity or whatever in return. What I mean is, as a "whole", one day I may need help with something (something online or in real life) and I would hope that someone would "come to my rescue" and help or give the advice I need.
Yep, karma, or "what goes around comes around". I try to live by a similar ethic. If someone needs help and giving that help will not act to the detriment of me or my family or living conditions, I will try my utmost to help.

I’m a moderator in one room currently. I’ve been a moderator for probably a dozen or so models total.

Not once did I ask for that role. In every case, it was just given to me without discussion. And none of those models asked me to actually do the job of moderator. In each case, the model did it mostly out of trust, or simply wanting to see her well-behaved regulars in a special color on the user list. Maybe one or two did it as a tactic to keep a tipper loyal, too… I don’t know.

I don’t get anything out of it except for maybe a sense that I’m helping, on the rare occasion that I do have to silence someone while the model is preoccupied. But that is a rare occurrence.

I don’t really enjoy the actual task of moderating a chatroom. So even with my favorite models, I’ve never been remotely interested in asking for the role. But when I get mod privileges given to me, I don’t refuse them either because I consider it a nice gesture.

Like many who previously replied, I was made a moderator without any discussions, and certainly without asking for it.
It was at the very end of one of the most amazing shows I'd experienced to date, and there was no question in my mind that I had found a room that I wanted to stay in.
So if the model did it to convince me to return, it was a completely unnecessary gesture :)
But that was years ago, and I have been her moderator ever since.
I have never asked for anything in return, nor ever will, that probably says enough about my motivation for being there.
What do I get out of it? I invest my time and tokens in return for hanging out with, and doing my best to help and support, one of my most favourite people.

I am a mod. She didn't ask me, just one day I was appointed. But I started following her in her first week over a year ago and we became close really quickly. English isn't her first language so I often translate things to her or silence rude users before she even notices.

I just enjoy hanging out with her and we laugh a lot. Obviously we play occasionally but I tip regularly and never ask for anything free. It has become an opportunity to hangout with a friend and help her when she needs someone she can trust.

forum knows my negative opinions on mods in general. so im sorry for sounding like a broken record, but i dont see the point of them. sure the idea is for them to help out with a rowdy chat. moderators are a relatively new concept and lots of other sites dont have them. us models who work sites without mods function, and maintain our chat just fine. i know you were only interested in hearing from mods/knights but that's bias and im annoying.

i think it's not good if members who do become a moderator focus on what they gain. idk it's such a weird way to view a relationship that's probably based on trust, respect, or seniority. we all know there are members who actively try to become mods because of the potential perks and special treatment from "helping". those people leave a weird taste in my mouth.

i totally agree lots of models use modding high spenders as a part of their hustle. it's like becoming a platinum member for some company that you spent a lot of money on. like credit cards or airfare. we all recognize businesses do this in a way to keep customers loyal. usually, there are additional perks not available to the regular customer get. basically to influence my customer not to go to another competitor. of course perks range from model to model like most businesses.
---

im curious about this subject being included in a camming training event since its very niche to a few sites.

I found all the above comments valid, some models like the feeling of support i think, especially new models can benefit from a caring chat about how to operate the basic tools. The only time I have done it was to help a brand new model. I have been asked if could do it on a regular basis, several times however I am not online regularly enough to be reliable and I don;'t always have tokens. ( i do not like being in a models room unless I can tip unless under exceptionally rare circumstances)

I agree with AudriTwo's point that they are not needed generally, especially in rooms with low member count. Maybe in a large room if a lot of guys are spreading negative chat and ruining the vibe of the room, I have seen a mod work well there to free up the model to attend to pm's and maybe score a private or two while the mod filters out the d_ckheads and bans them.

Highlander, Rockin, Ozzie and Smoothie seem like genuine guys who have helped models manage the idiots. I have often thought in a room, "I wish someone would ban this idiot!" then next thing i know a mod has done it as the model was busy. That helps all of us i think.

Are mods absolutely necessary? No, do they help? They can do. Some young models choose mods too early and I think regret it and learn from it.

As always in life, if your intentions are good and you stick to the goal, (more tokens for the model), then all is well.

I've been thinking about Mods recently. But I think I'd rather have finely tuned voice and motion-activated commands. I think it might be a bit of a pipe dream though.
(Sorry to distract. Just throwing that in there in case some innovative techy person reads this and decides to go down that rabbit hole, innovate the cam world, and thus make my life substantially easier).

ETA; Some customizable holograms would be nice too lol

Last edited:
  • Wat?!
Reactions: Lou_King_
"I have also never asked to be made a knight"

"Not once did I ask for that role. In every case, it was just given to me without discussion"

"I was made a moderator without any discussions, and certainly without asking for it"

"She didn't ask me, just one day I was appointed."

I like the seemingly casual, almost innocent bystander nature of the "good mod" selection process.

Somehow mystical, magical and mysterious all at once.

🙂

"Not once did I ask for that role. In every case, it was just given to me without discussion"

"I was made a moderator without any discussions, and certainly without asking for it"

I like the seemingly casual, almost innocent bystander nature of the "good mod" selection process.

🙂

Sorry man. What do you want to hear?

“I’m a pathetic man with no tokens and a desperate need for power over a model’s visitors.”

Better?

I never do it for freebies, I have just always liked being able to help people.
Me, I have grown up on the internet, and I have always used forums. Namely, I used "ProBoards" forums, where you can create your own free message board. In this everyone helps one another, be it with graphic design, or coding (it had its own editable coding and design so you could do anything with it).. And there were message boards created entirely for these purposes and for many many other purposes too. So for me, I "got into" the mindset to help anyone if I can, and from there it just continued into real life and on camsites. Note: I started on the message boards from around the age of 14 or 15, so I was still young (these were no adult sites, so don't worry - but it's also how I started to learn and enjoy design/coding). So many people wanted to customize their own message board, so I would create entire themes for them that anyone could use and install. It was such a great experience in terms of learning to share (really the whole "sharing is caring" quote makes sense in places like that).

As an adult, I can understand and appreciate things a lot more, especially when it comes to time and the internet. A lot of models have other jobs, kids, and other duties, so if I can help to save them a headache (I don't have a family to look after so I have more time than a lot) I am no expert for computers or the internet (by far), but I am comfortable, and a lot of models are a bit scared to touch things or to look etc so if I can help them with it, then I am more than happy to.

it's really that simple for me.

Amazing and inspiring. The world definitely needs more folk of this mindset. 🖤

Reactions: NotYou
especially new models can benefit from a caring chat about how to operate the basic tools.
I believe that new models especially shouldn't appoint mods and just learn to moderate chat by themselves (and do enough research before starting to know how to operate the basic tools). New models don't have long time regulars they could know as trustworthy enough and they often didn't develop good instincts needed at this job yet. They can too easily end up with some wannabe "mentor" or a grey guy spamming TIP NOW gifs, so unless they have someone trusted who knows the site i.e. a more experienced model friend who is willing to help them they should just rely on themselves imo.

🙂

it's like harry potter learning he is a wizard. really thrusts you into a mystical, magical, mysterious sexy world.

I believe that new models especially shouldn't appoint mods and just learn to moderate chat by themselves (and do enough research before starting to know how to operate the basic tools). New models don't have long time regulars they could know as trustworthy enough and they often didn't develop good instincts needed at this job yet. They can too easily end up with some wannabe "mentor" or a grey guy spamming TIP NOW gifs, so unless they have someone trusted who knows the site i.e. a more experienced model friend who is willing to help them they should just rely on themselves imo.

it's like harry potter learning he is a wizard. really thrusts you into a mystical, magical, mysterious sexy world.

I fully agree
Some models though, even experienced ones, just seem like they "need" a mod or knight. I have been moderators or just a regular of models where, if they don't have a "regular mod" there with them for that day (they may already have 10, but they are on at different times with her), she seems to just appoint "the next best thing" (being another "random" user who is a semi-regular that sometimes talks and/or tips). It's a strange thing, but I think some do it so they have company there because one thing I have learned is some (a lot?) of models will appoint a mod (this is on CB more than somewhere like SC and knights) so they feel a bit obligated to stay there with her and keep chatting so she doesn't get bored. I have even done it myself a lot in the past.

But some just can't seem to go a day without having a mod, whether it's because they want the person to do "mod" duties or just be there to chat with them. Or maybe other reasons too, I don't know.

Reactions: Highlander884
I have never seen the role of a knight to be a mentor!
The model must run their room as they see fit. A knight is a helper, not a teacher.
This 100%.

But some just can't seem to go a day without having a mod, whether it's because they want the person to do "mod" duties or just be there to chat with them. Or maybe other reasons too, I don't know.
i have a theory. if a model has a mod constantly in her room, she doesnt have to worry about having an empty room. having a somewhat active chat can sway members to stay in your room longer.

smart-thinking.gif

🙂
No need for magic.
For every time someone is appointed a moderator and turns out to be a positive addition, there's many more who are the opposite and either get banned for being a control freak on a power trip, or just move on because they got what they wanted and have little interest in genuinely supporting the model.
Considering the nature of the ACF community, members who are viewers are far more likely to be genuinely motivated towards their favourite models, so those comments you quoted above will over-represent the examples of mods/knights turning out to be ok.

Last edited:
No need for magic.
For every time someone is appointed a moderator and turns out to be a positive addition, there's many more who are the opposite and either get banned for being a control freak on a power trip, or just move on because they got what they wanted and have little interest in genuinely supporting the model.
Considering the nature of the ACF community, members who are viewers are far more likely to be genuinely motivated towards their favourite models, so those comments you quoted above will over-represent the examples of mods/knights turning out to be ok.

The moderators that weren’t out seeking to become a mod are far less likely to go overboard if they get “modded” because they weren’t that interested in the task in the first place.

A lot of models in this space have stated the ideal amount of mod activity in a room is either zero, or extremely little.

There’s a positive correlation between those two things.

And I figure the “magical mystical,” “innocent bystander” post was intended to clown us for thinking we’re special or something. Whatever.

i think, especially new models can benefit from a caring chat about how to operate the basic tools.
yeah.. nah. don't try to teach your grandmother to suck eggs.

If you haven't been a (at least moderately) successful model, keep your advice to yourself. I am embarrassed to say that in my very early days I tried to advise a new model who made me a knight, and in hindsight I was an absolute idiot! (albeit genuinely well-intentioned) :shy:

Unless a model asks for my opinion (not my advice -- a subtle difference) I would rarely offer it. And actually I would only offer an observation to my friend for whom I knight and who I have known for some years now. But it is NEVER advice. I offer an opinion / observation, she reads it, takes it on board or ignores as she sees fit, and we move on to discussing or sharing the next example of decadently tasty but bad for you food; how stupidly difficult we each think the other's language is to learn; or some other random shit.

Often it is me sending her photos of my latest home or garden renovation project and her making appreciative noises in response much like a parent does to a favourite but rather untalented child when presented with coloured daubings on a piece of paper :rofl:

And I figure the “magical mystical,” “innocent bystander” post was intended to clown us for thinking we’re special or something. Whatever.
i dont think it was you bbs TG was clowning if that was his intention. i thought it was endearing. making light on the parallels of a common literary trope, the hero's journey, and your dude's common experience. someone who was once an outsider unexpectedly experiencing new responsibilities and adventure eg) star wars, harry potter, king arthur, jack and the beanstalk.

Apologies @Smoothie that you got that impression from my post. There was no intent on my part to clown any individual or group. Prompted by the quotes early in the thread, my post was meant as a playful affectionate observation on the serendipity that brings some mods and models together.

👍

Status
Not open for further replies.