AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Music as a turnoff?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Would you leave a model's room if you disliked her music?

• Yes!

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Maybe, depending on how much I disliked the music.

Votes: 56 57.7%
  • No, music taste doesn't bother me.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Music? What music? I'm there for boobies!

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AerynShade

Inactive Cam Model
Jun 1, 2011
My music tastes are as wide and varied as anyone's, but I really enjoy dancing to Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie songs. Problem is, I don't think very many members share my enthusiasm. I haven't really noticed many other models playing similar music.

So members, would you ditch a room where a model is dancing if you dislike the music she's playing?

Musical taste is an expression of the model's personality. There are members who are attracted to every kind of music and every type of personality. Conversely, there are members with an aversion to some types of music and models. You'll never please everyone, so you might as well focus on the members who like you and your music.

While I can manage most kinds of music for a bit, the one thing that will have me leave like a scalded cat is bad or excessively loud audio. There are a few every week that I have to mute completely if I wanna stay at all. (this is running MFC volume @ 1-2%, and my computer less than 10%.) Its especially bad when the gal is actually trying to talk over it. and yes, most of the time others there before me have or are already are saying something about the volume to no avail.

AerynShade said:
My music tastes are as wide and varied as anyone's, but I really enjoy dancing to Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie songs. Problem is, I don't think very many members share my enthusiasm. I haven't really noticed many other models playing similar music.

So members, would you ditch a room where a model is dancing if you dislike the music she's playing?

I play Rob Zombie, Lamb of God and other such bands. My playlist is metal to the max. I'm sure a lot of people don't like it but there are some who do and if they don't they ignore it. If I have to sit through a shift I am going to play music I enjoy.

I recently decided to turn off music. Main reason was, because often when going into model's rooms I'd note the music being too loud/soft/the music would break up so bad that it was better to me to have it off. I would still visit, but it would bug me (though if the model didn't turn down too loud music I'd likely leave).

Music taste however, doesn't really bother me at all.

If it's my first time in a model's room and I know nothing about her (haven't heard of her before, don't know her from Twitter, never read her posts on ACF, etc.) then music can play a big part in whether I stick around a while or move on to the next model. If she's playing something outside of the usual Top 40/mainstream hip-hop/classic rock/"Sail" by AWOLNATION (I don't know what it is about that song but I've heard it in just about every room on MFC I've been in), then I'm more likely to stick around. If they're playing something truly terrible or just the same-old, same-old, I'll be more inclined to leave.

If it's a model I already "know" and have decided I like though, then I'll put up with poopy music.

One of my favorite tip requests for models is song requests, so I may not be the perfect demographic for this poll, with that said, I also agree with most of what everyone else has said:

If the music is a major focus of the models room; if it is too loud or the model is predominately dancing, then music plays an even more important role to whether I stick around then the model herself. If I don't enjoy it, I leave. The models beauty becomes her main selling point, and with beauty being the greatest commodity on MFC it's not a strong selling point.

Sometimes when visiting a new model I'm just there to hang out with someone while listening to music (so tipping for song requests), if the music is too quiet I'll leave (generally after giving the model a chance to turn the music up a little). Unless the model is exceptionally charismatic, then I'll just find something else to tip for.

For models that I've hung out with a few times, music has zero effect for me though.

Reactions: AerynShade
I can understand if music isn't mood enhancing it can ruin a perfectly good boner. But 9-10 I'm certain if you told a model your music stinks change it, she will ban you. LOL save yourself the trouble by either muting or moving onto another person. To each their own but music should be the last worry...lol

I dance to Zombie all the time and it's probably the one artist that get's named in appreciation by random newbies the most. How your body and energy connects to the music as a performance can make anyone love any type of music, IMO.

I listen to a lot of harcore / post / thrashy stuff.
But I do tone it down to more postpunk or beatdown to try appeal to a wider audience. It doesnt translate clearly over MFC's compression. And also to deflect people who think every band with a screamer = metal + screamo. :lol:

I definitely leave a room if I don't like the music AND it is too loud. If it is only one or the other I'll stick around. It's fine to crank the music if you are dancing to it, the mute button works.
However, I think models who are shouting over the music (and plenty do) are hurting themselves. I also think if you have unusual taste you should experiment with playing vanilla and your favorite and see which gets you more money.

It depends. If it's loud enough to be a significant part of what I hear, then there are some things I can only tolerate in moderation. Even if I like the music, if the sound's really screwed up or it makes it hard to hear the model, it's a problem. If the music is very quiet for the viewer and just something the model uses to set a good mood for herself, it pretty much doesn't matter to me what it is. I was a regular for about 2 years in the room of a model who played exclusively stuff I would never play in a million years, but it was placed so that it was hardly audible to us -- mostly she just didn't like camming from a totally silent room. If the model is engaging, that sort of thing can be ignored easily enough.

On the other hand, if I like the music, and it's at a reasonable volume and not badly distorted, it can add to my enjoyment of the room. Obviously I still have to like the model, but it a nice plus.

When I'm watching models, I don't really care too much what exactly she's listening to as long as her audio's decent.

I've noticed that I have to take care with what I play though. I really enjoy listening to Hopsin and Tech N9ne, but people seem to run out of my room if I have either of them going, and I'll end up not making much, if any money. As far as my preference for Celtic music, people either love it and tip me for it, or get really pissy that I'm singing and not naked. The rest of my preference scale doesn't seem to make much difference.

I've left rooms before because the music hurt my head :/
if I'm all headachy there's no way I can handle super loud music no matter how much I like the girl :(
I would agree though that your music taste is a part of your personality and it also sets a lot of the tone for your room. I also think for every person who leaves because they're not into the music there'll be others absolutely loving your choices and dancing away on their end :p

I may or may not dance on my own when watching cute girls dance on cam.. hint: I totally do.

Luxy Reid said:
nickleback

:lol:

ok, not really...but I will rofl the entire time

Coffee shot out my nose when I gasped/snorted/laughed :)
Hurts a little but still pretty funny.

Yeahhhh I wouldn't hang around the Nickleback room too much
Music is a factor for me as well...too loud and to much rap and I am gone bang a gong!

Betsy Booty used to drive me crazy with her playing of "The Game" but since it was Betsy I let it slide with ear cancelling head phones :)
Funny how something as backgroundy as music can impact but it does (Backgroundy is a word I made it up just now thankyou)

Plus you get people like J.J. who play everything from Misfits to west coast punk to Danzig ( I can't put my finger on why I like Danzing...I just do)

I guess I like the variety ...people who mix it up. Not just the standard radio sound coming our of their puter from some play list that a net radio station cranks out.

The Clash still runs things

:character-hobbes:

I have very random music moods... I think most of it throws ppl off since I'm black so i sold be listening to whatever incomprehensible music black folks listen to now a days. Not to say i dint enjoy hip hop but it's usually underground or old school. Think the only time music had been bad is when i have it so loud that no one can hear me. I'll play rave surf one day... goth rock another... video games music. Although Lately I have opted to leave it off unless someone requests that I dance in private...seems easier to just acknowledge ppl and to not talk over music although it is fun to start singing along during slow times :)

I like to say I have the musical tastes of a sixty-year old man. I love Roger Miller, Johnny Paycheck, and Hank Snow. I play a lot of Bob Wills and Asleep at the Wheel. Recently, however, a regular (who shares my musical tastes in many cases) suggested I play some hip hop or punk or something. I like those genres, but I don't own any.

I signed up for the Beats Music streaming service. You can alter the mood of the genres really easily, and because there is such a wide variety, I can play literally anything to reflect the tiniest changes in my moods. I freaking love it.

As my cam persona has changed a little bit, I think the music that I play is changing, too, and I'm okay with that. I now play Reggae, hard core hip hop, tropical music, tejano, indie, whatever strikes me, given the vibe of the room and how I'm feeling. The service gives you a lot of control over what you like or don't (although it has yet to figure out that I like Toby Keith on ZERO occasions), and it's easy to take requests.

You can stream it from your phone or tablet if it screws with your computer, but it doesn't affect mine.

Also, I'm on SM so I use an outside encoder that shows me my audio levels. I can see if I'm too loud in the audio or not.

This may be a slightly off the main topic, but I think it still kind of fits: I find *any* music in a sexy times video to be a big negative. Even if it's music I like a lot, I don't want to hear it there. I'd much rather just hear the lady sounds, even if that means it's silent in a lot of spots. Now, I'm not a huge purchaser of videos, so my opinion doesn't really matter very much, but I'm curious whether many other people feel the same way.

HarmlessSquirrel said:
This may be a slightly off the main topic, but I think it still kind of fits: I find *any* music in a sexy times video to be a big negative. Even if it's music I like a lot, I don't want to hear it there. I'd much rather just hear the lady sounds, even if that means it's silent in a lot of spots. Now, I'm not a huge purchaser of videos, so my opinion doesn't really matter very much, but I'm curious whether many other people feel the same way.

Music is HUGE for me. I feed off it and it greatly influences my shows. My regulars can tell how I'm feeling based on what music I'm playing on any given night & I play a little bit of everything from Billie Holiday to NIN to CCR and Kanye West. Sometimes (ok, a lot of times) I sing along, too. I'm sure I've missed out on meeting some super great guys because they come across my room while I'm in the middle of belting out an Adele tune and they leave immediately. That's OK. I'd rather have music on that I enjoy than to listen to something I don't like or nothing at all in the hopes of attracting someone to my room.

That being said I also put music in every video I make and I have it playing in every show I do. For me, it just sets the mood and helps me get in the moment. I can see how this would be a turn off to some people but if I didn't have music in the background it would feel REALLY weird and I would probably look uncomfortable.

:twocents-02cents:

like SoTxBob said, if I have to adjust my volume settings so much that the model is basically muted, then... I'll leave.

I've sat and tolerated quite a lot of music that I personally don't care for to be in a models room... but I don't think the music alone has ever been a turn off or boner killer, if the model in question managed to turn me on in the first place.

it's sometimes hard finding a model that one likes that shares ones taste in music.

I like most styles of music...but can imagine something completely turning me off, most likely a country song but there could be others just completely out of place. As a rule most models do ok with their music choices.

Can definitely agree with other posts on such topics, that overpowering, distorted noise is a turn off... members hear this often.

I have really wide tastes in music and can listen to almost anything. The only type of music that will make me almost instantly leave a room and move on to the next one is any kind of metal.

Overall though I really prefer a room with music playing it just makes it a nicer atmosphere and if people sing along even better :-D

It depends on the moment. I've had quite few moments where the model is doing some show, and I leave because the music sucks or I'm tired of hearing that particular song. I don't make waves, so it's all good.

My music tastes are super varied as well. I feel out the room honestly. Sometimes I feel alt rock, sometimes classic rock, other times mainstream etc. I find that no one complains about my music even when I am playing spice girls because I react to it and make it fun for everyone. I had "happy pop" as a punishment for a game I played with members and they started taking it as a prize because I would dance to the music and truly enjoyed myself because I love the backstreet boys and dance my butt off to them lol. :lol: :cool:

lexi_love said:
My music tastes are super varied as well. I feel out the room honestly. Sometimes I feel alt rock, sometimes classic rock, other times mainstream etc. I find that no one complains about my music even when I am playing spice girls because I react to it and make it fun for everyone. I had "happy pop" as a punishment for a game I played with members and they started taking it as a prize because I would dance to the music and truly enjoyed myself because I love the backstreet boys and dance my butt off to them lol. :lol: :cool:

Also she lip syncs and we can tease her about it.

Reactions: lexi_love
Elsalil_Stiller said:
I like to say I have the musical tastes of a sixty-year old man. I love Roger Miller, Johnny Paycheck, and Hank Snow. I play a lot of Bob Wills and Asleep at the Wheel.

I love you.

I have a reply for the whole thread, but you stopped me in my tracks. I'm not 60, but I love that music. You do you. It'll all be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.