AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Cam Site!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually the one who brought up folks not getting paid, and your replies to questions is what made me excited for a new camsite. My intentions are not to be negative, but give a perspective from someone who has been watching this since your arrival at ACF.

From my side it feels like you're investing so much in building up our hopes and you show us that you've spent time and money on "swag" but there isn't even a mock up site. Instead of saying you have a thing in the works you keep on delaying and trying to give impossible concrete dates and it gives me the fear that you are taking on more than you may be able to chew, or perhaps you are inclined to give false hope. OR you're just super unorganized and unable to communicate fully with the people working on your site. You have an AVN contest going on .... at least in the other thread you mentioned it, and it's on the site currently you have the option for people to win this trip - but nothing more. Like AVN is in a matter of DAYS.

Even if you check your tweet history there are tweets from march talking about final details of the site. I am just putting it out there it gives a weird impression.

While I don't doubt your a fantastic fella with great intentions - your ideas sound great but your execution not so much and it makes me approach more cautiously than excitedly.

I understand your point. Dates have been missed, which is why I have stopped providing any future dates. If I remember correctly, the last time I said something was the end of November or the beginning of December. There are many individuals who have asked me about dates and I have maintain a very simple response of "it's coming" following the missed dates. No matter what I say to respond to this now will be a disappointed because no one who is excited about anything wants to here it is delayed. I am glad there are many people excited about it. To be fair to the site and its execution, I made some big changes that previously I did not anticipate. For example, at the end of October I realized that the hosting company I was using was going to negatively effect the website. So I changed companies...which means the site and all its back-end had to be transferred over. That alone cost me a few weeks. So, as long as the changes are benefiting the site, I can live with the delays.

The "swag" which was the term another model called it, I do not like that term. What someone may see as swag, I see as an effective marketing tool. That is what the hats and stickers are to me. The name needs to get out in public to draw traffic. Those hats and stickers are not going to be sold. Those will be given away. The hats with the logo are actually very nice. The more people enjoy wearing them, the more the logo and the site gains exposure. They are walking billboards. And, I promise I do not have 10,000 stickers all over my fridge :)

The AVN is, and I will admit, a missed opportunity. I was trying to time the contest with the launch and once I made some changes, that was greatly effected. The ad needs to come down and I will remove that. The contest again was for exposure and a way to draw in traffic. Missing that opportunity has no effect on the model end. We will make up for that, but are wiser now to that strategy. So, I apologize for that.

The twitter account is to gain exposure. I have to get peoples attention about the ideas and about the site.

It has not been perfect (I will admit), but everything I mention about running this company will stay true. You will see that. Look up any company (Instagram, Airbnb, etc.) and you will see that its never perfect....never goes as planned. The planning is just a tool to develop the idea and move you from step one to step two, and beyond.

As for the mock up site, I am not releasing a Beta. Once registration opens, it is open and the launch will follow right behind that. There will be no test site. Were you thinking I was going to release a Beta? If so, maybe I did not make that clear enough in the other thread.

Although I get why people might get frustrated with the delays for what its worth I think you did the right thing. Instead of frantically trying to stick to the deadline and making loads of compromises or cutting corners all over the place you admitted it wasnt going to happen and postponed until everything can be done properly. I think it shows more integrity this way then for those compromises to be exposed after the launch and cause a much bigger problem further down the line.

I'm all for your company and don't mind the delays too much because you have provided legitimate reasons. One thing I will say is I hate to wear hats, and I don't know many fashion-conscious girls who would be willing to walk around with a "hey, I'm a cam girl and this is where you can find me" on their head.

Also there's a 0% chance she would wear it on cam because it's not sexy or alluring... plus why wear a hat inside? So, that might be a swing and a miss. I don't know what I'd do with the sticker apart from let it gather dust or throw it away.

MyFreeCams actually does merch in the form of panties and tank tops. Albeit they are a large company who can afford to give those away, but it's something they can cam in or wear under their clothes. This isn't meant to be a dig, I'm just saying even though it would be given away free, I wouldn't personally want either.

MyFreeCams actually does merch in the form of panties and tank tops. Albeit they are a large company who can afford to give those away, but it's something they can cam in or wear under their clothes. This isn't meant to be a dig, I'm just saying even though it would be given away free, I wouldn't personally want either.
They should make a mfc cake :hungry:

Status
Not open for further replies.