AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

More stupid questions from a newbie couple…….

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2012
Profile questions for newbie…….

First, let me explain my unique situation….
I’m an American married to a beautiful Thai woman with children and living in Thailand and we are going for it with the camgirl experience for several reasons….the main one being $$ and the flexibility of working from home and making your own hours. My wife @ 40 yrs old has the body of a 25 yr old even after having 2 children and now that the kids are old enough to take care of themselves more, we have the time and privacy to start the webcam thing. Also, my income from the US has slowed down due to the economy and we need to supplement it.

my questions

1] What’s the best company for an Asian MILF to work with?? From what I’ve read and heard, MFC is the best….true?? and can we sign up with multiple sites at the same time and [possibly] double our profits??

2] our ideas for an online ‘handle’…. ‘Asian MILF’, ‘Hot Asian MILF’, Naughty Asian MILF’ or we’re open to other suggestions.

3] She is a bit camera shy, but I have confidence she will get over that, but a couple of things that she will have problems with are the language barrier and technical issues and that’s where I will come in…..off camera, of course and will operate the keyboard and camera/lighting etc. My guess is that there are many other guys in the background supporting their wives or girlfriends on line??

4] for security and legal [yes, it’s illegal here in Thailand], we’ll use either another country as an online address. Maybe generic California or Hawaii, where there are a lot of Asians…….good idea??

5] She is quite open minded and enjoys the use of sex toys and the only problem we will have is getting them [yes, they are illegal here too]…..but can get them ‘under the table’ in some areas and we have a couple to start with and can be creative with fruit and vegetables?? Any other ideas??

6] And finally [until my next post] is my most important concern…….Will or can her new camsexgirl profession affect our relationship, either negatively or positively?? We have a little experience swinging and she has opened her mind a lot in the 10+ yrs that we have been married and we both are beyond jealousy at this point. I don’t have any problems with her showing off to strangers…..in fact it kinda turns me on, but I’m sure that ‘thrill’ will wear off with time. Bottom line, we have a strong relationship, but I don’t want to jeopardize it for a few $$.

Thanks in advance for your feedback and I’m thankful that I have found this site to inform us before we jump into the shark infested waters out there.

supportave husband said:
First, let me explain my unique situation….

This situation isn't very "unique", mate... In fact, it's very, very common.

supportave husband said:
3] She is a bit camera shy, but I have confidence she will get over that, but a couple of things that she will have problems with are the language barrier and technical issues and that’s where I will come in…..off camera, of course and will operate the keyboard and camera/lighting etc. My guess is that there are many other guys in the background supporting their wives or girlfriends on line??

MFC rules don't allow men in the same room as a model working on cam. It doesn't matter if you are not visible on the cam, even hearing your voice would be enough to get her banned from the site...

supportave husband said:
4] for security and legal [yes, it’s illegal here in Thailand], we’ll use either another country as an online address. Maybe generic California or Hawaii, where there are a lot of Asians…….good idea??

You'll have to use a very good proxy server for that to work, something that will cost you money. IP addresses show your location and that's what MFC uses for their location filters. You can lie all you want on your profile, but you will not be able to cover up a crime by putting in a different location on your profile.

supportave husband said:
5] She is quite open minded and enjoys the use of sex toys and the only problem we will have is getting them [yes, they are illegal here too]…..but can get them ‘under the table’ in some areas and we have a couple to start with and can be creative with fruit and vegetables?? Any other ideas??

MFC rules also states that it is not allowed to use objects for penetration that were not made for this purpose.

supportave husband said:
6] And finally [until my next post] is my most important concern…….Will or can her new camsexgirl profession affect our relationship, either negatively or positively?? We have a little experience swinging and she has opened her mind a lot in the 10+ yrs that we have been married and we both are beyond jealousy at this point. I don’t have any problems with her showing off to strangers…..in fact it kinda turns me on, but I’m sure that ‘thrill’ will wear off with time. Bottom line, we have a strong relationship, but I don’t want to jeopardize it for a few $$.

Thanks in advance for your feedback and I’m thankful that I have found this site to inform us before we jump into the shark infested waters out there.

Honestly, mate, how the hell should we know?? We don't know you, we don't know your relationship. You might find yourselves growing closer and even see a big improvement in the sack because she is feeling hella sexy, or she might start feeling independent from making her own money and leave you - or anything in between! We have no way of knowing that, all relationships are different.

:twocents-02cents:

I think your biggest problem will be the language barrier. If you have to translate things for her, that will most likely be a turn-off for a lot of guys. The camming world is a pretty saturated market as it is, having additional obstacles to overcome makes it that much harder. Best of luck to you both.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Bocefish said:
I think your biggest problem will be the language barrier.

I can not really see how I am supposed to say naughty or personal things to a model if I have to tell her husband first. My favorite model has a man, but I could not imagine asking him to tell his wife I said she has nice boobies. The man is not blind, so he already knows she has nice boobies, but I still would not ask that of him.

supportave husband said:
my questions

1] What’s the best company for an Asian MILF to work with?? From what I’ve read and heard, MFC is the best….true?? and can we sign up with multiple sites at the same time and [possibly] double our profits??

You are allowed by MFC, and some other sites, to stream to multiple camsites at once. However, this is highly discouraged by all the sites involved. I've never tried it, although some ladies around here have and they might be able to give you better information.

2] our ideas for an online ‘handle’…. ‘Asian MILF’, ‘Hot Asian MILF’, Naughty Asian MILF’ or we’re open to other suggestions.
Whatever floats your boat. I think the majority of models on ACF have stage names, so instead of being called 'Cute Lil Hooker' or 'California Teen' we have actual names like Evvie, Aeden, and Amber. But it just depends on what you want.

Your lighting probably should not be dynamic. That is, you should have lights set up, they stay that way, and you don't need to "operate" them while she's streaming. Likewise, most models have a static camera that they just pick up and move when they move. It's not very technician-heavy. Also... most models don't type a whole lot, either. So there is really no need to have someone there doing all these mostly unnecessary things.

There are some guys in the background, yes. However, they are usually seen in lower-income rooms and they create an additional barrier between the model and the members.

Yes, these things are against the rules of MFC, but I've never heard of them being enforced. Use at your own risk.

Of course it can affect your relationship. She's getting a new job, one which will require a lot of work and boundaries to cross. My relationship didn't change at all when I started camming. Some other ladies have had a lot more trouble than I. You know the answer to this better than we do.

If you can survive swinging, though, you can probably survive this.

I agree with everything AliceDoe and Evvie have said. I'd like to add this:

3] She is a bit camera shy, but I have confidence she will get over that, but a couple of things that she will have problems with are the language barrier and technical issues and that’s where I will come in…..off camera, of course and will operate the keyboard and camera/lighting etc.
Sorry to be so direct, but that won't work at all.
If you're operating the keyboard and replying to the guys in your wife's room, the members will easily be able to tell there's something fishy going on. They'll know someone is in the room - what else are they supposed to think when words are appearing on their screen, seemingly written by the model, but your wife never had her hands on a keyboard? They'll ask who's writing/typing, and you won't be able to come up with a believable excuse. If you say there's a female friend of hers in the room, they'll want to see her.

Eventually they will know that the model's male partner is in the room and they'll report her to MFC. MFC has zero tolerance for men in the room and they'll ban her as soon as they can.

Even if you manage to keep your presence in the room a secret from the members for a little while - which I doubt - it's only a matter of time before one of you makes a mistake and they'll know. It's not worth the try in my opinion.

My guess is that there are many other guys in the background supporting their wives or girlfriends on line??
I've never heard of something like this.
Even the girls who can't speak English very well at least know enough to be able to communicate with members on a very basic level.

Have you ever thought about camming on a different site together, as a couple? Then you could be the one who deals with all the communication with the members, while your wife is just being sexy. :)

LilyMarie said:
Have you ever thought about camming on a different site together, as a couple? Then you could be the one who deals with all the communication with the members, while your wife is just being sexy. :)
This is what I would do. Streamate allows couples and the earnings on there are pretty decent. Speaking from experience, I made decent money on there camming with my roommate. It might seem more natural for translation purposes if you went that route. That would also eliminate the need for toys. :thumbleft:

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Thanks for the positive [and negative] replies…….

‘MFC rules don't allow men in the same room as a model working on cam. It doesn't matter if you are not visible on the cam, even hearing your voice would be enough to get her banned from the site...’

Yeah, but we all know there’s someone behind the scenes, especially when a girl is operating 2 dildos and is typing ‘oh yeaaah’ [with her toes??]
I will plan my presence to be very discrete just to get her started and confident and will eventually fade out of the background once she is confident enough to fly solo.

‘I think your biggest problem will be the language barrier. If you have to translate things for her, that will most likely be a turn-off for a lot of guys.’

Her English is probably ok to start and the level of English spoken on cam is not college level for sure……she knows the basics, like pussy, tits and take it off etc. from my observations, there are probably about 20 phrases that make up 90% of the dialogue in the rooms, right?? especially the Asian rooms!
And with music playing in the background, most verbal conversation is drowned out. I could set her up with some standard ‘word doc’ replies that she could cut and paste…..or are there any other tricks of the trade that anyone cares to share??

‘They'll know someone is in the room - what else are they supposed to think when words are appearing on their screen, seemingly written by the model, but your wife never had her hands on a keyboard?’

Easy…..just have a remote keyboard or a fake notebook for her to pretend to use. There is so much ‘lag’ in the cam display that a second wouldn’t matter.

‘Have you ever thought about camming on a different site together, as a couple? Then you could be the one who deals with all the communication with the members, while your wife is just being sexy. :)

That’s a thought……any suggestions as to which are the best??

Thanks again for the feedback

supportave husband said:
Thanks for the positive [and negative] replies…….

‘MFC rules don't allow men in the same room as a model working on cam. It doesn't matter if you are not visible on the cam, even hearing your voice would be enough to get her banned from the site...’

Yeah, but we all know there’s someone behind the scenes, especially when a girl is operating 2 dildos and is typing ‘oh yeaaah’ [with her toes??]
I will plan my presence to be very discrete just to get her started and confident and will eventually fade out of the background once she is confident enough to fly solo.

‘I think your biggest problem will be the language barrier. If you have to translate things for her, that will most likely be a turn-off for a lot of guys.’

Her English is probably ok to start and the level of English spoken on cam is not college level for sure……she knows the basics, like pussy, tits and take it off etc. from my observations, there are probably about 20 phrases that make up 90% of the dialogue in the rooms, right?? especially the Asian rooms!
And with music playing in the background, most verbal conversation is drowned out. I could set her up with some standard ‘word doc’ replies that she could cut and paste…..or are there any other tricks of the trade that anyone cares to share??

‘They'll know someone is in the room - what else are they supposed to think when words are appearing on their screen, seemingly written by the model, but your wife never had her hands on a keyboard?’

Easy…..just have a remote keyboard or a fake notebook for her to pretend to use. There is so much ‘lag’ in the cam display that a second wouldn’t matter.

‘Have you ever thought about camming on a different site together, as a couple? Then you could be the one who deals with all the communication with the members, while your wife is just being sexy. :)

That’s a thought……any suggestions as to which are the best??

Thanks again for the feedback

If there's someone behind the scenes, it's a woman. MFC are very strict about this particular rule and they WILL ban you for breaking it. If you want to risk it, that's your prerogative.

As for the English spoken on cam - I always keep my English at an educated level, be it off or on cam. I can't tell you if it's college level, but it's certainly a lot more advanced then "pussy, tits and take it off". Having standard responses for her to copy+paste would probably get her room empty pretty quickly.

I say you will do a great investment if you just get her an intensive course in conversational English (she doesn't have to be able to discuss physics in her room - I do that but I am probably one of the very few - just get her up to conversation level). My guess is you would save yourself a lot of hassle doing that.

Honestly I don't think MFC is the site for you, especially if you want to actually make money. All of your ideas of how a cam room works are COMPLETELY wrong for MFC. I suggest Stream Mate. You can actually do shows together there too and I can almost guarantee you that you'll make more there with how you want to run the room for your wife.
Good luck.

supportave husband said:
3] She is a bit camera shy, but I have confidence she will get over that

If she's not comfortable if front of the camera, she won't just overcome it because you have confidence that she will. If paying members don't feel like she's doing this because she wants to, then they won't be interested. Members can always tell if a model is really into it.

If a girl is not into the camming or is camera shy, people will notice and be immediately turned off. This job is NOT for everyone. If you are not comfortable in front of the cam, it will leave a bad taste in people's mouth and they will not spend money, no matter how good you look.

People come to MFC to get a personal experience with models- having a flowing conversation, getting to know someone, etc. It sets MFC apart from any other site. Due to your situation, you may want to look at another site such as Streamate. The people on the site will be more understanding and you may be able to run the room they way you are looking for.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
supportave husband said:

We do?? A lot of cam girls have boyfriends/flatmates/whatever in the house while they cam, and on a subconscious level if nothing else, I guess we're aware that there's gonna be someone else floating around the house while a cam girl is at work. But I can honestly say I've never been in a girl's room and felt like there was a guy just off cam playing puppeteer. If I ever thought that, I probably wouldn't spend much time in that room. If I'm spending time with a cam girl, I at least like to think that it's them I'm spending time with - that they're their own person making their own decisions, that their answers to the room's questions aren't generic soundbites prepared by their significant other, ya know?
And while I dont really ever do them, I'd imagine the volume of a cam girl's private-taking clientele would be greatly (and negatively) effected if they thought that there was gonna be a guy in the room with that girl, pulling the strings the whole time. Kinda takes a sizeable doo-doo on the foundation of the "private session", no? :twocents-02cents:

mynameisbob84 said:
supportave husband said:

We do?? A lot of cam girls have boyfriends/flatmates/whatever in the house while they cam, and on a subconscious level if nothing else, I guess we're aware that there's gonna be someone else floating around the house while a cam girl is at work. But I can honestly say I've never been in a girl's room and felt like there was a guy just off cam playing puppeteer. If I ever thought that, I probably wouldn't spend much time in that room. If I'm spending time with a cam girl, I at least like to think that it's them I'm spending time with - that they're their own person making their own decisions, that their answers to the room's questions aren't generic soundbites prepared by their significant other, ya know?
And while I dont really ever do them, I'd imagine the volume of a cam girl's private-taking clientele would be greatly (and negatively) effected if they thought that there was gonna be a guy in the room with that girl, pulling the strings the whole time. Kinda takes a sizeable doo-doo on the foundation of the "private session", no? :twocents-02cents:

I suspect that Mr "Supportive" right here is in the mindset that women simply can't manage their own careers, and that there simply must be a man pulling the strings for a girl to be making money... Because, a person lacking a Y-chromosome can't possibly have the creativity and ingenuity to control her own shows and think of solutions to communicative problems while pleasuring herself, right? :woops: :-x

supportave husband said:
Bottom line, we have a strong relationship, but I don’t want to jeopardize it for a few $$.

Eh, at the risking of sounding like a dick prying into other folk's business, why you doing this then?
Everything you've said on this forum suggests this is a bad idea, and I'm a little confused as to why you seem so determined to go through with it.
You've stated that your wife is shy. Does she even WANT this job? If she's shy, she's probably not going to enjoy being naked in front of potentially thousands of strangers each day.
You've stated that this job is illegal in your country.
You've stated that the language barier is going to be a problem.
You've stated that you're concerned about this whole thing ruining your relationship.

As far as I can tell, the ONLY upshot of this venture, is the money. You say you don't want to jeopardize your relationship for the money, but if you're not doing that, then what are you doing?

If your wife can grasp basic english than this is good enough! Can she type in english say for her room topic?
Anyway I don't think it's a good idea for you to be "behind the scenes" this is your wifes business not yours. I'd feel really creepy if I was trying to get sexy with members and my boyfriend was hiding under my desk.. Maybe have a little faith in your wife and teach her the technical side of things also it sounds like your wife maybe reluctant to start camming. Camming is a huge choice and it should be her decision not yours.

I'd say you both need to go to LJ or a site where there are mixed [couples] rooms for sure.
Your apparent "dont give a crap about MFC man rules" might get you by for a few times, but believe me, there are enough trolls online that you/she will be reported to admin and thereby lose any and all tokens when they ban the account.
As for the "music drowning out most chat".... that's not very conducive to building a room. Most folks I know [tipping members] immediately hit next if the music's that loud, doesn't matter what she looks like.

The very few times I do see something like this, its not a pretty picture. The room is full of folks berating the girl, arguing with the pimp or whatever and despite what shes doing, if there's anything negative going on, no one tips.
And,in case you are new enough to all this to not know, MFC used to have an "Asian page". One of the reasons it was shut down was for "deception."

Combine all this that everyone else has mentioned and with your needing to use a fast and reliable proxy which will cost you $$, [since its the only way you can fool locations and avoid local laws] perhaps you should put off this idea and find some other way to make cash.
:dontknow:

sexyvee_x said:
If your wife can grasp basic english than this is good enough! Can she type in english say for her room topic?

I don't think "pussy, tits, and take it off" qualifies as basic english, though. I WOULDN'T say this is good enough, but maybe that's just me. In my opinion, everything this guy is describing is not the way to run a successful room but the way to put a room on the fast track to the third page. :twocents-02cents:

sexyvee_x said:
I was more talking about basic conversation not just pussy tits & ass nvm.

Well, he does mention those as examples of her "basic English", which is why we all assume that those are the words she knows. We have no ground for thinking she can hold a conversation any more complicated than following orders to do sexual things...

Reactions: AllisonWilder
LOL my behind the scenes guy is usually playing video games at the other end of the room. His only contribution is the occasional BURP

"Oh that's the dog!!!"

lOL.

Many of us have supportive husbands and boyfriends. Though they may do website maintenance, video filming and editing, picture taking and editing and administrative tasks, bookeeping etc... There are NO successful MFC camgirls that I am aware of that have a second person TYPING in the room from off screen or doing anything else hands on while they cam. It just DOES NOT HAPPEN.

There are some MFC camgirls that do it. Usually studio models. They don't make much.

When you get on webcam - clothed or not - you are selling yourself. Your authentic self. She doesn't need to pretend to be someone else. If she's a little shy, she can be honest about that. If she struggles with english, she can be honest about that too.

I'd reccomend that she immediately try to better her english skills (THIS would be THE BIGGEST thing you can do to help her - give her english lessons).

Myfreecams is a highly social site. If she has skills that allow her to RELATE to the members in her room, she will do fine. The more barriers you put between a model and her members - like 'typing' through another person... the less personal it becomes.

ON cam, honesty has always worked better for me. If it's something personal I don't want to talk about, I don't 'lie' or 'cover up' I simply say "I'm not comfortable talking about it" and move conversations along.

Off topic here but I have a question. If your wife can only say Pussy ass & tits how do you hold a everyday conversation with her? Unless you yourself speak fluent Thai? Thus this is why I assumed her conversation level of english was above sexual commands.....

sexyvee_x said:
Off topic here but I have a question. If your wife can only say Pussy ass & tits how do you hold a everyday conversation with her? Unless you yourself speak fluent Thai? Thus this is why I assumed her conversation level of english was above sexual commands.....

Maybe sexual commands is pretty much the only "conversation" going on in their house... :?

NoelleBright said:
sexyvee_x said:

I don't think "pussy, tits, and take it off" qualifies as basic english, though. I WOULDN'T say this is good enough, but maybe that's just me. In my opinion, everything this guy is describing is not the way to run a successful room but the way to put a room on the fast track to the third page. :twocents-02cents:

This is a successful way of running a room on SM or LJ, but never MFC. If you can't be personable, approachable, sweet and genuine, you will never make it on MFC. Sure, you'll make a few bucks with the new model tag, but once that's gone, your members will be, too.

@Supportave Husband - I'd personally feel more comfortable with the actual 'potential' camgirl asking these questions. It feels a lot like you're calling all the shots here and that throws up a red flag for me. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it feels a lot like YOU want her to do this and she really doesn't want to/has no control/something. If I ever wandered into a room that gave me that vibe, I'd click next very quickly. I can only assume that most members would wander away from what's seemingly a train wreck, too. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Nordling
AllisonWilder said:
NoelleBright said:
sexyvee_x said:

This is a successful way of running a room on SM or LJ, but never MFC. If you can't be personable, approachable, sweet and genuine, you will never make it on MFC. Sure, you'll make a few bucks with the new model tag, but once that's gone, your members will be, too.

@Supportave Husband - I'd personally feel more comfortable with the actual 'potential' camgirl asking these questions. It feels a lot like you're calling all the shots here and that throws up a red flag for me. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it feels a lot like YOU want her to do this and she really doesn't want to/has no control/something. If I ever wandered into a room that gave me that vibe, I'd click next very quickly. I can only assume that most members would wander away from what's seemingly a train wreck, too. :twocents-02cents:
My thought too. And when I see a husband refer to his wife as a "MILF," I wonder if there's any respect in the relationship. (I realize there are exceptions--some couples refer back and forth to each other in disrespectful terms, but it's all part of their personal 'play,' and those are exceptions.)

Reactions: AllisonWilder
Nordling said:
AllisonWilder said:
NoelleBright said:
sexyvee_x said:

My thought too. And when I see a husband refer to his wife as a "MILF," I wonder if there's any respect in the relationship. (I realize there are exceptions--some couples refer back and forth to each other in disrespectful terms, but it's all part of their personal 'play,' and those are exceptions.)

I can overlook the MILF thing because I like to be called a MILF by my guy, but I don't know how comfortable I'd be with him throwing it out there on a public forum.

I honestly hope I'm just paranoid here. Camming has the ability to make an otherwise chill girl really paranoid and touchy about certain things, I think.

Reactions: Nordling
To sum up my feelings on all the questions/posts by "SupportAve Husband":

It sounds like it's destined to fail with your mindset and plans.

Maybe you should get a job instead. And she could get a job that highlights her strengths instead of trying to work on her weaknesses.

Just sayin'.

By the way I know that MANY people agree with my thoughts in the last post but are just too polite to say it like that.

It does sound fishy. It seems like he is forcing her to do something that he has even admitted she wasn't really prepared to do. He has even said it seems like she isn't prepared to do this. This seems destined to fail, there shouldn't HAVE to be someone pushing her into this. If it is illegal to do this for a living, you are putting her at risk just as much as you are putting yourself at risk.

Honestly, it sounds as if she shouldn't be in this business unless she chooses it herself. You simply can't force her to do something she doesn't seem to want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.