AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Music on a Profile

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexLady

Cam Model
V.I.P. AmberLander
Mar 6, 2010
The Internet
For me it used to be cook back when seeing 20 people in my room was a good day. At the time my profile wasn't read very often, so the simple 8bit music wasn't something I'd find too distracting.

However once I got going on MFC I took it off just because I thought it was too much.

Also whenever I visit another girl's room, it's pretty damn distracting to make me scroll all the way down and turn off the music. Either that, or close the tab to save my time and ears. Plus if I'm watching her on camera, it can drown out what I really want to hear.

What do you guys think of it?

I hate having any sort of music auto-play on a profile. I used to hate that about Myspace, and I hate it even more with MFC profiles. There's one member named Szia who also likes to get attention by posting a video he made on new girls' profiles that seems to auto-play. It's calm music, but still, it irritates the crap out of me.

I HATE music that just starts on profiles especially, as like you say, when a model is talking in her room. I have heard a few that aren't so bad, but as a rule it's a turn off. There was one point where a member would post this video he made with the most annoying music on it with all these scenes of nature and stuff. This member is considered a huge annoyance in the lounge, and it seemed that he had methodically gone through most model's profiles to post this horrendous music...he did it to me, and as soon as I saw it I deleted it. I sometimes have music on my profile, but never auto start.

I like this topic :)

HAHAHA Amber! Thats' the guy I was referring to! You beat me to it!

FluffyDoll said:
I HATE music that just starts on profiles especially, as like you say, when a model is talking in her room. I have heard a few that aren't so bad, but as a rule it's a turn off. There was one point where a member would post this video he made with the most annoying music on it with all these scenes of nature and stuff. This member is considered a huge annoyance in the lounge, and it seemed that he had methodically gone through most model's profiles to post this horrendous music...he did it to me, and as soon as I saw it I deleted it. I sometimes have music on my profile, but never auto start.

I like this topic :)

HAHAHA Amber! Thats' the guy I was referring to! You beat me to it!

Yup!!

AmberCutie said:
There's one member named Szia who also likes to get attention by posting a video he made on new girls' profiles that seems to auto-play. It's calm music, but still, it irritates the crap out of me.
Yes. 1000 times yes.

It's just rude putting some autoplay youtube crap on someone elses profile. I've considered mailing that dude to tell him so, 'Szia you are a dick, stop that shit.' but then I forget about it.

Generally music on profiles does one of two things.
A.)Makes me jump and scream because I wasn't expecting it and am easily startled.So I close the profile and never return.
B.) Is some really gnarly song about love that makes me want to puke and I flounder to close the profile and never return.

CandiedLace said:
Generally music on profiles does one of two things.
A.)Makes me jump and scream because I wasn't expecting it and am easily startled.So I close the profile and never return.
B.) Is some really gnarly song about love that makes me want to puke and I flounder to close the profile and never return.

Sometimes if I can't sleep I'll flip on my computerand surf girls on mute, just to check things out, and then if i find i lady i like I'll naturally visit her profile and WHAMMO shitty song blaring through my otherwise silent house. The dog barks, everybody wakes up, it's really jarring. And for men who are trying to surf camgirls while their wives/girlfriends are sleeping that must be WAY uncool. I have a playlist on my profile if anyone is ever interested in my musical tastes, but I don't think I'm entitled to FORCE you to listen to my silly music :)

I don't like it. I actually have my computer muted most of the time because of ads and profile music. I would just prefer to hear what I want to hear. If I like a girls playlist I'll check it out, but to just be blasted by random music is not fun!

GreatDane said:
ok, I am apparently one of the annoying ones that has the music set to auto play, if it's any consolation, my play list is set up with one song from all of the people that I chat with from mfc. I can go in and change it if it's THAT annoying ;)

Auto play is not good. I'd say go change it asap. Don't be "one of them." :naughty:

i had thought about doing this also, good to know to make sure it's not auto-played!!

Question: what do u use to post it?

i really want to make my profile easier to read & to the point, i'm slowly gettin there.
I also want to put some of those neat things on it like other girls have which mimicks some of the myspace stuff.

Like an arrow & letters saying "please rate here.." stuff like that.. or have my ~House Rules~ look different.... etc..

what do u all use to spice up your profile with that stuff? just layouts like for myspace & do that CSS coding or whatever???

thanks for any advice!!

AmberCutie said:
GreatDane said:
ok, I am apparently one of the annoying ones that has the music set to auto play, if it's any consolation, my play list is set up with one song from all of the people that I chat with from mfc. I can go in and change it if it's THAT annoying ;)

Auto play is not good. I'd say go change it asap. Don't be "one of them." :naughty:

And it's changed just for you Amber ;)

GreatDane said:
AmberCutie said:

And it's changed just for you Amber ;)
No... it's changed for the greater good. :mrgreen:

AmberCutie said:

I'm gonna change mine too when I get back from Wendy's (I want some nuggets and fries)...lol. I don't wanna annoy people with my Justin Timberlake blasting upon entrance, so I'll turn off the autoplay. Thanks for the tip. :mrgreen:

P.S. Hey, Amber and everyone else! I've browsed this forum a few times and wanted to post, but was too lazy to go through the surprisingly quick registration process...lol. But I'm here now. This forum is niiiiice. :mrgreen:

NevaehStar said:
i had thought about doing this also, good to know to make sure it's not auto-played!!

Question: what do u use to post it?

i really want to make my profile easier to read & to the point, i'm slowly gettin there.
I also want to put some of those neat things on it like other girls have which mimicks some of the myspace stuff.

Like an arrow & letters saying "please rate here.." stuff like that.. or have my ~House Rules~ look different.... etc..

what do u all use to spice up your profile with that stuff? just layouts like for myspace & do that CSS coding or whatever???

thanks for any advice!!

Those arrows and stuff are extremely easy to do. They're just images, while the flashy ones are gifs.

[/quote]

Those arrows and stuff are extremely easy to do. They're just images, while the flashy ones are gifs.[/quote]

ok, do i just copy a code. Like on myspace & leaving comments?

the css or html code or whatever & put it in the spot i want it?

like... I went to textgenerator.com & made my own text to comment on some of my regulars profile every now & then... it's just a code & i copy & paste it.

I always hate trying to customize/personalize profiles, yet it can be a good thing! I should take some web design classes & stuff, it's such a part of my world all around. I use that stuff often to advertise our farm & all. But it's very small local stuff. And I will use generators & do same thing. I just hate to mess with my profile & screw it all up right now!! lol I need to learn more HTML & all. I think i know <br> hahaha & that's about it. Just so I could line up stuff on myspace better & not everything run together.
I'm self-taught =know alot about some things, but not enough!!! lol

LMAO

correct me if i'm havin a dumb moment but is that ironic??

I noticed i screwed up the quote up there...
sheeeeeeesh

oh & Amber u got some cool ass smilies on here!!

:3some: :blob3: :blob5: :blob6: :iroc: :smurfin: :kermit: :ky: :laughing3: :sign10: :sign4: :violent2: :auto-layrubber: :banana-rock: :eek:ccasion-birthdaymulticolor: :sad-roulette: :teasing-smokingcrack: :text-blondmoment: :text-thankyoublue: :text-threadjacked: :animals-chickencatch: :violence-instagib:

sorry i was on a roll.. thought i'd share some that made me giggle.... lol (not related to this thread... i know.. sorry!!!!!!)

:woops: Ah, shit... I'm one of "them". Why am I always the last to know? There should be a handbook for girls like me... I don't know this shit! I worked so hard on trying to figure out how to get that damned thing to autoplay, too! I ain't no tech whiz or nuff'n...
:roll:
*sigh* Guess I'll go undo what I done did.
Thank you, ladies and prems for (once again) showing me the light...

OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH, I went into Hentai19's profile to try to figure out why a new model had a high camscore and nearly had my ears blown off.

You have been warned. :lol:

There are several of the girls here on the forum who could do with seeing this topic.... just sayin.

jebbaz said:
There are several of the girls here on the forum who could do with seeing this topic.... just sayin.

*whistles innocently....lol
but actually i like it when theres a good song on someones profile... just most of the time its shit that if i wanted to hear it id turn on any television device or radio and hear it.
i have a really good song on my profile but its also really jarring so i may have to take it off autotune..

Ok, so I logged into MixPod (the site I used to create my playlist) and changed my settings so that autoplay would be turned off, however my playlist is still automatically playing on my MFC profile. :( What the hell am I doing wrong?

The_Brown_Fox said:
Ok, so I logged into MixPod (the site I used to create my playlist) and changed my settings so that autoplay would be turned off, however my playlist is still automatically playing on my MFC profile. :( What the hell am I doing wrong?

Update your code so it will reflect the change. most players are set in the coding, not on the main site. You can change your playlist and that updates where ever you have the playlist posted, but the playlist is stored on the main site; not on each page.

:oops: Amber's Forum and everyone's posts are a force for good and have helped me see the light and the error of my ways. Many here have posted their reasons for objecting to auto-play of music on model profiles. Their well-written reasons have finally convinced me not to post any more auto-play music on other's profiles. Amber's forum is a much better place to offer opinions and resolve differences than the hateful exchanges that we see in the Member-Lounge.

Most models seem to like what I have posted but it does not help them succeed at MFC if it bugs the members who visit their profiles. I will keep posting the music that I think most models will enjoy, but I will not code it to auto-play. ;)

SZIA said:
:oops: Amber's Forum and everyone's posts are a force for good and have helped me see the light and the error of my ways. Many here have posted their reasons for objecting to auto-play of music on model profiles. Their well-written reasons have finally convinced me not to post any more auto-play music on other's profiles. Amber's forum is a much better place to offer opinions and resolve differences than the hateful exchanges that we see in the Member-Lounge.

Most models seem to like what I have posted but it does not help them succeed at MFC if it bugs the members who visit their profiles. I will keep posting the music that I think most models will enjoy, but I will not code it to auto-play. ;)
:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:

Reactions: SZIA
AmberCutie said:
I hate having any sort of music auto-play on a profile. I used to hate that about Myspace, and I hate it even more with MFC profiles.

I honestly believe that this feature is probably in the top 10 reasons MySpace got so quickly and thoroughly trounced by Facebook. The auto-play music was absolutely brutal.

After I hit a few profiles with autoplaying music, I thought I was back in the early/mid 90s where people would embed midi files in their web pages. Ugh.

It is to the point now where if I hit a profile that has autoplay music, I not only shut down the profile, but I immediately hide/block the model. I just don't want to risk encountering it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.