AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New cam girl worried about safety

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2017
HI everyone I'm new here. I currently just setup an accout with SM and also looking in to MFC. My question is do you give the website that you work for your personal info? I've heard to use a ID with a diff. Adress and unfortunately I dont have that my I'd is current. I don't want to end up with a stalker coming to my house or anything crazy like that. I appreciate any advice! TiA

The site you'll be camming on and receiving a paycheck from definitely needs your legal info, yes. Don't use an invalid ID.

Thank you, I heard many different things regarding personal info and payment info. I want to make sure other people can't access my personal information.

Major websites do ask for ID (ID next to face) but no, so far as I know they need to know that you are legally at age, and the performer they pay it the actual owner of the approved account.
You should be worried about giving your info to strangers in order to send you gifts and stuff but the site itself (especially MFC) takes this stuff pretty seriously.
My opinion (tho in this world anything is possible) the staff who does approve accounts and check/review all submission are not interested in stalking models.
Good luck

Major websites do ask for ID (ID next to face) but no, so far as I know they need to know that you are legally at age, and the performer they pay it the actual owner of the approved account.
You should be worried about giving your info to strangers in order to send you gifts and stuff but the site itself (especially MFC) takes this stuff pretty seriously.
My opinion (tho in this world anything is possible) the staff who does approve accounts and check/review all submission are not interested in stalking models.
Good luck
Thanks for responding, I only worried about the people that go on the sites to watching getting my personal info. I used to think it sounded good that other cam girls said they would get gifts sent to a P. O box. Then they started talking about the possibility of people sending poison and that changed my mind very quickly! Lol I hadn't really though of that.

Thanks for responding, I only worried about the people that go on the sites to watching getting my personal info. I used to think it sounded good that other cam girls said they would get gifts sent to a P. O box. Then they started talking about the possibility of people sending poison and that changed my mind very quickly! Lol I hadn't really though of that.

Not to unnecessarily worry you, but if you're this worried about your personal information reaching the wrong hands, it's definitely worth thinking seriously about whether the risk is worth it to you. Models here will be in a better position than I am to confirm/deny, but I think a majority of models have to contend with at least one instance of personal information being leaked to someone they would rather it not, or images/videos of them being seen by someone they wouldn't want them to.

It's probably wise not to start camming at all unless you feel like you'd be able to deal with something like that were it to happen, and also to be realistic about the chances of it happening too.

Reactions: Serenity_Tam
Being outed is totally different to handing over a copy of your ID to a site.

With regards to sites stick to the big ones until you learn more, you will be able to spot a dodgy site in 6months of you stick around.

With regards to being outed, assume someone will find you and tell people. Prepare for that as much as you can.

That is my biggest fear as a cam girl is, like, family seeing vids or pics. Like how would you respond?

Also I was reading this morning about something going on with MFC where a "former user" was hacking into user accounts and selling their tokens. Wouldn't a hacker be able to find the personal information as well?

Personally I don't talk to alot of my family and while it might be a little embarrassing I'm not worried about being outted or being recognized by someone that knows me . They aren't paying my bills and I have the freedom to do as I please. If it bothers someone in my family then owell you love someone no matter what.

Reactions: Emberblaze
Being outed is totally different to handing over a copy of your ID to a site.

With regards to sites stick to the big ones until you learn more, you will be able to spot a dodgy site in 6months of you stick around.

With regards to being outed, assume someone will find you and tell people. Prepare for that as much as you can.
I'm not worried about being putted at all. If someone doesn't like what I do owell tough tittle lol. I'm only worried about people on the sites stalking you. I know you get recognized sometimes and that's fine. It's just scary someone showing up at my house. But if that was so common I don't think there would be so many cam girls.

I'm not worried about being putted at all. If someone doesn't like what I do owell tough tittle lol. I'm only worried about people on the sites stalking you. I know you get recognized sometimes and that's fine. It's just scary someone showing up at my house. But if that was so common I don't think there would be so many cam girls.
Damn auto correct I mean outted

That is my biggest fear as a cam girl is, like, family seeing vids or pics. Like how would you respond?

"well mom, i'm using my acting degree a little different than you expected..."

The main thing that I have been learning so far is to check EVERY social media platform and site you're using as to if it toggles your location, how it shares your information and creat "alter" accounts (email, etc) and everything before starting on sites. Don't give out paypal information. Use DeliveryCode for gifts and such, as they never reveal your address. Just be very aware of all your communications.

"well mom, i'm using my acting degree a little different than you expected..."

"Mom, you raised me to never put on a show unless I'm getting paid for it. I'm following your advice".

Also I was reading this morning about something going on with MFC where a "former user" was hacking into user accounts and selling their tokens. Wouldn't a hacker be able to find the personal information as well?

There is a big difference between a person's personal user account being hacked, this is usually achieved through some sort of social engineering and a big website like MFC, SM or CB being hacked. To hack a big website like the major cam sites requires a very specific set of skills that not many people have. Even if someone was able to hack the site and get usernames and passwords of models and users it would be highly unlikely that this would also give them access to the IDs and addresses.

The best way to stop yourself from being hacked is to follow a few simple rules.
  • Use strong passwords, at least 8 characters long and make sure they contain upper and lower case letters as well as numbers and symbols
  • Change your passwords regularly, at least every 3 months
  • Use two factor authentication whenever it is offered
  • Keep your antivirus software up to date and scan regularly
  • Don't use the same passwords for multiple places/sites eg email, iTunes, banking, cam sites
  • Don't respond or open suspicious emails
  • Don't use your name, pet's name or anything like that as a password
A lot of the above can be achieved by using a good password manager.

e-gift cards are very popular with cam girls because all she needs to give out is her email address. Top sellers are amazon, argos, M&S, topshop and even pizza express. good luck!

https://egiftcards.co.uk/

Or people can send an electronic gift card directly through Amazon, etc, without bothering around with a middle man.

Reactions: Dan N and Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.