AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

myfreecamsforums.com

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2011
Well it looks like the place has been opened for about a month and it looks like they just ripped off the same forum sections setup here on AmberCutie.com, weak.. Fuckin copycats with no originality at all, lol. Board index look familiar? Sorry if this has been discussed already, I was too lazy to search.

mfcforums.jpg

Reactions: Mikeythegeek
AngelAndrea said:
http://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3687&p=66618&hilit=myfreecamsforum.com#p66618

seems to be a restricted forum like model forum, andrea - member cannot read that.

Traditio said:
AngelAndrea said:
http://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3687&p=66618&hilit=myfreecamsforum.com#p66618

seems to be a restricted forum like model forum, andrea - member cannot read that.

:( I feel el stupido

My apologies, I thought I remembered member comments on the thread.

Well care to share your thoughts? My guess is those comments were in the woman cave. :mrgreen:

Mr_Wilde said:
Well care to share your thoughts? My guess is those comments were in the woman cave. :mrgreen:

Essentially it's a copy of Amber's forum and even the posts are fabricated. There are multiple members who apparently have the same things to say about this model but don't continue to post after that. It just seems like someone found this forum and thought they should do the same thing in order to promote themselves. Where they got it wrong is, this is popular because Amber is awesome, Amber isn't popular BECAUSE this is awesome. I don't see any reason to A) make a forum copy of this forum because theinformation compiled over the years shouldn't be competed against or B) use MFC's name since it's an individual model. If she were popular enough she could use HER name onher forum.

Essentially it seems premature, an exact copy, and like the creator literally had a total of two thoughts making the site:

1) COOL! Look at AmberCutie's forums!!!
2) OMG I could copy that almost WORD FOR WORD!

I was checking out the announcements on that forum. So it's Christina Ryder that made this cheap rip off of AmberCutie.com? That's pretty much a douche move. It looks like she pretty much plagiarized the 'How-To... forum stuff' section changing a few words here and there.

Mr_Wilde said:
I was checking out the announcements on that forum. So it's Christina Ryder that made this cheap rip off of AmberCutie.com? That's pretty much a douche move. It looks like she pretty much plagiarized the 'How-To... forum stuff' section changing a few words here and there.
She has her own forum too, and has a VIP section that you can tip 999 tokens to get into. :thumbleft:

AmberCutie said:
Mr_Wilde said:
She has her own forum too, and has a VIP section that you can tip 999 tokens to get into. :thumbleft:

She thinks JUST LIKE YOU! I'm scared! The only difference = you HAVE VIPs...

Frankie said:
I can't really say I blame the chick for failing, but she could have changed the wording A WHOLE LOT more. Obvious unoriginal cam whore forum is obvious. :snooty:

fixed.

There's no such thing as trying when most of it is copypasta. Using other people's work and publicly pushing it off as if it's her own for her personal benefit is kinda
uh.gif

Mr_Wilde said:
Frankie said:
I can't really say I blame the chick for failing, but she could have changed the wording A WHOLE LOT more. Obvious unoriginal cam whore forum is obvious. :snooty:

fixed.

There's no such thing as trying when most of it is copypasta. Using other people's work and publicly pushing it off as if it's her own for her personal benefit is kinda
uh.gif

:lol: You are right, but I was trying to be nice. I guess I should stick with my first urge to be a total bitch from now on. :thumbleft:

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/SexyMFCGal
Guessing that's her premium account then :D

Honestly though - bulletin boards have been around for years. I've thought of putting one on my site - and maybe I should, in order to build a community up. But I'm not sure I want to, extra effort etc :D

So my only problem with what she's doing is the name - it is misleading, and I think it indicates a desire to piggyback the MFC name in Google searches in order to make money for herself, and not to actually build her own little community (otherwise it would be named after her surely?). Shrewd idea, good luck to her. However, it may also be why there aren't many posts despite it being around for a month. Simply put, it's not identifiable as her, she doesn't post, and therefore what's the draw? Premiums talk in the lounge, or in models rooms - it doesn't appear to offer anything. The forum has a site that should bring in traffic/visitors...but isn't being capitalised.

:twocents-02cents:

Zoomer said:
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/SexyMFCGal
Guessing that's her premium account then :D

Honestly though - bulletin boards have been around for years. I've thought of putting one on my site - and maybe I should, in order to build a community up. But I'm not sure I want to, extra effort etc :D

So my only problem with what she's doing is the name - it is misleading, and I think it indicates a desire to piggyback the MFC name in Google searches in order to make money for herself, and not to actually build her own little community (otherwise it would be named after her surely?). Shrewd idea, good luck to her. However, it may also be why there aren't many posts despite it being around for a month. Simply put, it's not identifiable as her, she doesn't post, and therefore what's the draw? Premiums talk in the lounge, or in models rooms - it doesn't appear to offer anything. The forum has a site that should bring in traffic/visitors...but isn't being capitalised.

:twocents-02cents:
I actually sent MFC an email just letting them know that this rip-off looking forum existed. I know they aren't fans of websites using any sort of "myfreecam"' name in it, especialy when it's green and white and discusses camgirls. I do hate how it's misleading.

AmberCutie said:
I actually sent MFC an email just letting them know that this rip-off looking forum existed. I know they aren't fans of websites using any sort of "myfreecam"' name in it, especialy when it's green and white and discusses camgirls. I do hate how it's misleading.
I was just thinking about that myself. I really wonder what Leo will do knowing an MFC model has used part of MFC's domain name for her own site.

And as for the site itself and her own forums... laziness is NOT an attractive trait. At least attempt something resembling originality, FFS.

Mikeythegeek said:
And as for the site itself and her own forums... laziness is NOT an attractive trait. At least attempt something resembling originality, FFS.

Most of the forum names are kind of intuitive or generic (games,tv,general discussions).

However, worth bearing in mind the old old saying - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :) I don't see anything to get worked up about, will she make it a success? Who knows.

Zoomer said:
I don't see anything to get worked up about, will she make it a success? Who knows.

Really dude, you missed the whole point of my posts. She basically stole material from Amber and passed it off as her own. I don't give two sh!ts if there are 100 cam model forums, just don't steal other people's material. She didn't even credit Amber's work to my knowledge. You seem to think this is okay whether she's a success or not.

Mr_Wilde said:
Zoomer said:
I don't see anything to get worked up about, will she make it a success? Who knows.

Really dude, you missed the whole point of my posts. She basically stole material from Amber and passed it off as her own. I don't give two sh!ts if there are 100 cam model forums, just don't steal other people's material. She didn't even credit Amber's work to my knowledge. You seem to think this is okay whether she's a success or not.

Sorry, you'll have to be a bit more clear about this. What, exactly, is the material she stole? Be very specific :)

AmberCutie said:

I think that's the biggest problem. She's trying to make it look like it is the official forum for MFC, and the non-internet savvy (or overly horny) person will fall for it.

I wonder if there is a Pavlov's dog effect on cam customers when they see green and white on a website now ...

Zoomer said:
Mr_Wilde said:
Zoomer said:

Sorry, you'll have to be a bit more clear about this. What, exactly, is the material she stole? Be very specific :)
The wording in her topics are near identical, as well as the "How to get model status" topic and post and her "How-to... forum stuff". And if you consider her personal forum that has a VIP section for 999 tokens... you realize she really has taken some time to study this forum in order to start hers.

I'm not saying there's anything to get worked up over, but if you were saying it wasn't clear whether she copied what she found here, then maybe you're not as familiar with others on my wording on this forum.

Zoomer said:

Well if you can't read in between the lines then you are as much as a fucken tool as she is. It does not get more specific than that.
facepalmsmiley.gif

Mr_Wilde said:
Zoomer said:

Well if you can't read in between the lines then you are as much as a fucken tool as she is. It does not get more specific than that.
facepalmsmiley.gif

Oh so eloquent. I ask a single, yet direct, question - and you resort to throwing insults around...

You say she has stolen something - I say what exactly? She's borrowed ideas - yes. She may even have copied verbatim the name of a thread or two.
Indeed, it is likely that her forum structure is modelled upon this one. I did look in her how-to thread, and saw similar post structure - but there are a very limited number of ways to describe forum functionality. It wasn't a copy paste job.

But stolen? She hasn't stolen anything :lol: Stolen a forum? :lol: Taken inspiration from almost certainly...but "stolen"?

Anyway - the domain is already, erm, in dispute I guess so it's redundant. And no, I don't need to stoop to the level of personal insults upon people who asked a simple question. The response is indicative of your emotional attachment, and lack of rationality. Oh dear.

Reactions: Traditio
Zoomer said:
Mr_Wilde said:
Zoomer said:

facepalmsmiley.gif

Oh so eloquent. I ask a single, yet direct, question - and you resort to throwing insults around...

You say she has stolen something - I say what exactly? She's borrowed ideas - yes. She may even have copied verbatim the name of a thread or two.
Indeed, it is likely that her forum structure is modelled upon this one. I did look in her how-to thread, and saw similar post structure - but there are a very limited number of ways to describe forum functionality. It wasn't a copy paste job.

But stolen? She hasn't stolen anything :lol: Stolen a forum? :lol: Taken inspiration from almost certainly...but "stolen"?

Anyway - the domain is already, erm, in dispute I guess so it's redundant. And no, I don't need to stoop to the level of personal insults upon people who asked a simple question. The response is indicative of your emotional attachment, and lack of rationality. Oh dear.
I feel like you completely ignored my post to respond to the more emotionally worded one. :(

Zoomer said:
She's stole ideas - yes.

umkay.. fixed

Zoomer said:
But stolen? She hasn't stolen anything.

I was being figurative but technically speaking you're right she has not stolen anything. Plagiarizing other people's work however is still as despicable as they come.

Zoomer said:
It wasn't a copy, paste job.

Wrong again, it was a copy paste & edit job. Amber's site has been up for the better part of over a year and for someone to come in to try and compete with it by copypasta, c'mon now? It seems you're rationalizing what she did between Amber's site and her's is ethical, no?

AmberCutie said:
I feel like you completely ignored my post to respond to the more emotionally worded one. :(

Not so much, its just that when I went to the URL to check it out again to be sure (a more indepth comparison) I got no forum... hence why I said it was in dispute and not an issue, as I thought it'd been taken down. Obviously not, maybe the connection failed and I jumped to a conclusion :woops:

There are similarities, and differences. Copied concepts - definitely (but aren't most ideas in cams copied from others for the majority of models?). Stolen? I disagreed - but I'm not responsible for making content, so perhaps I would have a different perspective if I were (I wouldn't, but maybe I'm too laid back - after all, it's nothing to do with my livelihood). Having re-looked at the "How-to" thread it is a copy, paste and minimal edit job. However, whereas everyone else gets concern - I take comfort. If someone isn't capable of putting in the effort themselves to try and make a venture, it shows a remarkable lack of willpower. It is doomed to fail, because they clearly are not committed or willing to put in any effort. If they don't care, who else will? No-one. It'll fail.

Ironically I imagine it's got more traffic and views from this thread here than it had in the last month :lol:

Zoomer said:
Ironically I imagine it's got more traffic and views from this thread here than it had in the last month :lol:
Lol you're certainly right. It is destined to fail, so it's not like I'm worried that she'll benefit from the copy/paste jobs she's done. I wholeheartedly believe that one of the reasons this forum is so successful and so full of awesome people is that I put so much of myself into it. It's rare that I go a whole 24 hours without catching up on every single thread and I give attention to individuals or posts that need it. Just putting up a forum and hoping it will run itself is useless.

I just searched google for "my free cams forum" and THIS forum was the #1 hit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.