AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Model Tag

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2022
As a member, I'm intrigued by the impact of the new model tag. I know two models in the same studio. One currently has the new model tag and is getting 150+ people in her room. The other no longer has the new model tag and has about 6 in her room. Both models are similar and would presumably appeal to the same audience.

Does the new model tag really have that big an impact? Do viewer numbers drop off a cliff when it ends?

You can get significantly more viewers as you are given additional visibility, but there can be quite a lot of variability. The impact is not as big as you may think though, as although models might get more viewership there is a certain audience that these rooms attract that I would say is of lower quality than your average room.

Upvote 0
Part of it could be that CB has a page/section just for models with the “New” status and icon. Making it super easy for members to see the only the new models, all in one place.

I think the green icon is also probably more impactful that we might realize, as a visual cue to members.

Upvote 0
Does the new model tag really have that big an impact? Do viewer numbers drop off a cliff when it ends?
I think its more that the models visibility drops off a cliff. That's why SC tells you to really focus building your fan base and followers during that time... so when that new tag goes away, it's not just the model and some broke randos in the room

Upvote 0
Having the 'new' tag also seems to attract folk who seek out less-experienced models in the hope that they can manipulate them, so it's not all beneficial traffic.
But from my own observations (fwiw) there's a novelty aspect of searching the 'new' rooms, it's always nice to meet a new broadcaster that really appeals; and on several occasions I've run across a familiar model who either moved across from another site, had been on a break from work, or similar absence.

Upvote 0
I avoid new model rooms, there is so much TOS breaking and encouragement of TOS breaking that it makes my head explode in an "I'm a model with experience, don't be stupid!!" kind of way.

That said, when there were only four pages of models on the site -- the entire site that is, losing the new tag hurt a lot less than it does now but I think everyone settles into their niche and while a model may only have 10 people in her room she can still make 10,000 tokens in a day if it goes well. A lot of guys come in off the main pages looking for a quieter experience and while you may not see the list of names come and go in either room (and honestly she may not either since they're studio models), we can. It's a lot more active than you think, the conversion is...different.

Upvote 0
I avoid new model rooms, there is so much TOS breaking and encouragement of TOS breaking that it makes my head explode in an "I'm a model with experience, don't be stupid!!" kind of way.

That said, when there were only four pages of models on the site -- the entire site that is, losing the new tag hurt a lot less than it does now but I think everyone settles into their niche and while a model may only have 10 people in her room she can still make 10,000 tokens in a day if it goes well. A lot of guys come in off the main pages looking for a quieter experience and while you may not see the list of names come and go in either room (and honestly she may not either since they're studio models), we can. It's a lot more active than you think, the conversion is...different.
The model with the 150 viewers is the model I've been visiting for nearly a year and a half now. She's obviously delighted with the token attention in this initial period but she's finding the pace quite difficult having previously worked private sites. I think she only has one day left of the new tag so we'll see what happens. At times this past week she's looked a bit scared and lost. She's sort of used me as an anchor for conversation in the room because pretty much none of these guys say anything which is a whole new experience for her as she is more of a social then go private kind of girl than a public show model. Personally I've found it fascinating but stressful to watch her try to keep up. I think a drop to a more manageable number of viewers will be welcomed by her.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.