AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New-ish Cam Model Looking for insight from other cam models for grad school paper

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2018
Hey there! I have been camming since July on chaturbate and since August on CMD. I am also a full-time graduate student and I am currently doing research for a paper on a community of my choice of which I am a part of. I have been surprised at the level of support and comradery that takes place between cam models on all sites- super supportive and uplifting without a vibe of competition or jealousy. Because of my pleasant experience with that, I have decided to try to dive deeper into the community to outline more of what the community is about for a 7 page paper for my master's in clinical social work program. I plan to become a licensed clinician and run a private practice for sex therapy in 3-5 years. I am interested in getting more information from my fellow models about how various outside systems affect their individual and community experience. For example:

How do these kinds of systems interact (good and bad) with you as a cam model and with the cam model community as a whole?

Education
Employment
Recreation
Informal Supports
Government
Social Services
Health Services
Faith Institutions
Police & Judiciary

OR...

What are the:

Strengths
Weaknesses
Opportunities
Threats

to cam models and the cam model community?

Also, any leads to find more information on the history and development of the cam world, as well as current events, political/legal influences on the community would be greatly appreciated.

My ultimate goal is to continue to strive for sex workers rights by educating and normalizing sex work through higher academia, mental health care, politics and policy!

Do you have anything I could read (like your work) and links to your twitter/CB/ETC for all I know you are a guy or someone who could write negative stuff which I would not want. Since you are not in MO & have 0 links I can't check this out for myself. So proof/validation would be awesome.

I am not sure exactly how else to verify who I am. You could message me via one of those links and I could reply that I know about this forum. I am not using my real name btw.

Do you have anything I could read (like your work) and links to your twitter/CB/ETC for all I know you are a guy or someone who could write negative stuff which I would not want. Since you are not in MO & have 0 links I can't check this out for myself. So proof/validation would be awesome.
my CMD profile:https://www.cammodeldirectory.com/model/holly-larsen
I havent used chaturbate since I found CMD and I dont know how to use the website well, but I am on there under HollyLarsen
Twitter is @hollylarsen94
email: hollylarsen1994@gmail.com
instagram (private) hollylarsen94

I feel like as a grad student you should know what a double blind study is, especially because it seems like your field is psychology.
I learned about double-blind studies in high school science. Maybe middle school, idk. I graduated in 2007, it's starting to blur together.

Reactions: itsfaye
I feel like as a grad student you should know what a double blind study is, especially because it seems like your field is psychology.
She’s in social work. Similar field but social workers don’t run experiments and a lot of their classes (at least here) are counselling/sociology based and not conducting research.

Why would you use a double-blind study for this...? And, in fact, how? You’re not controlling for a variable. She’s asking for people to share their experiences (which will always be subjective, in any kind of study). Is there a variable here I’m missing that she needs to blind for? Qualitative research is also a thing.

Tbh for me I’d say the downfall of the majority of sex work university research is “hey friends, let’s dispel stigma by talking about how empowering sex work is” where they lead the answer rather than getting responses and seeing if that’s what the community is saying. It seem this has a similar end goal but at least she’s asking for good AND bad. I still wouldn’t participate because the questions are too broad and not focused, but at least there’s an opportunity to approach it from your own perspective. (That said, nobody would participate if they took the other side of that opinion, haha, which is fair.)

Status
Not open for further replies.