AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Nail biter support group

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambers Troll

Deactivated Account
May 15, 2014
Far away
I noticed that a particularly pretty ACF model bites her nails, making her fingers look practical, squared off, and masculine.
Used to bite my nails...was perhaps one of the most difficult compulsions to give up.
Anyone who does it and wants to stop? Perhaps those who stopped can help?

My tips are to keep working on it, if you catch yourself doing it stop, forgive yourself, and grab a file/ emery board.
Delicately file the nail/ nails smooth ...know it is painful if you have chewed on them too much.
Always keep a file with you until you have stopped.
The slight discomfort as your nail grows is normal, try not to chew on the side where skin meets nail.
Keep in mind how it will feel not to have torn skin around the cuticle, and pain from the quick from nails too short... it is worth the effort.

ugh i am a horrible nail biter! i've been trying to stop lately because i noticed how my mom has like beautiful nails and cuticles and i want mine to be pretty too )X my main problem is definitely biting the skin around my nails! It's a hard habit to break though, i've been biting my nails since i was like 6 :?

I've been biting my nails since I was 10 years old. Now, my thumbs look like they're been forcibly rubbed on a cheese grater. Ok, not that bad, but close enough.

I'm a recovering nail biter.

One thing that has helped me has been the gel nail polish or the acrylics. It's VERY hard to chew the acrylics and if you do it hurts. I have not bitten my nails in 5 months :D and I love how long they are getting.

I go thru periods of non biting and biting. I am biting right now, but I made a conscious decision to start biting again because I was picking at my skin way too much with nails. Now that my skin is healing/healed, I need to stop biting my nails again which of course is hard to do. UGH!

Anyways, I find the busier I am the less that I bite my nails. That's my only real tip/trick. Not very helpful though.

JustJessie said:
I go thru periods of non biting and biting. I am biting right now, but I made a conscious decision to start biting again because I was picking at my skin way too much with nails. Now that my skin is healing/healed, I need to stop biting my nails again which of course is hard to do. UGH!

Anyways, I find the busier I am the less that I bite my nails. That's my only real tip/trick. Not very helpful though.

Maybe gum might help too? Sometimes I've noticed when I feel not as busy that chewing helps not only relieve my tension, but a repetitive motion lowers my anxiety because it's triggering something in my brain to calm down.

I used to bite my nails for years. I started getting acrylics and I had them on and off for roughly 8 months (breaks in between). I have bitten my nails since the last set came off (about 14 months ago).

It wasn't a conscious decision, I just suddenly stopped! Some people bite there nails purely out of habit, and the only way to break a habit is trick your mind into not doing it anymore.

I second getting fake nails! I go through phases depending on my anxiety level. The only thing is you have to actually research what kind of nails are going to work best for you and make sure you go to someone who is really good. Some nails, acrylics I believe, will look just a tiny bit like they are peeling around the edges and that will make me tear them all off. So I spend $40 on nails for two days. Another thing that I like is using jamberry nail strips (not sure if store brands work as well because I've never tried) when your nails do get long. Because nailpolish chips that can kind of trigger the nail biting in me. But the sticker/strips don't chip like that.

Mahalia said:
I used to bite my nails for years. I started getting acrylics and I had them on and off for roughly 8 months (breaks in between). I have bitten my nails since the last set came off (about 14 months ago).

It wasn't a conscious decision, I just suddenly stopped! Some people bite there nails purely out of habit, and the only way to break a habit is trick your mind into not doing it anymore.

Damnit! Too late to edit, I meant I haven't :-/

MelodyFaye said:
I second getting fake nails! I go through phases depending on my anxiety level. The only thing is you have to actually research what kind of nails are going to work best for you and make sure you go to someone who is really good. Some nails, acrylics I believe, will look just a tiny bit like they are peeling around the edges and that will make me tear them all off. So I spend $40 on nails for two days. Another thing that I like is using jamberry nail strips (not sure if store brands work as well because I've never tried) when your nails do get long. Because nailpolish chips that can kind of trigger the nail biting in me. But the sticker/strips don't chip like that.

Gel nails peel around the edges. Acrylics are the hard ones which need to be soaked to come off, and they kind of look shit when they start growing out lol

Yes, chipping is bad and so temptin to bite. I don't know what brands of nail polish other countries have but here in Australia you can get gel based ones and chip resistant ones for at home use, which can last up to 2 weeks (AH-MAZING)

LilLitaRose said:
JustJessie said:

Maybe gum might help too? Sometimes I've noticed when I feel not as busy that chewing helps not only relieve my tension, but a repetitive motion lowers my anxiety because it's triggering something in my brain to calm down.
My sister was a constant nail biter until her late teens--when she took up Doublemint chewing gum...completely stopped biting.

I have been biting my nails since I have been able to bite. My fingers have always been so messed up. I am a nail and cuticle biter, so I always have bloody fingers. I feel like my nails and nail beds would actually be scarred from the constant ripping by my teeth if i was to finally stop. It is an extremely disgusting habit and, like troll says, make your finger look square, masculine, and mine are always swollen at the first knuckle. I have been made fun of for it (freshman year of highschool, they called me man hands :( ) I am always having my hands slapped out of my face and I even tried that Bite It nail polish that taste horrible. I just cant bite the habit. (pun intended)

Also, our fingers touch EVERYTHING. Why would I want those germs in my mouth? It is like putting everything I touch into my mouth. Gross. I think that is how diseases are spread or something like that.

Anyway, the only time I have grown my nails out is when I get acrylics. So I will second that as well. But, if they chip or break or have any space to fit my teeth underneath, I will bite them off.
I think I am just going to wear gloves forever.

Acrylics seem to work as a temporary measure (for women anyway). There is definitely something about a nail biters personality/ habits that keeps them doing it, ultimately it will take more to stop the compulsion it seems.

I mentioned Emery board files, because you wont bite them until you next wash your hands... the file residue is still under your nails, it's like chewing on sand (makes you aware of biting too). [It is a bit painful getting a nail chewed to the quick smooth.]
Smoothing the nail makes it feel different (Acrylics do this), and you hate yourself for biting it. Making the nail feel different helps you become aware of doing it.
The chewing on the skin as your nails grow is challenging, and it does feel uncomfortable. You know that chewing on it will tear up the side of your finger and ruin the skin over the cuticle (am sure most of you have had the top of your fingers bleed) ... get the nail long enough and you will find you get used to the feeling of the presure of it pushing outward.

For my own experience was from childhood to about 24 when I stopped... 41 now.

Ambers Troll said:
Acrylics seem to work as a temporary measure (for women anyway). There is definitely something about a nail biters personality/ habits that keeps them doing it, ultimately it will take more to stop the compulsion it seems.

I mentioned Emery board files, because you wont bite them until you next wash your hands... the file residue is still under your nails, it's like chewing on sand (makes you aware of biting too). [It is a bit painful getting a nail chewed to the quick smooth.]
Smoothing the nail makes it feel different (Acrylics do this), and you hate yourself for biting it. Making the nail feel different helps you become aware of doing it.
The chewing on the skin as your nails grow is challenging, and it does feel uncomfortable. You know that chewing on it will tear up the side of your finger and ruin the skin over the cuticle (am sure most of you have had the top of your fingers bleed) ... get the nail long enough and you will find you get used to the feeling of the presure of it pushing outward.

Another fun tip:
Use hand sanitizer before you wanna bite. It'll taste so nasty you don't want to XD

I have always relapsed my nail biting :( Having gel nails seriously helps and goes a long way toward making be feel like less of a disgusting freak. but spending 120$/month on it kind of sucks so I can't really afford the upkeep right now.

The crazy thing about it is I KNOW how ugly it is. It hurts. But its not something I choose to do either. I often don't realize Im doing it until after I've been nibbling away at them for a while! Its like muscle memory. Does anyone else experience this?

Jessi said:
I have always relapsed my nail biting :( Having gel nails seriously helps and goes a long way toward making be feel like less of a disgusting freak. but spending 120$/month on it kind of sucks so I can't really afford the upkeep right now.

The crazy thing about it is I KNOW how ugly it is. It hurts. But its not something I choose to do either. I often don't realize Im doing it until after I've been nibbling away at them for a while! Its like muscle memory. Does anyone else experience this?
You can do gel nails without acrylics on your own. :)

PlayboyMegan said:
Jessi said:

I have been shopping around for a gel extension kit, but I havent been able to find an option with decent Canadian shipping :(

Jessi said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Jessi said:

I have been shopping around for a gel extension kit, but I havent been able to find an option with decent Canadian shipping :(

I got a huge 100 piece gen kit from eBay for $20 (Australian) and that included a uv lamp for drying them too. Could help!

Ambers Troll said:

While I mostly agree with you, I just wanted to say that it's not always a personality thing. Some people bite their nails purely because they bite them. I remember when I used to bite mine and people would think I was stressed out, but nope I bit them purely because I did. I was a childhood biter too and I think I just formed a habit. I'm just saying that sometimes it's not always a personality thing.

Jessi said:

For my own experiences, this was me too; it is only later, after 'nibbling' them that I knew what I had done. This is why changing the feel of them was so important, was all about catching yourself doing it.

Wanted to add for those trying to stop, not to beat yourself up after you nibble on them either... think this is important. I have found in changing any habit that you want to stop, it is more about persistence, forgiving set backs, and taking some form of concerted action (usually quite immediate action, say within minutes).
As Jessi suggested firstly you must also be able to catch yourself out doing that bad habit.

firstly you must also be able to catch yourself out doing that bad habit.

One of my exes had that horrible habit and we agreed that every time I caught her, she would have to flash me her boobies regardless of where we were, within reason of course. That seemed to help her for a good while, but then she would just do it while we were away from each other.

Methinks that actually led to one of my smaller more recent fetishes... women with healthy, well manicured natural nails. :dontknow:

ETA: BTW, that wasn't even close to the reason we went our separate ways.

Bocefish said:
firstly you must also be able to catch yourself out doing that bad habit.

One of my exes had that horrible habit and we agreed that every time I caught her, she would have to flash me her boobies regardless of where we were, within reason of course. That seemed to help her for a good while, but then she would just do it while we were away from each other.

Methinks that actually led to one of my smaller more recent fetishes... women with healthy, well manicured natural nails. :dontknow:

ETA: BTW, that wasn't even close to the reason we went our separate ways.
I think for camming in particular hands and nails are on as much as a smile is, almost every kiss, almost every touch, is expressed through a models hands. I am not sure they should star in the show (as in a fetish) but play their part in every show, so healthy, well manicured natural nails should add to the experience.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Ambers Troll said:
I think for camming in particular hands and nails are on as much as a smile is, almost every kiss, almost every touch, is expressed through a models hands. I am not sure they should star in the show (as in a fetish) but play their part in every show, so healthy, well manicured natural nails should add to the experience.

I don't bite my nails, but do keep them trimmed to the quick/devoid of polish because otherwise, I'll literally stab the inside of my vagina during shows (which is as pleasant as it sounds) and have to paint them every 2 days. Keeping them short/bare also ensures that in my off-cam life of chasing after my dogs, doing dishes, hiking, playing guitar, etc. that I don't have to worry about breaking/bending/upkeeping a manicure. As far as I know, nobody's ever noticed my lack of long nails on-cam and I've never gotten a comment on it.

My toenails are always perfectly shaped and manicured though. Gotta keep those up for the foot fetish guys. ;)

My gel came off and I notice I'm starting to pick at them.
Time for me to get a manicure!!!

@Gemma, I do that too cause of my cats and babysitting/house cleaning jobs. It's easier to have them shorter majority of the time.

I keep my toenails extra short cause when I did kickboxing, I ended up cutting my partner with my nails...>>

GemmaMoore said:
Ambers Troll said:

I don't bite my nails, but do keep them trimmed to the quick/devoid of polish because otherwise, I'll literally stab the inside of my vagina during shows (which is as pleasant as it sounds) and have to paint them every 2 days. Keeping them short/bare also ensures that in my off-cam life of chasing after my dogs, doing dishes, hiking, playing guitar, etc. that I don't have to worry about breaking/bending/upkeeping a manicure. As far as I know, nobody's ever noticed my lack of long nails on-cam and I've never gotten a comment on it.

My toenails are always perfectly shaped and manicured though. Gotta keep those up for the foot fetish guys. ;)
Am not sure how women with long nails (talons :lol: ) are able maintain them, and still say play guitar... alternatively play with themselves or another without serious injury.
I wear gloves for my work, so need nails fill out the tips so I can do detailed work in them... guess for a model toe nails being lovely/ perfect would be even more critical to success.

Reactions: MayaEden
Status
Not open for further replies.