AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

my first check from chaturbate will NOT cash

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0
please help. it was only for 50 dollars. my username is lyrialllxno. please help

I think there is a limit on when you can cash out on CB, you can change it but its set to like 200 dollars be default I wana say? o_O In any case, I dont think anyone here works for CB so your best bet is to email CB support, they are actually pretty quick to get back to you.

Upvote 0
nevermind its because cetergy at walmart doesnt cash most checks. going to try another way. fingers crossed, sorry for the post, i jumped the gun and freaked out.

Upvote 0
nevermind its because cetergy at walmart doesnt cash most checks. going to try another way. fingers crossed, sorry for the post, i jumped the gun and freaked out.

Please don't apologize, you discovered something that other models may not realize. All in all I'd consider what you did to be a public service. Have a huggie on me! :h:

Reactions: passmeawhiskay
Upvote 0
I don't know if it's just a NZ thing, but I'm unable to cash checks either. I have to deposit it into my bank account and then wait for the money to clear, and it costs me $15 to do so.

Upvote 0
I don't know if it's just a NZ thing, but I'm unable to cash checks either. I have to deposit it into my bank account and then wait for the money to clear, and it costs me $15 to do so.

Thats a nz thing. Blew my mind when i got to the US that you can just show a paycheck and they give u money lol

Upvote 0
Thats a nz thing. Blew my mind when i got to the US that you can just show a paycheck and they give u money lol

Yeah but it has to be a real, verifiable paycheck and not just something scribbled in crayon on paper after a night of drinking that reads "Payable to eyeteach: ten gozillion dollars." Don't ask me how I know this, just take my word.

Upvote 0
that WTF rating wasn't a bad thing, it's just like.. mindblowing wtf

Upvote 0

Yep. But, in most cases you can't cash it for 100% of the value unless you cash it at the bank it is from. Otherwise, it's a percentage of the check they will give you and you have to deposit the rest.

Upvote 0
It costs you money to deposit a check into your own bank?

Upvote 0

That works both ways. It costs money for Americans to deposit checks drawn on foreign banks - with the exception of certain types of accounts at Bank of America. There might be other banks with no fees, but BoA is one of the only ones I know about who absorb the fee. Pretty much every other bank passes it on to the customer.

To process a check made by a foreign bank, American banks have to send those checks to the Federal Reserve (Fed) for processing. The Fed charges your bank fees to do that. To begin with, there's a $30 courier fee to get the check to the Fed. That's why most banks will take a long time to get your funds into your account. They are waiting to combine multiple checks into one courier to lower the per check fee for that. But then the Fed also charges a $15 'batch' fee for processing that bundle of checks from the bank. And there's also a $5 per check fee as well as a $1.50 encoding fee. Those numbers change a bit depending on the originating country. Canada is one of the cheaper fee rates.

You would have to look up your banks "fee schedule" to see if it's listed on there, but it may not be. You might have to contact someone directly to ask about it. My bank, for example, charges $20 per check just to deposit a check drawn on a foreign bank.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
That works both ways. It costs money for Americans to deposit checks drawn on foreign banks - with the exception of certain types of accounts at Bank of America. There might be other banks with no fees, but BoA is one of the only ones I know about who absorb the fee. Pretty much every other bank passes it on to the customer.

To process a check made by a foreign bank, American banks have to send those checks to the Federal Reserve (Fed) for processing. The Fed charges your bank fees to do that. To begin with, there's a $30 courier fee to get the check to the Fed. That's why most banks will take a long time to get your funds into your account. They are waiting to combine multiple checks into one courier to lower the per check fee for that. But then the Fed also charges a $15 'batch' fee for processing that bundle of checks from the bank. And there's also a $5 per check fee as well as a $1.50 encoding fee. Those numbers change a bit depending on the originating country. Canada is one of the cheaper fee rates.

You would have to look up your banks "fee schedule" to see if it's listed on there, but it may not be. You might have to contact someone directly to ask about it. My bank, for example, charges $20 per check just to deposit a check drawn on a foreign bank.
I've been a BofA customer for decades, and on top of that have never received a foreign check so I guess this was the first time I had the opportunity to even realize that was a thing. :)

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm going to assume it's because it's international that there's a fee, I've never deposited an NZ check

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.