AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Netflix suggestions!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mynameisbob84 said:
Wait, I thought they had every episode on Netflix? Do they not have the "monster of the week" ones?
I loved the "mythology" episodes up until the end of season 6 where they essentially tied the whole "alien conspiracy"/Samantha storylines up in a neat, tidy bow. Season 7 onwards with the shitty super soldiers, Mulder and Scully in love and on the run, their X-Men child, the Lone Gunmen being inexplicably killed off, Doggett and Reyes was just poopy. The only reason to watch the show at that point was the stand-alones.
Some of my favourite episodes were "monster of the week"s... Triangle, Beyond The Sea (it may have been a complete rip-off of Silence of the Lambs but it was fucking awesome), Home, the Loch Ness Monster episode, the Cigarette Smoking Man backstory episode, the comedy episodes... they were all awesome.

I'm glad I have them all on DVD :-D

nah they cut out the best ones man. season 5 is basically my favorite season, and i believe they don't have any of my favorite episodes. bad blood, tooms, the Donnie episodes - Irresistible and Orison. also i'll watch anything with the gunmen. (i'm a sucker for langly. seriously, i'd tap that so hard. but he's married. so i'd kiss that on the cheek so hard.)

touchbunny said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Wait, I thought they had every episode on Netflix? Do they not have the "monster of the week" ones?
I loved the "mythology" episodes up until the end of season 6 where they essentially tied the whole "alien conspiracy"/Samantha storylines up in a neat, tidy bow. Season 7 onwards with the shitty super soldiers, Mulder and Scully in love and on the run, their X-Men child, the Lone Gunmen being inexplicably killed off, Doggett and Reyes was just poopy. The only reason to watch the show at that point was the stand-alones.
Some of my favourite episodes were "monster of the week"s... Triangle, Beyond The Sea (it may have been a complete rip-off of Silence of the Lambs but it was fucking awesome), Home, the Loch Ness Monster episode, the Cigarette Smoking Man backstory episode, the comedy episodes... they were all awesome.

I'm glad I have them all on DVD :-D

nah they cut out the best ones man. season 5 is basically my favorite season, and i believe they don't have any of my favorite episodes. bad blood, tooms, the Donnie episodes - Irresistible and Orison. also i'll watch anything with the gunmen. (i'm a sucker for langly. seriously, i'd tap that so hard. but he's married. so i'd kiss that on the cheek so hard.)

That sucks donkey doodle. How can they not have Squeeze/Tooms?? I think Season 5 is probably my favourite too. I liked Season 6 but... I dunno, it felt different somehow. I know it was the first one they shot in LA (as opposed to Vancouver). Maybe that had something to do with it. The Bruce Campbell episode and the Samantha closure episodes were really good (Moby's "My Weakness" in the Samantha episodes is such a beautiful song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFzogfFw-2Q).

mynameisbob84 said:
That sucks donkey doodle. How can they not have Squeeze/Tooms?? I think Season 5 is probably my favourite too. I liked Season 6 but... I dunno, it felt different somehow. I know it was the first one they shot in LA (as opposed to Vancouver). Maybe that had something to do with it. The Bruce Campbell episode and the Samantha closure episodes were really good (Moby's "My Weakness" in the Samantha episodes is such a beautiful song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFzogfFw-2Q).

yep. it definitely started falling after a while, and by the time duchovny left because he was burnt out it was pretty clear that it was losing fuel. (also i will never forgive fox for holding that grudge against the gunmen after their spinoff show that got them killed off the show. never. fox, this bunny has her eye on you. watch yo'self.)

i feel like we need an x-files thread now. to apologize for taking away from the netflix discussion i'll add another.

Deadly Women - pretty interesting until you get to the flood of angels of death and boring poison cases.
Charmed
American Dad - watch all of it. All. Of. It.

mynameisbob84 said:
I really liked Freaks and Geeks! Couldn't get into Undeclared though :(

I'm done with Freaks and Geeks and starting Undeclared. Only watched two episodes so far before falling asleep. Hah.

Reactions: RylieBradford
Tea420 said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I'm done with Freaks and Geeks and starting Undeclared. Only watched two episodes so far before falling asleep. Hah.

I have a hard-on for all things 80s so I think I was pre-disposed to loving Freaks and Geeks :)

Undeclared is set in modern day so it just felt like any other high school comedy/drama.

mynameisbob84 said:
Tea420 said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I have a hard-on for all things 80s so I think I was pre-disposed to loving Freaks and Geeks :)

Undeclared is set in modern day so it just felt like any other high school comedy/drama.

Oh yes. The very modern times of 2001. :lol:
I was nine years old when Undeclared came out, so while I understand all the late 90's popculture references, it still feels like a far away land to me. Not as far away as the 80's, of course, since I wasn't even alive then, but you know..

Tea420 said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Tea420 said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I was nine years old when Undeclared came out, so while I understand all the late 90's popculture references, it still feels like a far away land to me. Not as far away as the 80's, of course, since I wasn't even alive then, but you know..

I must be getting old. Anything past 2000 to present day all feels the same to me. Like, the 90s were there own distinct era, same for the 80s. I wasn't alive pre-84 (that I know of) but the 60s and 70s seem wildly different to the 50s. The 00s and the... 10s? though... it's all "modern day" to me :)

mynameisbob84 said:
Tea420 said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Tea420 said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I must be getting old. Anything past 2000 to present day all feels the same to me. Like, the 90s were there own distinct era, same for the 80s. I wasn't alive pre-84 (that I know of) but the 60s and 70s seem wildly different to the 50s. The 00s and the... 10s? though... it's all "modern day" to me :)

The early 2000's feel like the 90's to me, especially in Undeclared. Some of the references, like the episode where they talk about making a time capsule to bury, and they put a Britney Spears poster and Pokemon cards in it... That stuf still exists, just in a totally different way than it did back then. But it's probably just because I'm young. Blah.

Tea420 said:
I have been watching '30 Days' a lot as of late. Pretty decent show. Gets the gears movin'.
oh I know! I absolutely loved watching what episodes I did. haven't finished it though because I got distracted by Doctor Who.

I started re-watching Twin Peaks on Netflix last night. I have them all on DVD but Netflix are showing them in "Super HD" so I wanted to see what they looked like. And they look pretty good. Not quite Blu-Ray quality but certainly better than the DVDs.

Now I've re-watched the pilot, I kinda feel obliged to watch the other 29 episodes :)

Is anyone else looking forward to the new Netflix exclusive series "House of Cards" with Kevin Spacey? I think it looks great.

Reactions: Keithy
AmberCutie said:
Is anyone else looking forward to the new Netflix exclusive series "House of Cards" with Kevin Spacey? I think it looks great.

Looks pretty good! Doesn't it come out in March? Same month new Arrested Development continues/premiers and they get some new Cartoon Network/Adult Swim stuff too.

I just came in here to mention House of Cards and here Amber beat me too it. That or she used her mod powers to transport herself back in time to post before me after I already posted about it.

It comes out tomorrow, I was listening to them talk about it on NPR today.

Also, I'm rewatching Hyperdrive on Netflix. One episode reminds me of Amber. This part:

Reactions: lordmagellan
Recently started on Star Trek TOS. never realized just how good it actually was; silly as balls on a warm day, yes, but still good over all.

And also recently started re-watching Dinosaurs after realizing a friend of mine reminds me A LOT of Earl Sinclaire. Laughed my ass off when I hit on that at work; pretty sure my co-workers thought I was having a psychotic break for a minute.

And for a good movie- Tucker and Dale vs Evil. Firefly fans will enjoy Alan Tudik, most everyone will enjoy the comedy/ horror. Just a fun movie.

For Tv shows:
Once Upon a Time
How I Met your Mother
Wilfred (I can't wait for more episodes of this to be on netflix! It's a fantastic show.)
Buffy
Firefly (I love every single episode :) )

For movies:
Rango
Serenity
Earth Girls Are Easy
Robin Hood: Men in Tights (if it's still up. I haven't watched it on netflix in a while.)

AmberCutie said:

I have watched the first 3 episodes and I am liking it so far. I like all of David Fincher's stuff anyways and usually seek it out. :-D

For those that did not watch it when it was originally out, The West Wing is available for streaming now. While watching it again, I am reminded it was probably the best TV series I took the time to watch. Even if you do not like politics it is well worth watching.

I *think* all of these movies are still available. If they aren't you really should watch them as soon as possible.

*Paranormal Activity- that shit scared me so bad that I have come precariously close to wetting myself rather than traverse the house in the dark

*Trick r Treat

*Freaks and Geeks

*The Ten- LOVE! I've watched it like 15 times now. It's got most of the cast of The State/Reno 911/Wet Hot American Summer-- which reminds me...

*Wet Hot American Summer

*Reality Bites

*Empire Records

*How I Met Your Mother

*Dollhouse

*Veronica Mars

*Family Guy

*American Dad

There's probably others, but these are the ones that I keep watching over and over again and I feel really good about recommending them to everyone else.

thread tangent...

I'm kind of curious, who took these recommendations and watched some of these?
what did you watch? did you like it and did it spur you on to watch more of the recommendations given?

Reactions: Tilly
I've been super into the classic movies that Hulu plus offers. Jean-Luc Goddard and his leading ladies are phenomenal. I think Netflix has A Woman is a Woman.

Reactions: DudeExtreme
Jekyll
Ouran High School Host Club
Speed Grapher
X-Men Animated Series
xxxHolic

Reactions: Tilly
Status
Not open for further replies.