AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Need help choosing an internet plan

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eden Elizabeth

Cam Model
May 8, 2015
Texas
allmylinks.com
Twitter Username
@EdenElizabethX0
Streamate Username
EdenElizabethXOElizabeth
I've been using an Xfinity hotspot for quite some time now and it's really affecting the quality of my stream. I'm looking to get my own wifi, but I'm having a hard time finding one. Everyone advertises their download speeds, but I can't find much info about upload speeds. Does anyone have any suggestions or at least tips to finding one on my own? Fiber isn't available in my area yet btw.

do you have DSL or cable options? even if you can get a 10mbps download/1.5mbps upload. it's better than wifi hotspots.

recommend ethernet over wifi for streaming.

www.highspeedinternet.com
that's the site i would give people who were unsure what providers are in their area if the isp company i worked for wasn't available.

The typical choices will be cable or DSL. What hardware the provider has installed locally to you will determine the max upload/download speeds.

In some locations there is long range wireless, but typically the download/upload is not very good and the location needs line-of-sight to the providers tower and the ability to install an antenna outside.

And of course there is the hotspot type that you currently have that the upload/download depends greatly on where you are and what that provider has on the closest tower.

There is also Starlink (SpaceX Musk) that is technically available everywhere(all countries anywhere that will allow it) and should be decent on both upload/download, but it costs US$500+ upfront and $99 a month and you have to be able to install a dish outside. And the hardware seems to be backordered many many months.

You really have to sort out what your local providers are.

Status
Not open for further replies.