AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Music as a turnoff?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Would you leave a model's room if you disliked her music?

• Yes!

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Maybe, depending on how much I disliked the music.

Votes: 56 57.7%
  • No, music taste doesn't bother me.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Music? What music? I'm there for boobies!

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, as an idiot member, music is huge. I'm pretty diverse, but if all I hear is "untz, untz, untz" I'm out. Other than that, I'm good with it as long as the sound is at least decent.

Zombie and Manson? I'm in. Country, rock, singer/songwriter, alt, whatever, I'm in as long as the sound is decent. But I just really can't do the "untz".

I'm going to revisit this thread, and add that I actually do think that music has become a bigger factor for me with cam rooms. I'm actually VERY diverse in styles, but when I'm in a models room and the music is more "aggressive" sounding (for lack of a better term), it tends to put me on edge and makes me less relaxed. My mood is very swayed by music so it does make a HUGE difference for me when it comes to how the vibe of the room makes me feel.

:think: Most of my music would be considered "aggressive" by people who aren't familiar with it (some is actually super posi :lol: ).I avoid really grindy stuff because it comes through horribly on MFC's stream.

But I find that I actually have a problem when I play moody/ambient music and just dance slowly. Everyone goes really quiet like they all fell asleep :S

I don't think Ive noticed a difference in tokens other than that, and I play a pretty wide variety of music.

Reactions: hapa74
Jessi said:
:think: Most of my music would be considered "aggressive" by people who aren't familiar with it (some is actually super posi :lol: ).I avoid really grindy stuff because it comes through horribly on MFC's stream.

But I find that I actually have a problem when I play moody/ambient music and just dance slowly. Everyone goes really quiet like they all fell asleep :S

I don't think Ive noticed a difference in tokens other than that, and I play a pretty wide variety of music.

I totally think that variety is key for sure! It's not that I don't like harder rock/metal/rap whatever it may be, just lately I've just been more turned off by it (it probably has to do with where my mind is at right now). I will totally agree about ambient stuff though, it's nice and peaceful, but it can be TOO peaceful sometimes :p

I think the only thing that would bother me is if a model ONLY played like... golden oldies. That's pretty much the only music that could put me off enough to avoid her room. A song or two once in a while for fun, that's ok, but as a constant soundtrack I'd go insane.

No, I wouldn't leave the room because of music selection. But if her music is insanely loud, or worse...if she's doing that annoying screaming/yelling-into-the-mic-causing-annoying-feedback shit, I will leave immediately. :woops: That is not cute at all.

my music is pretty important to me and my room! i use pandora a lot because i think it's amazing :h: i mostly play classic rock, indie, or alternative rock. Usually a lot of Tom Petty, the Beatles, the Doors, Joan Jett, and heart, or weezer, nirvana, Marcy playground, and the fratellis. i don't like hip hop, or pop music at all and i often hear that i have great music tastes for my age lol. I also like a lot of sadder music (the magnetic fields is my fav band :h: ) and some heavy metal (i also like rob zombie!!) but i don't usually play those in my room or if i do i just play one song for my own enjoyment.

usually when a song i love come on i turn it up to boogy, then when i want to chat again/do sexy stuff i turn it down low just for a soft background noise :-D

For some reason I always have my best luck on cam when I'm playing Jethro Tull. Granted I listen them alot on cam. LOL. When I perv, as long as sound quality is decent then it doesn't matter what music they are playing, BUT say there are 2 models who I like the same amount...the room with the better music wins out.

I usually don't care what kind of music is playing(besides maroon 5, ugh), but I can't stay in a room for more than 5 seconds if it's super loud, distorted and sounds like the gal's damn speakers are breaking.
I guess I play all different kinds of music when I cam, but I can see how some of my Ariel Pink or Odd Future could be a turn off. But I always keep the volume fairly low unless I'm doing a dance and I always leave the option to tip for a song request. Hell sometimes I'll do a song request for free if it's a good friend/tipper. I haven't really gotten any complaints.
But with all that being said, it's YOUR room, so be yourself! Users aren't there for the music. :p

Reactions: SoTxBob
My music tastes are as wide and varied as anyone's, but I really enjoy dancing to Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie songs. Problem is, I don't think very many members share my enthusiasm. I haven't really noticed many other models playing similar music.

So members, would you ditch a room where a model is dancing if you dislike the music she's playing?
Love both of those artists and I have played them before in my room. Idk if ppl leave BC of my music though. I guess IDC BC I never ask. I usually turn my music off in pvt just in case it's distracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.