AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New MFC Profiles - BETA available now

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always_Tim said:
I'm hoping they've improved the selection of HTML tags that you're allowed to use. It always seemed pretty arbitrary (for example, allowing <strong> but not <em>) but it sounds like they might have actually gone backwards on this, if things like <br> no longer work. I'll have to look into that. (So far I've just been messing with CSS, to port my old style to the new page layout.)
the BR tag still works, and you still have to use it - at least from what I've noticed.

Reactions: Tilly
Found another gallery-related bug, and this one is more serious than the "not hiding divs properly" bug that I'd encountered before.

It seems that in some cases the password-protected galleries don't show a lock icon but instead show a thumbnail of one of the photos in the gallery!

I think this happens for profiles which haven't yet been upgraded to the new format, as all the profiles I checked for people I know to have switched are working fine. It would be good if some who haven't yet upgraded to the beta profile checked to see if this happens to them, and then upgrade and see if it fixes it. I didn't notice this until after I upgraded my own profile, so I can't test it myself.

Yes, I have reported this bug (and the other one) to MFC, and hopefully they understand how important this is and fix it soon. Even if it's just a thumbnail, many models obviously won't want their password-protected galleries displaying content to people who haven't paid for it.

Reactions: KayleePond
Always_Tim said:
Found another gallery-related bug, and this one is more serious than the "not hiding divs properly" bug that I'd encountered before.

It seems that in some cases the password-protected galleries don't show a lock icon but instead show a thumbnail of one of the photos in the gallery!

I think this happens for profiles which haven't yet been upgraded to the new format, as all the profiles I checked for people I know to have switched are working fine. It would be good if some who haven't yet upgraded to the beta profile checked to see if this happens to them, and then upgrade and see if it fixes it. I didn't notice this until after I upgraded my own profile, so I can't test it myself.

Yes, I have reported this bug (and the other one) to MFC, and hopefully they understand how important this is and fix it soon. Even if it's just a thumbnail, many models obviously won't want their password-protected galleries displaying content to people who haven't paid for it.

Right you are. This is profiles-beta version of a profile that has not been touched:
br1NerW.jpg

Reactions: LadyLuna
Always_Tim said:

It looks like MFC has fixed this now. (I checked a few models whose profiles were exhibiting the problem earlier, and they're properly showing the lock image now.)

OK, I have confirmation from MFC that the both the gallery bugs I found were fixed. Just checked my MFC mail and this was waiting for me:

Hi Always_Tim,

The gallery display bug and the lock icon bug should both be fixed now. Thank you for reporting those two issues and the rest of your feedback!

They're fixing bugs quite fast! So be sure to use that feedback link if you find any problems. :)

EvePhoenix said:
Wow, right now, the site with probably one of the highest incomes ever looks like it was made in 1996 but in this great Beta it totally looks like it was made in 1997!
Great progress! I guess?

I love this post so much. Couldn't agree more!

EvePhoenix said:
Wow, right now, the site with probably one of the highest incomes ever looks like it was made in 1996 but in this great Beta it totally looks like it was made in 1997!
Great progress! I guess?

I agree it looks awful.

But at least now the HTML is half decent, so it's a lot easier to write CSS to improve it.

Is anyone else having problems with a the new editor? I updated my profile as usual and for some reason one image just won't show up. All I did was literally edit the direct link for two pictures but for some reason only one shows up now, the other is completely missing.

SexyStephXS said:
djex_x said:
What kind of picture?
design? gallery, avatar, main, recent?

A graphic on my page.

I haven't actually edited my profile at all now that this is in effect for this very reason... I found a lot of weird flaws in my HTML when I previewed my profile with the new system. Things that aren't actually flaws because they always worked perfectly before. It's going to be a chore for me to figure out why some stuff is being wonky now. I hope this gets resolved soon, for you, and all of us!

Reactions: SexySteph
Tea420 said:
I haven't actually edited my profile at all now that this is in effect for this very reason... I found a lot of weird flaws in my HTML when I previewed my profile with the new system. Things that aren't actually flaws because they always worked perfectly before. It's going to be a chore for me to figure out why some stuff is being wonky now. I hope this gets resolved soon, for you, and all of us!

i can help you here, if you have problem

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=14720

solving the problems I will more easily understand the layout MFC :mrgreen:

Tea420 said:
SexyStephXS said:
djex_x said:
What kind of picture?
design? gallery, avatar, main, recent?

A graphic on my page.

Tea,

When I was playing with my old profile before I cleared it out, I found the beta convertor messed stuff up, but when I just copied my css and pasted it in the new profiles it worked just fine. That may have been the problem with yours too.

Now I'm just trying to redo mine completely, I want a completely different look by the time I start camming again.

Stephy,

Sounds like you are missing a character in your code or something that you are just missing. Unless the image is hosted somewhere odd, I got that problem once with my old background.

Status
Not open for further replies.