AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New to MFC but not to camming - what I've learnt

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2018
Hi everyone! I've been a lurker on here the last few months as was considering which of the sites would be best for me to try, I found your opinions really valuable so thank you first of all for this forum, its a wonderful resource.
Just a little about me, I am from London, slightly older, mid 30s, have some years camming experience but the previous site I was on which was UK based is having problems with traffic slowing down so I thought rather than wait for change I would pull my socks up and hunt for a new playing ground.
My first main issue with MFC was how technical it was, hats off to you all with these bad ass professional looking profiles and all the gizmos and gadgets you add, I find it over whelming to think of how much investment and time that must have taken. Mine currently looks like something from the 1980's designed on the Amstrad CPC464 (that was the first personal home computer built by Amstrad in 1984- incase you wondered what I am on about lol) - I was wondering if anyone knew of a good reputable person or company who I could pay to design or help with personal development of mine?
MFC is a totally new way for me to be working, I have never worked on a freeview site, and because of how exposed I feel I have geoblocked the UK, this has made time differences an issue but I am finding my feet and getting to grips with it....

My first few days were not too shabby, but as expected it has been up and down the consecutive weeks. I have began investing in a new HD cam, lighting, so slowly things are coming together. The translation of tokens to Pound sterling is a drag but just to help any of my British Cammers I have made up a chart of tokens to Pound sterling if anyone wants it - please message me. I have it popped up behind my cam so I dont make the school boy error I did on my first day (thinking one token is £1) haha.
There are a few things that are bothering me, I thought I would share as wanted to know how common these things are on the sire.

First of all I am getting really irritated by models coming into my room and without being asked to start messaging me a running commentary on my show and how to improve it etc, I'm sure they think they are being helpful but its not the time and place when I am online, so I am having to keep spelling it out that I am not new to camming just to MFC - it is becoming old.
I have noticed that some of the people doing this are men posing at models on their 'other' accounts or their 'partners' account, the amount of scamming just blows my mind.
Then the ones that are targeting my new regs I have made, they are telling me they are getting PMs off girls after I am being tipped by them, that just makes me feel sad that other cam girls are targeting newbies, without it being hard enough for us to work our way up the rankings they are coming in and doing that. Biggest let down for me so far, so I have had to ban other models from my room, which is a shame as I was keen to have an open door policy.

I really get the feels that sadly when you are new you are very vulnerable to these absolute soul rammers that are at the ready to pounce on you in an attempt to exploit, troll or free load your newness. I have had premiums come in my room and being badly mannered, and when I kick them out I get messages like "no wonder your room is empty" - "you need a nose job" "You are too old for this" blah blah blah.. Being new is TOUGH on MFC but I am noticing that noise has started to slow down now I am approaching my forth week, I'm made of strong stuff and am dominant, so I can deal with it, but I would be lying if I didnt say some days I had come away feeling drained. Many have mentioned on here that MFC is not an easy feast for a newbie to camming and I would agree, mainly for the reason I have stated above..

On the plus side, I have noticed alot of newbies on here comparing themselves with top girls or wondering how to improve. One thing I have personally experienced is this. My room has never exceeded a count of over 45 yet, I average at 15-20, some nights only 5 or 6 people in it. Now you would think that is pretty pants, as of today I have 15 followers on my twitter LOL (can any of you please follow me haha). But I can make 1000 tks per hour even at that low level, so dont be too disheartened by having a quiet room.
I am glad to be earning anything if I am honest as I was unsure how the site would work for an older woman.
Sometimes I can be quite short with non tippers sitting in my audience, but as a dom I am naturally assertive and have the attitude that if you are going to come into my room, every evening, and sit there the full shift, not contributing in anyway then you are out the door on your third day, they are a welcomed guest or audience member but with no purchase of tickets for their entertainment there will be no show. I charge 50 tokens for a lurkers ticket and if that isnt respected that its out the door. Now I know that some of you will find that or me rude for doing that, but I would rather quality over quantity. I don't want to be sitting in my room performing all the time - when in reality I am thinking about how much I hate doing it/them. So I have to set firm boundaries when I cam. I noticed that alot of members were leaving my room and spending tokens else where and then returning to mine to just sit and freeload and have me on as some kind of back ground noise. grrrrr.

I have had a few shifts where I have come online and just not had the get up and go to entertain anyone, so I just leave pretty quickly as I know my attitude is out and I know my cam score will nose dive. My cam score is only around 1400 and it drives me mad that unlike the other site I worked on I cant pay for positioning of my profile. I used to spend about £1.5 an hour to have my profile on the top few rows and I dont even need to tell you how that made my business grow. I wish MFC was more friendly to newbies like that, it would be great if say for your first month you had an option of spending tokens on positioning, this would be a great incentive.
If anyone can offer advice on Cam scores I would love to know, as from what I am seeing from mine it seems it drops from the longer I am online with slower gaps between tipping.

Thanks for reading and nice to meet you all xxx

Reactions: Lollie Berrymilk
First of all I am getting really irritated by models coming into my room and without being asked to start messaging me a running commentary on my show and how to improve it etc,

99.9% of these are dudes pretending to be women. Even the ones with model accounts - they've started sign-up, but haven't submitted verification.

Then the ones that are targeting my new regs I have made, they are telling me they are getting PMs off girls after I am being tipped by them,

You can block models from entering your room, which is recommended because there are shady models who sit around trying to snipe other model's tippers. The only good thing about that is that it tells members who NOT to tip, because most of them are just as annoyed by this behavior as we are.

Thanks for posting your experience! I am only on Chaturbate, so can't offer you any advice, but I am glad to see that you can in fact block models and others on MFC, because that would be important to me if I were to ever try camming there in the future. I love that I on Chaturbate, I can block people who don't tip a certain amount from speaking if I want, I can easily change it back and forth, and I can block a huge range of words to discourage the type of people I don't want in my room. There are always things I hadn't even thought about, and some idiot will come along and I realize a new word I want to add, lol! Keeps my room very positive and light-hearted so far. Hopefully as I get more of a following, regulars will help to enforce a positive atmosphere, although I will never give mod responsibilities over to anyone else. I like to be in absolute control.

Girl, you are not old! I'm in my 30s too. I do look like I'm in my early 20s now, but I think women get better with age, so I look forward to engaging in something like this (who knows if camming will be a thing then!) when I'm 70s, 80s... why the hell not? There is someone for everybody. And then, you have a better chance of cornering a niche market anyway, because how many women are your competition? :) People love the MILF idea and all that anyway, so your age range is not at all a hindrance, if you choose to play that up. And come on, a woman in her 30s is still very sexually viable anyway, can still usually have kids into her 40s, and to a lot of real adult men is actually sexier because she knows her body, she has confidence, and she has experience and a brain and knows how to use them! She is more of an equal, which is hot to a lot of people. And, there are a bunch of old guys on camming sites I've found anyway, so you're still a spring chicken to them! Screw the assholes who say mean stuff about your body or your room. Remember, you are working. They on the other hand, are the kind of people who roam around the internet in the middle of the day, having nothing better to do than wank. And on top of it, they say mean shit to nice women who are total strangers to them, just to make them feel bad. So who is really the total gross loser in that scenario? It sure as hell ain't you! I try to take anything people post me with a grain of salt, whether positive or negative, because a lot of these people don't have their head on straight, and are on these sites in the first place because they are avoiding a terrible home life, have problems with mental illness or alcohol/drug addiction, or can't get a real woman to give him directions down the street in the real world. People have mostly been nice to me, but when the few disturbing comments inevitably come along, I tell myself this person is probably drunk and doesn't mean it, and won't even remember what they said tomorrow! :) That makes me feel better, because once on an internet forum I was plagued by 2 trolls, and I found out after a year both were alcoholics and all their crazy, awful posts actually WERE made while drunk! They had much worse lives than I did, so there was nothing at all for me to be intimidated by, or take seriously in the mean things they said.

You're smart and don't need my advice in that arena, but I just wanted to post some support, and hope that is a reminder not to let the dummies get you down!

I really like that you posted an experience of someone who has clear boundaries, can hold firm to themselves, fill the role that feels comfortable to them and STILL make money and have regulars, even if that person does not conform to perceived standards of the ideal cam woman, and even if she keeps a small room. That helps to know. I am doing that for myself right now, and it helps to see others like that so I know it's a thing. There is someone out there for everyone. We don't all need to try to force ourselves to conform to the same thing, the same body, the same style, the same type of show. Or the same goal money. Maybe one day in the future I will blow up and have a much bigger room and presence. But for now, it's ok that starting out I did not get the big number boost I was expecting to viewership. I did make money, and meet nice people who wanted to be regulars of mine. And they are recommending me by word of mouth to others when I'm on. I am learning though that the more I am willing to let my personality shine, to be a little vulnerable and a little quirky and different, and rely less on pressure to obsess about my physical appearance or offering the same things as other people, the better I do. Confidence is the key to attraction! If you're at ease with yourself, so are other people. And it also makes it more fun to put in your time. I figure if people don't like what I'm offering, they can fuck off and find somebody else to watch who better suits them. There are a million cam girls in the sea!

Hi everyone! I've been a lurker on here the last few months as was considering which of the sites would be best for me to try, I found your opinions really valuable so thank you first of all for this forum, its a wonderful resource.
Just a little about me, I am from London, slightly older, mid 30s, have some years camming experience but the previous site I was on which was UK based is having problems with traffic slowing down so I thought rather than wait for change I would pull my socks up and hunt for a new playing ground.
My first main issue with MFC was how technical it was, hats off to you all with these bad ass professional looking profiles and all the gizmos and gadgets you add, I find it over whelming to think of how much investment and time that must have taken. Mine currently looks like something from the 1980's designed on the Amstrad CPC464 (that was the first personal home computer built by Amstrad in 1984- incase you wondered what I am on about lol) - I was wondering if anyone knew of a good reputable person or company who I could pay to design or help with personal development of mine?
MFC is a totally new way for me to be working, I have never worked on a freeview site, and because of how exposed I feel I have geoblocked the UK, this has made time differences an issue but I am finding my feet and getting to grips with it....

My first few days were not too shabby, but as expected it has been up and down the consecutive weeks. I have began investing in a new HD cam, lighting, so slowly things are coming together. The translation of tokens to Pound sterling is a drag but just to help any of my British Cammers I have made up a chart of tokens to Pound sterling if anyone wants it - please message me. I have it popped up behind my cam so I dont make the school boy error I did on my first day (thinking one token is £1) haha.
There are a few things that are bothering me, I thought I would share as wanted to know how common these things are on the sire.

First of all I am getting really irritated by models coming into my room and without being asked to start messaging me a running commentary on my show and how to improve it etc, I'm sure they think they are being helpful but its not the time and place when I am online, so I am having to keep spelling it out that I am not new to camming just to MFC - it is becoming old.
I have noticed that some of the people doing this are men posing at models on their 'other' accounts or their 'partners' account, the amount of scamming just blows my mind.
Then the ones that are targeting my new regs I have made, they are telling me they are getting PMs off girls after I am being tipped by them, that just makes me feel sad that other cam girls are targeting newbies, without it being hard enough for us to work our way up the rankings they are coming in and doing that. Biggest let down for me so far, so I have had to ban other models from my room, which is a shame as I was keen to have an open door policy.

I really get the feels that sadly when you are new you are very vulnerable to these absolute soul rammers that are at the ready to pounce on you in an attempt to exploit, troll or free load your newness. I have had premiums come in my room and being badly mannered, and when I kick them out I get messages like "no wonder your room is empty" - "you need a nose job" "You are too old for this" blah blah blah.. Being new is TOUGH on MFC but I am noticing that noise has started to slow down now I am approaching my forth week, I'm made of strong stuff and am dominant, so I can deal with it, but I would be lying if I didnt say some days I had come away feeling drained. Many have mentioned on here that MFC is not an easy feast for a newbie to camming and I would agree, mainly for the reason I have stated above..

On the plus side, I have noticed alot of newbies on here comparing themselves with top girls or wondering how to improve. One thing I have personally experienced is this. My room has never exceeded a count of over 45 yet, I average at 15-20, some nights only 5 or 6 people in it. Now you would think that is pretty pants, as of today I have 15 followers on my twitter LOL (can any of you please follow me haha). But I can make 1000 tks per hour even at that low level, so dont be too disheartened by having a quiet room.
I am glad to be earning anything if I am honest as I was unsure how the site would work for an older woman.
Sometimes I can be quite short with non tippers sitting in my audience, but as a dom I am naturally assertive and have the attitude that if you are going to come into my room, every evening, and sit there the full shift, not contributing in anyway then you are out the door on your third day, they are a welcomed guest or audience member but with no purchase of tickets for their entertainment there will be no show. I charge 50 tokens for a lurkers ticket and if that isnt respected that its out the door. Now I know that some of you will find that or me rude for doing that, but I would rather quality over quantity. I don't want to be sitting in my room performing all the time - when in reality I am thinking about how much I hate doing it/them. So I have to set firm boundaries when I cam. I noticed that alot of members were leaving my room and spending tokens else where and then returning to mine to just sit and freeload and have me on as some kind of back ground noise. grrrrr.

I have had a few shifts where I have come online and just not had the get up and go to entertain anyone, so I just leave pretty quickly as I know my attitude is out and I know my cam score will nose dive. My cam score is only around 1400 and it drives me mad that unlike the other site I worked on I cant pay for positioning of my profile. I used to spend about £1.5 an hour to have my profile on the top few rows and I dont even need to tell you how that made my business grow. I wish MFC was more friendly to newbies like that, it would be great if say for your first month you had an option of spending tokens on positioning, this would be a great incentive.
If anyone can offer advice on Cam scores I would love to know, as from what I am seeing from mine it seems it drops from the longer I am online with slower gaps between tipping.

Thanks for reading and nice to meet you all xxx

Camscore is tokens per hour Divided by 60 days.. averaged against everyone else on the site. SO - your camscore will drop or rise as your tokens per hour 60 day average goes up or down.

As far as profile development check out my site CammodelExpress.com - we have a Profile Builder that lets you create your profile without needing to code anything. You can try it out in demo mode for 7 days free when you register, and if you need help just ask us :) If that doesn't work out for you and you want a one and done design i've seen good things from greenbrick and oathtaker. I'm not sure what they charge. There's also a really helpful profile thread here on ACF

I love that I on Chaturbate, I can block people who don't tip a certain amount from speaking if I want,

I once had it set so only people who've tipped me today could talk during a cumshow, and someone tipped 10 tokens to say hi to another viewer. Money in my pocket, plus a giggle!

• Funny!
Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
Thank you so much for your replies! I havent figured out how to like peoples replies yet, but all these were really helpful :) lots of things to take on board. MFC is such a minefield, there is a lot to learn but I can see the traffic is there and that shows promise.
xxx

I once had it set so only people who've tipped me today could talk during a cumshow, and someone tipped 10 tokens to say hi to another viewer. Money in my pocket, plus a giggle!

I know, right? I usually like grays because they provide better conversation (more to live up to since they can't impress with tips?), but sometimes they are just annoying. So when I shut it down and make people pay, it can be pretty funny what people pay just to be able to say. I had a guy who would tip just for song requests, and then when I would play what he asked, he would tip me again, a bigger amount. Then one would tip just to give me recipes every day, because he liked to cook. Then one guy tipped to tell the recipe guy to 'STFU, this isn't Food Network!' Lol. $, $, $...
Whatever floats your boat, guys....
'No, YOU STFU, she likes my food. I can say whatever I want.'
CA -
'No you can't. And your food sucks.'
- CHING! $ :)
'Play Too Legit 2 Quit!'
CA -
'I will pay you an extra 50 tokens NOT to play Too Legit 2 Quit! What is this 90s bullshit...'
-CHING! $$ :)

Extra money, and it kept me laughing all day when the room was on the busier side so there was enough traffic, even with the tip rule, to keep chat in the room. But of course I had to be nice to all of them, and act like the kindergarten referee sometimes, so I didn't act like I was playing favorites, and they still had incentive to tip again to try to win me over. Even sometimes I thought BOTH of them sounded like idiots... But if they're being nice and it's all in fun, it's all good.

So yes, moral of the story is, blocking, and using chat filters, is essential to happy camming!

• Funny!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.