AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New to Stripchat, have a few questions...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2020
So I’ve joined Stripchat... I’ve read through some topics here (and on SC’s Wiki) on the features, and I’m hoping some SC members and/or models can lend some opinions, advice or clarity on some stuff.

I’m brand new to SC. I’m all signed up, verified, I bought a bunch of tokens and signed up for the free 7-day Gold member trial for the hell of it. Otherwise, I’ve done zero browsing or tipping yet. I went in a couple of rooms just to get an initial look at the layout and features, but I haven’t really dove in yet.

My questions:

- Is Gold membership worth it in the opinions of those who have it/have tried it? I definitely will want the option to PM, but I’m on the fence about whether I’ll want the other perks. Anonymous tipping, invisible status, “knight” eligibility...what do you guys think of those features, if you use them? Worth $20 a month to keep them?

- I read something on here about tip notes being publicly viewable. Does that go for all tip notes or can I choose to only let the model see it?

- Also read some things here about models (and maybe other members too?) being able to see your token spending history and/or how many you currently have. What exactly can be seen, and by whom? And how limited is my ability to control that?

Thanks for any guidance.

My favorite chaturbate model just started on stripchat. I was wondering if the models get to keep all of money they take in for fan club subscriptions.

Yes they do. Soldier = 100 tokens for the model. Lord = 200 tokens for the model and Prince = 500 tokens for the model.

Upvote 0
Are you sure? I thought it was only 50% like the tips. (assuming a cost of .10c US to buy a token for said tips.)
You buy 100 tokens for ten dollars, but your token is only worth 5 cents as the platform take half straight away. The bigger token package you buy though, the less the platform get, as the token is always worth 5 cents to the model/studio.

Upvote 0
Yes they do. Soldier = 100 tokens for the model. Lord = 200 tokens for the model and Prince = 500 tokens for the model.

It seems like the model is only getting half of the subscription cost. The subscription price of prince is $50, but 500 tokens is only worth $25 to the model.

Upvote 0
You buy 100 tokens for ten dollars, but your token is only worth 5 cents as the platform take half straight away. The bigger token package you buy though, the less the platform get, as the token is always worth 5 cents to the model/studio.
Yes. Sorry, I was talking of the "base" rate with respect to the various fanclub levels as a loose comparison.

Upvote 0
I've noticed the picture quality on stripchat isn't as sharp as chaturbate (i've got the same model's room in two windows to compare) and wondered if this a general problem?
I did a similar test, and I didn't notice a difference in picture quality.

However SC was about a second or two behind CB. Possibly because I wasn't logged into SC.

Upvote 0
Quality for both CB and SC varies for me depending on... I dunno exactly, all I know is it can vary day to day.
For example "Monday) Model A on CB can be perfect and crisp and virtually no lag, but on that same day and time on SC she could be quite sluggish and lacking quality but either no lag or a 10, 20 or 30 second delay.
But then it happens the opposite way around too. I usually get MORE lag from CB than I do from SC though, and I have more problems from CB than SC.

The only problem I have/get and which is frustrating on SC is when I have Ultra Low Latency turned ON but then the model's camera stream keeps freezing/loading every 20 seconds, but then I turn it off and everything is perfect - except now I have a delay.

Upvote 0
So it seems like this site has more traffic than dead-ass ManyVids Live? Lol. Also I had no idea that there's an option to not do free chat.

Upvote 0
...I usually get MORE lag from CB than I do from SC though, and I have more problems from CB than SC.

Yeah, under normal circumstances far more lag on Cb. Bring up the same model who's on both sites in two tabs and you'll see how bad Cb is. It's a good 5-10 seconds behind reality usually and at times 60+ seconds.

Also agree more problems with Cb.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
What is the punishment for leaving a studio without notifying users and not logging out (been gone for over twenty minutes, never mind the two specified in the terms)?

Upvote 0
What is the punishment for leaving a studio without notifying users and not logging out (been gone for over twenty minutes, never mind the two specified in the terms)?

Not sure of the punishment but on Stropchat you can turn on "spy mode" so if you think you will be gone for more than a few minutes, if you don't want to turn off the stream, just activate "spy mode" (I think bottom left of your video stream), and then it will look as though you're in a private show and users can spy.

Upvote 0
Nah, this girl has logged out of her CB account and forgot to log out of stripchat.
I think her parents picked her up about thirty minutes ago

Upvote 0
Not sure of the punishment but on Stropchat you can turn on "spy mode" so if you think you will be gone for more than a few minutes, if you don't want to turn off the stream, just activate "spy mode" (I think bottom left of your video stream), and then it will look as though you're in a private show and users can spy.
That is interesting though. So contrary to what I've been told about chaturbate, a model can actually go into private in stripchat to entice viewers to pay for spy mode and not actually do anything. Definitely no more of money going to them then.

Upvote 0
That is interesting though. So contrary to what I've been told about chaturbate, a model can actually go into private in stripchat to entice viewers to pay for spy mode and not actually do anything. Definitely no more of money going to them then.

Users get a 10 second free spy though, so if you see the model is not there or doing anything, you just "end spying" before those 10 seconds are up and you won't have any tokens taken.

Upvote 0
Users get a 10 second free spy though, so if you see the model is not there or doing anything, you just "end spying" before those 10 seconds are up and you won't have any tokens taken.
Yeah, did that last week, but the option to get out in time was not clear. I got my tokens back for the minute I got charged though, lol!
Regardless, I personally do not think models should be able to go private themselves, as many are obviously taking the piss with the function.

Upvote 0
Yeah, did that last week, but the option to get out in time was not clear. I got my tokens back for the minute I got charged though, lol!
Regardless, I personally do not think models should be able to go private themselves, as many are obviously taking the piss with the function.
So if we don't do exactly what you want in a private we're taking a piss? Are you aware of a wide array of fetishes we might do in private, like ignore fetish for the most obvious example? Or that many models are splitcamming? Or hundreds of other reasons we might not be constantly using a bad dragon dildo while standing on our heads and twerking while in a private show (I hope that's interesting enough for you)? Just the other day I had a member physically leave the room, but not turn off the private after 2 minutes and my minimum time is 10 minutes, so I just sat there chilling. No way I'm gonna turn it off before the minimum time runs out just because some guy might cry over a few tokens he lost while spying.

Upvote 0
Honestly, I haven't spied on anyone that has been "taking the piss" by just activating the spy mode so it will lure men in and to spy and see nothing.
Most I see are doing it for real purposes, such as because they are on another site in a private show, or legitimately needing to go pee, or they are on a phone call or something.

I think you are going to wrong rooms, either actively seeking them or having a lot of very bad luck.
One thing I will say for the Spy, I do agree it's not overly obviously for the timer, you need to keep your finger on the mouse but it's clearly there in the top left to see the time. This also applies for a private show, when you move your mouse onto the video it will show the icons and timer. I am unsure how other sites do it but I know some I spy on or use for private (take CB for example) don't even have a timer, so if you're fully immersed on fullscreen mode, you have no idea how many tokens you have left or how much time - it is something that I think we need, as some privates can go so fast it feels like you have only been in it for 2 minutes but reality is that you've been there 30 minutes. This sounds like an exaggeration, but for me, I have experienced ones like this. When you have that show you are so into, time really does just fly

Upvote 0
I simply use spy mode to see if a model who doesn't reveal much in public appeals to me when she undresses in private; I don't get immersed in other people's private shows but use spy to see if I want to arrange my own.
Regardless, I have my answer. Thanks all.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
please help me, i try so hard on stripchat, but my payment still getting rejected, i don't know why, i sent alot of email on support on stripchat but no responding, iam very tired, don't know what to do. hope i can get my payment , I need my payment to living. thanks

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.