AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New with a couple questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2018
I've been researching and hoping to get started in the next week. My webcam is coming tomorrow. My plan is to start with Chaturbate for now. So, questions...

1. I may occasionally couples cam. Do people do separate accounts for themselves and when they cam with another person? If not, is your room listed under couples even when you are solo? Might not be a bad thing as there only ever seem to be 3 pages of couples vs dozen of solo female.

2. How important is a Lovense to success? I don't have one right now and am hesitant to spend the money on it before even starting. I'm hoping to make at least $50/day, and hopefully $300/week.

3. My preference is to only go as far as naked in public room and save explicitly sexual acts and penetration for group and private shows. Has anyone had success with this with all the other cammers who are doing it all in their public rooms? I may change on this later but this is where my comfort level is at right now.

4. Geoblocking and mods. If I geoblock my state, but I want my partners, who also live in my state, to mod for me, is that possible?

Thanks!

1. I cam solo and with my husband. My page is mostly about me and I switch the gender from female to couple as necessary. Both of our id is on the one account.

2. I personally don't do well with lovense... and I actually don't like the lush it falls out of my vagina unless I'm holding it...and we have the smallest hush and it's much too big for my ass... that being said I want a domi so badly. Even though it's not as popular.

3. We hang out top less and do stuff to me with tips from our menu. It's very rare my husband comes out to play... we get a lot of complaints about this. He is very shy and has anxiety. We don't make the most money but I'm not about to force him to do things he's not comfortable with...

4. I think if you geo block your partners won't even be allowed in your room let alone able to mod for you (but I'm not 100% sure...also I think they could use a VPN to get around your geo block so I think that would be an option for you)

1. My hubbie and I started with a couples account. He was actually the first to go online with a solo show. We now only use my solo room for shows and he joins me occasionally. We no longer use the couples account for shows. Even if your partner is off cam, I recommend you get them age verified on the solo room. Even if they is not part of the show - if they pop in shot to help with a scene setup or can be heard they needs to be age verified.

2. We love the lush - we actually just got the V2 prototype. A lush is not needed though. Many models have success without one / do not like it. There are number of members who 'avoid' models with the lush - it is totally optional.

3. It is *your* room, *your* rules - never feel pressured to do anything. Just have fun, you having fun is much more of a draw to tipping members than you going through the motions doing something you are not comfortable with.

4. My hubbie is my tech guy and mod. He says you can exclude your mod from region blocking - so it is possible. He actually mods while in the show room but joins via VPN because the front page / search are always region blocked and he likes to see my placement during a show.

1. My hubbie and I started with a couples account. He was actually the first to go online with a solo show. We now only use my solo room for shows and he joins me occasionally. We no longer use the couples account for shows. Even if your partner is off cam, I recommend you get them age verified on the solo room. Even if they is not part of the show - if they pop in shot to help with a scene setup or can be heard they needs to be age verified.

2. We love the lush - we actually just got the V2 prototype. A lush is not needed though. Many models have success without one / do not like it. There are number of members who 'avoid' models with the lush - it is totally optional.

3. It is *your* room, *your* rules - never feel pressured to do anything. Just have fun, you having fun is much more of a draw to tipping members than you going through the motions doing something you are not comfortable with.

4. My hubbie is my tech guy and mod. He says you can exclude your mod from region blocking - so it is possible. He actually mods while in the show room but joins via VPN because the front page / search are always region blocked and he likes to see my placement during a show.

To add to this, for #4:

If you use Chrome or Firefox you can get a free VPN called SetUp VPN. You need to make an account but that's all; it's free completely.
Or of course if you have Opera, activate the builtin VPN

Wow, thanks for all the tips!

I ordered my webcam and was all set to try it out...but my laptop is too slow :( So back to the drawing board figuring out a computer to use. Thinking it would be best not to use a work laptop, right? That one is powerful, but seema like it would be a bad idea.

Thinking it would be best not to use a work laptop, right? That one is powerful, but seema like it would be a bad idea.

Computers can log and report web traffic. So very bad idea.

CB has a smart phone app.

Other models have said they've gotten recommended on cheap computers from CB support.

Computers can log and report web traffic. So very bad idea.

CB has a smart phone app.

Other models have said they've gotten recommended on cheap computers from CB support.

I don't think you can stream from the app can you?

I don't think you can stream from the app can you?

You definitely can.
I had to use my mobile smartphone (iphone) to do Cam 2 Cam in private shows with a model because my webcam was so crap.
You just need a flash based browser for phone, I used Puffin but there are more. You will be limited a lot by things you can do, such as chat as you'd need to keep your video on full screen at all times. But if you explained or had a mod on the pc/laptop being able to say to people you can't type because... then it could work

Oh wow. I didn't know that... I'm wondering if you can do cam to cam but not broadcast? Not sure how old this is though but Google still says no

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180913-205047.png
    Screenshot_20180913-205047.png
    201.1 KB · Views: 5
Wow, thanks for all the tips!

I ordered my webcam and was all set to try it out...but my laptop is too slow :( So back to the drawing board figuring out a computer to use. Thinking it would be best not to use a work laptop, right? That one is powerful, but seema like it would be a bad idea.

The same happened to me back in May! It sucks when you're all ready, you sign up and start and then your broadcasts are low quality because of a bad webcam/computer/internet connection.

At least I got to see that I enjoy camming, so I thought it was worth investing in a better laptop. Now I started again and I am really motivated! Did you already verify your ID with Chaturbate or not yet? Because if you didn't, your 'new' status won't be lost for nothing, which is very good!

The same happened to me back in May! It sucks when you're all ready, you sign up and start and then your broadcasts are low quality because of a bad webcam/computer/internet connection.

At least I got to see that I enjoy camming, so I thought it was worth investing in a better laptop. Now I started again and I am really motivated! Did you already verify your ID with Chaturbate or not yet? Because if you didn't, your 'new' status won't be lost for nothing, which is very good!

No, I didn't verify yet! I'm going to give CAM4 a try with my cellphone for now and see if I can get the money for a laptop that way. Also, I have a good DSLR camera and editing software so if I can get one of my partners to photograph for me I can make some photosets to sell in the meantime.

Reactions: Lunasha
Status
Not open for further replies.