AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Cam Site

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2013
Hey girls!

First, some details about myself. I have been a cam model for several years now. I do solo and b/g with my husband. I've been on Streamate mostly, and MFC as well. I would like to consider myself one of the top 20 models on Stream and top 100 on MFC. I am mostly new to MFC.

Stream has been ridiculously successful for me and my husband. We make easily 150k a year. I started to work on MFC more though recently as I see longer term even bigger numbers possible there. Solo wise, as Stream doesn't do as well for me solo. Plus it frees my husband up to work on other things.

I wish to remain completely anonymous as I'm sure if streamate or MFC were to see this post I would get banned very quickly :)

As models on Streamate it has been obviously successful but at the same time annoying as all hell. They ban models for stupid reasons, provide very poor customer support, piss off the customers, have stupid inconsistent rules (one model is allowed to get away with one thing, another gets banned for it). Plus, they are so obsessed with chargebacks so that the members can't give out huge tips like they can on MFC. Oh and don't even get me started on connection issues. Myself as well as countless other models have complained about dropping connection. I have one of the fastest internet providers in Texas. Its not my internet. And when I complain... supposedly I am the only one. But twitter is full of complaints. Many of you stream models out there can probably relate to most of all this.

The payout is obviously low with Stream however we aren't stupid. We understand that they pay affiliates a huge part and thats why there is so much traffic. Many girls just look at it and say "Streamate takes 65%+!!!!". No... they don't. They have hosting cost, chargebacks, affiliate cost, cc processing fees. When its all said and done they are luck to make 10-15%... if that.

We also own a stream studio. Thats even more annoying. They allow models to jump between studios. Sometimes they say your ID pictures must be perfect, other times they let stupid shit get approved. We have even had models be approved for several weeks... working for us and making money... then they email us and shut the account down because they figured out they didn't like the ID pictures. Oh and it takes forever to get accounts approved.

I could get into more specific issues with Stream but again I want to remain anonymous so I won't go there.

MFC is much much better. But they don't allow couple shows. Plus their site is pretty confusing.

In my opinion as it stands, if Streamate doesn't get things together and make changes, MFC will put them out of business.

Now down to business...

The reason for this post is that we have been thinking about longer term business ideas in the industry. We have tossed around many ideas but one just keeps coming back to us... making our own cam site. The undertaking would be massive. My husband would be the main one doing all the work. Its a huge cost and a huge risk. But I think it could be successful. A cam site made for cam models by cam models.

I'm coming to the forum not to promote. But to get ideas and feedback from a community of girls (and guys out there as well I guess).

Please give me your ideas/feedback/comments on what would be different for a cam site you would like to work on vs Stream/MFC/whatever other site out there.

I believe skinvideo.com/cams was also supposed to be the best thing since opium and cheese sandwiches for models. The model part of the site was to be run by former models with the best features for models, highest pay, blah, blah, blah... never took off.

Reactions: RebeccaT
sophiawrightcam said:
I would like to consider myself one of the top [...] 100 on MFC. I am mostly new to MFC.

This does not make sense. Unless you're Jenna Jameson I don't know of any new models in the top 100 on mfc.

JerryBoBerry said:
sophiawrightcam said:
I would like to consider myself one of the top [...] 100 on MFC. I am mostly new to MFC.

This does not make sense. Unless you're Jenna Jameson I don't know of any new models in the top 100 on mfc.

I would like to consider myself one of the top 100 pervs on MFC. Does it make more sense now?

I love MFC and working on the site, of all the ones I've been on I find it's the one that let's you be the most creative with getting tokens. You still make money even when you're not in private, the while atmosphere is fun loving, I would LOVE it if there were a site where I could have my hubby on and it was set up like MFC (unfortunately I have yet to find one.)

HisGoddess said:
I love MFC and working on the site, of all the ones I've been on I find it's the one that let's you be the most creative with getting tokens. You still make money even when you're not in private, the while atmosphere is fun loving, I would LOVE it if there were a site where I could have my hubby on and it was set up like MFC (unfortunately I have yet to find one.)

Chaturbate allows couples and is a token-based site!

Hire a lawyer, and hammer out a model agreement that is actually equitable to models. Don't include exclusive ownership and work for hire clauses. They make no sense, given the current state of cam modeling as an industry consisting of independent contractors who can and do spread their content among several distributors at the same time.

Reactions: LadyLuna
SophiaLocke advertises her camsite and MFC hasn't punished her to my knowledge.
As long as you're not advertising it ON mfc I can't imagine they'd be able to do anything about it.

I'm not currently looking for a new site, but I wouldn't feel safe joining a site that was making claims to be run by an anonymous model, without knowing who that person is.

I know who runs MFC.
I'd need to know who you were too.

Miss_Lollipop said:

Not to derail this thread but, everytime I go on her site, no one is online. Is it still active? Or am I just missing out on the activity?

Reactions: Avalyn_
ILikeUonTop said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

Not to derail this thread but, everytime I go on her site, no one is online. Is it still active? Or am I just missing out on the activity?

It's still active. Sophia cams there from time to time. It's still new though so doesn't have a ton of models on it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.