AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My first 2 broadcasts - thoughts, comments, feels?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustineSunday

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 30, 2015
ny
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@itsmistybliss
MFC Username
JustineSunday
So I started broadcasting on MFC Monday night. I was on from about 2-4:30 that night, and 1:15-4:30 on Tuesday. I work Wednesday and Thursday nights, and am generally pretty busy during the day, so I couldn't broadcast for the past 2 nights. I also work tonight, but I'm thinking I may be able to sneak in a few hours before I head out.

My thoughts - I made the decision to go for camming after I started exploring the world of fetish modeling, particularly femdom work. I enjoy building my confidence as a Domme, and making my own POV clips and broadcasting is excellent practice for working with real subs. I like being in front of a camera, and I can see building the Princess Justine character as a fun hobby. Obviously, the potential for mo' money and presents are also pretty appealing to me too.

As expected, I didn't garner many tips in public chat. Although I'm comfortable with full nudity, I don't think it lends itself well to the character I'm portraying. I basically just lolled around in cute lingerie and talked to one or two members who could make compelling conversation in public chat.

My first night, I did a true private with a user who wanted to watch me tease him and eventually masturbate with a toy for him. It really wasn't a huge concession and I don't feel weird about it. I used to do things like this with someone I dated, so it felt comfortable.

The second night, I did a voyeur show (regular private?). The guy wanted me to watch his cam. He was just a regular cute, nerdy looking dude with a perfectly average-sized penis. He wanted me to do JOI for him, which was good practice but a lot more challenging than I thought. Once I get a proper cam and lighting (not my macbook pro with a desk lamp) I'm going to make my own JOI/humiliation videos for practice.

So far the most annoying thing for me has been trying to respond to PMs and encourage people to communicate in the room rather than over PM. I find the users who want to do kinky fetish privates want to monopolize my time in PMs. While I acknowledge some of them might be legitimate paying customers who really do want fun, exciting, and different fetish privates, it's hard to keep up with them all if they're too shy to expose their desires in the public chat feed.:woops:

Obviously I'd like to get more tips in public chat, but it's tough when not everyone in the room is down with my brat princess rhetoric. I'm just glad to have the new model status for now - I've had a lot more people in my room than I expected (the upper cap has been 34), and so far I've made a little cash. Hoping it only gets better from here...

Oh, my biggest issue right now is figuring out a set schedule - I'm a super busy lady and I'm also about to move apartments, so it's hard for me to set aside a solid chunk of time to look gorgeous and roll around in bed acting sassy. Often I either work late, or have to wake up early. My free time on most days is in the late afternoon or during the times on the weekends that most people are out and about (admittedly, sometimes I like to go out too! :blush:)

Like I said, I'm going to test out what camming during the early evening is like for a few hours before I go to work.

/confessional

Reactions: ACFFAN69
So far the most annoying thing for me has been trying to respond to PMs and encourage people to communicate in the room rather than over PM. I find the users who want to do kinky fetish privates want to monopolize my time in PMs. While I acknowledge some of them might be legitimate paying customers who really do want fun, exciting, and different fetish privates, it's hard to keep up with them all if they're too shy to expose their desires in the public chat feed.:woops:

I can speak to the last sentence of your statement above.

Many of the people who do want the "Kinky fetish stuff" are not shy, they are often afraid. Some are ashamed.

They often have had rough paths coming to terms with the specific likes they have. Lost relationships, or were rejected by partners whom they opened up to.

They are going to keep their cards very close to their vests. And thus they are not going to be opening up in the main chat, because if they do, some douche will say "Ewwwwww you like feet!" or "SPH? What the fuck is the matter with you dude?" There is ALWAYS one in the room.

So if you are going to court these customers, you'll need to be able to give them a secure interactive path to communicate with you.

I'd suggest that you lock down PM's and charge a reasonable amount for an add so people can PM you. That will weed out the ones that want to get off by 'negotiating' for a private they have no intention having. And if you are being a bratty mistress sort, then it won't be out of character to demand such.

Good luck!

I can speak to the last sentence of your statement above.
I'd suggest that you lock down PM's and charge a reasonable amount for an add so people can PM you. That will weed out the ones that want to get off by 'negotiating' for a private they have no intention having. And if you are being a bratty mistress sort, then it won't be out of character to demand such.

Good luck!
What would you consider a reasonable amount? Like $60 tokens? I imagine that's the equivalent of $5 to them, $3 to me.
Also - and this is a total noob question - how to I manage that setting? Is it something I have to turn on every time I go into public chat?

What would you consider a reasonable amount? Like $60 tokens? I imagine that's the equivalent of $5 to them, $3 to me.
Also - and this is a total noob question - how to I manage that setting? Is it something I have to turn on every time I go into public chat?

I've seen models charge up to a few hundred tokens for a friendliest add. 60 tokens would be in the lower range that I've seen. But the idea you'll want is pick an amount big enough to dissuade the ones that want to eat you time, and still include those with honest desire. I have no idea where that point is.

For a FinDom it might be spectacularly high. For other likes... lower.

You only need to set it once. Once you set it to friends only, it stays that way until you change it. Where that toggle is? I dunno, never seen a models control panel. But its in there someplace :) I'm sure a model will wander by and tell you, or post a handy image.

• Helpful!

If you don't already, a good idea in my opinion, is to limit your PMs to friends only and have a tip amount for pm privileges.

• Helpful!
Reactions: JustineSunday
I dunno, never seen a models control panel. But its in there someplace :) I'm sure a model will wander by and tell you, or post a handy image.
Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 2.53.00 PM.png

I have mine open to all premiums in this image, you'd only have the Friends box checked in order to charge for PMs.

Thanks. I'm going to start at 400 tokens and see how that goes.
A really common amount would be 100-200 tokens so just be prepared for folks to complain at you about that amount. The only privilege it's getting them is being able to speak privately with you, I think many will feel it's too risky if you aren't into their kink, they're out nearly $40 just to have spoken with you. And those who succeed in the PM still have to pay 60/min or 80/min for the private you arrange...

Unless you want to be very very exclusive to guys with very deep pockets, I'd consider lowering it to at least 200.

There are a fair amount of "submissives" on camsites who just want to talk about their fetish for ages and get off for free. There are also plenty who are genuinely there to pay to enjoy their kink. It's very quickly obvious which members are which. For example, the guy who was supposedly into findom, yet wouldn't pay the measly 10 tokens I charged at the time to pm about a private he wanted to do "tomorrow when I get paid" - aka never.

I do frequently get guys who are very timid about their fetish, they'll often open with "I have a really weird fetish, do you promise not to laugh at me?" I then assure them that I've heard everything at this point, no fetishes are weird to me (which is pretty true). They usually say something that I consider pretty tame, like they want high heel worship with some verbal humiliation, or they want me to be a Giantess and "eat" them, but they've had enough models or other members laugh at them for their fetish that now they're worried.

I'm not a model but I'd say anywhere from 50 - 150 tokens is reasonable for a friend add. You can definitely charge more, especially if you're playing up the findom angle, but you might be alienating a lot of the vanilla members who come through your room. I'm fairly naïve when it comes to financial domination, but maybe you could do two price points for PM privileges. One for vanilla folk (100 tokens is an average price) and one for financial submissive folk (400 tokens or maybe more). That way, you don't lose out on the vanilla market, and the guys who would be happy to pay more for PMs as part of their fetish get the added attraction of being "made" to pay more than everyone else.

^^Yeah, I anticipate my biggest struggle will be delivering the femdom/findom act without alienating vanilla(ish) folk, who so far have been the only people who've wanted privates with me.

The other night I had a guy take me into private because he liked listening to me be bitchy in public chat but he wanted to make me "switch" for him (i.e., tell him that I only want his cum, call him daddy, tell him that I wanted to make my subs eat his cum outta ma booty hole, etc.). It kind of irritated me but no regrets, he was the only one paying so...

I was using this avatar but I'm worried I would get a warning for nudity. I know it's subtle, but the nips are definitely visible. Is the no-nudity-in-avatars rule strictly enforced?

About as well-enforced as the "no public cumshows" rule was when it was still a rule - not at all.

Think of MFC's rules as a blank check they can fill out however they want, when they want to produce the result they want. They are a legal fig leaf mostly.

That is not to say you cannot get popped for breaking one, but there are tipping points where it's clear MFC stops caring and reserves the rule for cases when they need to throw the book at someone. Nudity in icons is one such rule they stopped caring about years ago. I can see more nips on the main page right now then I can find in a box of Nips™ chocolate by Nestle.

Now I'm not any kind of expert dom/sub play, but my feeling is that "findom" might not be something you'll want to advertise explicitly, in any event. You will either dominate them, or you won't, and just saying you will coerce members into giving you their money won't make them give it to you.

The thing is, we are not the best judge of what kind of person might find us interesting, or why. If you are attracting vanilla members, and they are supporting you, then it would probably be a mistake to try and force things into a different direction. It's all about the tokens. If you're

Reactions: JustineSunday
Well, that's helpful advice. I don't have a problem with vanilla folks and vanilla activities, but I thought the brat princess persona would be more fun. I feel like it's late to make a switch, even though it's only been a week. In a way it's easier to be myself on cam; I'm reasonably friendly and nice to people generally but my original intent was to capture the financial submissive/pay pig audience as doing fetish and domination work in general is more interesting to me than just regular ol' smut. I'm not opposed to being a more vanilla camgirl if it's easier to make money, but I think the transition would be awkward. I can always just do more dom/general fetish stuff as video clips I guess.

Well, that's helpful advice. I don't have a problem with vanilla folks and vanilla activities, but I thought the brat princess persona would be more fun. I feel like it's late to make a switch, even though it's only been a week. In a way it's easier to be myself on cam; I'm reasonably friendly and nice to people generally but my original intent was to capture the financial submissive/pay pig audience as doing fetish and domination work in general is more interesting to me than just regular ol' smut. I'm not opposed to being a more vanilla camgirl if it's easier to make money, but I think the transition would be awkward. I can always just do more dom/general fetish stuff as video clips I guess.

I think you can do both, yo. I would guess a good general rule of thumb would be to treat every member who comes in to your room as if they're not in to being dominated, until they tell you that they are. That way you can be friendly with those who wouldn't necessarily want to be spoken down to, and then you can do the domme thing with those who you know are in to that. It might also be worth getting a premium account and looking at how some of the other models do it. RubyRousson, Astrodomina, MissLuscious all juggle the domme/vanilla stuff well from what I've seen, and I'm fairly certain Miss Lollipop (who posts here) does much the same. All of those models are really successful in general too, so it would definitely be worth your time to spend a little time in their room to see how they balance things.

I think you can do both, yo. I would guess a good general rule of thumb would be to treat every member who comes in to your room as if they're not in to being dominated, until they tell you that they are. That way you can be friendly with those who wouldn't necessarily want to be spoken down to, and then you can do the domme thing with those who you know are in to that. It might also be worth getting a premium account and looking at how some of the other models do it. RubyRousson, Astrodomina, MissLuscious all juggle the domme/vanilla stuff well from what I've seen, and I'm fairly certain Miss Lollipop (who posts here) does much the same. All of those models are really successful in general too, so it would definitely be worth your time to spend a little time in their room to see how they balance things.

This is pretty much the approach that I use (though I'm more of a Streammate cammer than MFC). I just chat with folks until they indicate that they want me to dom them, discuss what they're looking for in their show, and then slip easily from chat to dom mode. I've found a few customers who like all findom all the time, whereas others will switch between wanting vanilla and findom shows, and still others who are so vanilla they don't even want me to smack my ass when I show it off. As long as both you and your viewers know what you want from shows together, you can work any persona that's comfortable for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.