AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Need some serious advice

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2018
Twitter Username
@aurorasspace
Chaturbate Username
auroras18
Hello everyone!

I have lurked a bit on this site looking for some advice on my next moves of becoming a serious cam girl, but I figured I should just finally sign up to explain my current situation. See the bottom of my post for a TL;DR paragraph.

I'm thinking of quitting my job to pursue camming full time. I've been working a normal 8 - 5 job that I hate and have hated for quite some time. It's my fault for lingering in it as long as I have, thinking I would be able to climb the ol' corporate ladder, but now I'm at a point where I feel like I will positively lose my mind if I keep working. It's not worth it at all, as it barely even covers my basic cost of living.

Last year, I signed up for Chaturbate as a model for fun. I was single, horny, and not into one night stands or relationships, so I immediately hopped on to CB after getting verified and had a blast. I only cashed out the tokens I made once because I was using the tokens I had accumulated to tip other models. I was on about 2 to 3 nights a week, but not really rolling in serious tokens. I didn't care at the time, because that was not what I was going for.

After learning a bit more about camming because I loved it so much, I updated my tip menu, got the Lovense, set up a mod, and started to make more in tips and got some awesome regulars to my page. I have tipped my favorite cam girl well over 20,000 tokens without ever touching my own money, and that doesn't include the other people I've tipped as well. I have a few thousand followers. All of this without setting up a proper bio, Amazon wishlist, videos or pictures to sell, or Snapchat.

So I have obviously made a tiny bit of money from camming, but I am hesitant to go full in. I don't give a fuck about the "taboo" of it, so don't worry, I'm not fretting about having sex videos and pics on the internet forever. They are already out there; that is done and done. I love camming and really wish to make a living off of it.

I'm worried about making enough money to survive and that I am being too rash in this decision. I'm not "traditionally" attractive, as in I have a buzzcut, tattoos, I'm not girly, I smoke, and I recently got into an accident that left a fairly wicked scar on my leg that I am unsure of how to cover up. I don't get a ton of views because of this (I've had a lot of people on CB tell me that they would have loved me if I had long hair), but my followers that love me because of my hair stick around and are the greatest people ever. This has pros and cons obviously; being the G.I Jane that listens to metal is my niche, but being a niche can have income issues to start. I've also been inactive for a long while. Work has left me so drained and irritable, I didn't want to get on cam and spread that negativity.

My real question is this: If I get serious (make a bio, Amazon wishlist, sell pics, videos, etc.) do you think I could break $1800 a month? That is my bare bones minimum of survival. I keep going back to the time I cashed out, which was just $1000, and thinking that's it, but I keep forgetting that I still tipped others during that time and I didn't really try.

Do you think I could make that doing full time? I have about 2 months of living expenses saved up, and I could also fall back on my 401k should the times get tough. Would quitting my full-time job help me, or do you think I should suck it up, put on my big girl panties, and work full time while also doing this just to be sure? The latter has me worried that I'm going to be too exhausted to be a fun cam girl, but I know that you gotta do what you gotta do.

I have so much more to say, but this has already run on way too long, haha!

TL;DR: I have some cam girl experience on Chaturbate and am thinking of quitting my full-time job to pursue this full time. However, I have been inactive on CB for a while. Do you think I could break $1800 a month doing this alone, or should I keep my current job and build myself up first? I'm not doing this out of desperation. I love camming and I want to make a living off of it, but I'm also trying to be realistic.

I would really appreciate your feedback! Thank you so much!

Maybe take a couple of weeks off work and try doing camming full time? If you can get 1800$ or around that within that time, then quit and do it full time?
It's a pretty risky thing cause it's not a "stable" income right...it all depends on you...so basically you're in the same boat as people wanting to quit their job to start their own business...it works for some people but not everyone...my advice would be to do alot of research.
Hope it helps :cat::cat::cat:

Don't quit your job yet. Obviously this is just my opinion but I think it would be irresponsible to do that. It's not guaranteed money when you first start off and you don't want to screw yourself over. This is probably coming off as harsh but I've seen it happen too many times with girls who freak out when they quit their job and can't make enough camming to pay their bills.

I'd say you should build yourself up, and when you see that you're consistently pulling in enough money over the span of a few months or maybe even less, then quit your job. And even then you should have a nice little cushion in your savings, just in case. I think it's fantastic that you want to do this full time, it can be an amazing job and can be full of freedom ~ financially, mentally, etc. Just keep at your day job for the meantime and cam when you can (try to be consistent at what time you log on, it'll help). I know what it's like to have a job that you hate, so just try to keep your eye on the prize and use it as motivation to keep camming until you can quit.

And in regards to your looks - there's a camgirl out there for everyone, I promise! You'll find your following and don't listen to the assholes who tell you how they wished you looked. They can go find someone else while you bring in the one's who do like your style.

When you start camming again, I'd suggest getting verified on here! There's a TON of super helpful information in the Models Only section.

Good luck!!! :h: :)

Maybe take a couple of weeks off work and try doing camming full time? If you can get 1800$ or around that within that time, then quit and do it full time?
It's a pretty risky thing cause it's not a "stable" income right...it all depends on you...so basically you're in the same boat as people wanting to quit their job to start their own business...it works for some people but not everyone...my advice would be to do alot of research.
Hope it helps :cat::cat::cat:

Thank you! I've done so much reading and researching these past few days, I feel like my eyes are going to explode. :hilarious:

Yeah, I've thought about this too, but I'd only be able to take a week off. I have a week off scheduled in two weeks, so I think I'll really follow up on your advice and just cam that entire week. It definitely won't hurt to see what that can get me.

Thank you so much for replying! I really appreciate it! :h:

I’ve been on CB for a little over 6 months now, but because I have a full-time job I only cam 5 days a week for about 2 hours each night. My worst payout has been $1,200, but no way would I quit my full time job just yet. I keep an excel spreadsheet with formulas to figure out what my “hourly” pay average is, track trends for increases/decreases in income, followers, show themes, etc. I wish I could take a full week off of my regular job to see what would happen with my numbers if I cammed more hours in a day, so I could see if it’s doable to quit my regular job. But I’m also a single mom to 3 kids, so I have to REALLY be sure of it. I’m hoping to cam full-time by the time I hit my first Cam-iversary. But until then I’m just going to keep saving $ & tracking numbers until I can make a confident decision.

Oh, that's excellent advice! Thank you! I work with so many spreadsheets at work, I don't know why it didn't occur to me to use it for camming as well. :haha:

Wow, three kids and two jobs! You're a super hard worker! I really hope you're able to hit your goal when your Cam-iversary comes around!

I'm fortunate in the fact that I only have me to take care of. I'm single with no kids, so if I fail, at least it's just me I'm letting down. It is heartening to hear that $1,200 was your worst, but you're right; it's much better to have a detailed track record of what you're actually making before making the dive into full time. It's sobering to hear that from someone that's been doing this longer than me.

Thank you so much for your feedback! :h:

Don't quit your job yet. Obviously this is just my opinion but I think it would be irresponsible to do that. It's not guaranteed money when you first start off and you don't want to screw yourself over. This is probably coming off as harsh but I've seen it happen too many times with girls who freak out when they quit their job and can't make enough camming to pay their bills.

I'd say you should build yourself up, and when you see that you're consistently pulling in enough money over the span of a few months or maybe even less, then quit your job. And even then you should have a nice little cushion in your savings, just in case. I think it's fantastic that you want to do this full time, it can be an amazing job and can be full of freedom ~ financially, mentally, etc. Just keep at your day job for the meantime and cam when you can (try to be consistent at what time you log on, it'll help). I know what it's like to have a job that you hate, so just try to keep your eye on the prize and use it as motivation to keep camming until you can quit.

And in regards to your looks - there's a camgirl out there for everyone, I promise! You'll find your following and don't listen to the assholes who tell you how they wished you looked. They can go find someone else while you bring in the one's who do like your style.

When you start camming again, I'd suggest getting verified on here! There's a TON of super helpful information in the Models Only section.

Good luck!!! :h: :)

Don't worry, I definitely didn't read that as harsh. I asked for serious advice and you provided, so thank you!

Yeah, I've read the horror stories. I'm glad I do have a logical side that made me pause and research before I just screamed "I QUIT" and stormed out of the office. I would hate to quit my job with the intent to get out of the corporate machine, only to have camming not give me enough and I have to go crawling back into it. I'm just a fiercely independent person, and it's giving me some trouble with the higher ups, thus why I want to work for myself.

I loved my time camming, and I also have so many artistic ventures I want to take. I'm just at a point where I want to move on with my life and work is interfering in every possible way, so I think I'm letting my whimsical ideations cloud my judgment. I want to be happy, but I also gotta eat. xD

Thank you for the reassurance about my looks. It really helps me to hear that, especially since I'm in such a rough patch right now. I think getting on cam and seeing my regulars again will really help with that. Thank you! :h:

Yeah, I definitely need to get verified on here. The biggest part that I love about camming is the super supportive community. Every model I've talked to has always been so kind, amazing, and always willing to part with great advice. I love it so much.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! It really does help me sort my thoughts to talk to other people. Thank you! :h:

• Hugs
Reactions: Alyssa Taylor
I’ve been on CB for a little over 6 months now, but because I have a full-time job I only cam 5 days a week for about 2 hours each night. My worst payout has been $1,200, but no way would I quit my full time job just yet. I keep an excel spreadsheet with formulas to figure out what my “hourly” pay average is, track trends for increases/decreases in income, followers, show themes, etc. I wish I could take a full week off of my regular job to see what would happen with my numbers if I cammed more hours in a day, so I could see if it’s doable to quit my regular job. But I’m also a single mom to 3 kids, so I have to REALLY be sure of it. I’m hoping to cam full-time by the time I hit my first Cam-iversary. But until then I’m just going to keep saving $ & tracking numbers until I can make a confident decision.

I started webcamming 100% for fun, like you, and also enjoyed watching and tipping other models.

I made a ridiculous amount of money (to me, who was working as a waitress) in my first two weeks of webcamming. So I immediately quit my job.

The months following quitting my job went badly, emotionally and financially. The reason wasn’t webcamming but that my attitude had changed. I no longer was in that “I don’t care to hustle or impress anyone, this is just for fun” headspace that honestly makes people LOVE to tip you. Instead, I was worried about money and acting desperate for viewers and tips.... which makes people NOT want to tip you.

If you can let go of the stress about the money and just do it for fun, even if it’s your fulltime job .... the money will flow. I now do very well as a cam girl and my secret is just in letting go. Treating it like it is just a hobby.

Sometimes working on multiple cam sites helps take the pressure off, that’s how I got my groove back intially! It’s easier to let go and just have fun when your eggs are in multiple baskets. The internet has infinite ways to make money. There is manyvids, Myfreecams, chaturbate, clips4sale, mygirlfund, snapsees, Streamate, to name a few.

• Helpful!
Reactions: chocobabecr
I make much less as a cam girl... This payout I wont even make my 5000 token soft goal I set for myself. I am a bbw/ssbbw and cam partly with my husband. That being said I only cam 2-3hrs 5ish days a week. I have a few regulars but even those come and go and I haven't had one tipper stay consistently with me/us in the 2 months ive been camming. I also branched out into clips and phone texts/calls but Im not always available to open my phone lines and have yet to make payout on any other site than CB

It would be good to try it out for awhile while keeping your day job or switching to something lighter like a part time job if possible

You might be interested in the BM hourly pay option. You have to meet certain time requirements, but if you do everything you are asked you’re 100% certain to make minimum $2400 a month (according to the info at this link http://www.camhustlers.com/hourly_pay_rate_for_cammodels/)

Might be worth looking into. They are very honest to and say it’s not the greatest earning potential, but it’s steady.

You might be interested in the BM hourly pay option. You have to meet certain time requirements, but if you do everything you are asked you’re 100% certain to make minimum $2400 a month (according to the info at this link http://www.camhustlers.com/hourly_pay_rate_for_cammodels/)

Might be worth looking into. They are very honest to and say it’s not the greatest earning potential, but it’s steady.
They cancelled this program, it's not available anymore.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.