AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New to Chaturbate!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetSamara

Cam Model
Jan 16, 2015
AZ
Twitter Username
@SamaraMoon__
Tumblr Username
lunarmunchkinqueen
MFC Username
SamaraMoon
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/464209/SamaraMoon/
So I am new to camming on chaturbate. I currently broadcasting as I type this. I've been on for about an hour and barely anyone has come in my room. I'm not sure if I've even sure if my cam and mic are working properly. Or maybe I'm lagging idk. But I was expected a lot more traffic because I thought I'd have a new model tag of some sort. But that doesn't seem to be the case. So I am in need of some help or advise on what I am doing wrong or what? Please help! I had high hope for chaturbate!

• Hugs
Reactions: SammySammy
Here is why you are annoying.

There is Chaturbate support. There are models. A model has a problem she writes to support. We have a professional relationship. It is very straight forward, really.

Then there is you. A nobody. You aren't a model. You aren't support. Yet here you are butting in every comment and every discussion or disagreement between models and support, trying to be some sort of middle man nobody wanted. Stop.

@roydz and I been around long enough to know how to solve a lot of the common problems and issues that can be found on CB. You're right that we are not CB support, and have never claimed to be affiliated with them in any way, shape or form. As I'm sure you know, support can take a long time to respond and give a very convoluted response. Thats where we come in to try to help someone so that they don't have to wait for an answer. And it's perfectly fine if you don't like that we do what we do, but just because you don't like it doesn't mean we are going to stop helping people.

Upvote 0
Wowowow so much drama for nothing here!! I think that if OP posted on this forum, it's because she wanted some help from fellow cammers or anyone who would have potentiel advice/answers. So anyone is allowed to answer, not only 'official Chaturbate support employees'....also at the beginning of the thread YOU tried to find out what was wrong with OP's show and were super rude about it, so maybe you should take your own advice and leave this thread. o_O

Anyway, thank you @Smores for these ideas! I don't have the 'new' tag anymore and I'm still looking for ways to increase the number of viewers during my show! Like the model you mentioned, I'm pretty shy so it's not easy huhu!

Upvote 0
Wowowow so much drama for nothing here!! I think that if OP posted on this forum, it's because she wanted some help from fellow cammers or anyone who would have potentiel advice/answers. So anyone is allowed to answer, not only 'official Chaturbate support employees'....also at the beginning of the thread YOU tried to find out what was wrong with OP's show and were super rude about it, so maybe you should take your own advice and leave this thread. o_O

I don't mind this self appointed middle man answering questions for you or anyone else, I just don't want him interacting with me here or anywhere else. I have asked him 3 times already and he keeps mentioning me. As of your opinion, I couldn't care less what you think of me. I have been on these forums for years and owe you no explanation.

Reactions: Gen and Emberblaze
Upvote 0
@SweetSamara, was your issue ever resolved? Did the secret CB glitch keep you from users or was it sommin' else? btw, I'm in a situation like yours. You seem to have much more experience than I do, but I'm also back (almost) at CB after taking a year off from broadcasting. Starting fresh! Creeped around your CB bio (hope that's okay)...it looks really good, Good luck!

Upvote 0
The mentioned glitch can be easily reproduced. Open any room (your own from your broadcaster screen or any other room), then open the same room in another browser tab. You get kicked out of the room in the first browser tab, close the second browser tab, you continue to see the video stream in the first one but you are not in the chat room anymore, because you kicked yourself out. I once did this because I wanted to see what my stream looks like from a member perspective. This kick can also happen, when you leave cam off for really long and somehow cb lost connection.

If you wanna see what your stream looks like, you need to do this in a second browser and you cannot be logged in with your account there.

When you as a broadcaster see a chat room that is absolutely not moving at all and you are constantly the only user in the room (not even anonymous viewers), hit F5 to fix it.

To the op, just a wild guess but a common mistake is indeed missing the "new" promo period by making the account, age verifying it and start broadcasting more than a week after age verification. Or not camming enough at first. On cb there is never a punishment for broadcasting long unlike mfc for example. When you start make your broadcasts as long as possible without breaks. You need to take a break, put a sign in front of your cam "brb" but leave cam on. When I was "new" I cammed for mimimum eight hours straight every day. There were of course times when my room was pretty empty, happens to every one but be patient and good things will come. Like @mila pointed out, the first hour is mostly building the room even for seasoned models. I don't remember exactly anymore but I think it took three hours of broadcast when I was new until my room gained momentum but I've seen "new" rooms with barely any viewers and then like magic after hours it took off.

@SweetSamara is your user name on cb the same as on myfreecams? You have 12 followers on cb. I do not want to sound harsh but that is not enough at all. Make a new account, start over. With this account I'm afraid it's a too frustrating task to gain traction.

Upvote 0
There is a site that keeps track of your online time. It shows you were online with your cb account for just 40 minutes. Not enough at all, especially since in these 40 minutes you made this thread here and the one snapshot this site made shows you playing with your phone...

40 minutes will never be enough to broadcast on cb, doesn't matter if you're new or not. If circumstances make it impossible to broadcast for some hours straight I'm afraid cb will not be your site.

Reactions: Mila_ and Smores
Upvote 0
There is a site that keeps track of your online time. It shows you were online with your cb account for just 40 minutes. Not enough at all, especially since in these 40 minutes you made this thread here and the one snapshot this site made shows you playing with your phone...

40 minutes will never be enough to broadcast on cb, doesn't matter if you're new or not. If circumstances make it impossible to broadcast for some hours straight I'm afraid cb will not be your site.

Could you link me to that site (it’s not Mycamgirl right?)

Upvote 0
That is def a room glitch, when that happens you have to refresh your room to go into the room with the 6 that are there ;) Some users don't bother looking at the userlist when this happens and think that you'll automatically talk to them when they enter your room.

Its only regulars to CB that know about the room split glitch. CB was supposed to of fixed that glitch but it still happens now and again.

BTW.. what @Mila_ just suggested to make a new account to get the 'NEW' tag wont help as once you are verified on CB, the 'NEW' tag will only last for so long. As you're already verified on the system, you won't appear on the site as a New model any longer. Just stick with the account you have and keep at it :)

Its hard work, but the hard work does pay off ;)

Yea it definitely seemed like some weird glitch out of my control. If only I would of known to refresh. But now I know. I don't see the point in making a new account.

Reactions: roydz
Upvote 0
Here is why you are annoying.

There is Chaturbate support. There are models. A model has a problem she writes to support. We have a professional relationship. It is very straight forward, really.

Then there is you. A nobody. You aren't a model. You aren't support. Yet here you are butting in every comment and every discussion or disagreement between models and support, trying to be some sort of middle man nobody wanted. Stop.

what this guy has said about this situation was helpful for me. So if you could do me a favor and keep whatever beef you have with him else where. I'd appreciate that!

Upvote 0
Theres not really a thread regarding this glitch, but its well known within the CB community. Its been going on for at least a year if not 2.

The glitch happens very randomly, but the way to duplicate it is go into a models room and wait for them to go offline, you then just stay in that room until the model returns a few hours later and when the model returns CB makes a brand new chat room for the model. This will then make 2 chat rooms for 1 model.

Other times CB will make 2 chat rooms for one model by mistake as its within the coding of the site but only 1 will have the users talking away to the model, but the 2nd one will only have the model in their room on their own. The model may notice it when they look at the userlist as it'll switch between 2 numbers. 1 & the true number of users in the room, when this happens the model needs to refresh their room to join the correct chat room that CB has made.

Hope this explains it.

BTW @Mila_ I apologise getting your comment wrong regarding another account, I don't mean to sound annoying. I just try and help where I can. If you believe this is annoying I'm sorry.

Well this make sense and sounds like exactly what was happening to me

Reactions: roydz
Upvote 0
Hello, Everyone! Just passed our first week on chaturbate (couple) and we enjoy doing some kinky things. We are curious if any chaturbate models have actually been flagged for things like fisting ? I know in the terms and conditions it says its not allowed and things like smoking weed but how often if ever are people banned for this and if so is it like a automatic hard ban or like your account is suspended for a few days. Do your tokens become forfeit ? We know that the more anatomically correct bad dragon toys are not allowed but toy models like Crackers are. Just looking for input from other Chaturbaters!

Upvote 0
Hello, Everyone! Just passed our first week on chaturbate (couple) and we enjoy doing some kinky things. We are curious if any chaturbate models have actually been flagged for things like fisting ? I know in the terms and conditions it says its not allowed and things like smoking weed but how often if ever are people banned for this and if so is it like a automatic hard ban or like your account is suspended for a few days. Do your tokens become forfeit ? We know that the more anatomically correct bad dragon toys are not allowed but toy models like Crackers are. Just looking for input from other Chaturbaters!
If it is against the TOS, please assume that it will be a bannable offense.

Reactions: punker barbie
Upvote 0

Fisting is absolutely against tos... I love being fisted and we never ever do it on cam. Once we were flagged for fisting and they stopped our stream immediately and kicked everyone out of our room. We had to respond saying we were using only four fingers.. it is not worth it to do anything that seems like it would be against tos in my opinion

There are also size limits...nothing longer than 12 inches or wider than a coke can which is 3.5 inches...

Sometimes you will see other models clearly breaking the rules... I am not sure if its because they dont care and no one reports them OR they have permission from CB

I have written and asked for permission to fist and use larger toys and have been told no.

keep in mind CB records everything so even if you do not get in trouble immediately you may get into trouble at another date, and CB is usually a ban now dont ask question platform

Upvote 0
I am not sure if its because they dont care and no one reports them OR they have permission from CB
Nobody will ever be granted permission from CB to do something that is against the TOS. If you see someone fisting or using an animal dildo, it is because they either think that they can get away with it or blatantly don't care about the rules.

Upvote 0
Nobody will ever be granted permission from CB to do something that is against the TOS. If you see someone fisting or using an animal dildo, it is because they either think that they can get away with it or blatantly don't care about the rules.

In the TOS it states something about writing for permission to use thing not generally allowed, like larger toys or fucking machines, so I just thought that some models had permission

Upvote 0
I wrote to them about fisting and got a no on that front. I also asked about bondage and restraints and tying up my partner and we were given the go ahead but to just make sure that viewers are aware that everyone is consenting and having a fun time. I’m sure we will get reported at some point and have to appeal but we will update our bio to make it clear the things we are into.

Upvote 0
I wrote to them about fisting and got a no on that front. I also asked about bondage and restraints and tying up my partner and we were given the go ahead but to just make sure that viewers are aware that everyone is consenting and having a fun time. I’m sure we will get reported at some point and have to appeal but we will update our bio to make it clear the things we are into.

We've done full bondage too <here's a pic, this was on stream> and as you get more regular viewers they will already know what you like

Attachments

• 37328001_10156918843104245_573064343705354240_n.png
    37328001_10156918843104245_573064343705354240_n.png
    202.8 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0
I did all of this. Trust me as I said before I am not knew to this. I used the same internet I have always used to cam and it's never been a problem. Every thing seemed fine. My sound was picking up and my light was decent. I don't have high quality lighting equipment so I have to work with what I have which is a bunch of lamps with daylight bulbs.
And being entertaining is so subjective. Like tell me what your definition of "being entertaining" is. I'm just curious what you have in mind. Cause to be honest I am not the most entertaining person in the world. I'm super introverted. And I was very nervous yesterday to come back to cam. I didn't really know what to do with myself especially when there's no one talking or tipping for anything.

I'm gonna just open the elephant in this chat.

New models need work HARD to get viewers, tokens and followers!
It often require go naked in public chat ( to be noticed ).
Most girls with 160k followers or more have done this before.
But now they can do it a little different as they have fans, and followers and regulars.

Use 1 or more sex toys, talk to viewers, just not ask for tips. ( don't get seen as a beggar).
Stick it out 1 week and I'm sure it change to the better.

Good luck ;)

Upvote 0

But now they can do it a little different as they have fans, and followers and regulars.

Use 1 or more sex toys, talk to viewers, just not ask for tips. ( don't get seen as a beggar).

Good luck ;)

One of my favorite models is gorgeous, frequently sexual, and has really amazing and interesting sexuality. And she often has only 10 viewers in her room.

Another of my favorite models is gorgeous, but most often is fully clothed, and most of her sexuality on CB is faked (I know her very well). And she has never fewer than 50 viewers, and when she dances in her underwear she frequently goes over 300 viewers. When she dances in her underwear and also starts to verbally interact with viewers her room counts start to go over 500. If she would ever stay online for more than a few hours, she would be in the 1000+ club.

So the bottom line is I do not think "get naked and use toys" is great advice. The first girl I described has amazing orgasms on camera, and her sexuality is 100% real. Yet she is starving for viewers. The second girl has largely faked much of her sexuality and rarely gets naked, yet she is doing well by the standards of a non-English-speaking model.

Models need to think about performances as more along the lines of what do viewers find captivating, and what makes them want to stay around to get more. People are easily bored, and anything you give them for free they will take for free and not return back to you any tips. Finding what they can do that is captivating will be different for different models.

Upvote 0
One of my favorite models is gorgeous, frequently sexual, and has really amazing and interesting sexuality. And she often has only 10 viewers in her room.

Another of my favorite models is gorgeous, but most often is fully clothed, and most of her sexuality on CB is faked (I know her very well). And she has never fewer than 50 viewers, and when she dances in her underwear she frequently goes over 300 viewers. When she dances in her underwear and also starts to verbally interact with viewers her room counts start to go over 500. If she would ever stay online for more than a few hours, she would be in the 1000+ club.

So the bottom line is I do not think "get naked and use toys" is great advice. The first girl I described has amazing orgasms on camera, and her sexuality is 100% real. Yet she is starving for viewers. The second girl has largely faked much of her sexuality and rarely gets naked, yet she is doing well by the standards of a non-English-speaking model.

Models need to think about performances as more along the lines of what do viewers find captivating, and what makes them want to stay around to get more. People are easily bored, and anything you give them for free they will take for free and not return back to you any tips. Finding what they can do that is captivating will be different for different models.

When a guy go on cb, and look at the front page. Do you tho k he go for rooms with models fully clothed?
Or naked?

Please tell ;)

• Wat?!
Reactions: Lunasha
Upvote 0
When a guy go on cb, and look at the front page. Do you tho k he go for rooms with models fully clothed?
Or naked?

Please tell ;)

The object for a model is to make money, not to have 10K freeloaders in her room. The women who do ultra-explicit 24x7 sex shows are often in rooms with just a few tippers, and the tipping is much lower on a per-viewer basis.

I think the best money is made by models who do performances that are interesting enough to keep the viewer hoping for more, but who then develop relationships with viewers so that the viewers want to keep coming back again and again as part of that relationship. Some of those models get explicit in public, but a surprising number do not.

I see an enormous number of models who get extremely explicit in their shows and fail to convert that to tips. Therefore it is not sufficient advice to just tell a model to get naked and sexual. There are much more subtle psychological interactions going on that this advice ignores.

Upvote 0
The object for a model is to make money, not to have 10K freeloaders in her room. The women who do ultra-explicit 24x7 sex shows are often in rooms with just a few tippers, and the tipping is much lower on a per-viewer basis.

I think the best money is made by models who do performances that are interesting enough to keep the viewer hoping for more, but who then develop relationships with viewers so that the viewers want to keep coming back again and again as part of that relationship. Some of those models get explicit in public, but a surprising number do not.

I see an enormous number of models who get extremely explicit in their shows and fail to convert that to tips. Therefore it is not sufficient advice to just tell a model to get naked and sexual. There are much more subtle psychological interactions going on that this advice ignores.

When a new model ask it's a reply.
It's called marketing!
You do marketing for your self as a cam model.
To get viewers, followers, tippers you need be active as well as interesting.
If you can't catch people's interest quick they will go to other rooms / models and tip them and NOT you.
I see the top girls understand this and actually do it!
It work!

But if you not want much money, than do it different. Use time and earn less.

Upvote 0
To get viewers, followers, tippers you need be active as well as interesting.
If you can't catch people's interest quick they will go to other rooms / models and tip them and NOT you.
I see the top girls understand this and actually do it!
It work!

You completely changed your advice. Your first post said "It often require go naked in public chat ( to be noticed )." Now you morphed that into "be active as well as interesting."

I think anyone would agree with the advice to be active as well as interesting. Some of the models who succeed in doing that run explicit shows. Some of the models who succeed in doing that never take much clothes off in public. Therefore: being active and interesting is not a function of being naked.

Just giving a model blind advice to "go naked in public chat" is not a formula for being active as well as interesting. "Go naked in public chat" is exactly what 99% of all men on CB want, because 99% of the men on CB never tip the models they watch one penny. Therefore, good advice to the model will focus on how to extract money from the 1%, and not on how to attract massive numbers of men who are in the freeloading 99%.

Reactions: Osyrus and Lunasha
Upvote 0
You completely changed your advice. Your first post said "It often require go naked in public chat ( to be noticed )." Now you morphed that into "be active as well as interesting."

I think anyone would agree with the advice to be active as well as interesting. Some of the models who succeed in doing that run explicit shows. Some of the models who succeed in doing that never take much clothes off in public. Therefore: being active and interesting is not a function of being naked.

Just giving a model blind advice to "go naked in public chat" is not a formula for being active as well as interesting. "Go naked in public chat" is exactly what 99% of all men on CB want, because 99% of the men on CB never tip the models they watch one penny.

I don't know what room your in?
But the rooms I'm in a fair share over 1% tip!
CB is an adult page ( meaning chat masturbate = chaturbate ).

Some models succeed with non nude stuff. But most models do nude!

If a new model want to succeed, and learn. Why try the hardest way?

There isn't a golden recepie to succeed as a cam model!
Because it depends on your personality as well.
But out of the roads u can choose, most pick the one easy enough to do.

And it's a fact, that the models ( mostly girls ) that is top 10 on CB rank. Did nude in public when new to build up the room in terms of followers, viewers, fans, regulars.

So the advice is the same, but it's also not the final recepie. It's what it is, an advice. 1 way to go about it.

Upvote 0
I don't know what room your in?
But the rooms I'm in a fair share over 1% tip!

Just for kicks I ran some numbers with data I have. Less than 3% of the users accounted for 90% of the tips. Less than 1% of the users accounted for 70% of the tips. So, that's putting some detail on it, but the point is that very few people on these systems make up almost all of the model's income from tipping and privates.

On your other points I think it would be better if experienced models gave their opinion on the issue. It's personally just a pet peeve when a new model comes on the site, goes all out on sexual performance, and ends up with very small numbers of viewers and tippers. I see this happen with girls who are drop-dead gorgeous so it is not about attractiveness alone. Then the grey users come into their rooms and start up an abusive relationship with them trying to get them to do more and more sexual things, all for free, using exactly the logic you are using in your posts. And they end up giving away all their sexual value, for free.

Sexual performance is a tool among many tools, and you should use it carefully and selectively to test different strategies until you find one that pays you money.

Upvote 0
Just for kicks I ran some numbers with data I have. Less than 3% of the users accounted for 90% of the tips. Less than 1% of the users accounted for 70% of the tips. So, that's putting some detail on it, but the point is that very few people on these systems make up almost all of the model's income from tipping and privates.

On your other points I think it would be better if experienced models gave their opinion on the issue. It's personally just a pet peeve when a new model comes on the site, goes all out on sexual performance, and ends up with very small numbers of viewers and tippers. I see this happen with girls who are drop-dead gorgeous so it is not about attractiveness alone. Then the grey users come into their rooms and start up an abusive relationship with them trying to get them to do more and more sexual things, all for free, using exactly the logic you are using in your posts. And they end up giving away all their sexual value, for free.

Sexual performance is a tool among many tools, and you should use it carefully and selectively to test different strategies until you find one that pays you money.

I see your point.
But not agree with all your reasoning ( not saying your wrong ).
But as a new model you do make little first 1-3 months.
Because it does take time to gain followers, fans, and tippers.
With more and more models on CB and MFC and other sites, you need as new become interesting.
This to get viewers in your room.
There are many ways that leads to Rome, new models need choose their path to get there.
This is just a forum, not Wikipedia where the one and ONLY recepie for success is.

They need find their own way.

But nudity and sex, is a way to promote / marketing your room to get followers and tippers. And many many models ( top, middle and bottom ). Have done it and still do it.

I'm not a weird perv freak! But I wrote based on my experience and on my observations as mod on CB for nearly 5 years!

Upvote 0

Good luck ;)

yes I know all of this. I started camming in 2015. I'm not new at this. But I am pretty unfamiliar with chaturbate and I knew there was something more going on. Like the glitch that we have established I was experiencing. I had no clue why it was happening or how to fix it. Which is why I reached out to people here. The point of my post wasn't to get advise as a new model. Because I'm not a new model. I am just new to camming on chaturbate. All I wanted to find out is if there was something glitchy going on which there was. And thats all I needed to know.

Reactions: Lunasha
Upvote 0
If you are not comfortable getting naked or using toys... DON'T.
DO NOT do anything you are NOT 100 percent comfortable with. YOUR body, YOUR rules, YOUR comfort zone
yes I know all of this. I started camming in 2015. I'm not new at this. But I am pretty unfamiliar with chaturbate and I knew there was something more going on. Like the glitch that we have established I was experiencing. I had no clue why it was happening or how to fix it. Which is why I reached out to people here. The point of my post wasn't to get advise as a new model. Because I'm not a new model. I am just new to camming on chaturbate. All I wanted to find out is if there was something glitchy going on which there was. And thats all I needed to know.

Have things been getting better for you?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.