AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New (and experienced) performers, please be SO careful

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Have you ever been scammed by someone?

• Yes

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Voting for results

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait hold up, there's a button for "I purchased this elsewhere"??? So it looks like the item(s) were bought to the recipient but it's all one huge lie? Wow it's even easier to be an asshole than I thought :worried:

Oh, yes. And it instantly shows up as "purchased" on your end. can usually tell it's fake because they'll pick the 3 or 4 most expensive items on my list and "buy" them all at once. I'm always suspicious of someone dropping $500ish on me that I've never interacted with before.

Oh, yes. And it instantly shows up as "purchased" on your end. can usually tell it's fake because they'll pick the 3 or 4 most expensive items on my list and "buy" them all at once. I'm always suspicious of someone dropping $500ish on me that I've never interacted with before.
YIKES thanks Amazon! That seems like such a weird feature to include, like OF COURSE people are gonna abuse the hell out of it. Ugh thanks for mentioning that because I had nooo idea.

Done. Not that 200 followers is much more in the grand scheme of things, but every avenue to warn people of scammers - we'll help!

Looks like @RipEoadHag is using that Twitter account to just follow webcam models, and he never actually Tweets.

If you have contacts for the models he follows, the better approach might be to send them warnings individually, and his follow list is here:
https://twitter.com/RipEoadHag/following

YIKES thanks Amazon! That seems like such a weird feature to include, like OF COURSE people are gonna abuse the hell out of it. Ugh thanks for mentioning that because I had nooo idea.
It makes sense if you think about it in the manner that wishlists are supposed to be used by non-sex workers. Like, if I made a xmas wishlist for my family and friends, and my mom saw that she had already gotten me one of the items, she could mark that she purchased it elsewhere. That way some other family member wouldn't get me a duplicate of that item.
At the end of the day, Amazon wishlists are designed for people that love you and are innocently trying to give you things you like without having to coordinate with all your other loved ones. Amazon doesn't optimize wishlists to be used as currency by potentially-scamming strangers trying to buy your services.

Also, minors can have Amazon accounts, they can accrue gift card balances, and they can buy things off your wishlist with their gift card balance. If you're going to do shows for wishlist items, it's probably a good idea to insist that the person have spent some money on an adult website first.

Last edited:
Oh, forgot the poll. Yes, I've been scammed. It was a fully preventable thing, but my very first reg seemed so awesome and trustworthy, so I trusted him. It was really stupid, but at least it was my very first time doing Skype, and all I lost was the money for the show. If I had been reckless with multiple Skype shows before getting burned, it probably would have turned out much worse.

It really sucks, and I'm sorry girls are still getting hurt by these assholes.

Oh, forgot the poll. Yes, I've been scammed. It was a fully preventable thing, but my very first reg seemed so awesome and trustworthy, so I trusted him. It was really stupid, but at least it was my very first time doing Skype, and all I lost was the money for the show. If I had been reckless with multiple Skype shows before getting burned, it probably would have turned out much worse.

It really sucks, and I'm sorry girls are still getting hurt by these assholes.

What were the facts behind that scam, and how do you overcome that today?

Sorry for such a basic question, but if a model uses tokens on CB or MFC to fund a Skype show, is she protected against fraud chargebacks? Or are CB and MFC assuming that risk for her?

He seemed very put out that I wouldn't give him a show while I waited for confirmation, having the nerve to say "it's fine I guess" when I apologized for the delay... as if it was my fault! Really?! A week of waiting and no gifts, so it's safe to say I've been had.

DO NOT GIVE THEM ANYTHING UNTIL THE PAYMENT, WHATEVER IT IS, IS IN YOUR HANDS!!!

That sucks. I know the demands of members can be great. But, I would hope models realize that 'demanding members' you do not know suck (maybe even those you may know suck too). Maybe there are some great members who can act 'put out' (I think I get the meaning of 'put out') but I have never read any threads about how great a 'put out' member is or has acted. I usually read about a guy that has paid and the model didn't deliver. In this case it is a model that is waiting to get paid which should be pretty transparent in a relatively short amount of time. Why is the dude rushing beyond a reasonable amount of time (guys can generally get a boner a day, a week, and a month later---no time constraints for boners)? If he is gonna be a regular he won't rush and will trust. It would be interesting to see if anyone has members that are overly demanding, or feeling 'put out,' and still consider them a good to great regular. I seriously doubt it. I only say this all because it is in general cam chat.

I often wonder what these guys are like in real life: do they complain at every restaurant for a free meal? Do they scam the people in their lives too (thus leading them to the internet where they can scam more people)? The lowest of the low. I can just imagine talking to this guy in real life and him looking for angles to get one over me. Again, it sucks to hear you were taken advantage of.

Last edited:
What were the facts behind that scam, and how do you overcome that today?
Honestly, it's pretty embarrassing, and all on me. I hadn't researched Skype shows at all. The guy gave me an Amazon gift card up front that was worth maybe 45 minutes at my current Skype rates. But due to zero research, I didn't even know what I should have been charging. I agreed that we could just go as long as we wanted, because I trusted that he'd make up the difference if we went over. Turned out, we spent HOURS that night hanging out, watching tv, talking, a bit of the sexy stuff, but mostly naked hangout type activities.

And when the dust settled, he didn't want to pay for anything other than the initial gift card, because most of the time "wasn't about jerking off." Looking back, he probably got at least $600 worth of my time and kept me up nearly all night, knowing that I had to be somewhere in the morning. Was it fun? Yes. Was I dildoing the whole time? No. But it was still my time and should have been compensated (and fwiw, I have had regs since then that pay that much and more for similar types of hangout sessions, so it's not an unreasonable ask.)

I think the only thing that was needed for me to overcome that sort of issue was to stick to my guns and insist that people play by my rules (which are by no means unusual). I also suggest that models not go off site until they've done their homework and are ready. Learn from other models, and if a custie is trying to tell you how Skype shows are "supposed" to work, be cautious and double check what he says.

Reactions: n_i_c_u and Gen
Honestly, it's pretty embarrassing, and all on me. I hadn't researched Skype shows at all. The guy gave me an Amazon gift card up front that was worth maybe 45 minutes at my current Skype rates. But due to zero research, I didn't even know what I should have been charging. I agreed that we could just go as long as we wanted, because I trusted that he'd make up the difference if we went over. Turned out, we spent HOURS that night hanging out, watching tv, talking, a bit of the sexy stuff, but mostly naked hangout type activities.

And when the dust settled, he didn't want to pay for anything other than the initial gift card, because most of the time "wasn't about jerking off." Looking back, he probably got at least $600 worth of my time and kept me up nearly all night, knowing that I had to be somewhere in the morning. Was it fun? Yes. Was I dildoing the whole time? No. But it was still my time and should have been compensated (and fwiw, I have had regs since then that pay that much and more for similar types of hangout sessions, so it's not an unreasonable ask.)

I think the only thing needed for me to overcome that sort of issue is to stick to my guns and insist that people play by my rules (which are by no means unusual). I also suggest that models not go off site until they've done their homework and are ready. Learn from other models, and if a custie is trying to tell you how Skype shows are "supposed" to work, be cautious and double check what he says.

Some other threads here talk about a Skype-based payment service named SkyPrivate. Basically they collect payment in advance and continue to charge if it goes over the allotted time. I guess they must have some kind of Skype add-in software that acts like a timer and billing management system, and probably the viewer has to place the call through that application. If anyone has used it I am curious if it works well.

^ I have used it, and it works alright. The guys have to register on the site and add funds to their account. On my end, I have the software. If you call me on Skype, it bills your account by the minute. When you're done, you end the call, and the billing stops. If your account runs out of money, it automatically shuts the call down.
They have had some glitches in the past, but it has been pretty stable for awhile now.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
It makes sense if you think about it in the manner that wishlists are supposed to be used by non-sex workers. Like, if I made a xmas wishlist for my family and friends, and my mom saw that she had already gotten me one of the items, she could mark that she purchased it elsewhere. That way some other family member wouldn't get me a duplicate of that item.
At the end of the day, Amazon wishlists are designed for people that love you and are innocently trying to give you things you like without having to coordinate with all your other loved ones. Amazon doesn't optimize wishlists to be used as currency by potentially-scamming strangers trying to buy your services.

Also, minors can have Amazon accounts, they can accrue gift card balances, and they can buy things off your wishlist with their gift card balance. If you're going to do shows for wishlist items, it's probably a good idea to insist that the person have spent some money on an adult website first.

Why can't there be an "agree" and a "like" joined ino one button? I agree with all of this.

For the record, I view wish lists as gifts and don't expect anything in return. I've only purchased a couple of wish list items for models. But, each time, I've coordinated with them on the item, or a like item from elsewhere (better quality for same price). Usually jut to validate they still need/want the item. As well as if it's okay for from a different site (they have a PO Box published on their wishlist) or if they have their hearts set on that specific one.

It really sucks that people try to scam others. Sadly, it's such a common event in life nowadays.

Reactions: Ms_Gingersnatch
Unless it's a regular you trust based on repeated past experience, don't do dick until it's in your hand, orifice etc.?

There are some overlapping signs of the scammers, at least the ones I dealt with:

• They are always in rush
  • They say they've been scammed before so you should do x or wait for the payment after at least 30% of the show
  • The payment they sent gets mysteriously delayed so you just need to trust them bb

And I assume person is a scammer if they ask for Paypal and can't be persuaded otherwise.
I had a guy who purchased a show off me and then suddenly got very interested in sending me the payment through paypal next time and didn't come off the subject for the next 30min, I'd say it's best to be on the lookout even if they ordered something before.

Sorry that happened to you. It's a very common scam. I have a wishlist, but I only accept tokens for payment. And I make it clear that if someone sends me a wishlist item, it's just out of the goodness of their heart and not to expect anything in return from it. I have sent "thank you" pictures or a short video to good regulars, but they didn't ask for them.

Thank you so much for writing about this. I'm on my first week on MFC (and camming in general) and someone on twitter seemed particularly and suspiciously interested both in my new model status and in sending me gifts: "Hey, are you really new to camming?, do you have an amazon wishlist? I want to spoil you, bla bla..." and I told him it was work in progress, because it is, but maybe if I had it in place already I would have fallen for it.

Reactions: Ariana_
Literally the second I turned my cam on for the first time on mfc I was hit by a dozen or more pms asking me for skype for amazon, for "admire", for paypal, for the love of kitties, for whatever. I think these guys just hang out in the lounge all day and send these pms to all new girls hoping one does it. I have never seen any of these guys in my chat room.

I've already commented on this to @Ariana_ , but NO ONE should feel ashamed of mistakes like this. We all learn from mistakes and help each other out by sharing this info. THANK YOU FOR THIS POST! ♥

And on that note, I am keeping items exclusively on Amazon and totally waiting till I receive them for any service of mine. lol...that "purchased elsewhere" thing is so dumb for anything other than people you really trust (family, etc) as previously stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.