AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

need help with no motivation

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2020
im starting to cam and i have very little motivation and i hate it. I always push it for later and then never do it. This is something i really want to do though and it makes me hate myself for procrastinating so much. What do you guys do when u have little motivation?

Reactions: imTheSupremeOne
I'm the same way when it comes to coding bots/apps for CB. I always seem to want to put things off. COVID and a few other things in life make me feel defeated at times, even before getting started! What motivates me is forcing myself to take that first step. Then if I'm having fun I can keep doing things (like working on a bot) for 10+ hours. From your perspective, maybe try some chat games or do something while you are caming. Like read a book, play a game, type to friends online. Maybe try to incorporate those activities into the tipping, like getting you to stop or buzzing you when you're pretending not to pay attention. When the tips come you could interact more, and less when chat is slow and you feel unmotivated.

I don't know if any of that advice will help....

Cheers,
cexmental

Upvote 0
I sometimes trick myself into productivity with telling myself I don't HAVE to go on cam, but I do just have to do the next step and then see how I feel. So that step could be taking a shower, getting dressed, getting my cam up, etc- and then usually at that point I'll tell myself just get on for one hour/ one small goal etc, and by then I'm on and in a flow and have tricked myself to the finish line.

Also at this very moment I'm in my robe and makeup eating avocado toast and am going to start broadcasting aaaaaany minute now except I'm here surfing ACF so yeah, some minor procrastination is going to happen!

Upvote 0
im starting to cam and i have very little motivation and i hate it. I always push it for later and then never do it. This is something i really want to do though and it makes me hate myself for procrastinating so much. What do you guys do when u have little motivation?

Like every independent contractor position where you work from home the most important thing is to get organized, schedule as much of your day as you can so that it becomes routine. If you just start working whenever you feel like it you'll just keep finding reasons to push back your start time.

Upvote 0
Somewhat same, especially when there are other external problems... In things like this I'm trying to think what have change, and if I can reverse or somehow else compensate those changes... Force and willpower might work for some people, but it can be bad too — as for me it was disappointing, feeling like some kind of regular job(..which it is...), but you have to express happiness and be energetic when you are just not... Also it may be draining:

But yea, it is situational... For me that video helped to trick my brain as I just don't have other things left to do. But it can be other way, if someone was pushing too hard and require some rest...

Upvote 0
I think what could help is setting some goals. Camming is a hard job in its self and you will never end up loving it. Trying to pick your self up every day isn't a long term solution 'cause in the end your mind just doesn't want to do it. So the first step is to work on that.
My 2 cents about it is: figure out what you are earning that money for, and figure out a goal.
Example: you want to get a new car that is worth X amount of $. Divide that in possible to achieve goals for you and think about camming as a way to reach that goal and get the car.
Then...your brain will start to work for you, not against you.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
CWF

Upvote 0
Try to make it something fun of course you are wanting to make income as well as feel sexy. Definitely set a schedule for yourself and your clients to get a feel of when you are around and online. This site is about the most useful online so if you are not feeling like working some research here can help the next time, just do not make it a habit.

Don't give up!

Upvote 0
for me its even harder to convince myself every day to go online, becouse i deal with cronical back pain so i sit onlnie in pain, cant have any fun ...but i set goals and i know i cant give up on them becouse you see ..you can get sick and cant make money anymore so take the chance now that you still have it . So if you are healty do it , think about those who need to stay online with several health problems...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.