AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MY Free Cams - HD option not working??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2013
Hey guys

OK so I am a model and I bought myself an HD webcam for myfreecams. But enabling the HD option is a nightmare! I am wondering if anyone has any experience with it or solutions for the problems i am getting

I believe I had issues on the broadcaster software too... but I have since switched to the Web Broadcaster so we will stick to that for now.

I enable HD beta on the options panel and restart MFC. Now when i am in "Google Chrome" - nothing changes. There is no HD badge on my cam preview or anything. Infact it seems to be a little more blurry than normal... also there is another "beta" option above the HD option which ticks itself.. i just leave that as it is.

OK, if i do the same thing via internet explorer, the HD badge does show on my cam preview, however if you go into my room my cam just appears white with no image. Weirdly if you hover over the little camera picture, my popup preview does display.

I have tried this on two different laptops.. one windows 8... one is windows 7. Both are top spec. Both get exactly same issues.

Unfortunately due to MFC's stupid camscore system, it doesn't leave much room to test these things as all this logging in and out is hammering my score.

Thanks for any help in advance
xxxx

Reactions: SerenaMoon
ML1991 said:
Hey guys

OK so I am a model and I bought myself an HD webcam for myfreecams. But enabling the HD option is a nightmare! I am wondering if anyone has any experience with it or solutions for the problems i am getting

I believe I had issues on the broadcaster software too... but I have since switched to the Web Broadcaster so we will stick to that for now.

I enable HD beta on the options panel and restart MFC. Now when i am in "Google Chrome" - nothing changes. There is no HD badge on my cam preview or anything. Infact it seems to be a little more blurry than normal... also there is another "beta" option above the HD option which ticks itself.. i just leave that as it is.

OK, if i do the same thing via internet explorer, the HD badge does show on my cam preview, however if you go into my room my cam just appears white with no image. Weirdly if you hover over the little camera picture, my popup preview does display.

I have tried this on two different laptops.. one windows 8... one is windows 7. Both are top spec. Both get exactly same issues.

Unfortunately due to MFC's stupid camscore system, it doesn't leave much room to test these things as all this logging in and out is hammering my score.

Thanks for any help in advance
xxxx
What kind of cam do you have, that may be the issue.
I had the same issue except i just went along with standard video. Both of my pc's would not go into hd with my camera. so i bought a new camera slightly better than my old one. I had a Logitech c270 supposedly advertised as HD (says it on the box), and now i have a Microsoft life cam HD and all is well i started it today and didn't get kicked out of the model software once. I think my issue was the camera not being recognized as HD by MFC systems causing my problems. Just like skype i think that only certain cameras can parse for the HD encoding and will not recognize every single model as it would normally be recognized.

ML1991 said:

Chrome ships with a built-in version of Flash called "Pepper Flash", and although this is based on Adobe's code it's been known to cause problems with webcams, especially if ManyCam or similar software is installed. What I would suggest is first making sure that you've updated to the latest version of Adobe Flash. Then, follow the instructions at the URL below to ensure that Chrome is using Adobe Flash rather than Pepper Flash.

http://newtriks.com/2012/12/01/how-to-disable-the-chrome-pepper-flash-player/

Once this is done, I think using Chrome will be the way to go.

Hope this helps!

rexcode said:
ML1991 said:

Chrome ships with a built-in version of Flash called "Pepper Flash", and although this is based on Adobe's code it's been known to cause problems with webcams, especially if ManyCam or similar software is installed. What I would suggest is first making sure that you've updated to the latest version of Adobe Flash. Then, follow the instructions at the URL below to ensure that Chrome is using Adobe Flash rather than Pepper Flash.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Prinsassy for your help, but i think rexcode may have nailed it here. Just for your reference though, I use a Logitech C920 so I doubt that will be causing the problem

Rexcode, my gut is telling me your correct because i know Chrome doesnt install the normal flash and I wondered if that was causing issues.

I will try out your solution, and I will post my findings back here so future models with the same issue can find peace

x

rexcode said:
ML1991 said:

Hope this helps!

Arrrgghhh, i felt so confident this would fix it. But it did not :-( I followed the instructions and checked my version via the flash site afterwards and sure enough it had switched to using the main flash version and not the Google Chrome Peppered version. I went straight back on to MFC and it still didnt pick up my HD cam

So next thing is that I got some of the men to ask other HD girls what they do... and apparently they use Mozilla Firefox. So I am trying that now and will report back my findings!

ML1991 said:
rexcode said:
ML1991 said:

Hope this helps!

Arrrgghhh, i felt so confident this would fix it. But it did not :-( I followed the instructions and checked my version via the flash site afterwards and sure enough it had switched to using the main flash version and not the Google Chrome Peppered version. I went straight back on to MFC and it still didnt pick up my HD cam

So next thing is that I got some of the men to ask other HD girls what they do... and apparently they use Mozilla Firefox. So I am trying that now and will report back my findings!

OK, Mozilla Firefox didnt fix it either unfortunately.. any other ideas people?

If any models come here that use HD successfully on MFC but dont know how to help me, then could you please give me this information as it will help narrow down the problem:

What cam do you use?
What browser do you use?
What version of that browser do you use? (should be in Help > About)
What version of flash do you have? (can be found here: http://www.adobe.com/uk/software/flash/about/ )

x

If you haven't already, please send this information to model support. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.